Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
738 Main Street
Saint Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.longmeadowranch.com/
- Phone: 7079639181x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Barber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available. Please contact the Events department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 963-4555 ext 7210.
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday at the Outdoor Bar starting at 5:00pm
- Special Events: Weekly Traditions include:
Monday Family Night : Meatloaf - Comfort food and kid's specials
Tuesday Fried Chicken Night - Crispy fried chicken
Wednesday : Grass-Fed Lamb Night - LMR lamb specials
Friday Live Music - Starts at 5:00pm at the Outdoor Bar
Sunday Brunch - Starting at 11:00am
A word from Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch showcases the seasonal, ingredient driven American farmhouse cooking of Stephen Barber. The ingredients in the Farmstead kitchen are foraged from local sources and feature Long Meadow Ranch's all natural grass-fed beef, organic and sustainably produced eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, wine, grappa and honey - as well as ingredients from local artisan producers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
417 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (291)great for outdoor dining (263)good for groups (210)great for lunch (207)neighborhood gem (128)special occasion (127)notable wine list (119)hot spot (116)great for brunch (108)vibrant bar scene (91)kid-friendly (77)scenic view (70)romantic (61)late-night find (10)Show More
- Not greatNanciVIPDined on 10/27/2014Don't order the ribs (fatty) and drinks are expensive. Tomato soup was very good.
- FarmsteadwingjVIPDined on 10/27/2014This was our second visit, the first was just the two of us. We decided to try again for dinner to include our 5 out-of-town friends (from New York City) after a day wine tasting, and everyone in our entire party had a great experience! For sure, we plan to return on a Tuesday for their chicken special soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Example of Farm to TableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2014The gem here is not only the farm raised animals but also vegetables. Everything's fresh and expertly prepared.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This get-together among a circle-of-8-girlfriends was a birthday celebration. This was recommended by the only 1 who had been here before. The lunch went well beyond our expectation and even the řain was welcomed as a pleasant surprise due to the existing drought in CA. With 8 women in the crowd, it is expected to have 'special needs'; I'm sure we did not disappoint (iced tea with little ice, Diet Coke with lots of ice, water with no ice, we'look split a burger two ways and split a salad too, etc.) Our server Sam was able to handle it all flawlessly! So thank you for a great day well spent in the wine country. .. we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmstead Restaurant in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014It takes about 75 minutes to get there from San Francisco, but it's a pretty drive through wine country. We arrived at 11:35 for a 11:45 reservation and were seated at once. But it filled up rapidly and a reservation is probably essential to ensure you can dine soon after arriving. The four of us had 4 different meals, and all the food was superb. The service was very nice. We'll definitely make that trip again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef?ThomasVIPDined on 10/25/2014We have been dining at Farmstead since it opened and have always marveled at the taste that is coaxed out of every dish. Last Saturday we visited again but both entrees was under-seasoned and not up to the usual standard. Has there been a change in the kitchen staff?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We caught a very early dinner. Ended up eating outside on the patio and loved it. The food was fantastic.Special Features:
- My new favorite in napa valleyZrectDined on 10/24/2014Food was great , servers knowledgable. It's a great change from the Italian you find at most places in napaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 1st timeLorscotDined on 10/23/2014Our 1st time to farmstead was everything we had heard. Great decor and service and the farm fresh food was as advertised. Our only criticism is that they mainly serve their Long Meadow Ranch wines which are average at best. A minor issue considering the overall wonderful experience. Next time we just bring our own bottle as we noticed several other patrons did.Special Features:
- A Gem!LuvFoodDined on 10/22/2014The food was wonderful as was the setting and the service. We'll go again the next time we are in Napa Valley. It is a wonderful find!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alan rauchbergrauchbugsDined on 10/19/2014Food was very good. The only disappointment was not having any order of ribs available for our dinner reservation at 7:30 on a Sunday.Special Features:
- Amazing!LudaEatsDined on 10/19/2014So glad we got to eat here! The food was amazing. Fresh. Savory. Delicious. The waitstaff was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive for such a full seating. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Country MUSTsfdinerDined on 10/19/2014Oh so fabulous...where to start? We loved Farmstead for so many reasons. Great location (next door to Tra Vigne.) Great setting and ambiance. Impeccable and friendly service (thanks, Molly! You are the best.) Amazing, amazing food. We were blown away by how delicious everything was. Those cheese biscuits with honey butter are to DIE FOR. The crostini with burratta and roasted garlic was heavenly. Ribs, yummy. Crab and shrimp salad, fresh and delicious. Our Sangiovese was the perfect complement for it all. We enjoyed a lovely late Sunday afternoon lunch. It was a perfect experience top to bottom. Thanks, Farmstead! We shall return. Definitely.Special Features:
- Not Up To ExpectationsDissappointedDined on 10/18/2014Sadly, our experience at Farmstead fell way below our expectations. The ambience and service were pretty good, but the food we ate did not score big - fresh from the farm or not. The beat salad lacked something to make it special, and the lamb special looked very good, but was so tough it was returned (the staff and Manager made it right). The highlight of the food we ordered was the Tuscan bean soup (delcicious!) and the cheddar cheese biscuits (yum). Of course, after sharing our disappointing experience with others, we were told we should have tried the meatballs or the chicken. Maybe if there is a next time...
- TarynTarynDined on 10/18/2014the food and service is excellent! Everything I've had here has been great; as well as those I've gone with who also love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awesome atmosphereBlackrattusVIPDined on 10/17/2014Really fun and vibrant place with very tasty and filling food; one of our dishes was recommended by our server, but was pretty bland - otherwise fantastic. We typically order glasses of wine, because we like to try different things, and we did find their by the glass menu somewhat lacking. This is probably our main reason for putting this restaurant on the 'in reserve' list for reservations in the future.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchPennyDined on 10/17/2014From the moment we walked through the door, we were treated beautifully by the host a very charming man. Because I mentioned when I made the reservation that it was my husbands birthday we were seated in a spacious booth (not typically available). All I can report here about the food is that it was over-the-top. I had the cheeseburger (best I've ever had) and Mark ordered the St. Louis ribs which he reported was the best he's ever had and that's coming from a boy raised in Texas. Love the Farmstead and we'll be back!Special Features:
- Great Setting-Delicious FoodDMWLDined on 10/16/2014The ambience on the patio and within the restaurant are equally inviting. Food is fresh and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itazilfoodDined on 10/16/2014Farmstead is so delicious. Would go back for any meal. Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageSami146VIPDined on 10/15/2014We had high hopes with the place but we're quite disappointed by th food. The kale salad was burned with too little flavours other than burned cheese. The lamb was good, very nice meat and cooking, cooked with delicious spices. But the dish was overly salty. It really ruined the dish. You can try this place, but come with limited expectations then.Special Features:
- Inspired dishesflinosaurVIPDined on 10/13/2014Six of us dined together, so I got to try a lot. All of the dishes were absolutely delicious. I had the beet salad. The beets were still warm after being caramelized on the grill...easily the most delicious beets I've ever eaten. My friends enjoyed the kale salad, smoked ribs, burger and several of the side dishes. Everything was packed with flavor, presented beautifully, and felt quite healthy. The ambience was great. I'll definitely return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServicelunchingDined on 10/12/2014The food is beyond delicious. The service excellent. We had a 12:45 reservation and sat outside. The need to put an awning outside--the umbrellas do NOT do the job of shading the outdoor eating area. Indoors is way to noisy, but the food is over the top delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmstead BrunchVelentineDined on 10/12/2014We were very impressed with the brunch and separate lunch menus offered to us at the same time. The starters were fantastic. We had Monkey bread for the table. Best Monkey bread ever! Then we ordered the cheese biscuits (which are free if you check in on Yelp). They were great as well. Everyone got something different. The only complaint we had was that the ribs were overcooked. The manager came out and personally apologized and gave us another rack of ribs to take home and then took the original one off the bill! The service was outstanding! Every time we even hinted at needing something, someone was there to take care of it! Everyone was friendly and helpful! We had a great time and we will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent foodThelawVIPDined on 10/11/2014Fun spot with great good. Staff needs some work, uninformed about menu and rude hostess.Special Features:
- Great food, service and settingPatolsen2VIPDined on 10/11/2014We have been to Farmstead dozens of times since it's opening and it continues to be outstanding! The food is always good and hearty and exciting to foodies and non-foodies alike. The chili, brick chicken, and the ribs are fantastic. And they really know how to prepare rancho gordo heirloom beans so I always look for those in the set-up when considering my choice for the day. The desserts were especially tasty...the best beignets outside of New Orleans and a scharffenberger chocolate cream pie that just melts seductively in your mouth. This is the restaurant that we always take our of town guests to as their menu truly pleases everyone. Our visit this time was enhanced by the fabulous service from Anya!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner October 2014SubmarineCaptainDined on 10/11/2014The food was outstanding. The four of us had trout, pork chop, ribs and chicken. All equally wonderful. Nice that you can bring in your own wine for a $5 corkage fee. This was one of the major factors when choosing this restaurant for our weekend visit. Large dining room made it somewhat noisy but was manageable. Service was friendly. Food was prompt. Will make it a destination whenever in the Napa Valley and will recommend it to anyone going there.Special Features:
- Delightful end to a day of tastingFoodnwineDined on 10/10/2014What a great corkage fee concept! Perfect for wine-country. The food and service was superb. I would highly recommend this restaurant. I would love to try everything on the menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchWendyKDined on 10/10/2014Great food and wonderful service. One of our guests has a food allergy and they were very accommodating. I recommend reservations. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful first experienceWinendineVIPDined on 10/10/2014Four of us had lunch here and I must say, the food was fabulous. We started with the ham sandwiches which were overwhelmingly delicious. We had meatballs, grits, tomato soup, and burgers and pulled pork. All were wonderful. The only item that wasn't perfect was the margarita, which was touted as the "best in the valley" It was too light on the lime juice, and too heavy on the tequila. Our waitress, Molly, was friendly, and efficient. All in all, I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- FlowergirlDined on 10/9/2014We went at lunch time & the place was packed and noisy, but I would definitely go back. However, I would order differently. The servings were ample enough to share, so I'd look at the menu more collaboratively with my lunch mates if they were game....Everything we ordered looked delicious and nobody had a single complaint about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting VisitfranclyDined on 10/5/2014Farmstead always amazes, at first one is struck with the vibrancy of the surroundings, inside and out - lively outside bar scene that seems mostly of locals - inside buzz of people enjoying themselves. Food goes from strength to strength... if it is garden fresh time for something in particular it is on the plate. We came for lunch and stayed for the concert on the lawn.. a great day adventureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovingMerrymaryDined on 10/5/2014I have eaten at Farmstead several times. It gets better each time. We chose to eat at the bar; it was quieter in a very noisy place. LMR Sauvignon Blanc was delicious, fresh and crisp. The grilled artichoke rivaled Rutherford Grill's which has been our favorite. The beer selection was an education and went so well with my bbq ribs. The lamb sliders made from the home grown lambs were outstanding and tasted like lamb which isn't always the case anymore because the lovely taste of lamb is being bred out of lamb. The seasonal side dish of sliced, grilled squash was fantastic in looks and flavor. Can't wait to return for another delicious meal. The bartenders were excellent, too. We also enjoyed the outside jazz concert that afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousMW17588VIPDined on 10/4/2014Several friends recommended Farmstead and it didn't disappoint! The service was terrific, and our meal was outstanding. The burger was terrific, as was the tomato soup. We ordered the 'famous' cheddar biscuits to get things started - and while they weren't as fluffy or fabulous as others I've had, they were devoured quickly. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!dawnie85Dined on 10/4/2014We had a great lunch here! We each had a starter and entree. The cocktail of the day was definitely the ginger julep--we each had two. The food hits for us were the meatballs with tomato jam, the crab and shrimp Louie salad, and the burger. We really appreciated the valet parking on such a busy Saturday! The only miss was a couple times servers tried to bring us things we hadn't ordered, but it nay have green chalked up to how busy they were.Special Features:
- Great Kickoff to our Vacation!SkinFlickVIPDined on 10/3/2014We arrived in St. Helena on Friday last week and made our first stop at Farmstead. I've read a lot about the place and have been very excited to come here! It definitely delivered! The star of the night was my chili. Just simple, basic chili and I had to fight my dad for it. He kept grabbing it away until I just gave in. We ordered a bottle of wine from Long Meadow Ranch since that's where we were and had never tried it. It was very tasty! My partner had the ribs and they were incredible! Definitely the Star of the night. The only thing that made me give food 4 stars, was that my dad's pork chop was overcooked and dry, and my wagyu gnocchi dish was a little bit strange and heavy. We both still ate them of course!Special Features:
- JerzDined on 10/3/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Farmstead. Our server was friendly and helpful when selecting a wine to pare with our dinner. We loved the decor but found it a bit noisy...perhaps it was just that multiple groups were boisterous that night. The outdoor dining looked inviting.Special Features:
- Best Lunch in NapaTsheppVIPDined on 10/3/2014Outstanding food. Fresh from the farm next door to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RibsLuluDined on 10/3/2014Ribs were dried out. Noisey restaurant could barely hear the person on the other side of the table was hard to have a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better the second time aroundGrayRat58Dined on 10/1/2014Our first expirence at Farnstead was not a great one. They were out of the main courses we wanted, and service seemed to be a little off. All our friends kept telling this a great place to dine. So, we decided to give them a second chance, and we are very glad we did!Special Features:
- Outstanding Servicebruinfood11Dined on 10/1/2014It was my boyfriend's first time at Farmstead, and my first time for dinner. The service was as wonderful as my first experience. Our server was great, she expertly explained all of the specials and gave us a wonderful wine and dessert recommendation. We found the roasted beet salad to be delicious. Our entrees were good, but not perfect. My boyfriend's trout was tasty as was the vegetable accompaniment, though we felt the trout got a little lost under all of the vegetables. My lamb was good as were the potatoes and broccolini that accompanied it, and even though my lamb was overcooked, it was still tasty. For our dessert, we really loved the beignets, but felt the cheesecake was good, but just a little boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.