15 South 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.farmiciarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2156276274
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
Saturday - Sunday: 8:30am - 10:00am
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
For reservations larger than 5 people, please contact FARMiCiA directly at 215 627-6274.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Klause
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: FARMiCiA Restaurant is available for all of your special event needs from Birthday Celebrations & Baby Showers, to Cocktail Parties & Business gatherings. The entire restaurant can accommodate 180 guests for standing events such as Cocktail Parties, and can be configured to your specifications for seated events for up to 120 guests. FARMiCiA’s Main Dining Room can accommodate up to 90 guests for standing events & up to 68 guests for seated gatherings. The FARM Bar area is available for smaller cocktail parties & can accommodate up to 40 guests. Located just beyond the FARM Bar is the LOFT at FARMiCiA which is graced by the large landscape painting by Conrad Nebeker. The semi-private area can accommodate up to 45 guests for a standing event. This area can also be arranged to your specifications for groups of up to 32 guests for seated events.
- Entertainment: Join us for Dinner Happy Hour Tuesday through Friday from 5 pm to 7pm and Brunch Happy Hour on Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 2 pm. All alcoholic beverages are offered at half the price, that includes draught beer, specialty cocktails, tonics, glasses of wine, etc. Pair a Barn Burner (FARMiCiA's own Bloody Mary) or a glass of champagne with your meal for half the price. What a great way to start the day and such a good deal!.
- Cross Street: Betwee Market & Chestnut
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Park your car in the Park America lot adjacent to the restaurant on 3rd Street, at the Bourse Garage located on 4th Street between Market & Chestnut Streets, or the AutoPark at Old City, which is located on 2nd Street between Chestnut & Walnut Streets. There is a smaller lot on N. 3rd – the other side of Market – between Market & Arch as well. Metered street parking is also available throughout Old City, but you might not want to waste your time looking for one!
A word from FARMiCiA
FARMiCiA is the conception of Kevin Klause, James Barrett & Wendy Smith Born (owners of Metropolitan Bakery), who share a vision of a restaurant that captures the pleasures of simply crafted food & excellent beverages served in a relaxed yet lively environment. The emphasis is on great tasting food & beverages crafted from local, organic & artisanal producers. Located in Philadelphia’s historic Old City, FARMiCiA is a 122-seat restaurant & bar serving breakfast, lunch, an afternoon meal, a relaxed dinner & even brunch on the weekends. While FARMiCiA boasts a full bar, guests are also allowed to BYO Wine to pair with our farm fresh fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FARMiCiA reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (108)fit for foodies (104)great for brunch (75)great for lunch (57)good for groups (51)special occasion (43)romantic (36)kid-friendly (31)great for outdoor dining (30)hot spot (18)notable wine list (14)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (4)Show More
- Fresh, fabulous & funhappydinerDined on 8/23/2014There were four of us at our table and we all enjoyed an amazing meal at Farmacia after seeing a show at the Forrest Theater. Each one of us commented on how much we loved our meals: Halibut, Duck, Pork, and Chicken dishes. The appetizers were fantastic as well. Loved the bread from Metropolitan Bakery and the service was superb . . . couldn't ask for a better meal or service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch for Decent PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014My friend from NYC was visiting and I wanted to take her to a brunch place, since it is our favorite meal of the day. We both like pretty plain, fresh tasting dishes so I got the nova lox appetizer as my entree and she got the eggs. The food was just the right amount of savory - not too salty or oily. All the ingredients tasted super fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch need b'fast rollsQbijonDined on 8/23/2014Bit upset, they dont serve b'fast rolls/croissant etc. food its ok, not great. Need more than organic!!! Taste, plating, ...
- Nice Spot in Old TownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014Farmicia has a nicely diverse menu that offered something for everyone in our party, which included a vegetarian. The vegetarian selections were thoughtful and varied, unlike certain restaurants that will simply offer some simple assemblage of which ever vegetables happen to be in the kitchen. Food overall was very good. The interior is industrial, with a bit of barn feel to it, very pleasing. Wait staff and service was fine. Wine and drink selections are good, you should be able to find a libation to please you. Dress and feel are casual to quite casual. Would go again.Special Features:
- Nothing was wrongAstruDined on 8/21/2014I got the lamb, which was ok, but for $28 I wanted it to be better.
- Best Brunch in PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014This is my favorite breakfast spot in Philly! I always get the Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon. My Daughter's favorite is the smoked salmon bagel. See the trend? Don't get me wrong; everything on the menu is fantastic. The cheese grits are to die for and the bacon tastes like candy. FARMiCiA also makes one of the best Bloody Mary's I've ever had. Give this place a try. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Food was fine but service was slowLCarterDined on 8/17/2014I think our waiter forgot about us. Service was way too slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OnceaweekdinerDined on 8/16/2014Should listen to waitress. One dish she suggested was right on, Fish choice not so good. Would give it one more try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsshryx86Dined on 8/15/2014We have been to FARMiCiA twice, and we are definitely going to come back again! The food is always prepared perfectly, the service is great, and they have a relaxed but energetic vibe. My ribeye was perfect from the first bite, and so was my girlfriend's fish. They usually have a couple gluten free desserts, and we had the great brownie. My only complaints are that the tables are close to each other, so this might not be the place to have a private conversation, and despite the GF dessert they don't offer a GF bread at the start of your meal. However, the food and service more than makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmicia-great as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/15/2014Farmicia is always a great place! We had a seven o'clock reservation and were seated at 7. Felt like we were outside cause the front was open. Service was perfect! Food is very good with fresh ingredients. Good beer and wine selection. Great neighborhood! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed the cheese plate ("trio of cheeses") and the crustinis that came with it. My ribeye was particularly tasty - cooked to "medium" perfectly. Mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus were great compliments. My wife ordered the roasted chicken breast, but she like my steak better! It was really good food at a reasonable total price. They have ample wine selections, but the beer list is lacking. We sat in the open door seat, adjacent to the bar. Perfect for the outdoor dining feel, but you don't feel like you're in pedestrians' right of way on the sidewalk. Really enjoyed FARMiCiA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but could be betterDebbVIPDined on 8/5/2014Portions small at time The waiter kept mixing up who go what Also rushed in clearing as a guest finished rather than waiting til all finished Then it took a whil to get a check For the specificly allowed time slot the restaurant was empty Too expensive for what we gotSpecial Features:
- Consistently DeliciousPetuniaDined on 8/3/2014I've been to Farmacia for brunch and dinner and always enjoy it. I'm a vegetarian and they have a few entree selections that are vegetarian and provide a range of flavor from grilled veggies to spicy Mexican. I had the corn croquettes and they were very good. I will probably try something different next time just to continue trying the great food. Our waitress was helpful and friendly. Go here for dinner and defintely for brunch too as it's fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014The food was good although a little limited menu. Prices were reasonable. WOuld go again.
- thanksmuffeeVIPDined on 7/29/2014had a great lunch experience with my good friend. but i think i ordered the wrong thing. the bacon in the turkey club was hard as a rock. couldn't chew it. didn't like it. added no flavor. and the turkey was a bit dry. loved the fried and the flavored mayo,though : ) even though my meal was not great, i'd go bcd in a second. try something else. the place is gorgeous, the service exceptional, wonderful menu and my friends food looked GREAT.Special Features:
- Fresh delish food, great atmospheretravelingwithallergiesDined on 7/29/2014I found this restaurant while searching for dining options for my food allergic son. The restaurant is brilliantly decorated, but the food was definitely the star. I had the grilled pesto goat cheese sandwich with a micro-green salad on the side - fantastic! My 6yr old daughter ordered the grilled cheese, but substituted to get goat cheese as well. My son was able to eat a BLT and loved it. I took comfort knowing the food was fresh and quality. We even ordered two apples cut up and boxed with our left-overs for our train ride back to DC. Our server was very accommodating.Special Features:
- DisappointinggdfdsrchrDined on 7/27/2014We went for the last day of restaurant week and it seemed like ordering off the restaurant week menu was certain to delivered tired food that looked good, but tasted past its prime
- Great food in a casual atmosphereLesVaudoisDined on 7/27/2014Former chef at White Dog adds his own touch to locally sourced fare. Excellent presentation, appetizer, entree and dessert were all superb. Very good service and great informal atmosphere. Wine list was adequate to find something decent at a reasonable price to pair with food.Special Features:
- Outstanding!ShelleyDVIPDined on 7/26/2014We visited Philly this past weekend and wanted to try the restaurant we'd heard so much about. Fortunately and unknowingly, it was Old City Restaurant Week and we were able to take advantage of that. The food, service, ambience and selections were just outstanding. We fell in love with the Asian Pear and Crabmeat salad; and the Pork Tenderloin and Ribeye were awesome. What a wonderful find- and thanks to Open Table for making it so easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FARMiCiAsnoggishDined on 7/26/2014We loved FARMiCiA! We went here for Old City Restaurant Week. The food was delicious, they have tons of unique dishes and everything we had (2 apps, 2 entrees, 2 desserts) were all great. Service was outstanding, I was never left wondering where the server was so I could get more water, food came out astonishingly fast. As soon as we ordered, apps were out within 5 minutes. After we finished, our entrees were out in 5-10 minutes after that. You get the picture. We could've been done with a 3 course meal in half an hour if we had a mind to inhale our food. Great service, reasonable prices, and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thoroughly enjoyed eating herebiscuitmanDined on 7/26/2014Quick trip to Philly, my son the foody picked this place for: reasonable price, farm to table, olde city, plenty of vegetarian options. Food was great. Farm-to-table wasn't a focus (sourcing farms weren't listed on menu/on chalk board anywhere) (note: this in no way detracted from a great restaurant!) price was reasonable, great ambience. We had a table in the front--great people watching on 3rd st!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodManderDined on 7/25/2014My friends and I were for my birthday, which was incidentally during Old City Restaurant Week. The food was all AMAZING - especially the pork with the orange sauce and sweet potatoes and the strawberry crisp. Servers were VERY attentive and made sure you always had everything. Would definitely recommend for a nice out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner, great serviceCarolynSDined on 7/25/2014I enjoyed a delicious pineapple upside down martini while waiting for my friend at the bar. When she arrived we were seated immediately. The server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. They had many vegetarian options, and we brought our own wine. All of our food was excellent, and the brownie with cream cheese ice cream was divine!Special Features:
- Friday Night DelightADC111Dined on 7/25/2014I enjoyed Old City Restaurant week. The crab cakes are amazing!!! The Grace Kelly has as much style that she had back in the day. Cool and refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service ehluvfoodDined on 7/24/2014Food was good but service was lacking. Took too long for first drinks to arrive because appetizer arrived a minute later then breezed thru dinner w/ no drinks cause waitress never came back after food was dropped to see how meal was or if we needed a drink. However she was quick to collect the bill. Overall the food was awesome but the service was less than desirable considering the price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmicia was amazingoutandaboutDined on 7/23/2014It is such a cute restaurant, the food was delicious. I ordered the duck and it melts in your mouth, dessert was out of this world, the flourless chocolate cake was moist and smooth, not too sweet. One of the best meal that I had in the Old City area. Our server was courteous and friendly, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehWoodyDined on 7/23/2014Presentation was not great. Dressing on the lentil salad was blah. Potatoes and green beans were mediocre. Entree tuna was delicious and perfectly done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it here!!!JojosVIPDined on 7/20/2014Brunch with girlfriends was awesome at Farmacia! Got sat quickly at a table by the open window. Service was prompt and friendly. Happy hour drink prices, good Bloody Mary, and food was out to us before we could count to 200! ;) Love me some grits!!! Lots of vegetarian options, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Foodie4sureDined on 7/18/2014We had a very pleasant time for an early dinner on Friday. The menu offers such interesting dishes. I ordered the stuffed squash flowers and was very pleased. The enchiladas and tamales were wonderful. The drinks and tonics were interesting and half price because of happy hour rules! My friend liked the champagne drink. The server was cordial and attentive. I will try the lunch menu next time I go. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectchristeDined on 7/18/2014It was the perfect place for lunch during the work day. The food was absolutely delicious and I will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Food could be bettereasyeaterDined on 7/17/2014The food was unevenly good. I had a chicken dish which I liked a lot. My husband had the salmon which had been cooked to death and could have been anyfishUSA. The desserts were very pleasant and the service was just excellent. It was quiet enough - even when full- that I could enjoy talking to my husband, and we are around 70 years old. So that is a rarity in Philadelphia. There are a few really good things, wish I could remember from the last time we were there, perhaps last fall, but I have the feeling this COULD become a really good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the face lift on Farmacia!lovethefoodandwineDined on 7/13/2014I have not dined at Farmacia in years and was pleasantly surprised by the new decor and layout. I love the menu and the food was great. We sat outside and the sidewalk and tables were on a slant which is why I gave ambience only 4 stars. Besides the slant, everything was great. I'll be back.Special Features:
- A Favorite Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2014We come in from Bucks Co. OFTEN for brunch at FARMiCiA and always have a good experience. The menu is both fun and satisfying. Service is always good. It is one of Old City's BEST restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, mediocre wine listAchimDined on 7/8/2014While the food is great the wine list could be much better. The service is kind of hit and miss. Sometimes it's great, at this visit it certainly wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!JemKDined on 7/6/2014Second time to Farmacia for brunch. Fresh, delicious choices for Vegans and omnivores alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Brunch in the city!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014No trip for us to Philly is complete without a brunch at FARMiCiA! The baked brie and quesadilla are to die for, and we loved the bloody marys, too!Special Features:
- Great Farm to TableDCinTXVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were so pleasantly suprised to have found this superb restaurant on our recent trip to Philadelphia. The food was very, very good and creative. Very good service and just an all around great place.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!ilovefoodDined on 7/5/2014The food was exceptional, and it was so fresh! I loved how they had different bread options and came around and you were able to choose. The staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Food & Service were ExcellentJenMDined on 7/5/2014Food and service were excellent. Had a great kids friendly menu.Special Features:
- Exceptional BrunchmattDined on 7/5/2014We had a great brunch on their front porch. Everyone was very friendly and the food was great. We really enjoyed our meal here and definitely recommend it for brunch.Special Features: