Fast Food Francais
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Fast Food Francais
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatf3.com/
- Phone: 4158879047
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday 11:30AM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Olivier Souvestre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We are available for private events from 20 to 150 people, inquire with the restaurant
A word from Fast Food Francais
American comfort food with a French twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Fast Food Francais - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
Fast Food Francais reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (25)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (15)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (4)notable wine list (4)romantic (1)Show More
- Food just not up to snuffSFRegularVIPDined on 9/26/2014Limited menu, food was ok, but not as good as their sister restaurant. Although we sat in the bar area, service was spotty. Will not repeat.Special Features:
- Get the SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014There are quite a few good places to eat in Southern marin, but we keep coming back to this spot for food that is fresh, inventive and a real delight for a light meal. I find that I keep ordering the ever changing special of the evening each time, most recently a beautifully prepared serving of Sole with a perfect sauce under and around, but not right on it, so you could actually decide how much sauce you wanted in a bite. The menu is diverse and humorous in presentation, and dining is delight. Do not expect midwest size portions though.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectBuckVIPDined on 9/14/2014We love coming to Fast Food Francais, and would not hesitate to return, my only complaint this time were the cold $7.00 fries, and buttermilk biscuits were close to being doorstops. I would have complained but the service was so slow I didn't bother. The other members of my party enjoyed their meal, but were dismayed by the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was coldmaryDined on 9/5/2014Our first servings of the ribs had to be sent back because they were cold. They brought some hot ones and it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food better than evercyssfVIPDined on 8/30/2014We've always liked their hamburgers and outstanding french fries, however, this time we had their heirloom tomato salad with fried green tomatoes/frisee/walnuts and it was terrific. We have just come back from a driving trip to Charleston and Savannah and FFF's version surpasses anything we had in the south. Wedge salad had ample hunks of the blue cheese, excellent bacon. Braised pork ribs with tomatoes and gigante white beans was excellent, as was the oriechette with cheese. All in all an excellent meal. I think this is one of my favorite restaurants in Sausalito which has mostly tourist traps along Bridgeway but Caledonia has Da Vito and FFF, both very good.Special Features:
- Very good, interesting foodLocalVIPDined on 8/10/2014Very good and interesting food. Reasonable prices, so very good value.Special Features:
- Reasonably priced for the quality.gg95492Dined on 8/1/2014Rather noisy for me and the food was excellent. But I would have liked to see a few classic french lunch additions vs the sandwich menu. .....probably will not return.Special Features:
- Great Place; So-So FoodEasyToPleaseDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant is perfect for Sausalito....upscale fast food....and fresh. Service is splendid. Wine pricing very reasonable The food was just "ok"....(chicken was not moist -- actually very dry) Fun and lively place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast Food FrancaisCloeDined on 7/25/2014My friend ordered a hamburger no cheese. It came with cheese. Instead of remaking it, they scraped it off and left remnants of it. She is allergic to cheese. They brought it back three times before they made her another! I ordered the summer salad, added salmon. Salmon was way overcooked and the salad was bla. Six little tator tots for $7! Crazy! Our server was very unprofessional. Would not return but the restaurant next door looked great.
- Monday nightKTK318VIPDined on 7/21/2014This Caledonia Street restaurant offers Tasty food with a French flair. The meals are small plates with ingredients from their back yard garden. Love the food & portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/20/2014It's easy, it's casual, the food is great, everyone is so VERY nice. and they take and then honor their reservations. I live in SF but often head across the bridge for a change of scenery... and their simple but tasty menu, great drinks as well. The menu isn't extensive, but what they offer is top notch. I am never stressed when I am in their care.Special Features:
- Good food but too loudgeorgePDined on 7/19/2014The food was very good but the noise level was very highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired ServiceVilledefranceDined on 7/15/2014Perhaps because we were there the day after Bastille Day (and I presume they had been busy) from start to finish the service was "tired". Long waits for everything seemed to be the norm. Since we like their other properties we will consider giving them another chance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was scrumptiousFalahlahDined on 7/14/2014Great service, too. Would have been nice to have a nod to Bastille Day. We went hoping to celebrate the French national holiday. They had a fantastic appetizer platter (more than enough for us two wee women) in honor of the World Cup. Okay. Maybe that's close enough for Le Jazz.Special Features:
- Food good, waitperson out to lunch!lckt13Dined on 7/14/2014We enjoyed our food but our waiter was either stoned or his mind was outside on his skateboard! We were never served water and when asking for bread he hesitated and replied well ill see if can drum some up!!!! Our bus boy was terrific! brought silver, water without asking and BREAD! He should have been the waiter and the waiter should be selling surfboards at Tam Junction! The table behind us also had trouble with the same waiter . Time for management to step up and review their staff! Also tons of kids whose parents thought they were at Chucky Cheese.Special Features:
- Great for brunchamirDined on 7/13/2014I was able to book a table for a Sunday brunch only a day before. Food and menu was great. They even have chickens running around in the back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable and goodFoodLoverVIPDined on 7/11/2014Took some friends from out of town here and everyone was happy with their selections. We tried several small plates and a couple of entries and all were tasty and very good. The potato soup was excellent and it came in a HUGE bowl so we all got a taste. The menu has items that you don't see in other restaurants which is a real bonus for us since we eat out at least 1-2 times a week. We will come back again.Special Features:
- Duck burgers! Who knew?draliVIPDined on 7/7/2014FFF has truly gourmet burgers including beef,duck pork and veggie as well as great fries soups and salads. Definitely worth a stop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchJohnVIPDined on 7/7/2014We had excellent food, and I will be back to watch the World Cup finals, but service was a downer. Our server clearly wanted to be elsewhere and it showed in his service. Unfortunate, because the food and ambiance were great, hopefully a one-off example of the waitstaff.Special Features:
- Love this place!priceymallfishDined on 7/3/2014I have been here a few times and I really like the relaxed feel. It's easy and you can always get a great table with great service. The menu has something for everyone - even picky eaters.Special Features:
- Saw Our Waiter Exactly Twice --OmnivoreVIPDined on 6/29/2014When ordering drinks, and then dropping off the check. After the drink order, we had to wait over 30 minutes and finally had to flag down another person (assistant waiter?) to order the main meal. All other times, the busboy came to drop off food and drinks. No one else came by and asked if we needed anything, if the food was good, or anything. The food is pricey for the simple fare it is (basically sandwiches and some small plates). The restaurant was not busy, maybe a little over half full, so the slow service was puzzling. I'll take a cue from the service, and won't be hurrying back here soon...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014I have never had a bad meal here and the staff is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J'adore F3OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/23/2014No Fuss, no muss Simple menu though far from boring, delicious food, great drinks. friendly and caring staff casual, but you can still make a reservation I often drive over from the city to enjoy it's care and ambience. Can be noisy inside if it's bustling.I often grab a curbside table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough good food in SausalitoEattooMuchVIPDined on 6/23/2014Brought a group for late lunch on a Monday and got great service even though we dropped in with 8 people. Nice service and decent food for a 4:00 p.m lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014Food was good but not great. Food presentation was sloppy. Took the server over 15 minutes to get to us and the place was not busy. The place smelled like beer, lots of little, messy kids. And the TV was on (visually) but no sound) upstairs. Won't go back.
- Wonderful Birthday Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2014What a great night out with friends for my birthday. The food was amazing, service was prompt, friendly and consistent. The ambiance was fun and lively...possibly too loud for me normally, but for this occasion it was perfect. I would definitely recommend F3 to a friend and return for the ribs and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cafe to dine at.bluebikeDined on 6/15/2014I thought that the food was good, albeit very simple and basic. The desserts that we ordered, i.e. ice cream sandwich and chocolate mousse were especially yummy. The service was great and the atmosphere very friendly. It was well attended and had a nice TV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not happydawgluvr108Dined on 6/14/2014Made advance reservations for a quiet table for privacy. When I arrived they seated me in frint of the big screen tv with the world cup game on. I asked twice for a table away from the tv and screaming kids. Specifically, I wanted a table by the front door near the windows but they said no. Service was rushed and not very personal or friendly.
- Great food, great energyThaxterVIPDined on 6/12/2014Love this place . Creative (and not overly sweet) cocktails and a menu that combines local ingredients with a great sense of humor. You've got to love a French Chef who makes a "L'Animal Style" burger. Go here now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No onions with my gimlet, please!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/11/2014I have eaten at 3F many times and have been happy with the experience. The service has always been fine. BUT, on June 11, I invited my foodie pal to dine with me at 3F. The night began with my pal getting cocktail onions on her GIMLET. Onions belong on a GIBSON, not a lime based Gimlet. She sent it back, I was embarrassed. I had suggested this place. The night went completely downhill after that with one serving disaster, after another. The waiter actually threw the bill on the table before my pal got her entree! We finally had the Manager intervene, he was wonderful, served my pal her entree, (my entree had come before my appetizer), and comped us the appetizers. Very unpleasant experience except for the Manager intervening.
- F3 Fast French bt UNFit for FoodiesFoodiemarinDined on 6/11/2014Both carmelized Brussel Sprouts and Squash Blossom appetizers sounded better than tasted. Both way too greasy; not refined. Main entree flank steak with Bernaise. Flank steak was so slobbered in thick heavy vapid sauce,You could barely find the few tiny pieces of it that were in there. Too bad, bc place is cute. If its trying to be upscale glorified bar food, fine. Myb mediocre tastes better over a beer or three!
- The following 168 reviews are from the Fast Food Francais reviews archive.
- F3KTK318VIPDined on 5/31/2014This Caledonia Street restaurant offers Delicious food in small plates at good prices. The garden is in view from the second floor window. Chickens and herbs fill the back area. Food is casual French with great dependable flavor at accessible price point. Street parking requires a stroll before and after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F3 is A++BeezLenzDined on 5/30/2014Owners of Le Garage, another Sausalito gem, opened this baby to our delight. We love the no frills fare that is a twist of French Bistro and American comfort food. We have gone here after a long race or when meeting with friends. We have never been disappointed. Don't think twice about it - go and have fun.Special Features:
- We found a keeperFrenchFunDined on 5/16/2014Enjoyed our meal. Brussel sprouts chips were not a winner - literally oily Brussels sprout leaves overcooked - but everything else was delicious. The cod and fried chicken sandwiches were winners. As expected of a French restaurant the deserts were excellent!! Service was friendly, efficient, responsive and low key. Just the way we like it. Ambiance is relaxed and has an 'all ages' appeal to the decor. We will go there again!Special Features:
- excellent foodKKEVDined on 5/14/2014One can rest assured that all menu items at F3 will be a good choice. I am ecspecialy found of their "fish on the rocks" and kale saiad.Special Features:
- Delicious!WineFoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Fantastic gourmet burger and onion rings. The service is a little casual, confused and redundant, we had four people come to our table offering to either take our order or to get us what we needed. Things seemed to slip between the cracks a bit, but we eventually received everything we requested. No complaints. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food. prepared well,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014great food. prepared well, fresh, a little something extra with the flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for what it offers;MeaterDined on 4/12/2014Pricey for what it offers; but interesting and good cuisine: not the best. but adequate (Fast-food French style).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointsRayJDined on 4/11/2014Another great night, great food as we took some friends who had never been. They loved it and we will be back soon. Food is excellent while laid back and the atmosphere is invigorating.Special Features:
- Not worth the waitMocmongoDined on 4/5/2014Noisy crowded. Actually deafening. Couldn't speak to the people I was with. The burger was good but you can get good burgers in a lot better places. Not going backSpecial Features: