454 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.faustinaslc.com/
- Phone: 8017464441x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Billy Sotelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available
- Special Events: Wine and Beer Tastings and Holiday Prix Fixe Multiple-Course Dinners. Please check the events tab on our website for upcoming special events. http://www.faustinaslc.com/index.php/events
A word from Faustina
Faustina offers fine and inviting neighborhood dining with a stylish lounge. Come join us for a power lunch, an after work cocktail or an intimate evening. Sophisticated atmosphere with friendly service is always here at Faustina.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Faustina - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Faustina reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (29)good for groups (24)romantic (22)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Outstanding servicelovetodine3Dined on 9/12/2014It was a very nice experience. Food was very good, but the service was outstanding. I would go back again just to get all the special attention.Special Features:
- Delicious and beautifulChelseaBDined on 9/7/2014This is my favorite place for brunch with my girlfriends. We are never disappointed with the food, and the mimosa's and bloody Mary's are amazing! We sat on the patio on Sunday and hung out for hours. We love Faustina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating excellent food in the dark..Diner13Dined on 9/5/2014We opted to eat outdoors due to the excellent weather. The service was exceptional, appetizers and wine were delicious. As the evening progressed and it started to get dark we notices our table had no lighting. The staff brought candles but I still could not see the delicious cioppino as I was eating. I had to use my flashlight app on my phone to get the visual pleasure I enjoy when dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Patio SeatingwannabefoodieDined on 9/3/2014I booked at Faustina on a whim and I was not disappointed! Great food, excellent service and a comfortable and beautiful outdoor dining experience. Faustina and staff helped to make a special occasion even more special. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBillsDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food. Wonderful friendly service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did Not Disappoint!TV2712Dined on 8/27/2014We arrived for an early dinner. Most people were seated outside but we preferred an indoor booth. There were a group on the other side of the room that were loud but after they left, we had the place to ourselves. The server was wonderful. Everything we ordered from appetizers, salad, 3 separate meals and a dessert was very, very good - along with the presentation It was delivered in a timely manner and the price of the meals were on point. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a good food, good atmosphere and good service.Special Features:
- My Dessert Standbyjba7Dined on 8/22/2014When I have good friends in town or I feel like grabbing a dessert for a night cap this is the perfect place. They have a great dessert menu and some other wonderful items.Special Features:
- Excellent!Foodie26Dined on 8/20/2014As always, this place never fails to impress. I will always come back.Special Features:
- Mistake?MybuturfatDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I chose Faustina because we were looking for a romantic evening for our anniversary dinner. As bad luck would have it a very loud party of six was seated next to us, conventioneers out for a good time. Our fault for not asking to move but by then the restaurant was filling up. Our waitresswas also spending a lot of time with a table of obvious friends and though we weren't in a hurry it was frustrating to watch her stop to chat each time she was on her way to our table. It was an ok experience but not a great experience. The halibut special was average and a little dry. The scallops were wonderful. In fact, if we had stopped at the appetizers and gone somewhere else for the main course it would have been a perfect evening.
- Love this place! Always good.KbhdinerDined on 8/16/2014This is a great place to have a nice dinner. Food is always good, although I always order my same favorite (stuffed chicken breast). Good service and good wine. Recommend this nice neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still good!LisabDined on 8/15/2014I hadn't been to Faustina for a while, and it's nice to see that it is still as good as I remembered. Nicely varied menu, with many options depending on your appetite. Several people ended up waiting on us, and they were all friendly without being too overbearing. And, since they weren't busy by the time we finished our meal, they let us sit & talk with our friends for quite a while. A very nice evening.Special Features:
- First Date Jitters GoneWillDined on 8/9/2014The nervousness of going on a first date was immediately put to rest by a very gracious staff, from the initial greeting at the door to the impeccable service. The fun choices on the menu have us just the right icebreaker to talk about. The portions are perfect for sharing and everything we tried was amazing. The lamb chops looked almost too good to eat...almost. My date had the soufflé for dessert, it looked ten feet tall and although she claimed to be full, our outstanding waitress took back an empty dish. Highly recommend this place, made me look like a hero. Thanks Faustina!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014This is a very cute little neighborhood restaurant - could be just the ticket except the food was a big disappointment. We hoped for a very special evening out - and had heard good reviews for breakfast. Unfortunately, the food was just so so, nothing special at all. Sadly.
- Everything is good here....SteveVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great, personable service, nice, friendly feel for a late dinner with my wife and two 20 year olds, excellent wine list with good moderate choices and fine menu that never disappoints. All around winner and somewhere I am happy to eat 1/2x a month year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Outstanding experience time and again! Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdventurersEpicDined on 8/1/2014Chef did an excellent job with the entrees, Scampi and especially the Lamb Chops. Soufflé was interesting with Lavender flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceKatFitzDined on 7/19/2014The Faustina menu has small plates, pastas and entrees that show imagination, are attractively presented, and best of all, taste great. I've been there twice in the last month and there are still several more menu items that I want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food - with regional attitudefoodiewannabeDined on 7/14/2014chose the filet 2 ways. Very imaginative and true to its description, crab and bernaise with asparagus on one side, and wine reduction over peppercorn mashed potatoes on the other - the chef's new england roots were clearly on display. food and service were very well done. no wonder this group is buying up several of the local foodie hotspots and remaking them. the indoors is tired and quirky, but it works. everything shouldn't be sparkly, new and hip. Faustina proves you don't judge a book by its cover..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday Brunchnpm13Dined on 7/13/2014We stopped in for brunch before going to a matinee play. It was outstanding. I'd been here many times for dinner, but never before at brunch. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back for sure! Very soon! <MauimommaDined on 7/12/2014We really enjoyed our date night. The staff is very attentive and on the ball. The food is fantastic and the presentation was also! We loved the outdoor dining and how beautiful the gardens are. The flavors were awesome and I wanted to eat every bite! I almost don't want to share a great review so I can keep them to myself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesRubyMtnGeoDined on 7/10/2014We made a dinner out of the half salads and small plates. Each of the small plates were large enough for two to share and made for a great "tastings" dinner.Special Features:
- theaDined on 7/10/2014Fabulous dinner once again! Love this place--inside or out. Fresh delicious mozzarella, divine steak, delectable panna cotta. thanks to the chef, cooks, and waitress, Serafina--very pleasant person and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant and Serviceluv2dineDined on 7/10/2014WGU's staff/team had a wonderful time, received excellent service from staff, and great amazing food especially Lamb Chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Power lunch spotKatVDined on 7/8/2014This was a great spot to introduce a friend of mine to one of the principals at my firm. The environment was sophisticated and fit for a professional conversation. The waiter was attentive but did not disrupt the meeting. It was especially nice that we didn't feel that our discussion was rushed. Overall a great place to connect people and enjoy a great conversation over some good food.Special Features:
- Amazing!!ckamrooDined on 7/6/2014This place was perfect!! Took my boyfriend for his birthday dinner here. Such amazing service, very positive and friendly atmosphere... And the food... Oh man! Unreal! It was mind-blowingly good. Especially the dessert!👌😛 definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date night locationgirlsnightDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I wanted a nice place for dinner and our daughter recommended Faustina. We were extremely impressed with the level of service and quality of the food. Our server, Amy, was outstanding! She recommended menu items and checked on us several times to ensure a perfect dining experience. The food was superbly prepared and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dorotheaDined on 6/28/2014Great dinner outside on intimate patio, delicious cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!EviesmomDined on 6/27/2014Came with a friend and we split some bacon wrapped dates and short ribs w/ polenta which were both delicious. Then I had the lasagna which was perfect for me as it was low on the ricotta and covered in mozzarella. Also included zucchini and various sausage meats. Couldn't finish it though. Would have loved dessert but selection was just ok. Great Spanish wine!Special Features:
- Great appetizers, fair entreesLAH4Dined on 6/25/2014The 3 appetizers we ordered were all wonderful. The 3 entrees were less than stellar. All were over salted. The scallops were fishy and there were only 3 in the whole dish. I would not recommend for dinner. Possibly for drinks and appetizers. Also, it was a very warm day. The air conditioning could not keep up and the restaurant was extremely warm. They kept the door open as well which didn't help.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2014Really enjoyed the experience. Nice feel altogether. Liked the fact that you felt comfortable dressing casual or dressing up. Very lovely service. The prices are reasonable and I think excellent for how good the food is. New place for us and we will for sure be back.Special Features:
- Great food & great service!FoodisguuuudDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I decided to try Faustina for our anniversary this weekend and fell in love with the restaurant (and each other, of course...). Aaron, our server, was funny and involved with every table. He made each of his guests feel important. The food was nothing less than amazing! We ordered way too much but loved every bite. I recommend anything from the seafood list. We are looking forward to an excuse to return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedDissapointedCustomerDined on 6/13/2014I was excited to have my birthday dinner there. I had heard nothing but good things about Faustina and was looking forward to it with friends and family. When we were sat down and given our water, my friend automatically spilled it due to the uneven tables masked by the tablecloth. We had to be careful where we put our drinks. Service was slow and to top it off, my seafood pasta was very watery and not very flavorful. I was very dissapointed in the food and service. As the sun went down, our light at the table was broken so we pretty much sat in the dark for about 30 minutes. Overall, I wish I had gone somewhere else.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/5/2014Food was over cooked and little taste. I had pork tenderloin and was well well done. Waiter was just ok. The food came before we were finished with salads.Special Features:
- The following 516 reviews are from the Faustina reviews archive.
- Small plate success!Jewlgrl77Dined on 5/18/2014Very cute restaurant with exceptional staff. We had an early dinner on a Sunday so the place was a bit dead - I can easily see a great ambiance/energy on a Friday/Saturday night though and look forward to returning! I ordered a couple things off the small plates menu (fried goat cheese, bacon wrapped dates and beet carpaccio) and all were exceptional! My husband had a tomato soup, Cesar salad and linguini davali (sp?) - both his soup and pasta were VERY peppery but the staff took care of both and comped dessert! (Blueberry souflee and creme brulee! - both not to be missed). Looking forward to returning and trying more of those small plates!!Special Features:
- Virginia GuestsQTWinvestigationsDined on 5/15/2014Party of five. Excellent food reasonably priced with fast service. Portions were large and well presented. Seafood pasta and chicken linguini were perfect choices. Even the bread with oil and balsamic vinegar was excellent. We went through two full loaves. We'll go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayFoodieDined on 5/11/2014We went for the Mother's Day brunch. The food and service were excellent! This was our first visit to Faustina and I guarantee we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Evening5starsfordinnerDined on 5/9/2014We decided to make a meal out of small plates, wine, and dessert. Our server was fantastic. He was knowledgeable, available, and funny. He gave us some great recommendations. I highly recommend the Bacon Wrapped Dates and Oscar Filet. The atmosphere was lovely. We could talk and enjoy ourselves with out having to shout or whisper. We will definitely be back at Faustina again to try some entrees very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday dinnerJaneVIPDined on 5/4/2014We celebrated our granddaughter's 16th birthday with her family and enjoyed a memorable meal and evening as usual. Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, nice atmospherewxwatcherDined on 4/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed this downtown Salt Lake City find! Great mix of patrons and dress styles, from business to nice-casual. The service was prompt and the food was flavorful and fresh. I recommend the cioppino and the lamb chops. One minor gripe is that the banquette seats sink a fair amount when you sit down; anyone 5'7" and shorter may want to ask for a table with standard chairs unless you'd prefer to be closer to your scrumptious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch findVacationgrlDined on 4/26/2014Faustina has always been a favorite of mine for dinner and I'd never been for brunch. We needed a last minute place that took reservations and I'm glad we ended up there. Everyone loved the food and my favorite is the Faustina benedict. Instead of an English muffin, they use polenta, which is a nice change. Their mimosa selection was great and my friend loved his Bloody Mary, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.