15 South 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.farmiciarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2156276274
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
Saturday - Sunday: 8:30am - 10:00am
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
For reservations larger than 5 people, please contact FARMiCiA directly at 215 627-6274.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Klause
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: FARMiCiA Restaurant is available for all of your special event needs from Birthday Celebrations & Baby Showers, to Cocktail Parties & Business gatherings. The entire restaurant can accommodate 180 guests for standing events such as Cocktail Parties, and can be configured to your specifications for seated events for up to 120 guests. FARMiCiA’s Main Dining Room can accommodate up to 90 guests for standing events & up to 68 guests for seated gatherings. The FARM Bar area is available for smaller cocktail parties & can accommodate up to 40 guests. Located just beyond the FARM Bar is the LOFT at FARMiCiA which is graced by the large landscape painting by Conrad Nebeker. The semi-private area can accommodate up to 45 guests for a standing event. This area can also be arranged to your specifications for groups of up to 32 guests for seated events.
- Entertainment: Join us for Dinner Happy Hour Tuesday through Friday from 5 pm to 7pm and Brunch Happy Hour on Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 2 pm. All alcoholic beverages are offered at half the price, that includes draught beer, specialty cocktails, tonics, glasses of wine, etc. Pair a Barn Burner (FARMiCiA's own Bloody Mary) or a glass of champagne with your meal for half the price. What a great way to start the day and such a good deal!.
- Cross Street: Betwee Market & Chestnut
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Park your car in the Park America lot adjacent to the restaurant on 3rd Street, at the Bourse Garage located on 4th Street between Market & Chestnut Streets, or the AutoPark at Old City, which is located on 2nd Street between Chestnut & Walnut Streets. There is a smaller lot on N. 3rd – the other side of Market – between Market & Arch as well. Metered street parking is also available throughout Old City, but you might not want to waste your time looking for one!
A word from FARMiCiA
FARMiCiA is the conception of Kevin Klause, James Barrett & Wendy Smith Born (owners of Metropolitan Bakery), who share a vision of a restaurant that captures the pleasures of simply crafted food & excellent beverages served in a relaxed yet lively environment. The emphasis is on great tasting food & beverages crafted from local, organic & artisanal producers. Located in Philadelphia’s historic Old City, FARMiCiA is a 122-seat restaurant & bar serving breakfast, lunch, an afternoon meal, a relaxed dinner & even brunch on the weekends. While FARMiCiA boasts a full bar, guests are also allowed to BYO Wine to pair with our farm fresh fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FARMiCiA reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (123)neighborhood gem (116)great for brunch (79)good for groups (61)great for lunch (59)special occasion (45)great for outdoor dining (39)romantic (35)hot spot (25)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (12)scenic view (4)Show More
- A great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Reasonably priced, tasty brunch options (though beware- they don't serve chicken during their lunch/brunch hours on Sundays, which caught us off guard when we ordered a chicken salad). Pancakes and bacon were delicious. Ambiance was great for a date or a girls' brunch. Would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Outfood4thought2698Dined on 9/19/2014I had an amazing time at Farmicia! The food was great, the service was great, and there was a good cocktail list. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a special and fun night out dinner location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Awesome. LOVED the steak, the cocktails, EVERYTHING!!!! I had the beet / fennel salad, and loved it. My friend had the crab/pear salad and said it was kind of fishy… but I thought it was fine. We had a big group, and asked to move tables and were kind of obnoxious, but the hosts and waiters were super super accommodating, we REALLY appreciated it!! and the bread system was amazing. I can't wait to go back. I'm going to go back as much as I can!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Waitress rude, food OK but sort of bland--would not return to this restaurant as price exceeded value
- A great Restaurant week menuReidVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were impressed with the quantity and quality of the food - 3 courses for $35 - during restaurant week. While it was not "high end foodie" preparations, they were well prepared and interesting. We will be back again.Special Features:
- fantastic!JenniferDined on 9/18/2014The food and drinks were amazing! My server was very knowledgeable and friendly. She was great! The ambiance and setting of the restaurant was perfect for a group or just a couple of people. Overall a great time. I will definitely be going back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I went for restaurant week and it was a great experience. Often, you hear about restaurant weeks rushing patrons out during restaurant week but Farmicia paced everything perfectly and didn't rush us into making any decisions. Our server was attentive who checked in just often enough that we didn't feel neglected or harassed. The food was phenomenal. I would definitely go back and I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good meal!Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodmythingDined on 9/17/2014I have been to this restaurant many times. This week was restaurant week. I was disappointed. Everything is not what I expected.
- FarmaciaMikeDined on 9/17/2014I went for dinner with my wife and another couple. It took a long time to get refills on drinks and the food took a while considering that they weren't that busy. One person had pork and it was badly undercooked. The rest of the food was ok but nothing that wowed. Over all it was a very underwhelming experience.
- Excellent LunchMimiDined on 9/17/2014This was my first visit to Farmicia and I will definitely return. The food, service, and setting were all wonderful -- starting with the choice of breads that are served with an herbed butter. The lentil salad appetizer served with warmed goat cheese was delicious and large enough to have almost been a meal in itself. The chicken enchilada entree was especially flavorful and served with a delicious guacamole. My dining partner loved the shrimp appetizer, the crab cake sandwich that is served with fresh fruit, and the flourless chocolate cake. Serving sizes were generous. The physical space is very attractive and filled with unique details, such as the hammered copper in the ceiling. Good atmosphere. Excellent wait staff.Special Features:
- nvr2muchDined on 9/14/2014Food and service were fabulous! Crab and Asian pear salad, St Peter's fish, and peach cobbler are delicious.Special Features:
- my eggscellent omeletbagelsDined on 9/14/2014the mushroom, onion, pepper creation was perfect. terrific, attentive service as well. looking forward to another brunch there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch, Gluten-Free FriendlySilkDined on 9/13/2014I had visited FARMiCiA once before for dinner, but this was my first trip for brunch. The brunch menu is very different from the typical omelette/pancakes/waffles menus that you find at many other restaurants. They have a separate gluten-free menu, so be sure to ask for one if you have a gluten allergy/intolerance. The shrimp and grits dish was delicious. The Bloody Mary was good (they make their own mix, and it's GF) but could have used some extra kick - might want to ask for extra hot sauce. We had reservations at 11:15 on a Sat. and probably wouldn't have had a problem being seated at that time without them. The restaurant was crowded by the time we finished eating, so I'd recommend reservations if you're visiting around noon.Special Features:
- Byob!AliEVIPDined on 9/12/2014Byob and bread is delicious. Like the atmosphere- nice but casualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Center City Resturant WeekluvfoodDined on 9/12/2014I love restaurant week but most of the restaurants that participate in this are a little too "elegant" and I have a 10 month old that I take everywhere with me. Farmicia was great! The selection of for RW was good too. I definitely recommend the 10 ounce steak!! It wasn't too noisy and it wasn't too quiet and the food was noticeably fresh. You don't find that too often nowadays. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodatteacherDined on 9/10/2014My friend and I attended restaurant week and all of our food was outstanding. The waitress was attentive. The decor was appealing and the tables at the edge of the restaurant opened out onto the sidewalk.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Winner!!LuckylisaDined on 9/10/2014The menu was outstanding, the food delicious, the service terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mainlinesushiloverDined on 9/9/2014I have been to Farmicia before and had a very good experience, so I decided to go during restaurant week. I went later on in the night, so it wasn't too busy. I was interested in trying some of the beers on tap, but our server wasn't able to describe them very well, saying he doesn't like beer. Fair enough, I suppose! The food was very good, but not amazing. My first course was definitely the highlight of the meal, so I suppose I had high expectations from the start. $35 was definitely a fair price for dinner, but drinks were relatively expensive. I'll probably go back, but will be glad to order off the regular menu.Special Features:
- FarmiciaArleneVIPDined on 9/9/2014Located on Third St. off Market, Farmicia is a neighborhood gem that is perfect for almost every occasion. This was my third visit and as always service was excellent; the food was interesting and the overall energy outstanding. I like the fact that you can take a guest here and actually have a conversation without shouting. Overall a very good and reliable choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014Great selections for vegetarian eaters.The food was prepareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FARMiCiA during restaurant weekmoonmeowDined on 9/7/2014We checked out FARMiCiA for the first time during restaurant week this past Sunday. The menu had great choices and the food was great - especially the salads. I was amazed by how good both salads we received were! The entrees were good, I loved my pork chops and my boyfriend enjoyed his steak just wished it was seared a little more (he's picky). We both got the creme brulee and it was perfect and the lemon shortbread on the side was a nice added touch. Would definitely recommend and will go when it's not restaurant week - have had this spot on my brunch list forever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!Keelia111Dined on 9/7/2014Great food, happy hour brunch cocktail special, and nice atmosphere. Our waitress wasn't the friendliest, her attitude was short & cold, but order was correct and service was efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for EveryoneBarbaraManVIPDined on 9/7/2014At brunch one of my dining companions was pleased to have a vegan option and another of my dining companions was pleased to be able to order just the number of pancakes she wanted. I had a great hummus and avocado flat bread sandwich with a good salad and delicious dressing. There are many options to choose from.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014I have eaten here since the day that it opened. How things change. While the food, drink and service was as good as I remember it, the noise level for Sunday brunch at 11:30 was just too much for me. I don't remember this restaurant being as noisy as it was on Sunday and so filled with babies, carriages, little children and high energy. I still love the restaurant. I will just choose a quieter time to dine there.Special Features:
- Really Good DinnerRichDined on 8/30/2014This was our second time at Farmicia. Once again we enjoyed the excellent food and low key vibe here. It's also nice that there's a full bar but you can also bring your own. Staff is friendly and not stuffy, and the menu is interesting with many choices that appealed to us. We'll be back.Special Features:
- TexRDined on 8/30/2014Looked forward to coming to Farmacia after a mediocre Wood Allen flick. The greetings were warm at the door and we were shown to a table that had air vents at the floor level blowing out the coldest of air. No problem! We were immediately shown to a table that met our needs. Amy is a most friendly and efficient wait-staff person who explained the specials and opened our two bottles of wine. As usual, a very creative menu was supplied and more than covered what we wanted as apps and entrees. The clientel cover all areas but have a common thread one can weave through them....friendly without the necessity to yell at fellow diners....just nice conversation. Thanks. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- local, organicTheRunsDined on 8/30/2014Our reservation wasn't worth any OpenTable points but it doesn't hurt to have a reserved table for Labor Day weekend. They pride themselves on local organic food which my wife and I really appreciate. They have a gluten-free menu which helps with my wife having celiac. The food doesn't have big servings but it's fresh and reasonably priced for Center City.Special Features:
- Still deliciousVictoriaDined on 8/30/2014We came here for brunch as part of my friend's girls day for her bachelorette. There were three of us and we had a reservation but were 30 min early and they were still able to seat us. Lots of seasonal favorites, ample menu but not overwhelming. Of course all the food was delicious, especially the fresh produce. Good coffee and cocktails for brunch happy hour.Special Features:
- BrunchVisitinglocally2014Dined on 8/24/2014We ate here because of location and outdoor dog friendly seating. The menu looked spectacular but we were underwhelmed. The table outside are actually on a slight angle so you are tipped while you eat. The bloody Mary's were half off but we didn't finish the first one because it was not good ... Very seedy and chunky. The food was ok ... Shrimp and grits were salty ... The omelette had good crab meat and a decent amount of it but the fruit was overly ripe and mushy. The service was not very attentive ... Minimal drink refills and we had to track them down to get the bill at the end. Overall an ok experience but I won't go out of my way to go back.Special Features:
- Fresh, fabulous & funhappydinerDined on 8/23/2014There were four of us at our table and we all enjoyed an amazing meal at Farmacia after seeing a show at the Forrest Theater. Each one of us commented on how much we loved our meals: Halibut, Duck, Pork, and Chicken dishes. The appetizers were fantastic as well. Loved the bread from Metropolitan Bakery and the service was superb . . . couldn't ask for a better meal or service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch for Decent PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014My friend from NYC was visiting and I wanted to take her to a brunch place, since it is our favorite meal of the day. We both like pretty plain, fresh tasting dishes so I got the nova lox appetizer as my entree and she got the eggs. The food was just the right amount of savory - not too salty or oily. All the ingredients tasted super fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch need b'fast rollsQbijonDined on 8/23/2014Bit upset, they dont serve b'fast rolls/croissant etc. food its ok, not great. Need more than organic!!! Taste, plating, ...
- Nice Spot in Old TownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014Farmicia has a nicely diverse menu that offered something for everyone in our party, which included a vegetarian. The vegetarian selections were thoughtful and varied, unlike certain restaurants that will simply offer some simple assemblage of which ever vegetables happen to be in the kitchen. Food overall was very good. The interior is industrial, with a bit of barn feel to it, very pleasing. Wait staff and service was fine. Wine and drink selections are good, you should be able to find a libation to please you. Dress and feel are casual to quite casual. Would go again.Special Features:
- Nothing was wrongAstruDined on 8/21/2014I got the lamb, which was ok, but for $28 I wanted it to be better.
- Best Brunch in PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014This is my favorite breakfast spot in Philly! I always get the Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon. My Daughter's favorite is the smoked salmon bagel. See the trend? Don't get me wrong; everything on the menu is fantastic. The cheese grits are to die for and the bacon tastes like candy. FARMiCiA also makes one of the best Bloody Mary's I've ever had. Give this place a try. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Food was fine but service was slowLCarterDined on 8/17/2014I think our waiter forgot about us. Service was way too slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OnceaweekdinerDined on 8/16/2014Should listen to waitress. One dish she suggested was right on, Fish choice not so good. Would give it one more try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsshryx86Dined on 8/15/2014We have been to FARMiCiA twice, and we are definitely going to come back again! The food is always prepared perfectly, the service is great, and they have a relaxed but energetic vibe. My ribeye was perfect from the first bite, and so was my girlfriend's fish. They usually have a couple gluten free desserts, and we had the great brownie. My only complaints are that the tables are close to each other, so this might not be the place to have a private conversation, and despite the GF dessert they don't offer a GF bread at the start of your meal. However, the food and service more than makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmicia-great as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/15/2014Farmicia is always a great place! We had a seven o'clock reservation and were seated at 7. Felt like we were outside cause the front was open. Service was perfect! Food is very good with fresh ingredients. Good beer and wine selection. Great neighborhood! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed the cheese plate ("trio of cheeses") and the crustinis that came with it. My ribeye was particularly tasty - cooked to "medium" perfectly. Mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus were great compliments. My wife ordered the roasted chicken breast, but she like my steak better! It was really good food at a reasonable total price. They have ample wine selections, but the beer list is lacking. We sat in the open door seat, adjacent to the bar. Perfect for the outdoor dining feel, but you don't feel like you're in pedestrians' right of way on the sidewalk. Really enjoyed FARMiCiA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.