15 South 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.farmiciarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 627-6274
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
Saturday - Sunday: 8:30am - 10:00am
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
For reservations larger than 5 people, please contact FARMiCiA directly at 215 627-6274.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Klause
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: FARMiCiA Restaurant is available for all of your special event needs from Birthday Celebrations & Baby Showers, to Cocktail Parties & Business gatherings. The entire restaurant can accommodate 180 guests for standing events such as Cocktail Parties, and can be configured to your specifications for seated events for up to 120 guests. FARMiCiA’s Main Dining Room can accommodate up to 90 guests for standing events & up to 68 guests for seated gatherings. The FARM Bar area is available for smaller cocktail parties & can accommodate up to 40 guests. Located just beyond the FARM Bar is the LOFT at FARMiCiA which is graced by the large landscape painting by Conrad Nebeker. The semi-private area can accommodate up to 45 guests for a standing event. This area can also be arranged to your specifications for groups of up to 32 guests for seated events.
- Entertainment: Join us for Dinner Happy Hour Tuesday through Friday from 5 pm to 7pm and Brunch Happy Hour on Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 2 pm. All alcoholic beverages are offered at half the price, that includes draught beer, specialty cocktails, tonics, glasses of wine, etc. Pair a Barn Burner (FARMiCiA's own Bloody Mary) or a glass of champagne with your meal for half the price. What a great way to start the day and such a good deal!.
- Cross Street: Betwee Market & Chestnut
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Park your car in the Park America lot adjacent to the restaurant on 3rd Street, at the Bourse Garage located on 4th Street between Market & Chestnut Streets, or the AutoPark at Old City, which is located on 2nd Street between Chestnut & Walnut Streets. There is a smaller lot on N. 3rd – the other side of Market – between Market & Arch as well. Metered street parking is also available throughout Old City, but you might not want to waste your time looking for one!
A word from FARMiCiA
FARMiCiA is the conception of Kevin Klause, James Barrett & Wendy Smith Born (owners of Metropolitan Bakery), who share a vision of a restaurant that captures the pleasures of simply crafted food & excellent beverages served in a relaxed yet lively environment. The emphasis is on great tasting food & beverages crafted from local, organic & artisanal producers. Located in Philadelphia’s historic Old City, FARMiCiA is a 122-seat restaurant & bar serving breakfast, lunch, an afternoon meal, a relaxed dinner & even brunch on the weekends. While FARMiCiA boasts a full bar, guests are also allowed to BYO Wine to pair with our farm fresh fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FARMiCiA reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)neighborhood gem (104)great for brunch (82)good for groups (61)great for lunch (56)special occasion (37)romantic (32)great for outdoor dining (27)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (11)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- The food was "OK" but not great. Disappointing.PeyuneDined on 11/16/2014It is located close to the Ritz movie theatres so it is convenient.
- Overpriced for okay foodBonAppetitDined on 11/16/2014Went to Farmicia with high expectations. The meal was just okay, nothing was outstanding or particularly memorable. All of us, ranging in age from 16 to 53, felt it wasn't worth returning nor was it worth the price, most of all it doesn't compare to other favorites in the area. But it did offer a pleasant atmosphere. Most of our dishes felt heavier and much less healthier than anticipated; the onion soup was much thicker than expected (likely too much flour); butternut squash was okay, a little too sweet. Kale and beet salad was good but not much different than what could be found elsewhere. The duck was good, the chicken was okay, my dinner partner questioned if the crab and crab cakes were fresh. Desserts were interesting but not unusual. Several of us had digestive issues later. Overall, it was too rich and heavy a meal to match the expectation of clean, locally sourced farm food. That moniker apparently gives the ability to overcharge for undifferentiated food in heavy sauces.
- Sunday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/16/2014Excellent food and good service but as a very popular restaurant, it was quite noisy. In fact , we would not go there again on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A for FarmiciaTexRVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had to change our time of arrival and the person taking care of reservations made it an easy process. The three of us were offered a nice table and immediately greeted by a wonderful waiter. He made recommendations, took our refreshment order and allowed sufficient time to decide on our menu selections. Delicious apps and entrees and a special sorbet, fig, that was outta sight. We'll return. This was our seventh visit in the past two years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FarmaciaVegetariansFarmaciaDined on 11/13/2014The first time I went to Farmacia it was restaurant week and I was unimpressed, thought that I would give it another shot and made a reservation for 3 to catch up with friends. Farmacia is a great choice if you have any vegetarians in the group because they offer multiple vegetarian options. Most restaurants, offer 1 or 2 at most and Farmacia had more which my guests loved. We brought a bottle of wine and enjoyed our time. The waiter was very helpful and friendly. The ambiance was very nice not too quiet but we were easily able to talk at our table. My food was not the greatest, but the two people I was with loved their dinners. So all around enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting, fun, feels special, good serviceDon1Dined on 11/12/2014Range of food is great, always good with good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchsportcenter2381Dined on 11/9/2014Every time I visit Philadelphia I visit Farmacia. Love the brunch menu, very flavorful and the half off breakfast drinks from 11-2 on weekends really help me shake a hangover.Special Features:
- Really nice dinnerreservations4dinnerDined on 11/8/2014A restaurant with something for everyone. It was romantic if that is what you need and casual at the same time. There was a menu designed for omnivores and vegetarians alike with selections that were not just a by-the-way offering. There was a nice offering of mixed drinks and wine, however the draft beers were good choices, but nothing new. All in all a very, very nice place for dining.Special Features:
- Cozy Farm-to-Table SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Great food with a simple, clean atmosphere. Great spot for lunch!Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014Parents were in town visiting from NY and I wanted a good brunch spot close to their hotel with some local PA goods on the menu. Farmacia fit the bill - the food was excellent and fresh - wonderful fresh squeezed OJ and good coffee too. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a casual and tasty brunch. Sunday Brunch was crowded I was grateful to have reservations.Special Features:
- nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2014try the barley and sunchokes! I was skeptical, but I never heard of sunchokes and so I tried it... delicious.Special Features:
- beautiful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014we visited for my boyfriend's birthday while his parents were visiting. the food was beautiful and outstanding, and as vegetarians, we had plenty of fancy delicious meals to choose from. always a plus when we can have a grown up meal! the server was friendly, we were seated immediately even though we were 15 minutes early for our reservation, and the beer and wine list was very complimentary of the menu. two thumbs up, we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - nice atmospherecasualdinerDined on 11/1/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance and food. I ordered the swordfish special; it was moist, tender and delicious. Really loved this place. It's now on the top of my list!Special Features:
- We'll be backDeeGDined on 10/28/2014First visit to Farmicia and we loved it. Food and service were excellent. Great vegetation choices -- clearly not just an afterthought to the overall menu. Appreciated the BYO option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice environmentEnjoyedDined on 10/26/2014Very nice job with spreading out the seating at every other table before you got more crowded. Nice sense of privacySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014I have had two very positive experiences at Farmicia. Great staff, GREAT food, great wine, and great prices for the quality! I do think they could advertise the Farm to Table program more, because I think that needs to be widely promoted!Special Features:
- Good but not perfectjlsausDined on 10/25/2014The cheese plate was delicious, though there was a silly 50 cent charge for more toasts to enjoy the last bit. Generous crab salad. The MahiMahi with lemon could have been bright, but was overwhelmed by a flat herb mixture. Well cooked chicken, composed beautifully with seasonal vegetables. The bread, once it came our way, was delicious. The entrees came out when our other plates hadn't been cleared, the waiter disappeared for long periods, and we had to flag down the bread server to try the bread as we finished out meals. The service seemed to be poorly coordinated.
- Return VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014We were here previously and enjoyed so came back and were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Brunch -- it's not just for SundaydansnaxDined on 10/25/2014FARMiCiA is the perfect place to take out-of-towners or groups of people. Their menu features all of the key food groups (chicken, beef, pork, fish, vegetarian) so that you won't have to worry about finicky eaters. Many of their ingredients are organic or locally grown. Weekends are a particular treat with a great assortment of brunch foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointscathykbVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had brunch at FARMiCiA on Saturday. We trek into the city from the suburbs occasionally, but almost always make this our lunch/brunch destination. There is a wide variety of brunch items - traditional eggs, etc, to salads and sandwiches. My dh had the eggs benedict and he raved about it (and he is pretty critical) - from the toasty English muffin to the "real" Canadian bacon. I had the lentil salad, which was delicious - nicely dressed and served over lettuce and topped with creamy goat cheese. This is a great place for lunch/brunch - it has a younger vibe, but you will see all ages eating there.Special Features:
- pleasant, but food not as goodsuezqDined on 10/24/2014Wish there were more vegan options. Was nice to go with mixed crowd and prices are rrasonable, but vegan options even more limited than before. Bean casserole was OK but it was mushy and had no distinct flavors. Banana cake was very heavy. We go there usually when coming home from out of town or picking up someone from airport.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing experienceJudyrDined on 10/14/2014Other family members had raved about this restaurant prior to our visit and although 3 of us enjoyed our short rib entrees, the person who had the grilled beef found it almost inedible-it was stringy and very hard to chew-the caesar salad that one person ordered was never brought and he had to remind the server of his wine order-the bread server came around only once-no one asked about a refill nor was our water ever refilled-my coffee arrived luke warm and had to be replaced-Special Features:
- DELICIOUSKKScheidDined on 10/12/2014Huge group of foodies here... was a little worried having read a few sour reviews about the food being bland and service being slow... we find many Americans to be impatient when it comes to leisurely meals, so no qualms with the speed of service. Bland food? Definitely not. All five of us adore rich, flavourful, spicy food (typically if a menu says "spicy" we find that it's not at all... I eat habañeros and jalapeños on their own as snacks... put hot sauce on everything...). Two of us had the mexican omelette... it was spicy and satisfying beyond belief. We've been craving it ever since we got back home. Lump crab omelette was unreal. Eggs benny with salmon and two eggs with bacon were thoroughly enjoyed as well. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming Our FavoriteGreggDined on 10/11/2014We've eaten here twice, and recommend it to everyone we talk to. The restaurant is very comfortable. The food is delicious, fresh, and varied. The service is quite attentive. The prices are very reasonable. In fact, it's a value. We also LOVE the fact that it's BYOB with no corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and FantasticfoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014Always a great meal and the staff are awesome! We had the best lunch at the bar, as the dining room was packed, but we loved sitting there and having a casual meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spot!!Bk123Dined on 10/7/2014I love Farmicia! One of my favorite restaurants in old city! The food never dissapoints! It's my go to place to bring my friends and family! Good for brunch, lunch, or dinner! I have, unfortunately, run into poor service here on a couple of occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Spot For BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014We have brunch here frequently and it is consistently above average. The menu provides numerous and unique items; one of the best brunch menus in the city for our taste. The quality and freshness of the food is outstanding. Additionally, we generally have very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch!NornorVIPDined on 10/4/2014I'm surprised it was so quiet since their brunch is excellent! I would go back again for sure.Special Features:
- Great food with nice atmosphereEdw213Dined on 10/2/2014My wife daughter and I ate here on a week night after a flight home to the Philadelphia airport. The place was very busy for a Thursday night. It was our first time and we would definitely go again. The French Fenel Salad was fantastic. All of our meals were cooked and presented perfectly. Our server was very nice.Special Features:
- They forgot us!happydinerDined on 9/30/2014Looked forward to trying this place, great start with seating, appetizers, bread, menu info..then we were totally forgotten for 45 minutes. When our dinners came, all 4 were COLD, not even warm (except for the mashed potatoes on one of the steaks) Told waitress when we got check. She said "you should have said something, must be because of the large party we have tonight." Food would have been tasty, but after 45 minutes, what would they do, make us new dinners? We had shrimp and med rare steaks, can't heat those up! Disappointed!
- Over-ratedNoerglerDined on 9/27/2014My dish was way too salty, and the staff started vacuuming half an hour before closing time.
- Consistently good.HappyVIPDined on 9/26/2014We are always pleased with our dinners here and return often. Service is always great.
- Old City Dinner StopSaintBenDined on 9/26/2014If you are going to the Arden Theatre, this is a great place for dinner. Happy hour is until 7PM and the menu, service, and atmosphere are really special. I recommend this place to all my friends.Special Features:
- A great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Reasonably priced, tasty brunch options (though beware- they don't serve chicken during their lunch/brunch hours on Sundays, which caught us off guard when we ordered a chicken salad). Pancakes and bacon were delicious. Ambiance was great for a date or a girls' brunch. Would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Outfood4thought2698Dined on 9/19/2014I had an amazing time at Farmicia! The food was great, the service was great, and there was a good cocktail list. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a special and fun night out dinner location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Awesome. LOVED the steak, the cocktails, EVERYTHING!!!! I had the beet / fennel salad, and loved it. My friend had the crab/pear salad and said it was kind of fishy… but I thought it was fine. We had a big group, and asked to move tables and were kind of obnoxious, but the hosts and waiters were super super accommodating, we REALLY appreciated it!! and the bread system was amazing. I can't wait to go back. I'm going to go back as much as I can!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Waitress rude, food OK but sort of bland--would not return to this restaurant as price exceeded value
- A great Restaurant week menuReidVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were impressed with the quantity and quality of the food - 3 courses for $35 - during restaurant week. While it was not "high end foodie" preparations, they were well prepared and interesting. We will be back again.Special Features:
- fantastic!JenniferDined on 9/18/2014The food and drinks were amazing! My server was very knowledgeable and friendly. She was great! The ambiance and setting of the restaurant was perfect for a group or just a couple of people. Overall a great time. I will definitely be going back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I went for restaurant week and it was a great experience. Often, you hear about restaurant weeks rushing patrons out during restaurant week but Farmicia paced everything perfectly and didn't rush us into making any decisions. Our server was attentive who checked in just often enough that we didn't feel neglected or harassed. The food was phenomenal. I would definitely go back and I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good meal!Special Features: