Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
738 Main Street
Saint Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.longmeadowranch.com/farmstead-restaurant
- Phone: 7079639181x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Barber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available. Please contact the Events department at email@example.com or (707) 963-4555 ext 7210.
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday at the Outdoor Bar starting at 5:00pm
- Special Events: Weekly Traditions include:
Monday Family Night : Meatloaf - Comfort food and kid's specials
Tuesday Fried Chicken Night - Crispy fried chicken
Wednesday Nights : California Creole - Creole favorites
Friday Live Music - Starts at 5:00pm at the Outdoor Bar
Sunday Brunch - Rustic brunch starts at 11:00am
A word from Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch showcases the seasonal, ingredient driven American farmhouse cooking of Stephen Barber. The ingredients in the Farmstead kitchen are foraged from local sources and feature Long Meadow Ranch's all natural grass-fed beef, organic and sustainably produced eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, and honey - as well as ingredients from local artisan producers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
381 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (259)great for outdoor dining (246)great for lunch (194)good for groups (173)special occasion (130)notable wine list (114)neighborhood gem (114)great for brunch (96)hot spot (82)scenic view (78)romantic (74)vibrant bar scene (73)kid-friendly (72)late-night find (9)Show More
- Delicious Farm-to-TableSonomamanDined on 8/26/2014An experience beyond compare, the ambience is rustic to a t. The food is exquisite, and the service is phenomenal. I've been to The Farmstead a number of times, and each time the experience is better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was our second visit to Farmstead. Both times were amazing! The food is so fresh and cooked perfectly. We were all trying each other's plates. The service is outstanding. We will be making a regular habit of dining here!Special Features:
- delightful eveningMartyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had the best dinner once again. Sat outside with heaters and had the best server and the best food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From The Farm To The Table, Really!SanibelTomDined on 8/23/2014This high-energy locavore establishment continues to please. If we dine first with our eyes, the designers of Farmstead certainly got it right: old farm machinery, antique lights, a soaring barn-like structure and list of flowers create a stunning yet somehow comfortable ambience. Since it's usually very busy, the servers move at a pretty fast pace, but I've never felt rushed. The menu sources many ingredients from the Longmeadow Ranch property itself, many others from high-quality area farms. Dishes tend toward the creative and have inevitably been carefully prepared; not under-or-overseasoned and never overcooked. Grilled artichokes and the bricked chicken as well as beautiful salmon pleased on this visit. Very good wine list, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did Not DisappointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant was on my friend's "50 Before 50" list, so I took her there for lunch on her 49th b-day. Beautiful spot - lovely indoor and outdoor dining. Food was excellent, with the Farmstead-grown figs and peaches especially notable. The filet special was perfect. The least interesting thing we tried was the ribs - good, not great. Otherwise, worth the (high) price - 2 starters and 2 entrees, no alcohol - $104. Very nice experience with attentive staff. The only thing that would have made it better would have been an outstanding gluten free dessert (attention chefs - sorbets and ice creams are a cop-out!) Did not disappoint, I'll be back.Special Features:
- Amazing fresh ingredients!MamaCDined on 8/19/2014Out of all the restaurants we dined at in the valley this week, this was one of our favorites. The fresh ingredients and simple flavors were much better than the food we had at those over hyped big name places! My husband enjoyed his lamb sliders and I loved my heirloom tomatoes with burrata, pesto and purple basil. We also had a yummy arugula salad with fresh figs, blue cheese, almonds that was fabulous as well. Had to try the cheddar biscuits of course too- fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but service very poorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014We had dinner at the restaurant on Monday evening, August 20. I ordered wine which the server clearly forgot. When I asked a second time about it, it came with no apologies. Once our meals arrived, nobody asked about the meal. We had to wait at the end of the meal for anyone to check to see if we wanted dessert or coffee. Very poor service for the price paid. We went to Market the evening before and I would definitely recommend anyone interested in dinner in St. Helena to go to Market and not to Farmstead.
- dinner monday 8/18OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014service & vibe was excellent. the starters & apps were as well. The gnocchi was not good. Maybe b/c it was monday. I loved the music & the attire of the staff. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommendtravelbug821Dined on 8/18/2014Went there for dinner. Recommend: BBQ oysters, steak tar tar, St. Louis BBQ ribs, & pork chops Skip: cheddar biscuit or use your yelp check-in for a free order as you want to save your appetite for the main course The artichoke was average because it was kind of old thus not much meat on them. Otherwise, I typically love smoked/grilled artichokes. Like the farm to table concept. They have their own ranch where the beef comes from for their burgers & steak tar tar The food tastes great, but not blow your mind. I think that if you are in good company and relaxed, you'll enjoy the foodSpecial Features:
- FarmsteadwingjVIPDined on 8/18/2014After visiting a few wineries, a great place to stop and grab dinner before heading back to the city. It was our first time and for sure it will not be our last time. We look forward to sharing this great place with our New York City friends when they are here in October!Special Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Had the most amazing experience at our first time at Farmstead! Came in early and they were kindly able to seat us already. Had ham sandwich side, heirloom salad, burger and margaritas... Everything was perfect. Server could have been in a better mood but whatever! Thank you Farmstead! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant, fresh fooddhayesDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant itself was beautiful inside and out, the food was amazing and fresh and the wait staff was friendly. Would recommend on visit to St Helena. You can also bring your own bottle of wine that may have been purchased during winery visits for a $5 cork fee. It was romantic but could also be for larger parties. Beautiful grounds. Impressed.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Best farm to table.GeecarlenDined on 8/17/2014Fantastic experience to celebrate our adult son's birthday. I called that we were running late and got a pleasant reply with a fair warning of allowed time before our table/reservation shall be given up. Except for limited parking space, the whole experience was great. For first timers, we were not disappointed with service, thanks to our server Anya (sp?) who was quick and took the time to explain food on the menu and to the bubbly Filipino-American receptionist who cheerfully greeted us to jumpstart our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAFoodieNOLAFoodieDined on 8/16/2014We loved the fresh farm-to-table dining concept! The dishes were delicious & creatively prepared. We highly recommend the overall dining experience at Farmstead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!cmdrDined on 8/16/2014Our food was amazing! Great ambiance, great food, nice friendly staff- it was a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great casual diningMoosethecorgiDined on 8/16/2014very good food, convenient, but the parking situation is a bit lackingSpecial Features:
- LMR BurgerCristyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Best. Burger. Ever. I would fly back to Napa for another bite of their grassfed burger. It was the most tender, delicious bit of meat I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- MerempeGrammandDunnDined on 8/14/2014Farmstead is good down to earth type food. The oysters were good and the ham is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Always Great!JuliedDined on 8/14/2014We have been for 2 New Year's Eves, a family Birthday celebration, and many date nights. We love everything about it. Looking forward to next time.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceMickeyVIPDined on 8/13/2014Lovely surroundings with good food and good service. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- True farm to fork experienceLandParkfoodieDined on 8/12/2014Had another great lunch at Farmstead. The service was informed and attentive. We order multiple small plates and enjoyed every dish. The food is really special. What I find so great is that they are serving food made from the best and freshest ingredients in an inventive and playful menu. We had a nectarine with prosciutto and lemon ricotta that was delicious. I always love the potted pig appetizer and the cheese biscuits are "to die for". We split a charcuterie board and a grilled artichoke, both enjoyable. We left full and happy. Our waitress was helpful in recommendations and made sure we enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:
- Great Fresh food, great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Our group of 8 people were seated right away (we had reservations). All the different choices were excellent, from the food freshness to the presentation, and all tasted great! Highly recommend this restaurant over fancier and much more expansive options. This was much better than Mustard's in Yountville (which was also good, but...)Special Features:
- Farmstead Napa Valley dinnerCathyDined on 8/11/2014We made an Open Table reservation a few days before our trip to Napa. The dinner was excellent. Local wines, fresh locally grown vegetables, local beef and a nice menu variety. Food presentation was very nice, service was efficient, although our waiter was not very personable. The grilled stone fruit 1st course was amazing. The chocolate cream pie dessert was excellent too. We were all adults in our group so it didn't matter to us, but I would say that the restaurant is not geared toward families with small children.Special Features:
- Fantastic new fineninagDined on 8/11/2014New find in St Helena - different vibe and offerings than all of the other places in Napa. Even a happening outdoor bar scene on a Monday night (rare in Napa!)Special Features:
- Outstanding Eveningdineout70Dined on 8/10/2014What a great evening out with our 19 year old granddaughter. The beet salad was fantastic. The Leg of Lamb special was the best I've had in a long time. The atmosphere inside was alive and energetic. Outside it was spread out and intimate with couches and heaters, if needed. A great place for family or just two. We will be back.Special Features:
- KkbovkoonKbovDined on 8/9/2014Farmstead is wonderful! Before you ever walk in the door the aroma is fantastic. I was with a group of six & I'm pretty sure it was everyone's favorite resturaunt. Mac & cheese, ribs, flounder, pork chop, & burger was all great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreshJoanneDined on 8/9/2014Just had a lovely meal with family and friends at Farmstead. What a lovely way to end our day in the Napa Valley. Great wine tasting and topping it off with fresh, tasty and delicious food. The tomatoes and buratta were the best!!Special Features:
- Farm to table greatLovethebarnDined on 8/7/2014Good food and ambiance. Loved seeing the vegetable gardens. Our group had trout, pork chops and meatballs, all of these dishes were excellent. We were not offered bread and there were no steaks on the menu, which would have enhanced our experience.Special Features:
- CalistogansDined on 8/5/2014This was our 3rd visit to Farmstead Farmstead. We love the food and the fact that it is farm to table. We love the looks of the entire property. We are on the older side of your clientele and we prefer our dining experience to be calm and peaceful. The nature of new restaurants seems to be high energy. We will continue to dine at Farmstead, but wish it was not so noisy and high energy. The staff and food were both incredible!Special Features:
- Perfect end do a day in NapatkmsfDined on 8/3/2014I love bringing people to Farmstead after a day trip at Napa. They have great items on their menu that are well-priced. I like the ham sandwich appetizer that has pepper jelly to start. A friend of mine is a vegetarian and she got the macaroni and cheese that I believe is a side, but a good portion for a meal. They make their own condiments, it seems. The ketchup is not the regular heinz variety. I think small touches like that should be appreciated. The service was phenomenal again. We sat on the patio and a wasp flew into my sister's salad and our server was kind enough to replace it without question. Their wine list features many of the areas wines that you may have tasted earlier in the day. It's a great way to revisit what you tried.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2014Absolutely delicious !! Fabulous service and a wonderful experience !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PairingJohnnyPDined on 8/2/2014California's wine region so creatively blends the countless vineyards and winerys with a small town setting surrounded by a beautifully rural landscape. What better merger could you find in a restaurant than this elegantly rustic venue serving great locally grown food. Farmstead captures so much of what we love about the region in a single spot... a comfortable, casual atmosphere, open and engaging the rural feel of the area serving some fantastic food pulled right from their own farm. 'Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can you say fresh?GmanDined on 8/2/2014Everything seems to be just minutes out of the farm or garden. Meals were fresh, tasted great and explained in detail by servers that know what their doing. They had a large wedding party out on their lawn, other than the cheering as they were pronounced as a married couple you would have never known the ceremony was taking place. And we were outside. They seem to have it down very well on how to run a very nice establishment. Food and service were both 5 star plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlexitarianRimRock15VIPDined on 8/2/2014Taking a break from vegan. The smoked beef sandwich was disappointing more like pulled beef. As I live in Texas I was hoping for brisket it was too salty and not that appetising. The coleslaw was great as was the gnocchi and the veg risotto. They need to do a good grass fed dry aged steak for lunch. On previous flexitarian break I had the pulled pork sandwich which I highly recommend. Potted pig is too much LARD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchLuv2dineandwineDined on 8/2/2014Excellent food and service. We will return again next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Great Lunch Spot94574SGDined on 8/1/2014Farmstead is always a favorite of ours, especially to treat out of town guests. Everything was fresh and seasonal as usual. Unfortunately, the service was a bit off during our lunch and it took almost 15 minutes to get a drink order in.Special Features:
- Wonderful, fresh foodMomof3Dined on 8/1/2014We were in the Napa area for our anniversary and had made reservations based on online reviews. We absolutely loved the food! Walking the grounds after lunch was just a bonus. What a neat area and the idea that they go out in their backyard and get the food (organic) for their meals is so cool. I had the burger and it was the best I can remember in a long time. Thanks Farmstead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!JohnDined on 7/31/2014Very nice place to have dinner on the Napa tourist trail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still amazing !!!SecondTimeVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had dined at Farmstead several years ago on our last visit to Napa. It was AMAZING then and is even more amazing now! After booking my flights, reservations for dinner were made before even booking a hotel. I love this place that much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm FreshcheflavinskyDined on 7/29/2014I always have an enjoyable meal when dining a Farmstead. The fried chicken dinner is amazing! Don't pass up the chance to try the chef's special, Roasted Padron Peppers. These were mildly spicy with a light smokiness. Last but not least, don't forget to try the cheddar biscuits!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.