Farro Italian Restaurant
8230 So. Holly St
Centennial, CO 80122Neighborhood:
Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree / Parker
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Farro Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.farrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3036945432
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Closed Monday Tuesday -Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM Friday & Saturday: 4:30 PM - 9:00PM Sunday: 4:30PM - 8:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Matthew Franklin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can custom create Farro's fabulous food for any occasion. From affordable pasta, salad and bread to a more elaborate menu, we cater to meet your needs at various price points.
- Private Party Facilities: Farro features a private dining room for your next family celebration, birthday, anniversary, office Christmas party or business meeting. We can accommodate anyone from an athletic team to an wedding party for a rehearsal dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Franklin 3036945432
A word from Farro Italian Restaurant
A casual, family friendly neighborhood Italian restaurant. Long time local chef Matthew Franklin creates rustic Italian flavors at affordable prices where he believes in charging for the food, not the plate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Farro Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree / Parker ›
Farro Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (34)good for groups (26)kid-friendly (24)romantic (14)notable wine list (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Dining ExperienceVVWDAWVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoy dining here because each entree is well prepared. There's always a nice twist to what could be a rather common recipe. I always start with the spinach salad and often order the Chicken Marsala. My husband likes the pork tenderloin. Even the two kinds of bread that they serve are tasty. The strip mall location and simple decor may not please everybody, but we keep coming back for the fantastic food.Special Features:
- Another Lovely EveningeatoutalotVIPDined on 8/24/2014This is a great little neighborhood spot. Everything from "red sauce" Italian to more elevated and inspired items. Don't miss the seafood "Farro" or the Flat Iron sliced with gorgonzola butter. Excellent and reasonably priced selections! And the Yukon gold potatoes all nice and crispy, sliced in half which are worthy of a meal on their own. Great, friendly service where they recall your favorites and recognize you as family after only a visit or two.Special Features:
- Inexpensive Consistent Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been going to Farro since they opened. If you go on the weekend make a reservation to avoid a wait. Matthew has quite a few regular customers including our family. We each have our favorite appetizers that are meant to be shared but I usually take mine to go and reheat it the next day for lunch because I love the eggplant & portabella fries with spicy marinara. (Reheats well on a stone in the oven.) My husband and daughter like the firecracker shrimp and my son orders the mussels. For entrees Matthew often has specials, including fresh fish. There are many items on the menu that we enjoy but his specials are always very good as well. He creates different things based on availability (fish, lamb, etc.)Special Features:
- Tried Something NewwgwghwVIPDined on 8/22/2014Tried the specials - roasted cauliflower salad and sole. Another outstanding meal. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EveningSchFoodGroupDined on 8/22/2014Fun evening and great special dishes. Wait staff was fun, lively and entertaining. 3 out of 4 meals were exceptional. The Salmon - not so much. But everything else was just great. Great wine, food, friends and helpful fun staff - what else could we ask for....thank you!Special Features:
- Worth the tripLudlowDined on 8/22/2014We arrived on a busy Friday night and were seated immediately. Impressed with menu choiices. Wait staff seemed a little overloaded but the manager stepped in to help. Food and presentation were very good. A little noisy, but we'll be back.Special Features:
- A taste of ItalyFly4FunDined on 8/21/2014We were told to try this restaurant and we were so greatful for the recommendation . Food reminded me of being back in Italy. Mark are server was Great and he choose a great popular wine for us. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014I can not believe the people of Colorado, why would you line up for food my six year old could cook.
- A favoritehgptDined on 8/17/2014Farro is a favorite neighborhood spot.. Always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening5kdsDined on 8/16/2014The service was wonderful, everyone made us feel very welcome. Our food was quite good, I loved the salmon with capers and spinach risotto. We also really enjoyed the sizzling shrimp appetizer, it was awesome!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Restaurant!RobertDined on 8/15/2014This was our second visit to this neighborhood gem! Delicious, healthy food prepared fresh. Friendly wait staff and attentive owner/chef. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonKDined on 8/14/2014We were in from out of town and found it on open table. A great meal at a reasonable price with excellent service.Special Features:
- Extremely enjoyable experienceneighborhoodfoodieDined on 8/12/2014Farro has been a great addition to our neighborhood and we are extremely fortunate to have a chef of Matt Franklin's caliber here. The service is excellent and attentive and accommodating. Recently we were there with another couple and we did take more time than usual before we ordered our meals and the server was patient and willing to let us take our time that evening. I had a prosciutto-wrapped shrimp appetizer on a bed of greens that was excellent and ordered the Chicken Marsala which was also excellent with a very tasty and well-balanced sauce. I have ordered over half the dishes on the menu and have found them to all be well-prepared and very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Always good!SandydesignsDined on 8/8/2014Friendly, casual neighborhood place owned by outstanding Chef. Food is ALWAYS wonderful. Menu has some unusual dishes one would find in a much more expensive, fancier fine dining establishment.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Service was very good, food great and super quick the night we were there. Chief was out greeting people and following up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!konagirlDined on 8/1/2014We visit this restaurant several times a year. Food was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Always very goodnycvisitorVIPDined on 7/30/2014This is our go-to Italian restaurant. Near our house, so we don't need to go downtown. Food is always consistently good, not super, but a good value.Special Features:
- Do Go You'll like it.gdfdloverDined on 7/26/2014Great place, we eat there often (with and/or without friends) and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soo YummyFatDaddyVIPDined on 7/25/2014This place smells so great when you walk in... How can the food be bad? We love the food here. Flavor central.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAandADined on 7/23/2014We met friends here and had a group of six. The food arrived at our table hot and every selection was outstanding! The service was attentive, friendly and consistent all evening.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2014This place has never disappointed. The seafood spaghetti was incredible.Special Features:
- BlfinkeDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much and look forward to returning for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worldly BountyFlipFlopContessaDined on 7/18/2014Chef Franklin always creates mouth watering dishes that are using simple ingredients to make the entrée shine. The main reason it is one of our favorite places to dine and introduce friends and family.Special Features:
- Best RestaurantcrystalocaDined on 7/12/2014This was my first time at Farro's. The food was excellent and the decor was pretty and elegant. I had an Italian Margarita, it was one of the best I have ever had. There was a mix up with my order but it was quickly fixed and the meal was very good. The staff were gracious and attentive. I have already recommended this restaurant to several friends. I will definitely eat here again, it will now be my favorite Italian restaurant. And it is close to home which is also a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is delicious and consistent.GMomDined on 7/12/2014Best Italian food in area. Love the bread and dipping sauce! Service is amazing. Conveniently located and plenty of parking.Special Features:
- Our "go to" restaurantTravelerDined on 7/12/2014We stopped by Saturday night for another great dinner. My husband had his usual, Seafood Farro, with lots of shellfish and a delicious spicy broth. I had one of the $20.14 deals ... a great Caprese salad, pork loin with their fabulous creamy polenta, and a chocolate mousse (which I shared with my hubby). Everything was delicious as always. Service was great. We are so lucky to have this restaurant in our neighborhood!Special Features:
- Great Meal Well ServedHungryPlaygoerDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant was doing quite well on the Saturday we were there providing a vibrant atmosphere. Besides our friendly and efficient waiter, we were also served by others who brought the bread/water or checked on the table throughout the meal, providing an excellent level of service. The menu offered a variety of standard Italian fare and some unique twists as well as several daily specials. All the dishes we tried were well prepared and presented and were very tasty.Special Features:
- Neighborhood RestauranttonycDined on 7/11/2014This is the type of restaurant you want to go back to again and again. It is a neighborhood restaurant with neighborhood ambience. Ferro's draws a neighborhood crowd! Why?? Because the food is prepared by the owner/chef. The variety is very good. Everyone from any age and of any taste bud will find something to their liking. And the food is flavorful and comes out HOT!!!! The owner/ chef actually makes the rounds to make sure his customers are enjoying the food and the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant SpotDaveDined on 7/11/2014This is truly a neighborhood gem. From the owner, Mathew, on down to the bus people they are all friendly, courteous and make everyone feel special. Truly a must for those who want to have a good meal, no GREAT meal, relax and want to be treated as if they are specialSpecial Features:
- Continues to be GreatwgwghwVIPDined on 7/9/2014Another great meal - all 4 of us stuck to our favorites. Over the months, we've tried most items on the menu and never been disappointed. You simply cannot go wrong here. And, the wait staff is a pleasure to deal with.
- Awesome calamari!PhoenixDined on 7/9/2014I had the calamari for an appetizer and it was likely one of the best calamari dishes I have ever eaten - it was THAT good. I followed that with the sea bass which was delicious but I would have like just a tad more flavor; it was cooked perfectly. I had it served with the spinach risotto and that was the only part of the dish I though was just okay, not spectacular. I finished with a crème brulee that I thought was also very good. My server was attentive and friendly; I wanted for nothing. Also, although I didn’t taste it my companion claimed the seafood pasta to be outstanding. I’m not from the area but I visit quite often and the next time I do I’ll stop in here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciouseatoutalotVIPDined on 6/28/2014This little spot just gets better and better. Great, reasonably priced regular menu, slightly more expensive specials, but both are consistent and yummy. Not a fancy pants Italian, but neighborhood charm (despite the crummy strip mall) Enjoy.Special Features:
- Good menuhgptDined on 6/28/2014Good food with appetizing specials. good for kidsSpecial Features:
- Farro is FabulousGarlicqueenDined on 6/27/2014Farro is one of my favorite Denver area restaurants. Service is charming and professional and the food is outstanding. We always feel welcome and the chef often comes to the table to make sure we are happy with the food. The calamari is out of this world and the cheese, fig and arugula pizza is my favorite. This is our go-to place for a casual dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service/foodKarlDined on 6/27/2014My wife's dinner came out incorrect _ it was quickly fixed with attention from the owner/chef. When it came back out its was Delicious. Mistakes happen, it's how you correct them that matters, and Farro was top notch.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal and ExperienceReallyDined on 6/26/2014The specials shined--grilled romaine and grouper. Regular menu items we ordered were excellent, too--Sausage and Peppers and the Salmon. we loved everything at this warm and welcoming restaurant.Special Features:
- Hidden GemTleeDined on 6/24/2014We celebrated 2 birthdays over dinner. Superb wait-staff! Very attentative, gracious and friendly. Wonderful food- very creative pairings. Everything was very fresh and well prepared. I love this place!Special Features:
- Okay Birthday dinnerlikes2BpracticalDined on 6/20/2014Went there for my birthday and used the percentage off coupon. Great deal. I had the lamb. It was good but if I had not had the birthday coupon, it would have been way too expensive for what you got. it came with green beans and carrots. Several of the green beans were stringy and tough. My husband had the chilean sea bass. He really likes fish but said it was "pretty fishy". It must have been old or frozen. I think we should stick with the traditional italian dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly-recommended menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Was visiting from southern California and was recommended by a colleague who knows Chef Matt Franklin. Our server, Dayton, was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. Although the exterior is humble, the interior decor is quite tasteful. We enjoyed the selection of Italian wines. Best thing about this place is its menu. Four of us ordered different plates so that we could test-taste. Very impressed with the eggplant, chicken marsala, and sausage and polenta dishes. So glad that we showed off this restaurant to our hosts who drove us 30 minutes from their home for a dining adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good standby as alwaysdowntowndinerVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was great, service too! Busy but still top notch.Special Features: