331 Bloomfield Ave.
Montclair, NJ 07042Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fascinorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9732330350x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ryan DePersio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Fascino
Fascino, the brainchild of celebrity Chef Ryan DePersio and his family, is a study in modern Italian food, coined "Italian without borders." Ryan's unique approach is apparent, showcasing his years with world renowned chefs Jean Georges Vongrichten and David Bouley. Achieving a Zagat food rating of 26, it states, a "consistent" "favorite" for its "elegant", "innovative" interpretations of "traditional" dishes (and his mom's "alluring" desserts). Eleven years and going strong, Fascino has been renovated, completely redecorated with a fresh new look, and has a newly expanded menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Fascino - Best Restaurants in Montclair ›
Fascino reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (42)good for groups (17)hot spot (6)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- LindaVIPDined on 10/17/2014There are so many great restaurants in the area with better atmosphere and value for the dollar . This was my first experience with this restaurant but, I would most likely not return.
- Disappointing Service ExperienceBraggHouseVIPDined on 10/17/2014We requested first to split a cold app and then to split a warm app, instead, both brought together, disliked feeling rushed. One entrée had some not so perfect seafood - they comped this - but think the waiter would not have even noticed if we had not brought it to his attention. We dropped a big piece of food on floor (oops) and it just sat next to our table. Waiter not around to keep pouring wine. Manager and other service staff nice and attentive, and lamb and pasta were tasty, just expected better.
- Another Fabulous meal at FascinoBoomBoomK9Dined on 10/14/2014We have eaten here many times and the food and service are always outstanding. They are always welcoming and gracious. Put this on your bucket list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful menuBenjaminDined on 10/11/2014This place is great. The menu is outstanding, the staff is incredible, and the kitchen is unbelievable. There is absolute nothing bad on the menu. Fascinos is in my top five.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/8/2014Extremely Pleased: We had the tasting menu and it was fantastic. Excellent ServiceSpecial Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!EddieDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I went here for our 2 year wedding anniversary. The restaurant has a great atmosphere, very romantic but also perfect for a group get together. Some of the standouts from the meal were the Mascapone polenta fries with the gorgonzola fonduta, the herb and fontina potato croquettes, and the braised short rib with truffled mashed potatoes, swiss chard in a spiced demi-glace. I had called the restaurant earlier in the week to let them know this was an anniversary dinner,and when we ordered dessert the pastry chef had piped "happy 2 year anniversary" in chocolate on the plate. They also gave us a card congratulating us. It was a great experience and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great all around eveningGrt2eatDined on 10/4/2014Wife and I celebrated a mutual anniversary with another couple and place was fantastic from food which had original delicious dishes to the outstanding service. They do the little things right and went out of there way to make our night special sending us complimentary champagne and dessert to share. Raving about your food and service to anyone that will listenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently SpectacularBess8VIPDined on 10/3/2014Time after time we have extraordinary meals with wonderful, warm and personal service. My husband and I were there Friday and had their special salmon tartare appetizer which was absolutely delicious and then the branzino wrapped in pancetta, which my husband said was the best fish he ever had. Fascino is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome pickbizzybasDined on 10/1/2014I'm definitely going back. Very pleasant , and the waiter made sure to take his time to tell you all of their specials, places to see andSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in MontclairdrialsemajDined on 10/1/2014Fascino is professional, welcoming, and delicious. The tasting menu is a great value and lets you sample just how good the chef is.Special Features:
- Avoid unless you have a ton of timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The food at Fascino is great and it used to be one of my favorite places in Montclair. However, waiting for two hours (no exaggeration) for dinner is trying even a saint's patience. Unless you're not hungry, are really patient and have a lot of wine to drink in the lulls, skip this place and go to a place that provides service. And just to be clear, it's not really the waitstaff but by the end they were getting rather upset at us being upset for not getting food.
- MotorcyclcleJimDined on 9/23/2014We attended for a 60th birthday. We are so happy we chose it. Food fantastic; BYOB convenient (bottle delivery right to table); other diners friendly; and chef very personable. It could not have been betterSpecial Features:
- Decent food but slooooow serviceSFioriDined on 9/19/2014The food was pretty good, but we waited 20 plus minutes between courses. I'm not sure if the kitchen intentionally spaces out the courses, but it had a negative effect on my overall experience.
- nice place!!!FascinoDined on 9/19/2014It was my husbands birthday and we went for dinner, he got the tasting menu. Dish after dish came and he raved about each one. He is super picky and never really likes anything so this is saying a lot!!!! I had these crazy amazing zeppolies served warm, OMG!!! The atmosphere is nice, dim lighting and modern decor. I would defianately go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Night!Brooks2014Dined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner on Saturday night, 9/13; while we've been here before, and love the restaurant, we'd invited friends to join us. They were as equally "wowed" as we always are. From the appetizers, entrees, to the desserts, our meals were just wonderful. The staff was attentive but not over powering and quietly removed plates and refilled glasses.Special Features:
- Its a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014I had occasion to celebrate my husband's birthday at Fascino. Food was terrific as was the service. It was a wonderful evening and I highly recommend Fascino.Special Features:
- Manhattan Dining in NJDoubleMagnumDined on 9/12/2014Place was awesome. Food was great. Service was very good as well. My only complain is that I wish the server would've been trained on how to decant aged wine. We saw people going in with fairly fancy bottles, so this took me by surprise. Hopefully he'll know next time because his personality more than made up for the slip.Special Features:
- What a find?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2014Loved it !..............................................................................................................................Special Features:
- The best in MontclaircajoVIPDined on 9/5/2014An outstanding dining experience. great food, ambiance, service and in a quiet environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!madeourdayDined on 9/3/2014I wanted to take my wife to someplace new for our anniversary and I found Fascino online. We had a magnificent time. Our server Tony was magnificent. The food was absolutely incredible. We haven't stopped talking about it since we left. We are definitely recommending it to everyone within earshot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undiminished QualityDecodinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014With Tony's perfect service and a revised but limited menu, Fascino remains among the best dinner choices in the Montclair area.Special Features:
- AwesomeNataliaHutDined on 8/29/2014Absolutely amazing! A great twist on old fashioned Italian. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still don't understand all the hypeSandyBVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is my third time dining at Fascino and I still don't understand all the hype for this restaurant. The ambiance is definitely upscale and the service was attentive without being overwhelming. BUT, I still don't understand all the accolades for the food. We enjoyed the polenta fries, an unusual take on the old fav. But the entrees were just so-so. My gnocchi arrived cool; not hot, not cold. The cavatelli was hard; not al dente, hard. The bronzino was good but the greens upon which it was plated were so salty that they were inedible. The halibut was the hit of the entrees. We live in an area in which great even extraordinary Italian food is everywhere, even the local "mom & pop" places. I gave Fascino three tries.Special Features:
- UnimpressedUnimpressedDined on 8/22/2014this place gets too many accolades. have no idea why as my fish lacked salt salt salt. it was so bland (and for a 39 dollar entree, it should have some seasoning). the waiter seemed in a rush and annoyed that we did not order any appetizers. i have no idea why anyone raves about this place. i'm just hoping i went on a completely off day.
- Great find in MontclairPrincipessaDined on 8/22/2014I googled restaurants in Montclair near the Wellmont Theater since we were seeing a show there and found Fascino. The restaurant is beautifully decorated. Even though we didn't realize it was a BYOB, our waiter told us if we selected a wine from their wine list, the liquor store nearby would deliver it to our table. What a nice amenity that was! We all had appetizers which were delicious and two of us had the gnocchi which was light and very tasty. My husband had ordered an appetizer portion of the cavatelli which was so good, he ordered a second. For dessert we all ordered a gelato and I appreciated being able to order one scoop at a reasonable $2. We will definitely be back. Thank you Google!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- truly a standoutSUPERIORDined on 8/21/2014inventive but without being pretentiously so and without being weird. food is cooked to perfection. the best prepared halibut I have had in my life. Wonderful and varied vegetarian options _ not just pasta but a full tasting menu with lots of options i am looking forward to my next visitSpecial Features:
- Great Food. Definitely will go backDinerRCDined on 8/20/2014I went here with my girlfriend for her birthday. Its BYOB and they have an affiliation with a local liquor store that will deliver right to your table. We had oysters, ravioli appetizer, and different fish entrees (she had halibut and I had some Australian fish filet), and blueberry pudding cake. We both thought everything was delicious. To be super critical, I probably wouldn't get the Australian fish again, not that it wasn't good, but it was a little bland and too herb like for me. The blueberry pudding cake was so good. Definitely will go backSpecial Features:
- Always a Pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014A BYOB with a twist: A nearby liquor store's menu of wines, including half-bottles, is offered -- and, lickety-split, the wine you've ordered arrives at your table! Everything is wonderful here: the food, most especially. The halibut was perfection, as was a blueberry bread pudding for dessert. Yummy! Service, in the person of Sandra, was friendly and professional. She and her colleagues attended to all our needs. Why do I go into the City, battling traffic, when Montclair's Fascino is just a heartbeat away?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprise in Montclair's rjerseyicecreamDined on 8/13/2014Celebrated our anniversary with a lovely dinner here. Dishes were unusual, absolutely delicious, and beautifully presented. Portion were ample. It's a BYOB, which is just fine since it allows me to drink whatever I chose to bring. Service was very good. Dining room is small and intimate. Look forward to dining here again,Special Features:
- Yummy yummy in the tummyMirDear1028Dined on 8/13/2014The best pasta I've ever had outside of Italy! Great service and lovely atmosphere. I'm going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Consistent OfferingsKathyVIPDined on 8/12/2014The Romaine Wedge is the best, but frankly, everything we try here is excellent. Homemade pasta with superb sauces, esp papperdelle with lamb ragout. The Peach Crostata is outstanding.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and service!Bess8VIPDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I discovered Fascino recently and have gone back as often as we can, often bringing friends. Everyone loves it! The only problem is choosing what to order because everything is so delicious I always want to order everything on the menu! When you add to the delicious food the wonderfully friendly and gracious staff it adds up to one of our all-time favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sing it's praises again??? okmaestromuffinVIPDined on 8/8/2014i love this restaurant - great food, great space. you can get your wine delivered to your table from the nearby liquor store. i love the gnocchi, and I love the pork chop. did I mention I love this place?Special Features:
- Disappointedleonardo68Dined on 8/7/2014It's been years since my last visit here. Just read the recent NJ monthly article which had Fascino as one of the best restaurants in the state. My friend and I shared the oysters and the cheese plate. The oysters were great. The cheeses were delicious but needed honey and/or chutney. The polenta fries had no flavor. My friend had the ricotta gnocchi which were surprisingly light but lacked flavor. My lamb shank was just ok. The desserts were incredibly good! We had the blueberry bread pudding and the zeppoles. We had a super nice waiter but he was waiting on every table in the entire restaurant. Runners and bussers lacked confidence. This in not what I expect at one of the best restaurants in the state.Special Features:
- sgh12Dined on 8/6/2014Fascino has absolutely wonderful food. The ambiance is relaxing and upscale. The service is excellent. I would highly recommend Fascino.Special Features:
- NorthJerseyFoodieDined on 8/4/2014Great restaurant, great service, very comfortable. Food choices were varied and everything we had was excellently prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had dinner here for the first time and found the food to be fantastic. But the level of service was very disappointing. Entrees took forever to come out, we spent the entire meal pouring our own wine because he service was so slow. And we we arrived for our reservation, we we're told quite abruptly that our table wasn't yet ready. Despite the fantastic food, I don't think we'll be dining there again. Too many other great options in Montclair to choose from.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Everything from the moment we sat down to the moment we left was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JennVIPDined on 7/25/2014While it is a bit pricey for a BYOB, the service and the food are so good, that it is worth every penny! Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Wine Pairing TastingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014Went for the wine-pairing tasting held July 24th. All courses were sooo good. The last course was the cheese course and I'm a huge cheese lover especially with food tastings. The cheeses that were selected were the best grouping I ever had. The gentleman speaking about the various wines was interesting and the wines themselves delicious. All staff were cordial. The chef as usual did a great job as he did for their 11th Anniversary tasting held last month. Thanks again for a great and memorable dinner.Special Features: