Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
738 Main Street
Saint Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.longmeadowranch.com/
- Phone: (707) 963-9181
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Barber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available. Please contact the Events department at email@example.com or (707) 963-4555 ext 7210.
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday at the Outdoor Bar starting at 5:00pm
- Special Events: Weekly Traditions include:
Monday Family Night : Meatloaf - Comfort food and kid's specials
Tuesday Fried Chicken Night - Crispy fried chicken
Wednesday : Grass-Fed Lamb Night - LMR lamb specials
Friday Live Music - Starts at 5:00pm at the Outdoor Bar
Sunday Brunch - Starting at 11:00am
A word from Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch showcases the seasonal, ingredient driven American farmhouse cooking of Stephen Barber. The ingredients in the Farmstead kitchen are foraged from local sources and feature Long Meadow Ranch's all natural grass-fed beef, organic and sustainably produced eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, wine, grappa and honey - as well as ingredients from local artisan producers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
428 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (304)great for outdoor dining (264)good for groups (233)great for lunch (202)neighborhood gem (140)hot spot (140)special occasion (133)notable wine list (125)great for brunch (114)vibrant bar scene (98)kid-friendly (84)scenic view (65)romantic (62)late-night find (12)Show More
- Ok. Better lunch place than dinner.LovefoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014The service was so slow this visit (my second) that I'm not sure if I will be back. The food is average for the wine country. Better for lunch than dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, delicious well prepared foodDaveVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food is always very good with incredibly fresh ingredients. Noise level in the evening inside can be a bit distracting. Salads are wonderful as is the bolegnese.Special Features:
- Great dinner with friendsHappyDinerVIPDined on 9/24/2014Excellent evening at Farmstead with guests from out of town. As usual, great food and high service level. Lamb night proved a great choice.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014May have been nicer with patio dining (they moved everyone in at 7 b/c of forecasted rain at midnight), but indoors it was deafening and sterile. Food was generic and typically St Helena pricy for nothing special. Wanted to like it but hated wasting a napa co meal here. Best part? $5 corkage...pretty cool.Special Features:
- Good FoodChele367Dined on 9/22/2014Even after reserving through Open Table and a verbal confirmation directly with Farmstead, front of house seemed surprised, like they were not aware a party of 7 was coming. Our server quickly stepped in, even accommodated a table change with ease. Most everyone at our table ordered the burger. Two of us had the crab and shrimp Louie which was fresh tasting. The salmon looked excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingRustyccVIPDined on 9/20/2014This place has a very cool vibe. Great outdoor spaces and the decor inside is gorgeous. The service was prompt and professional and the food was creative, fresh and beautifully presented. Can't wait for the chance to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!WillRunForFoodDined on 9/20/2014Loved, loved, loved this place! I have lived in Napa and Sonoma Counties for years, but this was the first time I had been here. Went for a lunch on a beautiful September day and it was absolutely wonderful. We were seated on the back patio, which was great, because the noise level inside was quite loud. Outside was relaxing and pretty, with great views of the rest of the property. The menu selection made it hard to choose, but everything we had was delicious. If you go, you HAVE to try the mini ham sandwiches on the cheddar biscuits...they are sooo good!! The $5 corkage is also amazing, such a treat compared to other restaurants in the Valley. Will definitely be going back!!Special Features:
- BusyMissKDined on 9/20/2014This is a busy place, but food is the best. The seating arrangement is not the best as it is "Family" style seating. Once in a whole you can find a place in the corner for a small party of 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014Amazing farm fresh lunch. We wish the bacon bloody mary was available during the week too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Great restaurant! Fun lively atmosphere! Great food! Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- SGNITROVIPDined on 9/18/2014Recommended by one of our hosts at a winery. We were not disappointed. Very helpful service with great food recommendations. Salad and appetizers were great. Nice variety of entrees. Cool, fun place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous farm fresh food!DianeVIPDined on 9/17/2014Incredible, delicious and super fresh food from their own farm. Creative menu and generous portions. Beautiful, bright, casual atmosphere and knowledable, friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spot for lunch!IloveVegasVIPDined on 9/16/2014Best menu mix for lunch - we have always loved everything we order. Some standouts include: the artichoke, meatballs, kale salad, mac-n-cheese and the pulled pork sandwich. Great outdoor seating. No corkage fee!Special Features:
- Fabulous Home CookingMomLovesFoodVIPDined on 9/15/2014We loved Farmstead! We were greeted right away, seated outside as requested & the service was wonderful. The food is just good, old fashioned, yumminess! It was tomato season & we both enjoyed a wonderful heirloom tomato salad along with their cheddar biscuits with honey butter that were to die for. We had a hard time selecting our main course but I settled on bacon wrapped meatloaf with bbq sauce & my husband had a grilled pork chop. We were both stuffed but couldn't stop it was so good - even having chocolate pie. Oh my goodness - can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Beautiful St. Helena RestaurantLindaHDined on 9/14/2014Service here was exceptional, as was the setting and ambiance. Great wine list in a place where great wine lists are expected. I really loved my server, wish I could remember his name. The inside set up was perfect, tables a perfect distance from each other. My large table of friends could converse easily. I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Spot in St. HelenaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014The food is always amazing at Farmstead. We are never disappointed and the freshness of the menu/wine list is a welcome site. Love the vibe, the menu, and the service.Special Features:
- A Food GemGEMESADined on 9/14/2014We were a group of 7 adults for dinner and starting with the appetizers and finishing with desserts and of course not forgetting the deliciuos entrees the whole experience was absolutely great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lovely venue & good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Superb food and atmosphere but book ahead at the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicecgbrennanVIPDined on 9/14/2014A wonderful find! We travel to this area often but had never eaten at this restaurant; we were lead by Open Table and good Yelp reviews. We were really quite blown away. I told our server, JP, that we were checking in on Yelp and he promptly brought our complimentary cheddar biscuits with honey butter (mouthwatering!). He then recommended a combo of appetizers we never would have put together but was awesome. We moved on to the LMR steak tartare and the Farmstead benedict, both of which were incredible and incredibly filling. This was one of the best brunches I have ever had, and we are looking forward to returning. Thanks, JP, for the great service!Special Features:
- Perfect!Neighborhoodiner1VIPDined on 9/14/2014Everything is fresh and local and it shows. The pork chop was perfectly carmelized and served on the best grits ever. The crab and shrimp louie was delicious and everything was generously sized. Have the cheddar biscuits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for casual brunch94574SGDined on 9/14/2014Had a great casual brunch outside with friends. Definitely come to eat, there are not many light options on the brunch menu! All was fantastic per usual.Special Features:
- A great eveningMightyKCDined on 9/13/2014Sat on the patio on a nice cool evening. Service was very good, and food was great...so many options for folks to choose from.Special Features:
- fantastic wine country placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014for folks looking for a lunch place that embodies (in my opinion) what CA wine country is all about with local farm to table (like literally you can look at the tomatoes being served in the garden) experience, classy but not uppity, friendly, and of course superbly cooked food and ingredients. We happened to go on a day there was a wedding reception later and got to view a split open whole lamb over an open fire being smoked. so cool!!Special Features:
- Fun4UsDined on 9/13/2014Fabulous food and service! Cocktails could use some improvements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomuchtravelVIPDined on 9/11/2014Enjoyable experience! Service and food were both very good. Very casual and laid back atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousJch831Dined on 9/11/2014Everything was wonderful. The brisket was the special and it was amazingly tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantRSFTravelerVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is the perfect place for a quick lunch. Try their delicious honey cheddar biscuits! We got the basil, burrata tomato salad and the beet salad for appetizers. The beet salad was good, but not remarkable. The tomato salad could not have been better. It was truly amazing. I was stuck on the phone changing some reservations and my wife ate almost half before I cut my conversation short to be sure I didn't miss out! Haha! For entrees, we got the potato gnocchi. The gnocchi was great but the ragu it was in was too sweet for our taste, so I'd just give that dish a 6 on a scale of one to ten. If you like sweet main dishes, you would probably love it. We also got the cheeseburger, and both it and the accompanying fries were fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The looks carry through....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/11/2014Farmstead's chic, clean & casual atmosphere makes you hope the food will be as good and it doesn't disappoint: great ambiance, good food, exceptional service.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday Lunchbruinfood11Dined on 9/11/2014My mom and I ate here for lunch to celebrate my birthday. We were really impressed that the manager sent out two glasses of Sauvignon Blanc for the occasion, although there was a little confusion on that, as we did not know about it and the server did not explain when she brought it. Overall, our lunch was wonderful. My mom's steak tartare was artfully presented and very delicious, as were sliders.Special Features:
- Fun but ok.LovefoodVIPDined on 9/10/2014This was my first time here. It is a homestyle, comfort food place with a gourmet touch. It was very good, but my dish of the gnocchi with beef ragu didn't wow me. There was barely any beef. It is a fun atmosphere and the bar looked fun outside. Although, it has a very loud noise level with the high ceilings. I would recommend it for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and disappointedHonestgourmetDined on 9/10/2014Nearly everything was very good. It's always annoying to end the meal by a mistake. Total was for $103. We told the server we wanted to split the bill (50/50). Our server came back with two bills, each one for $103... I said there was a mistake. Our server didn't say anything as if it was acceptable to make this kind of error and as if she didn't care. We left the place a bit disappointed as the food was really good. No excuse as you expect the staff and the management to be experienced whatever is the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendCB17Dined on 9/9/2014This was a fantastic restaurant. Excellent tasting and quality farm to fork food that wasn't overpriced. The ambiance was exquisite. The only complaint I have is that I didn't know about it until now. This restaurant is a must for anyone visiting Napa.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Excelent food and also the envirnomental. What I like the most is the concept of use local growers food and organic produce in theirs farms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantJessicaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Farmstead gets most of its food from its own operation - the beef, eggs, potatoes, produce (tomatoes were amazing), olive oil, etc. and of course wine. The food is really outstanding, and do try the burger, from cattle raised on the Longmeadow Ranch. So good! The only reason not to give it five stars this time was the flaw with outdoor patio seating. They don't have full coverage for shade between the panels that are supposed to serve as sunblocks, and as time went by we started getting hit directly by sun, which got very uncomfortable. One of us had to move to get out of the sun, and he was just getting overheated. So they need more complete protection in the patio from sun.Special Features:
- Perfect spot for Lunch or Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014Absolutely loved this place! Food and atmosphere was incredible! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- So glad I finally tried this place!catdancingDined on 9/7/2014Living in this valley, there are many choices for dining out and Farmstead is my new, most favorite place! Food is excellent quality, with a good variety of items to choose from and the kicker: reasonably priced! BONUS: parking in the area is challenging and impossible at the height of tourista season but they do offer complimentary valet parking! I LOVE this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014We love everything about Farmstead. The food is amazing, the service is great and I love walking around the grounds after lunch. I highly recommend the cheddar biscuuits and the fig salad. Also, stop at their farm stand and buy yourself some fresh figs to go. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Always a great time.WCFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have dined there numerous times and have always enjoyed it. Very friendly staff, great food, and nice ambience. Not your typical pretentious Napa Valley restaurant. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning delightHerm131Dined on 9/5/2014The resturant is energetic, alive and serves delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Farmstead will be a "must do" when returning for a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.