Faultline Brewing Company
1235 Oakmead Pkwy
Sunnyvale, CA 94085Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Faultline Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.faultlinebrewing.com/
- Phone: 4087362739x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm,
Dinner: Monday thru Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm Saturday 5pm to 9:30 pm
Happy Hour Monday thru Friday 3:30pm to 6pm (bar only)
During Football Season Faultline is open from 9:30 am to 4pm
(September through December only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Daryl Dillahunty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: FBC is available for private events on Saturdays & Sundays. For groups as small as 50 people. (minimum charges apply)
- Private Party Contact: Catrin Wynkoop 408-821-7267x
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday & Saturday Nights from 6pm to 9pm
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip) $31 to $50
- Cross Street: Lakeside Drive
- Public Transit: We are one mile east of the Lawrence Caltrain station. Bus routes 328 and 55 stop on Lawrence Expressway and Oakmead pkwy.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a large parking lot that can fill up on busy nights. But after 6pm you can park in the neighboring lots
A word from Faultline Brewing Company
Whether you want to sit on our patio with an ice cold beer, take your new client out to lunch with a lakeside view, or enjoy a night out with family and friends for a spectacular dinner, Faultline Brewing Company is what you are looking for. Faultline brings you a newly remodelled patio, and a full service sports bar with 22 flat screen televisions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Faultline Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Sunnyvale ›
Faultline Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)scenic view (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)late-night find (3)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/5/2014Fri night had band playing which made it difficult to talk. Service was very good, and accommodated one person's early arrival. Food style appears to have changed for spicier sauces and many hot peppers as condiments. Limits options for those who prefer milder spicing. Salmon was swimming in creamy sauce, hot pepper slices. Lentil dal had tinge of spicy flavor and spinach/garbanzo was tasty yet too soupy. Not good replacement for real Indian food since felt bloated and uncomfortable post-dinner, which does not happen at our fav Indian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, lively and food is goodAriat2008Dined on 8/22/2014I had a small dinner party here for 6 of us after work on Friday. We met for drinks (missed the happy hour unfortunately) but had the great crafted beer - the Hefeweizen, Pale Ale, the IPA all were good. At 7pm we had dinner reservations, and the food was awesome. The memorable dinners that got great ratings from our group were: Jambalaya, fish and chips, and the Chicken Picatta. Our server Edward was great and made an effort to keep us happy and our beer full!Special Features:
- Food much better than servicenapadiner2VIPDined on 8/19/2014gave us our bill before even asking if we wanted dessert, and missed one of our party's beverage orders; had to ask 3 times. will recommend for the food, not for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got ill after eatingHRSDVIPDined on 8/14/2014Ordered a Caesar salad with salmon and became ill about an hour later. Not sure if it was bad lettuce or bad salmon.
- Business Lunch / Happy Hour PlacebizluncherDined on 8/14/2014Faultline Brewery is good for lunch and happy hours. There is a lot of variety on the menu to cater to many tastes. It's not a problem if you are vegetarian or have gluten free needs. They cater to those diets, too. The beer here is great and they have a lot of variety of great award winning beers. This place is great to have a business lunch in Sunnyvale to cater to all tastes. Noise level is good to so you can have conversation you can hear. Happy hour at Faultline is great too! The ambience is great during happy hour and is really busy. Food during happy hour is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the cocktails, skip the foodME23Dined on 8/1/2014The cocktails are good but that is about where the positive experience ends. I ordered the chicken jambalaya, it was mostly rice and spices that tore up my not-so-sensitive stomach. My boss ordered the seafood jambalaya, when it arrived it had sausage in it (he does not eat pork due to religious beliefs which is why he ordered the seafood dish), so he spent most of the meal picking out the sausage. The other dishes were also very heavy on the grease. It took over 30 min for our food to arrive, we barely saw our waitress. Really not a positive experience.
- Great for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014This is a great place to grab lunch with coworkers. The lunch menu is diverse and has something for everyone. The food is good, and the beer is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up and DownWalnutCreekFoodieDined on 6/28/2014Some of the food was great. The ribs weren't...super fatty and the bbq sauce had no flavor. Wings were excellent. Hit or miss with the food. But overall really liked the place and will be back.Special Features:
- Happy timesSusanDined on 6/26/2014My sisters and friends often gather at Faultline for lunch. It is very central for us to meet there. Our servers are always great. It was a beatiful day so we chose to sit outside. This time two wanted sun and two didn't and our umbrella was great for that. We had beautifully healthy lunches so we could justify our drinks and shared desserts. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in Sunnyvale!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Came here on a whim and was amazed! Great food, great beer and great tunes! I had the seared wild salmon and my fiance had the prime rib (cooked medium)... they were both so incredibly delicious! As for the beer....we started off with the sampler and ended up getting the Hefeweizen. As for the ambiance..there was a fantastic live band singing soulful R&B...with a lil Michael Jackson! Only wished we would have gotten there earlier to hear them play more! Overall it was a wonderful experience and I couldn't recommend this place more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchJeremyVIPDined on 6/19/2014Fastest service ever seen for a business lunchtime place. Very good Jamacian Jerk Chicken Salad with IPA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silicon Valley Engineers dominate.jimbarnesVIPDined on 6/11/2014How is it these patrons have no taste and can't drive this restaurant into having decent food? Because, on the average, they have no taste! Beer is ok although served warmish. Worst brisket ever. Bad chicken stew. Plates cold. Food variable temperature depending on item on the plate--some had obviously been sitting out.
- The following 284 reviews are from the Faultline Brewing Company reviews archive.
- went back!niceplaceDined on 5/20/2014We liked it so much we went back the ends night of our trip! The food was excellent and the beer was too! Don't miss this great find...Special Features:
- SweetShyamDined on 5/2/2014Good Service and good food and BEER! We took the beer flight and I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place fro groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/24/2014This is a nice place to bring groups. Good energy level, great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingwaltergiantVIPDined on 4/23/2014This used to be a solid place to grab a nice pub meal with your beer, but the past three times I've been here, the food was markedly of less quality than before. Staff is less than helpful; vegan options are alluded to but not offered; and the quality of the ingredients just feel tired or of lower quality than I have experienced here in the past.
- Hard to chooseOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 4/23/2014I've been here twice and both times I had to study the menu to find anything even remotely appealing. This is below-average bar food.
- Second time hereDryzVIPDined on 4/19/2014This was our second time here probably a little over a year. Or last experience was really good. The food was excellent, service and ambiance was great. This time the first thing right off the bat was a live band playing and it was extremely loud. We could barely hear our waiter or ourselves talking. We noticed that the menu had changed since last time too. We ordered the calamari appetizer and it didn't have much flavor to it. In fact all of our dishes were just not that flavorful. And another thing was our main dishes took about an hour too come out. The server tried to do the best he could and we were given some free deserts. In all, not a very good experience this time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014Still difficult to park a car. Noticed that prices went up from our visit last year. Usually was taking friends from around a world there but now should change this place to something more appropriate. Even though beer and food are still good there.Special Features:
- A couple of weeks ago I wasME23Dined on 4/11/2014A couple of weeks ago I was at Faultline and became addicted to their ceviche. Upon my return specifically to have that dish I found that they changed it from a fish ceviche to a shrimp ceviche which is no where near as good. I was highly disappointed. Apparently they changed a couple of their popular dishes. Not sure why if they were popular. We went as a group on a Friday night to unwind and catch up with each other. They had a live band inside in the dining area and we had to ask to be moved because we couldn't hear each other talk, which was the whole reason we went out to dinner. Not a bad place, the rest of the food was pretty good, cocktails are good. Live music should be outside as no one seemed to be enjoying shouting over it.
- Good food but staff is untrainedJudyVIPDined on 4/10/2014Food was good enough to want to come back but the wait staff was so annoying that I may not return. I am always happy when a waiter/waitress comes back to check on how we are doing and if we need anything and/or if our food is ok, HOWEVER I have to say it crosses into rude and annoying on the 7th time they ask. Seriously we were interrupted mid-conversation 7 times by the waitress and then once by someone else (maybe the manager?). So frustrating. Maybe they wanted to just rush us through but our lunch took less than 45 minutes and there were lots of free tables so I can't imagine why. I think I will opt to go somewhere else next time.
- reviewnicknameDined on 4/5/2014It was wayyyyyy too empty and quiet. I had really only wanted to go there to have dinner while listening to live music, but their band cancelled last minute. Not the restaurants fault. But there was only a handful of people in there so it was just so quiet. They definitely need to figure out a way to get more people there on the weekends. I may try going during the week.
- ServicePercyDined on 3/26/2014Servers were very attentive and kept the people I brought happy and their drinks full. Appreciate the front desk staff getting us in immediately since we had reservations. It impressed the group. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great service good food niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2014Great service good food nice decor. Horrible horrible live music and I mean unbearable loud annoying and in poor tasteSpecial Features:
- We go with groups from workOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014We go with groups from work for special occasions. The food is good. I find it somewhat noisy but I generally like quieter places. I have never eaten dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service with a smileVespaDivaDined on 2/24/2014On a sunny, warm February day, I chose to sit outside. My dining partner needed shade. I alerted the restaurant of my desire for one in the shade, one in the sun seating. When we arrived, the hostess let us know our patio table was ready, just as we had requested. Once we were seated she asked if the music was too loud. It wasn't and I was delighted with the thoughtful question. Our server took our orders and delivered food in a timely manner, refilling my sparkling water regularly. My field greens with grilled vegetable salad was delicious and perfectly sized. My friend's steak, which he requested served with a demiglace arrived with a mushroom version of said sauce that my companion enjoyed. His house crafted brew was good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food at Faultline BrewingDonnaeatsDined on 2/22/2014There are much better brew pubs than Faultline in the South Bay area.Special Features:
- The beer and appetizer menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/20/2014The beer and appetizer menu are great. The entrees were just OK.Special Features:
- wopgirl63Dined on 2/14/2014Great beer selection and bar food....specials are the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- faultlineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food was great had an amazing time at this restaurant being a first timer.Special Features:
- Just okVisitorDined on 2/10/2014Fairly expensive for "just ok". Beer is brewed there and is ok. Service was ok. Happy hour was weak- little discount on beer only (not other mixed drinks) and most apps are not discounted. Food in the ding room was ok not memorable. Kind of middle of the road - not bad, not great.
- Reservation necessarySCbeerVIPDined on 1/29/2014It is always full and you need to wait 15 - 30 minutes if you don't have a reservation for dinner time. Parking is also a challenge. They have huge parking lot but can't find any available slot. Neighbor office parking space shows "no restaurant parking. towed at driver's expense" which is scary.Special Features:
- Great beer!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/27/2014I dined at Faultline Brewing Company on a recent business trip to Palo Alto. I had the eggplant lasagna and was very pleased with the meal. Even better was the beer! The service was also good - overall a very solid dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Service!MelissaDined on 1/25/2014Thank you to our awesome waiter, Mike, and to Jonathan for the great walk through on the beer. Our new favorite spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too damn louddrgermDined on 1/4/2014We were there on a Saturday evening, 6:30. Restaurant was almost empty. Unfortunately after 20min a live band started playing (to the still almost-empty restaurant) at a noise level that made any conversation absolutely impossible. For us, that entirely ruined the evening. We will not be coming back. Unrelated, I also remember the menu as much more interesting (last visit was April, 9 months ago), with some not-so-standard sea food and meat dishes. This time, there was mostly just burgers, steak, meat loaf, and a couple of salads.Special Features:
- New owners have made majorOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/21/2013New owners have made major changes to menu and service. Had best food selection in bar-like setting though noticed that not many present during holiday week. Server quite helpful and generous with samples of new blend at brewery. Recommend to hang and go watch sports.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful food but slow kitchenChoosyFoodiesVIPDined on 12/21/2013Despite there being very few diners in the restaurant it took nearly 45 minutes for our food to arrive. The food was tasty but the service needs improvement. Our server did not acknowledge the delay nor apologize but just kept bringing bread to the table as a way to assuage us. Probably will not go back.
- Good BreweryMrTeacherDined on 11/23/2013I enjoyed the Faultline, but their menu wasn't traditional enough for me. I was hoping for some good quality American brew/pub food. I was happy to see they had a hamburger and fish & chips option. I ordered the hamburger, but it wasn't cooked as well as I would have liked. The Faultline is perfect if you like American/German beer with Indian and Asian influenced food dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beer, awful foodBerrypatchDined on 11/19/2013Started the night with one set of colleagues at the bar. Calamari was good, beer was great. Yummy cask brew. Later, met another set of people for the meal. Awful! One of the group had the ribs and couldn't recognize what they were. One of the friends that stayed at the bar also had ribs and said the same thing when we joined up later. I had Salmon Poke, and it was vile. So much vinegar that the salmon was cooked through before it came to the table. The "greens" were like shredded plastic garnish soaked it in acid. Server saw I couldn't eat mine and took it off the bill. He was attentive throughout a very long meal/business meeting. Good service through out the evening. Liked the ambiance.... just wish the food had been edible.
- pea and ham salad and overall saladsjcjudyVIPDined on 11/19/2013Quite disappointed with the salad. The menu did not describe the salad very well - and were quite unpleasantly surprised when it arrived! Did not look very appetizing and it was mayonnaise based salad vs over greens. The lunch menu has become devoid of good lunch salad choices.Special Features: