Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
738 Main Street
Saint Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.longmeadowranch.com/
- Phone: (707) 963-9181
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Barber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available. Please contact the Events department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 963-4555 ext 7210.
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday at the Outdoor Bar starting at 5:00pm
- Special Events: Weekly Traditions include:
Monday Family Night : Meatloaf - Comfort food and kid's specials
Tuesday Fried Chicken Night - Crispy fried chicken
Wednesday : Grass-Fed Lamb Night - LMR lamb specials
Friday Live Music - Starts at 5:00pm at the Outdoor Bar
Sunday Brunch - Starting at 11:00am
A word from Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch showcases the seasonal, ingredient driven American farmhouse cooking of Stephen Barber. The ingredients in the Farmstead kitchen are foraged from local sources and feature Long Meadow Ranch's all natural grass-fed beef, organic and sustainably produced eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, wine, grappa and honey - as well as ingredients from local artisan producers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
428 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (304)great for outdoor dining (264)good for groups (233)great for lunch (202)neighborhood gem (140)hot spot (140)special occasion (133)notable wine list (125)great for brunch (114)vibrant bar scene (98)kid-friendly (84)scenic view (65)romantic (62)late-night find (12)Show More
- Perfect for Lunch!jrsandiegoVIPDined on 11/22/2014Wonderful, open space with tasty food! Great for a late lunch after a mid-morning wine tasting. Excellent pulled pork sandwich! Love the cheddar biscuts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!DawnBDined on 11/22/2014We came with a group of friends for my 40th birthday while out wine tasting. Easily one of the best meals I've ever had. Delicious food, wonderful service. Loved the gnocchi with beef ragu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch experience!SandPDined on 11/22/2014Attractive decor and very good food. Try the cheddar biscuits with honey butter! We sat outside in the lovely courtyard. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table magicBefoodieVIPDined on 11/21/2014Two of us dined here late November-delicious smoked ribs and a burger for my burger-boy. Large portions! Great service, fresh excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding fried chicken...FoodJagVIPDined on 11/18/2014Really great fried chicken, the best in the valley for my money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite DelightfulKrisVIPDined on 11/18/2014This was my first visit to Farmstead, although I know the chef, Stephen Barber, from his other stints in the valley (most notably BarbersQ and Fish Story). The menu is quite delightful including numerous additions and combination. I did find the appetizers a tad expensive for what they are ($16 for four meatballs?), but overall, it's a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentSandy94901VIPDined on 11/17/2014We go to Farmstead 4-5 times a year. Our visit earlier this week was consistent with every other time we have been. Delicious food, amazing service and wonderful ambiance. We keep thinking we should try another spot for lunch in St. Helena but we just can't...we love Farmstead too much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!zucchinitimeDined on 11/15/2014Delicious, hearty food. We started with an excellent artichoke, and loved the ribs and a lamb special. DON'T MISS the chocolate pie. Of course, all of this was perfected by a well-crafted cocktail at the beginning and warm, attentive service throughout. If you enjoy red meat and wine, don't miss Farmstead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm-fresh and house-madesenfoodloverDined on 11/15/2014Melt in your mouth aged ham, burrata to die for. I want to come back and try everything. Don't miss the biscuits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Lunch during Wine TastingluvmyfoodDined on 11/14/2014Fresh seasonal menu. Could taste the difference in the quality organic ingredients. Especially loved the serrano ham appetizer. The sole and hamburger mains were also delicious. A perfect place for lunch during our wine tasting day in Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOscarDined on 11/12/2014Good food. Good service. They grow their own veggies Very enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must VisitMNtrvlrDined on 11/11/2014Farmstead was the best restaurant we visited in the area. The whole experience was fabulous. Nice building with plenty of room, Staff is friendly & knowledgeable. Relaxed atmosphere. If you're looking for a full, satisfying meal, look no further. Made this Midwesterner feel right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot after a day in the ValleyCalabasasGuyDined on 11/10/2014Really enjoyed our evening although the space felt a little more suited to groups of four or more. We were two and the setting was not exactly intimate. This should take nothing away from the food which was superb. The cheddar biscuits with prosciutto are OUT OF THIS WORLD. We had the meatloaf and gnocchi both of which were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!SwitchbackDined on 11/10/2014Farmstead has good food and great service. The chicken I ordered was cooked beautifully, juicy with crispy skin and served with cannelinni beans that had great flavor, a touch of mint and sauteed kale. Everyone else's dinner looked great and they finished it so I knew they enjoyed it. Your beet salad is way better than the one at Lucy, by the way. I always enjoy coming here even though it can be quite loud it makes for a 'big family' dinner type of atmosphere and the food never disappoints.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesMimiVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great food, atmosphere & service...casual spot. I am always amazed at the 'deliciousness' of the food!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014The foods was delicious. We had the short ribs off the specials that night. Amazingly tender with a delicious sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Have been here twice. Most of the food is good, cocktails are excellent. I would say about one out of every 3 dishes were just so-so--specifically ribs were tough, and the pork chop and biscuits and gravy were on the bland side--which is disappointing considering how much they cost. Service was great, even when we asked to send a dish back. Ambiance is nice with fresh-cut flowers and a farmhouse feel. A little noisy but not obnoxiously so.Special Features:
- Very tastySnoopyDined on 11/9/2014Our food was so good the flavors and the wonderful grass fed meat and the freshest veggies.A great food experiace.The service is first class,excellent.We will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014I would highly recommend Farmstead. It was probably our best dinner experience while we were in the Napa area. All four of us were thrilled with our entrees.Special Features:
- I'LL BE BACK!foodie4everVIPDined on 11/8/2014We were here to celebrate 2 of 4 guests milestone birthdays! The food is excellent from the ribs (fall of the bone), to the fresh oysters, meat board (pate melts in your mouth) & the excellent risotto. The risotto is the best I have ever had! The service is impeccable. The scene was vibrant; however, you can still talk to the people at your table. Only drawback - we came here at night & missed the turn to the road leading to the restaurant; hence, we had to doubleback. I will definitely be back when I'm in the area again!Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Loved this place! Great decor, nice outside bar even with a band on Friday night. Food was just amazing! Portions a bit large, but everything was fresh as can be and the chocolate cream pie, OMG OMG OMG. The BOMB!Special Features:
- DeliciousDavisDined on 11/6/2014Delicious "farm to table" food. Great open atmosphere. Fantastic wine. Knowledgeable wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa Vacationpartyo5Dined on 11/5/2014Delightful evening at Farmstead, excellent food and wine! Nice vib, great service!Special Features:
- Blown Away!YankeeJeffDined on 11/5/2014First time at Farmstead. Menu choices were fit for all. The service was wonderful and the food was absolutely amazing with more than ample portions for a more than fair price. The steak tartare (a huge favorite of mine) was some of the best I have ever had anywhere in the world! Our entire party was knocked out with the taste and quality of all the starters and entrees we ordered. We were so stuffed we could only take a light dessert which was their home made Meyer Lemon Sorbet.....perfect! I have been living in the Bay Area for 16 years and have eaten in some amazing restaurants throughout. Farmstead is minimally in the top 5 places we have dined at. Cannot wait to go back. I highly recommend to locals and visitors as a destination stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticNocorkagefeeDined on 11/3/2014We are Napa veterans and recommend Farmstead to newcomers, veterans and locals. Amazing food with a great atmosphere and a truly fantastic philosophy that informs the whole experience.Special Features:
- Reservation was worthless!NoeEaterDined on 11/1/2014We got there exactly at the time of our reservation and were told 10 minutes for an indoor table or we could take one outside (with heater) immediately. It was about 50 degrees out and one of our group had a cold so we opted to wait. After 20 minutes at bar, we went back to speak with the host. Still no table. This time, the host said that it could be up to another hour for an indoor table. WHAT?! And he said that others with reservations had been waiting up to 2 hours. This makes absolutely no sense! What's the point of a reservation? Very little friendliness or helpfulness from the host. So we opted to take an outdoor table. They struggled to get the heater going. Once they did, it was fine. We wore our jackets. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous farm fresh and picturesquehikers2Dined on 10/30/2014We enjoyed lunch to celebrate my friends birthday. We started with fresh Brattain, roasted garlic and mr olive oil. Rich and creamy and oh so good. I ordered the crab and shrimp Louie and the favors and freshness of the seafood delighted the palate. I am sure the hard boiled egg was gathered that day because it was so fresh. My friend had a sole entree that was served in a bowl of fingerling potatoes and verges. The presentation of our dishes was beautiful. The pumpkin ice cream is a winner as well as the lmr Chardonnay and the Grenache gri. The staff was friendly and atten titmice and paced the service just right. I imagine the weekends are very busy, however, for a Weekday outing it was relaxing and a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Couldn't be better!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/29/2014Outstanding food and service; fresh, creative, delicious, "beautiful" meal. We try to eat here every time we are in St. Helena or the Napa area. Kudos to the kitchen and staff for the always excellent experience at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placejschVIPDined on 10/28/2014delicious and fun!!! our server Sean was a delight as well.Special Features:
- Artichoke, Soups and RibsFinnDined on 10/28/2014Since moving to California, 32 years back, and learning to eat artichokes "on the stem" (rather than from a bottle), I have never enjoyed one as much as I did at this restaurant. We savored each leaf and "Mmmmmed" the heart quarters. The tomato-pepper soup was not less tasty, and the ribs were "to die for," in fact I am writing from Heaven at this moment. Go to the Farmstead and taste for your self. It is well worth the trip.Special Features:
- Fun eating experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Very nice resturaunts with nice outside seating. The sole was very good but the ribs were just okay.Special Features:
- Fresh!GFSueVIPDined on 10/28/2014I loved the whole experience at Farmstead. It was a gorgeous day to be eating outside. The food choices for a gluten free eater were many. The food was fresh and delicious. Lots of servers running around but ours was spread a little thin. Didn't ruin the experience though. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not greatNanciVIPDined on 10/27/2014Don't order the ribs (fatty) and drinks are expensive. Tomato soup was very good.
- FarmsteadwingjVIPDined on 10/27/2014This was our second visit, the first was just the two of us. We decided to try again for dinner to include our 5 out-of-town friends (from New York City) after a day wine tasting, and everyone in our entire party had a great experience! For sure, we plan to return on a Tuesday for their chicken special soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Example of Farm to TableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2014The gem here is not only the farm raised animals but also vegetables. Everything's fresh and expertly prepared.Special Features:
- CinchawashereDined on 10/25/2014This get-together among a circle-of-8-girlfriends was a birthday celebration. This was recommended by the only 1 who had been here before. The lunch went well beyond our expectation and even the řain was welcomed as a pleasant surprise due to the existing drought in CA. With 8 women in the crowd, it is expected to have 'special needs'; I'm sure we did not disappoint (iced tea with little ice, Diet Coke with lots of ice, water with no ice, we'look split a burger two ways and split a salad too, etc.) Our server Sam was able to handle it all flawlessly! So thank you for a great day well spent in the wine country. .. we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmstead Restaurant in NapalovepolentaDined on 10/25/2014It takes about 75 minutes to get there from San Francisco, but it's a pretty drive through wine country. We arrived at 11:35 for a 11:45 reservation and were seated at once. But it filled up rapidly and a reservation is probably essential to ensure you can dine soon after arriving. The four of us had 4 different meals, and all the food was superb. The service was very nice. We'll definitely make that trip again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef?ThomasVIPDined on 10/25/2014We have been dining at Farmstead since it opened and have always marveled at the taste that is coaxed out of every dish. Last Saturday we visited again but both entrees was under-seasoned and not up to the usual standard. Has there been a change in the kitchen staff?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We caught a very early dinner. Ended up eating outside on the patio and loved it. The food was fantastic.Special Features:
- My new favorite in napa valleyZrectDined on 10/24/2014Food was great , servers knowledgable. It's a great change from the Italian you find at most places in napaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.