454 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.faustinaslc.com/
- Phone: 8017464441x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Billy Sotelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available
- Special Events: Wine and Beer Tastings and Holiday Prix Fixe Multiple-Course Dinners. Please check the events tab on our website for upcoming special events. http://www.faustinaslc.com/index.php/events
A word from Faustina
Faustina offers fine and inviting neighborhood dining with a stylish lounge. Come join us for a power lunch, an after work cocktail or an intimate evening. Sophisticated atmosphere with friendly service is always here at Faustina.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Faustina - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Faustina reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (35)romantic (28)good for groups (26)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (12)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A new Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014First time dinning here this past Saturday night. I had high hopes from all the rave reviews and great menu on website and I was NOT disappointed let me tell you. Food, ambiance, service all impeccable. We have a new favorite and cannot wait to bring our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!MandLIncDined on 10/21/2014Had a very nice 1st experience at Faustina. We loved the Fried Goat Cheese as a starter and our boys (3&6 years of age) really enjoyed their mac and cheese off the small plate menu. Our cocktails were very tasty and the WBG selection was bigger than I expected. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the seafood scampi while my oldest and I enjoyed the Clam Diavolo. For dessert the chocolate shake was perfect for the kids and of course we had to do a quality check and they were excellent. If you haven't been to Faustina, you should go and enjoy yourself. We did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poorkrisDined on 10/17/2014Our waitress was rude and had a poor additude. We had a party of 7 and she never asked if this was separate or one ticket. She printed out just one ticket and we needed it separated. We asked her to do so and she seemed annoyed about it. And said, "you guys need to just tell me." Had a additude. Then when she brought our checks back she told my friend that paid with cash, "im assuming you didnt want change back." Not very polite.Special Features:
- Delicious food, sluggish servicealytDined on 10/13/2014I went to this restaurant for the first time with my husband for his birthday dinner. The food was fantastic! I ordered the salmon dish and he ordered a pasta with chicken as well as the small Mac and cheese since he is a Mac and cheese connoisseur. They were all quite good and the presentation was beautiful. Sadly the restaurant was freezing cold, which other patrons were complaining about as well and the service was extremely slow with the exception of the time between ordering and the arrival of my food. It was not busy when we were there and it just seemed like our waitress was being inattentive.
- worth a visit if you are nearbyUtahSavvyTravelerDined on 10/12/2014Nice menu, food was well prepared, service was friendly but it did seem as if the waitperson was new.Special Features:
- Great FoodkhwwDined on 10/11/2014When we were seated at the restaurant we were immediately brought waters and then sat for 20 minutes without anyone introducing themselves or asking for drink orders. Six feet away their was a group of six servers/bussers setting up for a large party, we had to flag them down. There was a miscommunication about whose section we were in, besides the beginning everything was great. We ordered all small plates and everything came out fast and was really good. The apple tarte was far better than what I was expecting. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great find for the traveler!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014Excellent food with great service. Friendly an inviting atmosphere from the moment you walk in the door.Special Features:
- Delicious food & great for dates!NomNomNomDined on 10/1/2014What I really liked about Faustina was the ambiance - it's not over-the-top in decoration but the ambiance and setting is perfect for date-night. Though it was too cold for outdoor seating (October), I still really liked the indoor dining. Food was delicious, though I felt my date out-ordered me haha! We started off with the calamari, a great starter, then she had the scallops, which were AMAZING, and I had chicken penne, which was still good... but not what I expected for the high price; it was a bit watery. Though I wouldn't let that discount the whole menu. For dessert we had the panna cotta with some wine - perfect ending to the meal. Though my plate left a bit more to be desired, I'd still highly recommend this place for dining out.Special Features:
- KlsmDined on 9/17/2014I was disappointed with the quality of the food compared to the prices. The flavor of each dish could have been enhanced. Our service was the best part of our dinning experience.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceBS7910Dined on 9/16/2014We went to Faustino based on the reviews read on Open Table and Tripadviser. The dinner was great and the service was outstanding. I would really recommend this restaurant in Salt Lake City to everyone who is looking for great food at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lack of a serverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2014I'm not exactly sure what was going on, but the server was non existent. When we saw him, he was a super nice guy. But it took 20 minutes before we were even able to order drinks, and it's because I grabbed a server who wasn't ours. The bacon wrapped dates were great! I would recommend to anyone who goes there. The scallops were tasty according to the 5 people at my table who had ordered them, their only complaint was that 1 more would've made the entree perfect. My stuffed medallions were good, but my medium rare steak was well done.Special Features:
- Unbelievably slow serviceEmm5Dined on 9/16/2014Our server was very pleasant, but every step of the dining experience took forever. Lunch took almost two hours from when we arrived to when we paid, and it was not because we took long to order or lingered after we had finished eating. The restaurant was not even close to full either. They did provide a complimentary birthday dessert for one of the party which was a great gesture! The butternut squash soup is fantastic, the sweet potato chips are perfectly crunchy and not too salty, and the caprese sandwich was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding servicelovetodine3Dined on 9/12/2014It was a very nice experience. Food was very good, but the service was outstanding. I would go back again just to get all the special attention.Special Features:
- Delicious and beautifulChelseaBDined on 9/7/2014This is my favorite place for brunch with my girlfriends. We are never disappointed with the food, and the mimosa's and bloody Mary's are amazing! We sat on the patio on Sunday and hung out for hours. We love Faustina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating excellent food in the dark..Diner13Dined on 9/5/2014We opted to eat outdoors due to the excellent weather. The service was exceptional, appetizers and wine were delicious. As the evening progressed and it started to get dark we notices our table had no lighting. The staff brought candles but I still could not see the delicious cioppino as I was eating. I had to use my flashlight app on my phone to get the visual pleasure I enjoy when dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Patio SeatingwannabefoodieDined on 9/3/2014I booked at Faustina on a whim and I was not disappointed! Great food, excellent service and a comfortable and beautiful outdoor dining experience. Faustina and staff helped to make a special occasion even more special. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBillsDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food. Wonderful friendly service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did Not Disappoint!TV2712Dined on 8/27/2014We arrived for an early dinner. Most people were seated outside but we preferred an indoor booth. There were a group on the other side of the room that were loud but after they left, we had the place to ourselves. The server was wonderful. Everything we ordered from appetizers, salad, 3 separate meals and a dessert was very, very good - along with the presentation It was delivered in a timely manner and the price of the meals were on point. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a good food, good atmosphere and good service.Special Features:
- My Dessert Standbyjba7Dined on 8/22/2014When I have good friends in town or I feel like grabbing a dessert for a night cap this is the perfect place. They have a great dessert menu and some other wonderful items.Special Features:
- Excellent!Foodie26Dined on 8/20/2014As always, this place never fails to impress. I will always come back.Special Features:
- Mistake?MybuturfatDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I chose Faustina because we were looking for a romantic evening for our anniversary dinner. As bad luck would have it a very loud party of six was seated next to us, conventioneers out for a good time. Our fault for not asking to move but by then the restaurant was filling up. Our waitresswas also spending a lot of time with a table of obvious friends and though we weren't in a hurry it was frustrating to watch her stop to chat each time she was on her way to our table. It was an ok experience but not a great experience. The halibut special was average and a little dry. The scallops were wonderful. In fact, if we had stopped at the appetizers and gone somewhere else for the main course it would have been a perfect evening.
- Love this place! Always good.KbhdinerDined on 8/16/2014This is a great place to have a nice dinner. Food is always good, although I always order my same favorite (stuffed chicken breast). Good service and good wine. Recommend this nice neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still good!LisabDined on 8/15/2014I hadn't been to Faustina for a while, and it's nice to see that it is still as good as I remembered. Nicely varied menu, with many options depending on your appetite. Several people ended up waiting on us, and they were all friendly without being too overbearing. And, since they weren't busy by the time we finished our meal, they let us sit & talk with our friends for quite a while. A very nice evening.Special Features:
- First Date Jitters GoneWillDined on 8/9/2014The nervousness of going on a first date was immediately put to rest by a very gracious staff, from the initial greeting at the door to the impeccable service. The fun choices on the menu have us just the right icebreaker to talk about. The portions are perfect for sharing and everything we tried was amazing. The lamb chops looked almost too good to eat...almost. My date had the soufflé for dessert, it looked ten feet tall and although she claimed to be full, our outstanding waitress took back an empty dish. Highly recommend this place, made me look like a hero. Thanks Faustina!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014This is a very cute little neighborhood restaurant - could be just the ticket except the food was a big disappointment. We hoped for a very special evening out - and had heard good reviews for breakfast. Unfortunately, the food was just so so, nothing special at all. Sadly.
- Everything is good here....SteveVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great, personable service, nice, friendly feel for a late dinner with my wife and two 20 year olds, excellent wine list with good moderate choices and fine menu that never disappoints. All around winner and somewhere I am happy to eat 1/2x a month year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Outstanding experience time and again! Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdventurersEpicDined on 8/1/2014Chef did an excellent job with the entrees, Scampi and especially the Lamb Chops. Soufflé was interesting with Lavender flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceKatFitzDined on 7/19/2014The Faustina menu has small plates, pastas and entrees that show imagination, are attractively presented, and best of all, taste great. I've been there twice in the last month and there are still several more menu items that I want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food - with regional attitudefoodiewannabeDined on 7/14/2014chose the filet 2 ways. Very imaginative and true to its description, crab and bernaise with asparagus on one side, and wine reduction over peppercorn mashed potatoes on the other - the chef's new england roots were clearly on display. food and service were very well done. no wonder this group is buying up several of the local foodie hotspots and remaking them. the indoors is tired and quirky, but it works. everything shouldn't be sparkly, new and hip. Faustina proves you don't judge a book by its cover..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday Brunchnpm13Dined on 7/13/2014We stopped in for brunch before going to a matinee play. It was outstanding. I'd been here many times for dinner, but never before at brunch. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back for sure! Very soon! <MauimommaDined on 7/12/2014We really enjoyed our date night. The staff is very attentive and on the ball. The food is fantastic and the presentation was also! We loved the outdoor dining and how beautiful the gardens are. The flavors were awesome and I wanted to eat every bite! I almost don't want to share a great review so I can keep them to myself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesRubyMtnGeoDined on 7/10/2014We made a dinner out of the half salads and small plates. Each of the small plates were large enough for two to share and made for a great "tastings" dinner.Special Features:
- theaDined on 7/10/2014Fabulous dinner once again! Love this place--inside or out. Fresh delicious mozzarella, divine steak, delectable panna cotta. thanks to the chef, cooks, and waitress, Serafina--very pleasant person and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant and Serviceluv2dineDined on 7/10/2014WGU's staff/team had a wonderful time, received excellent service from staff, and great amazing food especially Lamb Chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Power lunch spotKatVDined on 7/8/2014This was a great spot to introduce a friend of mine to one of the principals at my firm. The environment was sophisticated and fit for a professional conversation. The waiter was attentive but did not disrupt the meeting. It was especially nice that we didn't feel that our discussion was rushed. Overall a great place to connect people and enjoy a great conversation over some good food.Special Features:
- Amazing!!ckamrooDined on 7/6/2014This place was perfect!! Took my boyfriend for his birthday dinner here. Such amazing service, very positive and friendly atmosphere... And the food... Oh man! Unreal! It was mind-blowingly good. Especially the dessert!👌😛 definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date night locationgirlsnightDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I wanted a nice place for dinner and our daughter recommended Faustina. We were extremely impressed with the level of service and quality of the food. Our server, Amy, was outstanding! She recommended menu items and checked on us several times to ensure a perfect dining experience. The food was superbly prepared and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 523 reviews are from the Faustina reviews archive.
- dorotheaDined on 6/28/2014Great dinner outside on intimate patio, delicious cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!EviesmomDined on 6/27/2014Came with a friend and we split some bacon wrapped dates and short ribs w/ polenta which were both delicious. Then I had the lasagna which was perfect for me as it was low on the ricotta and covered in mozzarella. Also included zucchini and various sausage meats. Couldn't finish it though. Would have loved dessert but selection was just ok. Great Spanish wine!Special Features: