Fattoria E Mare
1095 Rollins Road
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fattoria E Mare
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://fattoriaemare.com/
- Phone: 6503424922x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday-Sunday Brunch AL Fresco 11:30- 3:00 pm
Monday-Friday Lunch Al Fresco 11:30- 3:00 pm
Dinner Every day
Sunday-Thursday 5:30- 10:00 pm
Friday- Saturday 5:30-11:00 pm
Happy Hours Everyday Lounge Opens 4:00-6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Pablo Estrada
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: upon reqested
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Wednesday Throw Sunday from 7 10 pm
- Special Events: we offer Testing menus if interesting please Contact, our Especial event Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
cell 415 707 9783 or restaurant Direct line 650 342 4922
A word from Fattoria E Mare
Fattoria e Mare, a vibrant Bay Area Peninsula restaurant serving simply prepared new urban rustic food. Utilizing organic and sustainable ingredients sourced from local vendors. Prepared by Chef Pablo Estrada and his highly experienced team of chefs have created a menu inspired from food tours throughout the U.K., Europe and the Americas, showcasing the best that California has to offer. The menu will change often featuring ingredients at their peak, there will also be a daily changing four course menu, allowing the chef to feature some of his best dishes and the daily roast from the rotisserie. The menu will also have a wine pairing available to complement each course for an additional cost.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fattoria E Mare reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)notable wine list (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Beautiful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014We checked out this new restaurant at the same location that has housed other restaurants in the past. This by far the most enjoyable dining experience for us. Excellent customer service. Our server was attentive and helpful. The host came by couple of times to check on things and the chef came out at the end of the meal to see if we were satisfied with all the food. Each plate was beautifully executed and presented and everyone's food came all at once. I tried the 4-course prix fixe dinner which I highly recommend. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Enjoyable dining experienceslumDined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit to Fattoria e Mare, and we look forward to dining there again. The food was very good; seafood was fresh and flavorful. The wait staff was very cordial and attentive.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchessjayVIPDined on 8/17/2014Fresh homemade biscuits yum yum Brioche French Toast Smoked Mussels next time dinner service was top notchSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were very disappointed in this dinner as a whole. The food itself wasn't bad - in fact, the charcuterie appetizer and the grilled branzino were both excellent. However, there is a large disconnect between the food and the rest of the place. The service was rote and unpolished. The question we asked about the (terrible, uninspired) wine list was met with a blank stare, and no one was sent over to talk to us. We were told to "enjoy" at least 8 times, including when new cutlery was brought to the table. The windows next to our table were all opened to let in the evening breeze, which would have been delightful, if we weren't facing 101's very loud roar of traffic. The culinary aspirations far outweigh the overall experience.
- feedmewellfeedmewellDined on 8/16/2014Love the idea of the patio, but it needs some attention. Waiter forgets you're out there. Great appetizers, the pasta and pizza were just ok this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun2dineoutDined on 8/12/2014Service was great. Everyone was attentive. Feathered steak was best item on our menu for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/9/2014I love that we have an SF style Italian restaurant "in the neighborhood". Creative and imaginative dishes! We'll definitely be back. I'll give it 4.5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014Great food, service was excellent, everyone very attentive..good wine by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rose99Dined on 8/7/2014I had the pasta with lobster sauce and crab .The taste was not balanced. Spice/sauce was off. My friend had the Fideua Tagliari and said there was too much sausage in it .It was not Italian more Mexican in my opinion. The wines were not good GI Sangiovese and Sauvignon Blanc. Maybe other wines are better! The desserts Tiramsu and gelato were great! . I would go back to try it again. Everyone was so nice .We need to give the a chance . Nice to have this place close to home! Of course Café Roma coffee is the best!!!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant in BurlingameSSFTravelDined on 8/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner there. This place is quite new and I hope people will give it a try!Special Features:
- WinenonymousVIPDined on 8/4/2014The Pasta is home made fresh and the bread was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food & Great Music!ChumVIPDined on 7/23/2014I don't typically write reviews, but the experience was so good, that I want to share...We met friends for dinner but had time to enjoy a cocktail at the bar beforehand. The bartender was great and happily accommodated my request for an "espresso martini", which wasn't something they normally serve. His Manhatten was spot on too! They had live music in the bar, which carried over to the restaurant at just the right level of sound. It was like dining at a Trattoria in Italy. The Tuna Tartar & Fig & Burrata Cheese Appetizers were amazing! Spectacular food and the desserts are made on-sight...Yum! The service was excellent and we never felt rushed. This is a great place for a group of friends, family or a romantic dinner for two!Special Features:
- Elegance on BurlingameSanCarlosGourmetDined on 7/22/2014This large restaurant has had many iterations. Modern decor, hushed atmosphere. Very attentive service. Plenty of menu choices. Wine list is varied and moderately priced. Only 3 months new. Few patrons. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spend with cautionHopefulVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was excellent & service was extremely professional, but prices were very high since all is al carte. Their version of Cesar salad was very good; salmon, chicken & pork belly were all good. The cost for corkage was EXTREMELY high. I hope they adjust things otherwise they will not be successful.Special Features:
- diningdelightDined on 7/19/2014Food was good but the portions were small. I left still hungry.Special Features:
- retiredteachersDined on 7/17/2014dinner was delicious but expensive for us. It would be a special occasion, and we only had water.Special Features:
- Great new find in BurlingamerekkerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Decided to give F&M a try, and came away very impressed! Food was creative and excellent, service was terrific, and we were there on a Friday evening and were treated to live music during our two hour dining experience. Friendly staff, nice wine list...all in all, a terrific addition to our dining alternatives in the Burlingame area.Special Features:
- very comfortableLeungVIPDined on 7/10/2014The restaurant is very goog for talking in groups, but not romantic enough because there is too much light.Special Features:
- luvvansVIPDined on 7/2/2014Bartender, Mark, very nice. Drinks too expensive. Their happy hour only included their own specialty drinks for $6.00 vs. $11. So, if you want your own favorite Manhattan or Martini, you pay $10., so there is no happy hour for you! Beto, our waiter, very nice, but, we had to request bread (focaccia). The "featherbone" steak very tasty, but expensive, served with spinach only. The salmon (served on a bed of beans & a tasty sauce) was very good, but could have been a larger portion for the price. Hope they make it, looks like they have a large investment in a nice space.
- KaysimulcasterVIPDined on 7/2/2014First time at this newer restaurant. The waiter, Manuel, was excellent. The new decor and ambiance was very nice. However, the food was a disappointment starting with my appetizer, the pork belly, which had not been cooked long enough and had way to much fat and no crispness that should come with good pork belly. Presentation of all the dishes was very good, but in general, the food wasn't quite what we had hoped
- JenjenDined on 6/28/2014Restaurant is still new and trying to find its niche. The food has both highs and lows. But the service from all of the staff more than make up the lows.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Service, Live Jazz!JessSDined on 6/27/2014My family and I dined here for the first time after purchasing a Groupon. The physical location is right off of HY 101 in Burlingame, so it is very convenient for business travelers or anyone looking for a lovely meal near the airport. As you walk in, there is an inviting-looking outdoor patio with gas heaters and a tiled fire pit. Inside, the layout is a bit odd- but the decor is tasteful and updated. From where we sat, we had an unobstructed view of the dining room and kitchen. The food here is exquisite and very well prepared. It's obviously a labor of love for the chef, who came to our table personally to make sure we were enjoying our meal. The Warm Pork Belly, Broiled Dry Aged Featherbone Steak, and Seafood Stew were standouts!Special Features:
- Great food in beautiful setting!luv2dineDined on 6/22/2014Heard about the new opening and was very satisfied with our dining experience. Food was very fresh and tasty - each plate had its own unique flavors and textures. We ordered tuna tartare, wagyu crudo, grilled octopus, pork belly and purple potato gnocchi with rabbit ragu - all delicious! The venue is set-up for lounging at the bar with drinks and food, relaxing outside on the patio, or table-seating in the dining area. Service is relaxed and friendly. Would recommend for a special evening or just popping over as your neighborhood favorite, there's something for everyone!Special Features:
- PerfectDineDontEatDined on 6/22/2014Our goal was a private dining experience with eight friends, food that was really tasty and service to meet our desire to slow things down and enjoy the moment. It was perfect. We sat in a private dining room. We pre-ordered a custom 4-course tasting menu in advance to make things easy for all. Pizza, pastas, salads, meat and fish. They even printed 'our menu' to share. It was amazing. The kitchen was on point. Food arrived beautifully plated. Our friends passed one dish after another enjoying every delicious bite. We spent the better part of three hours in OUR private dining room. Pablo, Chef and Owner, knows how to do it right and I can't imagine a more enjoyable way to enjoy friends, food and a few bottles of wine. Bravo..Special Features:
- Delicious!LOULOUDined on 6/21/2014My friend and I dined here for Saturday brunch, and we enjoyed everything about our experience. The food was delicious, the staff were attentive and friendly, and the restaurant is quite beautiful. The patio was not open the day we were there, but it looks like it could be really lovely out there.Special Features:
- KokoVIPDined on 6/15/2014New restaurant with new staff - staff needs to be better trained to elevate the restaurant and match the menu pricing level. They are not working in a Macraroni Grill chain level. They are trying but not "polished" and hopefully that can happen soon to help the restaurant succeed.
- Fresh from the farm and the seaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2014Seasonal and very fresh ingredients are apparent in the menu offerings and on the plates. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014My experience was a nice surprise. I enjoyed the food - it was very tasty. I wish the menu had a few more options, but overall it was great. I like the outdoors area and I look forward to coming to the restaurant on an evening when they have the band playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will visit a second time...timetodineDined on 6/8/2014Quiet Sunday night been open a month. They still have several kinks to work out, and I hope they do as the food is tasty and owner/ servers are trying really hard to get things right. Ordered Charcuetrie plate, which was tasty except for the meat that was too spicy from sitting on the hot peppers and sauce. Enjoyed the selection and generous portion. Our table ordered little gem salad, and beet salad and both were tasty and fresh and flavorful and generous. Entrees ordered were pork chop,ahi tuna tartare,which were very good, and the steak. Unfortunately steak was barely warm, undercooked and fatty piece of meat. Also they need to get ingredients for dirty martini, didn't have them. Chocolate mousse was great, baked Alaska was not.
- snuffyVIPDined on 6/4/2014there was an error in the drink order, the food was "unusual" (purple gnocchi), the bread was the best thing, and the service was slow, although there were only a few diners at the time.
- New, tasty Italian restaurantdvnoneVIPDined on 5/31/2014If you want a warm, friendly, delicious Italian restaurant, then Fattoria E Mare in Burlingame is the place to go. The beet salad was delicious with the added touch of toasted quinoa. We also loved the mussels and the scallops. My only complaint was the ribeye steak. I did not care for the quality of the cut so they substituted my entree. The salmon was cooked to perfection. Looking forward to going again this month to hear the jazz music.Special Features:
- New flavors in townfeedmewellDined on 5/29/2014Sourcing fresh, local ingredients the chef is using imagination and succeeding. We shared multiple small plates and everything was delicious. Amazing beet salad, waygu beef, perfectly cooked pasta with fresh peas, mushrooms and green beans, super creamy panna cotta and sorbet. Can't wait to go back and try the wood fired pizza. Huge patio was perfect for dining outside. Great potential to be a fabulous new hot spot.Special Features:
- Very unique Italian restaurantPh415Dined on 5/29/2014Great food, service, portion and price. Lots of large tables and would be great for parties and outdoor dining. Ample parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- etlrVIPDined on 5/29/2014What a great new restaurant for Burlingame! My husband & I went for dinner & we experienced flavours we'd never had before. Pablo, the chef/owner is very innovative with the fresh, organic ingredients he obtains from local farms. Between us we sampled smoked mussels, fattoria de mare, little gems with poached egg salad, grilled pork chop with baby turnips - including their tops & trumpets - & finally, tiramisu. Everything was very different & very enjoyable. Our waiter, Englebert, was A++, so knowledgeable, attentive & pleasant, and he recommeded an excellent Italian wine. Pablo visited us & asked if we had suggestions on ways to improve anything - a nice touch! Also, Jorge, the GM, was very friendly & welcoming. We'll be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a pleasant surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014We had an absolutely fantastic time. The food was wonderful. Englebert our waiter was perhaps the best I have ever had, knowledgeable, friendly, attentive and let us set the pace. The hot jazz on Wednesday night added a fun element, they were very professional. A very memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mavulaDined on 5/8/2014The food and service are excellent! The staff is very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Beautifully prepared dishes. The beet salad is out of this world!Special Features:
- New RestaurantcalifornialipDined on 5/6/2014The potential for this restaurant to be great is there. Chef/owner from very good restaurant in San Francisco. Nice menu. When we went, the restaurant was new and only opened about 2 weeks prior. The sign outside still showed the name of the previous restaurant. They were still working out all the kinks including what would be in the final menu. However, what we had was very good. Will try it again at a later date to see if kinks worked out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/5/2014The food was amazing. We shared the Chartcuterie plate, the wagyu beef, a small pizza and a pasta with seafood. Everything was delicious, including the proprietor recommended Italian wine.Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the Fattoria E Mare reviews archive.
- Low Expectations, High ResultsFoodyVIPDined on 4/26/2014I saw this "new" restaurant here and decided to try it for brunch last Saturday. It is in the old Medallion Steak House building. That place was terrible. Upon entering, I saw a few people at the bar and no other patrons in the empty room. We were given the brunch menus and were quite surprised that all the items listed looked very unique and sounded like they would be interesting to try. There has been a pizza oven in the restaurant since it was built and we decided to try the one on the menu which was with prosciutto, some greens with an egg placed in the middle. The crust was light, thin and crispy and tasted great. All the mains were wonderful as well. The only negative is a limited wine list.Special Features:
- Two, 5-Star Chefs in One House!GetdeadDined on 4/24/2014Both these chefs trained under Reed Hearon & work so well together. One is the owner with no investors so the two are free to express themselves fully. The GM is top notch so expect the best from his staff. The patio is a real treat!Special Features: