Fattoria E Mare
1095 Rollins Road
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fattoria E Mare
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://fattoriaemare.com/
- Phone: 6503424922x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday-Sunday Brunch AL Fresco 11:30- 3:00 pm
Monday-Friday Lunch Al Fresco 11:30- 3:00 pm
Dinner Every day
Sunday-Thursday 5:00- 10:00 pm
Friday- Saturday 5:00-10:00 pm
Happy Hours Everyday Lounge Opens 4:00-6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Pablo Estrada
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: upon reqested
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Wednesday Throw Sunday from 7 10 pm
- Special Events: we offer Testing menus if interesting please Contact, our Especial event Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
cell 415 707 9783 or restaurant Direct line 650 342 4922
A word from Fattoria E Mare
Fattoria e Mare, a vibrant Bay Area Peninsula restaurant serving simply prepared new urban rustic food. Utilizing organic and sustainable ingredients sourced from local vendors. Prepared by Chef Pablo Estrada and his highly experienced team of chefs have created a menu inspired from food tours throughout the U.K., Europe and the Americas, showcasing the best that California has to offer. The menu will change often featuring ingredients at their peak, there will also be a daily changing four course menu, allowing the chef to feature some of his best dishes and the daily roast from the rotisserie. The menu will also have a wine pairing available to complement each course for an additional cost.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fattoria E Mare reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (26)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (11)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- EXCELLENT!JenniferVIPDined on 10/18/2014Seafood platter is excellent, we enjoyed it a lot.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2014After hearing good things about this restaurant and seeing it made the top new reataurants this summer on the peninsula I thought it was a good choice for our 30th anniversary. Not so. The reataurant was totally empty, stark atmosphere , and wierd music that didn't remotely give you an Italian feel. They brought out appetizer and salads at the same time. Our waiter had no clue about the wine list. For a $200 meal you'd think they'd train these waiters. The bright side was the food was good. Italian but with Asian influence. We were hoping for a go to spot in Burlingame but no such luck.
- Spacious restaurantcoffeenutDined on 9/21/2014It's 3.5 stars. The restaurant is spacious and open. Waiting staff is courteous. Save yourself $10 by getting the Cappellini with Clams and skip Seafood stew since these 2 dishes are almost identical. The difference is you get a fish steak in seafood stew (dry) and ink noodle in Cappelini (tasty).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise.KarlRDined on 9/19/2014A friend on Facebook posted how he really enjoyed this new restaurant. I drove by it a few times. Finally decided to try it when my sister came to visit. Read a review of the chef and his previous restaurants where he worked. All where some of the top rated restaurants. Our experience was fantastic. Every dish was amazing with a beautiful presentation and farm to table freshness. A great place to take friends and foodies to impress. I'm definitely going back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food with good serviceFooddummieDined on 9/6/2014had dinner here with living social voucher of $30 for $60. It was a super good deal. Food was decent. Service was excellent. The place is a little quieter than we thought on a Sat night. We had the peach brûlée as dessert. It's not bad but not too extraordinary. Next time will try the tripe choc mousse. The calamari sausage was very tasty as appetizer. We also had the lobster sauce pasta and the chicken entree which both are pretty decent. There very well better Italian restaurants out there but the price (even w/o the voucher) and the food quality is definitely a place that I will go back.Special Features:
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food, the presentation and the service were great; it was also reasonable priced for a dinner out. They have unique and wonderful items for the mature palate. If you're looking for a "spaghetti and meatball", over-portioned type place, this is not it. But if you want something special to savor, this is it! We'll definitely be going back!
- Excellent service! Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed a wonderful lunch at this restaurant and food not only the food to be wonderful but the service was impeccable. This is now my newest and favorite restaurant in the Bay Area!Special Features:
- Just a Great ValuejasontheslackerVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food is much better than the prices would suggest here. They are trying extremely hard and most of the dishes are hits, very few misses. Nice to have a great resto in the burbs available without months in advance reservations or a better than thou attitude. And the live music in the bar and the nice patio are a big plus. I hope they do well as it is a go to spot now.Special Features:
- Beautiful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014We checked out this new restaurant at the same location that has housed other restaurants in the past. This by far the most enjoyable dining experience for us. Excellent customer service. Our server was attentive and helpful. The host came by couple of times to check on things and the chef came out at the end of the meal to see if we were satisfied with all the food. Each plate was beautifully executed and presented and everyone's food came all at once. I tried the 4-course prix fixe dinner which I highly recommend. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Enjoyable dining experienceslumDined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit to Fattoria e Mare, and we look forward to dining there again. The food was very good; seafood was fresh and flavorful. The wait staff was very cordial and attentive.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchessjayVIPDined on 8/17/2014Fresh homemade biscuits yum yum Brioche French Toast Smoked Mussels next time dinner service was top notchSpecial Features:
- Okay for the peninsulaSFJohnVIPDined on 8/16/2014I cannot say anything bad about the food or the service; it was all very fine.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were very disappointed in this dinner as a whole. The food itself wasn't bad - in fact, the charcuterie appetizer and the grilled branzino were both excellent. However, there is a large disconnect between the food and the rest of the place. The service was rote and unpolished. The question we asked about the (terrible, uninspired) wine list was met with a blank stare, and no one was sent over to talk to us. We were told to "enjoy" at least 8 times, including when new cutlery was brought to the table. The windows next to our table were all opened to let in the evening breeze, which would have been delightful, if we weren't facing 101's very loud roar of traffic. The culinary aspirations far outweigh the overall experience.
- feedmewellfeedmewellDined on 8/16/2014Love the idea of the patio, but it needs some attention. Waiter forgets you're out there. Great appetizers, the pasta and pizza were just ok this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun2dineoutVIPDined on 8/12/2014Service was great. Everyone was attentive. Feathered steak was best item on our menu for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/9/2014I love that we have an SF style Italian restaurant "in the neighborhood". Creative and imaginative dishes! We'll definitely be back. I'll give it 4.5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014Great food, service was excellent, everyone very attentive..good wine by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rose99Dined on 8/7/2014I had the pasta with lobster sauce and crab .The taste was not balanced. Spice/sauce was off. My friend had the Fideua Tagliari and said there was too much sausage in it .It was not Italian more Mexican in my opinion. The wines were not good GI Sangiovese and Sauvignon Blanc. Maybe other wines are better! The desserts Tiramsu and gelato were great! . I would go back to try it again. Everyone was so nice .We need to give the a chance . Nice to have this place close to home! Of course Café Roma coffee is the best!!!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant in BurlingameSSFTravelDined on 8/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner there. This place is quite new and I hope people will give it a try!Special Features:
- WinenonymousVIPDined on 8/4/2014The Pasta is home made fresh and the bread was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food & Great Music!ChumVIPDined on 7/23/2014I don't typically write reviews, but the experience was so good, that I want to share...We met friends for dinner but had time to enjoy a cocktail at the bar beforehand. The bartender was great and happily accommodated my request for an "espresso martini", which wasn't something they normally serve. His Manhatten was spot on too! They had live music in the bar, which carried over to the restaurant at just the right level of sound. It was like dining at a Trattoria in Italy. The Tuna Tartar & Fig & Burrata Cheese Appetizers were amazing! Spectacular food and the desserts are made on-sight...Yum! The service was excellent and we never felt rushed. This is a great place for a group of friends, family or a romantic dinner for two!Special Features:
- Elegance on BurlingameSanCarlosGourmetDined on 7/22/2014This large restaurant has had many iterations. Modern decor, hushed atmosphere. Very attentive service. Plenty of menu choices. Wine list is varied and moderately priced. Only 3 months new. Few patrons. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spend with cautionHopefulVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was excellent & service was extremely professional, but prices were very high since all is al carte. Their version of Cesar salad was very good; salmon, chicken & pork belly were all good. The cost for corkage was EXTREMELY high. I hope they adjust things otherwise they will not be successful.Special Features:
- diningdelightDined on 7/19/2014Food was good but the portions were small. I left still hungry.Special Features:
- retiredteachersDined on 7/17/2014dinner was delicious but expensive for us. It would be a special occasion, and we only had water.Special Features:
- Great new find in BurlingamerekkerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Decided to give F&M a try, and came away very impressed! Food was creative and excellent, service was terrific, and we were there on a Friday evening and were treated to live music during our two hour dining experience. Friendly staff, nice wine list...all in all, a terrific addition to our dining alternatives in the Burlingame area.Special Features:
- very comfortableLeungVIPDined on 7/10/2014The restaurant is very goog for talking in groups, but not romantic enough because there is too much light.Special Features:
- luvvansVIPDined on 7/2/2014Bartender, Mark, very nice. Drinks too expensive. Their happy hour only included their own specialty drinks for $6.00 vs. $11. So, if you want your own favorite Manhattan or Martini, you pay $10., so there is no happy hour for you! Beto, our waiter, very nice, but, we had to request bread (focaccia). The "featherbone" steak very tasty, but expensive, served with spinach only. The salmon (served on a bed of beans & a tasty sauce) was very good, but could have been a larger portion for the price. Hope they make it, looks like they have a large investment in a nice space.
- KaysimulcasterVIPDined on 7/2/2014First time at this newer restaurant. The waiter, Manuel, was excellent. The new decor and ambiance was very nice. However, the food was a disappointment starting with my appetizer, the pork belly, which had not been cooked long enough and had way to much fat and no crispness that should come with good pork belly. Presentation of all the dishes was very good, but in general, the food wasn't quite what we had hoped
- JenjenDined on 6/28/2014Restaurant is still new and trying to find its niche. The food has both highs and lows. But the service from all of the staff more than make up the lows.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Service, Live Jazz!JessSDined on 6/27/2014My family and I dined here for the first time after purchasing a Groupon. The physical location is right off of HY 101 in Burlingame, so it is very convenient for business travelers or anyone looking for a lovely meal near the airport. As you walk in, there is an inviting-looking outdoor patio with gas heaters and a tiled fire pit. Inside, the layout is a bit odd- but the decor is tasteful and updated. From where we sat, we had an unobstructed view of the dining room and kitchen. The food here is exquisite and very well prepared. It's obviously a labor of love for the chef, who came to our table personally to make sure we were enjoying our meal. The Warm Pork Belly, Broiled Dry Aged Featherbone Steak, and Seafood Stew were standouts!Special Features:
- Great food in beautiful setting!luv2dineDined on 6/22/2014Heard about the new opening and was very satisfied with our dining experience. Food was very fresh and tasty - each plate had its own unique flavors and textures. We ordered tuna tartare, wagyu crudo, grilled octopus, pork belly and purple potato gnocchi with rabbit ragu - all delicious! The venue is set-up for lounging at the bar with drinks and food, relaxing outside on the patio, or table-seating in the dining area. Service is relaxed and friendly. Would recommend for a special evening or just popping over as your neighborhood favorite, there's something for everyone!Special Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the Fattoria E Mare reviews archive.
- PerfectDineDontEatDined on 6/22/2014Our goal was a private dining experience with eight friends, food that was really tasty and service to meet our desire to slow things down and enjoy the moment. It was perfect. We sat in a private dining room. We pre-ordered a custom 4-course tasting menu in advance to make things easy for all. Pizza, pastas, salads, meat and fish. They even printed 'our menu' to share. It was amazing. The kitchen was on point. Food arrived beautifully plated. Our friends passed one dish after another enjoying every delicious bite. We spent the better part of three hours in OUR private dining room. Pablo, Chef and Owner, knows how to do it right and I can't imagine a more enjoyable way to enjoy friends, food and a few bottles of wine. Bravo..Special Features:
- Delicious!LOULOUDined on 6/21/2014My friend and I dined here for Saturday brunch, and we enjoyed everything about our experience. The food was delicious, the staff were attentive and friendly, and the restaurant is quite beautiful. The patio was not open the day we were there, but it looks like it could be really lovely out there.Special Features:
- KokoVIPDined on 6/15/2014New restaurant with new staff - staff needs to be better trained to elevate the restaurant and match the menu pricing level. They are not working in a Macraroni Grill chain level. They are trying but not "polished" and hopefully that can happen soon to help the restaurant succeed.
- Fresh from the farm and the seaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2014Seasonal and very fresh ingredients are apparent in the menu offerings and on the plates. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014My experience was a nice surprise. I enjoyed the food - it was very tasty. I wish the menu had a few more options, but overall it was great. I like the outdoors area and I look forward to coming to the restaurant on an evening when they have the band playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will visit a second time...timetodineDined on 6/8/2014Quiet Sunday night been open a month. They still have several kinks to work out, and I hope they do as the food is tasty and owner/ servers are trying really hard to get things right. Ordered Charcuetrie plate, which was tasty except for the meat that was too spicy from sitting on the hot peppers and sauce. Enjoyed the selection and generous portion. Our table ordered little gem salad, and beet salad and both were tasty and fresh and flavorful and generous. Entrees ordered were pork chop,ahi tuna tartare,which were very good, and the steak. Unfortunately steak was barely warm, undercooked and fatty piece of meat. Also they need to get ingredients for dirty martini, didn't have them. Chocolate mousse was great, baked Alaska was not.
- snuffyVIPDined on 6/4/2014there was an error in the drink order, the food was "unusual" (purple gnocchi), the bread was the best thing, and the service was slow, although there were only a few diners at the time.
- New, tasty Italian restaurantdvnoneVIPDined on 5/31/2014If you want a warm, friendly, delicious Italian restaurant, then Fattoria E Mare in Burlingame is the place to go. The beet salad was delicious with the added touch of toasted quinoa. We also loved the mussels and the scallops. My only complaint was the ribeye steak. I did not care for the quality of the cut so they substituted my entree. The salmon was cooked to perfection. Looking forward to going again this month to hear the jazz music.Special Features: