Farro Italian Restaurant
8230 So. Holly St
Centennial, CO 80122Neighborhood:
Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Farro Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.farrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (303) 694-5432
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Closed Monday Tuesday -Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM Friday & Saturday: 4:30 PM - 9:00PM Sunday: 4:30PM - 8:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Matthew Franklin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can custom create Farro's fabulous food for any occasion. From affordable pasta, salad and bread to a more elaborate menu, we cater to meet your needs at various price points.
- Private Party Facilities: Farro features a private dining room for your next family celebration, birthday, anniversary, office Christmas party or business meeting. We can accommodate anyone from an athletic team to an wedding party for a rehearsal dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Franklin 3036945432
A word from Farro Italian Restaurant
A casual, family friendly neighborhood Italian restaurant. Long time local chef Matthew Franklin creates rustic Italian flavors at affordable prices where he believes in charging for the food, not the plate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Farro Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree ›
Farro Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (45)kid-friendly (28)special occasion (28)good for groups (21)romantic (20)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Nice SurpriseBoomerDined on 11/21/2014What a great hidden gem in the neighborhood. Good was great are waiter had a personality!!! Nice wine choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/19/2014Loved our waiter and absolutely loved the food. Had a very nice time taking my friend there for her birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Food was great. Service was wonderful. Would recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014getting a little worn out, tired. needs refreshing all the way around.
- Good food good serviceJJMarDined on 11/1/2014Farro is a great little restarant with good food and great staff. Make sure you make a reservation because they are usually pretty busy especially in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very goodret3Dined on 10/31/2014Overall, the food is very good here. My only complaint is that the menu is much the same as it was the last time I went which was over a year ago. They seem to be enjoying a captive audience with so few good restaurants in the area they they are coasting.Special Features:
- not the usual good foodLuigiDined on 10/31/2014my wife ordered trout which was very good. I ordered rigatoni with sausage, tomato, and arugala which was not up to the usual level of food at this restaurant. It was a bowl of rigatoni with a very small amount of sausage , one scant piece of tomato, and a lot of arugula in a very bland broth. Next time I will go dack to my favorite Linguini with clams.Special Features:
- Will ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Some Friends of ours put us on to Farro's a few months ago. Since then we have been back three or four times and have always had good service and friendly staff. The food has been consistently good without being pretentious. The staff has been attentive without being interfering with our meal. Farro's deserves a chance from anyone looking for a pleasurable dining experience and a menu that is a little above the ordinary. It is without a doubt that we will return to to Farro'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farro is always great food!CindibDined on 10/24/2014And good service. We've been coming to Farro since Matt opened it and we've never had a bad meal. And it's casual and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistenteatoutalotVIPDined on 10/22/2014We've now eaten here so often that a review seems unnecessary but we love this spot. Great food, local folks, unpretentious, great staff. And the food is great and reasonable priced too!Special Features:
- emacfarlandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Our favorite restaurant in Highlands Ranch! Forget the chain restaurants that are overpriced and have the same poor quality food. Go to Farro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!DianaDined on 10/18/2014The food was good and the wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Glad it is in the neighborhood!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I dine here usually once a month. We have always been satisfied, both with the food and service and have recommended it to our friends (we frequently run into them while we are there!!) Really happy that it is in the neighborhood. We will continue to frequent!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureDaveVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great food in an unexpected shopping center setting. We always enjoy visiting here.Special Features:
- Wonderful restraintLg2italyDined on 10/11/2014Fantastic people, fantastic food, fantastic service, farro's is my go to place for Italian. I'm never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Not as Good as Last VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014Food has always been consistently good here, but service this visit was not up to par. Restaurant was very full, so service was very slow and we felt we were being a burden every time we asked the waitress for something. We will still definitely go back as it is one of favorite local places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always deliciousToffee2Dined on 10/5/2014never a disappointment. food is always very good! we have taken many friends and visiting family members to dinner here. casual and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!5kdsDined on 10/4/2014Wonderful birthday evening last weekend, the servers were awesome and the food great. My favorite is always the Seafood Farro and we all loved the sizzling shrimp. My daughter's Cat Tree birthday cake complete with stuffed catnip toys was served with a terrific sense of humor by the wait staff. Very classy on their part. Thank you all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!CoNative21Dined on 9/27/2014The food was delicious and the service was awesome. My wife and I ordered the specials which were reasonably priced. our waiter knew the menu inside and out and was able to recommend/explain menu items. The know-it-all rater below named "Open table diner since 2010" must be used to eating his 6 year old's kraft mac and cheese...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodInTheNeighborhoodDined on 9/27/2014Took some friends that are very fussy about restaurants and they loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy it here5kdsDined on 9/20/2014Definitely a neighborhood gem. We come up from Castle Rock for the food and the wonderful service. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great service, wine and foodMarkDined on 9/19/2014This was our first time and everything was exactly what we hoped. Quiet, great waiter (Marcino?), excellent wine choices, meatloaf was very good and the dessert an excellent finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FarrofoodskiDined on 9/7/2014Always a great meal and great service. The pork chop special was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemountaindnrDined on 9/5/2014I had a crying child with me when I came in, and our waitress was so kind. Great food, beautiful inside, loved our dinner here!Special Features:
- great foodToffee2Dined on 8/31/2014A friend turned us on to this neighborhood find. The food is always AMAZING and beautifully presented. We have never had anything that was only so-so. The service is fast and friendly. The atmosphere extremely casual. The owner is usually on the prowl stopping by tables and chatting for a moment. Nightly specials are always fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pig Fest -- not to be missedmsreDined on 8/31/2014What a treat to spend Labor Day Sunday eating roast pig. We wish that we had seen all 84 pounds of it when it emerged from the roaster. It was absolutely delicious, perfectly paired with white beans and aromatic salsa. Finishing with fresh peaches topped with burrata made a perfect holiday meal. Wines were delicious and so well priced that we had another glass after we finished the bottle. Our service, from the bus boy to the well informed server, was attentive and made us feel like we were in good hands. It was nice to see Farro so successful, and we wish we lived closer. We had a wonderful time. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceVVWDAWVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoy dining here because each entree is well prepared. There's always a nice twist to what could be a rather common recipe. I always start with the spinach salad and often order the Chicken Marsala. My husband likes the pork tenderloin. Even the two kinds of bread that they serve are tasty. The strip mall location and simple decor may not please everybody, but we keep coming back for the fantastic food.Special Features:
- KrissyDined on 8/30/2014What can I say, the food and service are always great. Have Never hada bad experience at Farro. Great neighborhood gem
- Fantastic!RicardoDined on 8/29/2014Farro has the best service of any restaurant I have been to in a very long time. The Calimari was the best I have ever tasted and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Lovely EveningeatoutalotVIPDined on 8/24/2014This is a great little neighborhood spot. Everything from "red sauce" Italian to more elevated and inspired items. Don't miss the seafood "Farro" or the Flat Iron sliced with gorgonzola butter. Excellent and reasonably priced selections! And the Yukon gold potatoes all nice and crispy, sliced in half which are worthy of a meal on their own. Great, friendly service where they recall your favorites and recognize you as family after only a visit or two.Special Features:
- Inexpensive Consistent Italian FoodFoodieJanVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been going to Farro since they opened. If you go on the weekend make a reservation to avoid a wait. Matthew has quite a few regular customers including our family. We each have our favorite appetizers that are meant to be shared but I usually take mine to go and reheat it the next day for lunch because I love the eggplant & portabella fries with spicy marinara. (Reheats well on a stone in the oven.) My husband and daughter like the firecracker shrimp and my son orders the mussels. For entrees Matthew often has specials, including fresh fish. There are many items on the menu that we enjoy but his specials are always very good as well. He creates different things based on availability (fish, lamb, etc.)Special Features:
- Tried Something NewwgwghwVIPDined on 8/22/2014Tried the specials - roasted cauliflower salad and sole. Another outstanding meal. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EveningSchFoodGroupDined on 8/22/2014Fun evening and great special dishes. Wait staff was fun, lively and entertaining. 3 out of 4 meals were exceptional. The Salmon - not so much. But everything else was just great. Great wine, food, friends and helpful fun staff - what else could we ask for....thank you!Special Features:
- Worth the tripLudlowDined on 8/22/2014We arrived on a busy Friday night and were seated immediately. Impressed with menu choiices. Wait staff seemed a little overloaded but the manager stepped in to help. Food and presentation were very good. A little noisy, but we'll be back.Special Features:
- A taste of ItalyFly4FunDined on 8/21/2014We were told to try this restaurant and we were so greatful for the recommendation . Food reminded me of being back in Italy. Mark are server was Great and he choose a great popular wine for us. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014I can not believe the people of Colorado, why would you line up for food my six year old could cook.
- A favoritehgptDined on 8/17/2014Farro is a favorite neighborhood spot.. Always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening5kdsDined on 8/16/2014The service was wonderful, everyone made us feel very welcome. Our food was quite good, I loved the salmon with capers and spinach risotto. We also really enjoyed the sizzling shrimp appetizer, it was awesome!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Restaurant!RobertDined on 8/15/2014This was our second visit to this neighborhood gem! Delicious, healthy food prepared fresh. Friendly wait staff and attentive owner/chef. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonKDined on 8/14/2014We were in from out of town and found it on open table. A great meal at a reasonable price with excellent service.Special Features: