63 Clinton St.
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fattacuckoo.com/
- Phone: 2123530570
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, 4:00pm - 6:00pm (small menu)
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Breakfast/Brunch: Satuday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, 4:00pm - 6:00pm (small menu) Saturday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm Sunday 11:00-4:00 pm *Dinner:* Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm Friday & Saturday: 6:00 pm - 12:00 am Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Fatta Cuckoo is closed on Mondays but we are available for clients to host private dinners or private parties on Mondays
- Private Party Contact: Leah or Quinn 2123530570
A word from Fatta Cuckoo
Fatta Cuckoo is a 36 seat Restauarant on the very vibrant and flavorful Clinton Street, on the Lower East Side. Leah Tinari and husband Martin Kirchoff opened Fatta Cuckoo in 2011. The kitchen is headed up by Chris Mitchell and all the desserts are made by Leah's mom, Janice Tinari. All of the produce is sourced at the local markets by the chef and owner the very same day it will be served on your plate! The restaurant's seasonal American menu, allows for the kitchen to be influenced by different cuisines and leaves room for many daily seasonal specials, some of which have been inspired by Tinari's family recipes. Please come dine with us and check out our new Fall Menus. Fatta Cuckoo has a wonderful brunch on the weekends with many savory brunch cocktails. The dinner menu is complemented by a nice wine list and a fabulous cocktail list by Christian Schaal. If you are looking to host a private chef's dinner with 15 to 30 plus we would be happy to accommodate you on a Monday night!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Fatta Cuckoo - Best Restaurants in Lower East Side ›
Fatta Cuckoo reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (15)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Left after five minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/20/2014Found three servers clustered by a bar and ignoring patrons. Asked three times to have earthquake music lowered to no avail. This is a tiny box and it was blasting. Only other couple left their table to be reseated at bar to obtain service. We wanted to eat here and tried to stay but were driven out by the noise.Special Features:
- Very disappointingMegastar69Dined on 9/5/2014Waited over 20 minutes for our drinks - we were a table if two!! It wS unbearably hot and our food ended up arriving before our drinks. Run by a group of amateurs! Total waste of time!
- bad servicethatguythatatethereDined on 8/31/2014location was pretty cool, it was decorated nice inside, but the service was horrible, everything took forever everyone seemed to forget our order and there were only two servers, it took half an hour to get our drinks and appetizers, while in the mean time we were asked if we wanted to see menus.....again.
- Service sucked...KatherineDined on 8/17/2014I went with four people and the place was packed, but Fatta Cuckoo is small so there are probably about 10 tables in the whole place. The waitress forgot about us multiple times and our orders were all missing something. She was just in the back hanging out eating. We had to keep calling her over for our drinks. The one thing I will say is the food was great, it's just a shame that we had to experience the terrible service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent as always. Food delicious, atmosphere funky and staff helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- tight squeeze but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/20/2014if you don't mind sitting on top of other people, this tiny little joint is worth visiting. They have a "drunch" special, 3 drinks and breakfast. The drinks are eclectic and delicious. I had little tacos, so yummy....Special Features:
- It's ok...KeeksDined on 7/12/2014The drunch was a pretty good deal, but the food was only ok, and the ambience & other guests were pretty meh.Special Features:
- ConfusedGrainzDined on 7/5/2014Went for the drunch, but was confused when they didn't open until 11. No need for reservations. We were the only people in the restaurant. The service was great and the food was good, but not anything to rave about.Special Features:
- The following 106 reviews are from the Fatta Cuckoo reviews archive.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Yes, we did the drunch and we were happy with it for the mot part. The Yeah Elvis! had one slice of bacon and three slices of banana and the fries had too much salt. So that was disappointing. And they they didn't take cards for brunch, we checked the website before we came and missed this so we had to give up what cash we had for very little tip. This was disappointing because we thought everyone was very nice.Special Features:
- Fried chix still the topsmissleonycVIPDined on 6/14/2014A lot of places do fried chicken but Fatta Cuckoo is still one of the best. And the house made hot sauce is perfection. We went this past Sat and I was sad to see that it wasn't terribly busy, so I hope they are doing ok.Special Features:
- Good food, awful serviceglutenfreenycDined on 6/7/2014Ordered standard items off the menu and watched as people who came in after me and my friend got served first.... Ended up being a 45 minute wait at the table for tacos and frenh toast! Won't be going back, which is a bummer because the food was pretty good.Special Features:
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014It wasnt a good experience at all. We had a reservation at noon. They didn't have a table for us until about 12:45pm- the point of a reservation is so that we aren't waiting for 45 minutes. We went for the Drunch special. The drinks were weak and not so tasty. When we did get the food it wasn't that great and they messed up my order, but at that point I didnt feel like waiting any longer. It also was cash only, even though the reservation said that there was a max od 3 credit cards we could use, but when we asked the bartender she said that it is cash only for brunch. I think that should be something that is indicated on the confirmation message for the reservation as well as on the menus. Don't waste your time/money.
- DoyleDined on 5/21/2014Amazing place. Really great food. Hilariously named and seriously delicious drinks. Service was great - had a reservation for 3 that turned into a party of 7 and they accommodated us without a question. To boot, they have fantastic deals (e.g. 3 drinks and an entree for $40) that you can't beat. Will definitely be returning quite often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchRBNYCVIPDined on 5/11/2014In from out of town and heard about this restaurant. What a find. The brunch was great. Service was slow, but since it was Mother's Day, I did not mind.Special Features:
- Reheated foodJLK100VIPDined on 5/10/2014I love a good hole in the wall. This ain't it. Sad state of affairs.
- Not as good as it once wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014This place was excellent when it opened and it seems to have transitioned and gone a bit down hill. Now it's more like a bar with decent, hearty bar food. I wouldn't go back again -- the food is just bit above mediocre, the service was spotty and not too welcoming, and it's overall overpriced.Special Features:
- I think this is my new favoriteMares1981Dined on 3/28/2014I think this is my new favorite restaurant in LES. I went last night with a friend for dinner. Before my friend arrived I sat at the bar and met some of the staff as well as the owner. I have to say all were so sweet and accommodating, basically they made you feel at home. As for the food it was excellent. My friend and I shared the calamari appetizer, so good. Then for the main course we both ordered the pork chop, probably one of the best pork chops I've had in the city. It was cooked perfectly, the vegetables were tasty and the presentation was just right. We didn't try the dessert because we had plans, but next time I'm there I'll make a point to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2014Good food, poor service. Servers sat at the bar drinking and not paying any attention to our party. Too many better restaurant out there with better food. No need to feel like we're bothering you. Enjoy your drink.Special Features:
- Fun for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2014The restaurant is small so if you're going for brunch, best to go with no more than five people. Their "drunch" includes three drinks and an entree. The corn fritters for brunch are extremely tastey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 'drunch' deal and fun placedawnDined on 2/23/2014Turned out to be a perfect brunch for a group of 4 girls. Three good cocktails and an entree for $25 was a great deal! Three of us had the Marty, short ribs on English muffin topped with a fried egg. Not amazing flavors, but pretty good. Delicious fresh cut fries on the side! Cute hole in the wall which opens onto the street when weather is warm. No long waits which is great!Special Features:
- perfectacw727Dined on 1/25/2014excellent cocktails and varied cocktail list, delicious food, lovely servers, charming space.Special Features:
- Yum TimepocketasianDined on 1/19/2014NYC has a ton of brunch places and some will definitely be a disappointment. Fatta Cuckoo however is not one of those. The place may be small and if you're looking for a quiet brunch to nurse that bangin hangover from last night, it might not be ideal but the food is great and the service is awesome. The fact that their boozy brunch (1 entree + 3 drinks for either $25 or $30) is dubbed Drunch doesn't hurt the appeal either.Special Features:
- Fun place for drunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Went here twice, first time was awesome! Came with a biggish group, the tacos were delicious, drinks decently strong, service was great. The second time I came with my cousin, we were sort of rushed out because they had a large party coming in. But i'm grateful they let us have a quick drunch anyway!Special Features:
- Great service! Went on NewSpookyJVIPDined on 12/31/2013Great service! Went on New Year's Eve. Small space, leads to very energetic atmosphere. Friendly waiters, who kept us entertained while we waited for our food - slow, given the busy night. Simple, elegant menu. I went for the pork chops with sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts - would order again. My friend highly recommended his friend chicken. And to start things off, make sure to order the calamari. Overall, a quaint little gem in LES, great to check out before hitting the bars on Delancey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for group dinner on aOneOfEachDined on 12/27/2013Went for group dinner on a weekend night. Quiet ambiance. App's: mussels, meatballs, buratta. Meatballs were the clear favorite: they were tender, flavorful and in amazing sauce. Mussels and buratta were good but not terrific. Entrees: fried chicken, pork chop, trout. Chicken looked and smelled divine but were complete salt bombs. The exterior was nicely crisp and non-oily. Both white and dark meat were super juicy, but were shockingly inedibly salty. Pork was the favorite. Dessert: Key lime pie, coconut custard pie, chocolate flourless cake. Key lime very good-creamy, lightly sweet and tart. Chocolate cake was heavy, lacked flavor and richness. Service was slow and forgot orders. Pls improve ventilation-we went home reeking of frying oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Drunch EverQueenoftheFoodAgeDined on 12/7/2013One word: Drunch. So simple in theory, yet this is one of the few places that actually get it right. Highly recommend The Marty, it was on point. They were also really helpful in catering to my friend who's vegan, so this is a great place to take people with weird dietary restrictions, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why brunch when you can drunch?RockynDined on 11/30/2013Fatta Cuckoo was delicious! You can buy delicious dishes like fried chicken, a creation called the "Yeah Elvis" (pb & j sandwich between two waffles) or an egg sandi a la carte or go full Monty and get the drunch which includes three cocktails. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2013The food was delicious. Great combinations. Well prepared. Wish I could say the same about our waitress. Every time we needed something...whether it be to order or the check... She was no where to be found. She also got my order wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not coming backmaraDined on 11/3/2013This used to be such a great little restaurant, especially for brunch, but the food and service have definitely gone down hill. I had a reservation that wasn't acknowleged and ended up being seated at the bar/counter with my party. I was served mimosa in a lipstick stained glass and my french toast was cold. Our server ended up going on break the minute she gave us the check. She sat down next to us at the counter and ate her brunch, which looked way better than what we were served. We ended up waiting quite a long time for the other woman working to take our check and then were told that brunch was cash only- which it doesn't say anywhere on their website or menu- and it never has been before. Very disappointing!
- Good Local SpotRonnie212Dined on 10/13/2013Great local spot for Brunch or what they Call "DRUNCH". Couldn't beat the $25 deal for one brunch Entree and 3 mimosas! Food was delicious and simple! Server was super friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisyBrunchwithfriendsDined on 10/6/2013We found this restaurant to be ridiculously noisy and it took really detracted from the good food and lovely service we received. The table behind us were rude and annoying and the size and acoustics of the restaurant just could not accommodate this. I would not come back for fear this would happen again. I can have eggs on a Sunday somewhere else.Special Features:
- So much funlinz1404Dined on 9/28/2013Came here on Saturday for a friend's birthday brunch. The waitstaff was super friendly, drinks were very strong, and all around a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Deal and Great ServiceMIstressmaryDined on 9/22/2013I went to Fatta Cuckoo for Drunch with a friend and had such a nice time. It wasn't too crowded, so we were able to eat and drink leisurely. The Drunch deal is awesome and the food was flavorful and interesting. I didn't season anything! I would definitely recommend this tiny treasure of a restaurant for brunch, lunch, cocktails, and everything in between!Special Features:
- CuteKimmyGDined on 9/15/2013The staff was super friendly and the drink specials were very good for brunch. The food was good just not the best I have ever had. This is a nice place to stop if you are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting Comfort FoodNotAFoodieDined on 8/21/2013Place: Booth seating, Intimate and Friendly. Food: Grouper taco was delicious but spicy. Fried Chicken! Burger! Key Lime Pie on the house for no reason! So good. Comfort food. Great cocktails. Wait staff: Very friendly and attentive (but not overly).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drunch is a winnermissleonycVIPDined on 8/11/2013Drunch is great for friends in town or just an indulgent weekend. The fired chicken is some of the best in the city; the other brunch items are just ok. Do yourself a favor and just get the fried chicken and forget about it.Special Features:
- A great date spot with characterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2013Fatta Cuckoo is a small, romantic spot--don't get fooled by the few tables. The food was exceptional, especially the pork chop, which was also generously portioned. Zucchini from the owner's kitchen were phenomenal as a special, and service was very friendly, especially from the bartender, who was generous with the night's cocktail specials. A great gem tucked away on the Lower East Side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A*M*A*Z*I*N*G*!!!!!cameraspiceVIPDined on 7/13/2013We went on a Saturday morning for Drunch. The cocktails were great and the food even greater. Leah was a gem and made us feel so welcome. It was so good I want to book a flight back to New York just to have "Date Night" there!!!! Fatta Cuckoo will always be a place that we return to when we visit NYC...Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2013Went here for dinner on a hot Saturday night. While the food was excellent, the service was slow and the restaurant was extremely hot. There was no air conditioning which made the dining rather uncomfortable. However, the restaurant itself was original in concept and drinks were tasty as well.Special Features:
- Perfect fried chickenmissleonycVIPDined on 7/3/2013I am originally from the South, and this place knows how to fry some chicken. Perfectly crispy, yet juicy inside. And flavorful! I like this little place a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.