1627 Dupont Street
Toronto, ON M6P 3S8Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://farmhousehospitality.tumblr.com/
- Phone: 4165619114x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Small Mid-Day Menu: Saturday 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Thursday - Sunday 6:00pm - 10:00pm
*Buck-A-Shuck Oysters 5-6pm Sunday nights.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Executive Chef: Tom Wade
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private "HUNT CAMP' room seats 9-12ppl at one high top table.
A word from FARMHOUSE Tavern
Serving #FARMHOUSEhospitality. Rooted in the charming influences of the rural Ontario farmhouse. A little bit country/ A lot rock & roll. Cooking a blackboard menu of #FARMdrivenFOOD. Pouring Ontario craft brews + artisanal VQA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerCanadian
FARMHOUSE Tavern - Best Restaurants in The Junction ›
FARMHOUSE Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (69)great for brunch (50)great for outdoor dining (30)hot spot (19)good for groups (16)great for lunch (13)special occasion (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (3)Show More
- An Anniversary PartySpidermanDined on 10/18/2014We were two couples celebrating our anniversaries. We had an amazing time!! The food and service was excellent. We would all come back for more. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great Food but over pricedFoodyDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed the meal but the food was overpriced for what was offered. For example the 14 oz steak dinner came with only Brussel sprouts and cost $40. Side dishes were not available for purchase. No bread and butter at the table. Wine list is extensive but overpriced. No option for a house wine.Special Features:
- Great FindRonyMomDined on 10/13/2014My daughter and I booked both dinner and brunch reservations at Farmhouse Tavern. We were not disappointed from the appetizer to our mains and then desserts. Likewise, brunch was wonderful as well and my daughter greatly enjoyed the strawberry pancakes. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- KalyaniDined on 10/12/2014We enjoyed our brunch very much -- fun place to go!Special Features:
- GreatMeatloversDined on 10/11/2014We love this place. Cosy, always friendly staff and always great food. Neat cocktails. Impressive brunch. They're simple yet dishes are impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girlatdovercourtDined on 10/10/2014The food was good, especially the appetizer (toffeed apple with sausages. Outstanding). We ordered the prime-rib steak and a pork belly. Whilst the steak was good, the pork belly was, alas, overdone and hence, a bit dry. Another facet of the restaurant was that the service was slightly waning once we were seated. We were ignored by servers for a full 10 minutes until we flagged someone down for attention. After assigning a server to our table, the service was solid, but first impressions count: no patron shalt be ignored once seated. Overall, it was a fairly positive experience, but my experience with FH is that something is slightly amiss w/each of my visits. Last time, it was the cheap hamburger bun and soupy peach crumble...Special Features:
- Perfect for carnivoresOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We've been here before for their great brunch, but this was our first time for dinner. We enjoyed the ploughman's platter with the addition of the double foie gras. It's everything you would expect, and the hunter's sausage was very good. The only concern was that the duck leg confit was a bit overdone, and thus dried out/crispy. We also enjoyed the dry-aged ribeye, perfect temperature and char on the outside. The shortribs gnudi was also very delicious, though perhaps we overdid it on the meat courses. The server was very nice and attentive without being bothersome. Overall a fun experience, and we'd definitely go back. In fact, the next night we tried out their sister restaurant, Farmer's daughter and also had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunch!YumnationDined on 9/28/2014A friend and I attended FARMHOUSE Tavern for brunch on a Saturday. Luckily it wasn't very busy so we managed to get a table outside in the sunshine. The hostess was great and gave us a run down twice of the menu as we both couldn't decide on what to get. Service was great, the food was good, a little more on the pricey side, but I didn't mind paying for the great quality and service!Special Features:
- Great ChefEaterDined on 9/28/2014interesting taste layers, thought-provoking dish names like in the case of Mother and Child Union where duck leg meets duck egg, awesome salad dressing, duck to die for. service is slow, not responsive. no wifi for customersSpecial Features:
- Brunch!ADMMDined on 9/21/2014Small menu but everything was delicious! Will go back again soon.Special Features:
- Worth the TripconstructivecriticDined on 9/13/2014I got here from Buffalo. My friends met me from NYC. We were very happy. It's the kind of small, locally sourced menu and laid back vibe I love. The beer was great, the wine was great, the food was great, the room was fun. It's a bit of a haul from downtown Toronto but you get to see lots of the city getting there and a neighborhood you wouldn't necessarily get to otherwise as a visitor to the city. Go here!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014The food and service were outstanding. Antonio is an excellent server. Go to Farmhouse Tavern and see for yourself. The food is delicious, imaginative, and carefully sourced and sourced. The decor is whimsical and comfortable. We loved it.Special Features:
- Edwin and Dupontjimmer8Dined on 9/12/2014I was impressed with the welcome, the service, the food and the atmosphere. If I lived in TO, I would be back and often. The atmosphere is unique, the service complete and surprisingly fast but I didn't feel rushed and the presentation was excellent. I had the trout which was impeccably prepared and the wine selection by my waiter appropriate. As soon as I walked in, I felt welcome and that feeling continued throughout my meal and the send off was equally gracious. A pleasant hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best eggs benny ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Food and wait staff were excellent! The owner or host had a bit of an attitude which was not appreciated by myself or my party.. Otherwise, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale farm feeling in TorontoPeteDined on 9/4/2014We have heard a couple of times about Farmhouse Tavern and were very curious when going there. Overall, we were not disappointed. This place has a great mixture of down-to-earth easy going junction style (clothes and approach of service) to absolutely excellent and innovative food while sticking to countryside classics. We have never been to a place like this and will definitely come back. Impressing also the open kitchen with many busy men working in it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014I liked this place overall. I found the food pretty bland. I ordered the vegetable harvest plate, which was mostly just a plain roasted squash. I don't recommend it. My friends got the trout, and it was plain but very fresh. The peach cobbler was great. We really enjoyed the ambiance and the outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Great experiencecannedfreshDined on 8/30/2014Had the platter and the rabbit pasta. Mains are not really shareable size but the platter was perfect. Everything had rich flavours and the ambience was cozy. Perfect service with knowledgable servers.Special Features:
- Great food!AmandaBDined on 8/30/2014Plain and simple, this restaurant has few but great options. Always tasty and love that it's a neighbourhood gem! Eggs Benny and strawberry pancakes sensational!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- silver8deerDined on 8/24/2014Both food and service were amazing. Interesting cocktails and a good Ontario wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Fantastic FoodF1nKDined on 8/22/2014Service was top notch. Though they do not have a kids menu the kitchen accommodated us very we'll. Food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSatisfiedDinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014never disappointed - we love this place - took some friends for brunch on Sunday August 16th, 2014 and now they are hooked! Keep up the excellent work.Special Features:
- A gem in the junctionSurenity82Dined on 8/16/2014Great little place in the Junction. Great to know that ingredients are locally sourced. Very chill vibe but something elegant about the atmosphere. Had the Barnyard Burger and Ploughman's Platter. Overall, looking forward to going again. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotSubeckyDined on 7/27/2014Recently had brunch on a Sunday for a group of six and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The space is quite nice although the cowhide benches aren't the most comfortable when wearing shorts or a skirt. The brunch menu may be limited but everything on it was delicious. Pancakes were great but the order was somewhat small. Great burger, great eggs benny, great house bacon, and their coffee is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysjnmkeDined on 7/20/2014Farmhouse Tavern has become one of our favourite spots in town for a special meal. Casual vibe, but spectacular food that takes full advantage of fresh ingredients and the flavours added by the smoker. The fish dish was one of the best pieces of fish that I have had in years. Possibly too salty for some, but it was reminiscent of the very best grilled fish that I have had in Japan, complemented by a vegetable puree and other garnishes.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchKKScheidDined on 7/13/2014Farmhouse was outstanding - delicious food, super cute atmosphere. Had birthday brunch with my parents... everyone thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Staff were very accommodating of food allergies, provided excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Waitresses was great. Great service. Food was overpriced for what you get. Pretty mediocre.Special Features:
- Highs and Lowschew20Dined on 7/5/2014The only reason i might go back is for the burger. The duck 3 ways was overrated. The farmers plough could have used more than the 2 meager bread wedges. We asked for extra bread- needed it for the pate. P.S. I like to eat my few rashes of bacon with some bread as well. We were charged an extra $1.00 for 2 more meager bread wedges. A total scam! If you are going to advertise your dish as a FARMERS whatever, remember FARMERS have big appetites. I expect to see some more bread. I hate to harp on it but accompaniments to food have to be thoughtful. This wasn't. The pickled veggies were wilted. Rib eye wasn't cooked as order & when it was refired, the sides were missing! By they time they came back, our rib eye was cold. Sides looked less too!
- Would be better with easy fixesmgfrDined on 6/29/2014Brunch menu too small IMHP. We had the eggs benedict w pork belly & eggs in a nest. Both were v tasty, v pretty and reasonably well-priced, but portions were v small; we left hungry. What's with the literally quarter-sized piece of pork belly under each of my eggs, one of which was entirely hard, rubbery fat? I asked the server if such small pieces of pork are usual and she said "yes" and walked away. Maybe my complaint was too nicely (or passive-aggressively) expressed, but walking away is never a response to a customer's polite irritation. And I get the farmhouse aesthetic is "keeping it real", but those hard scratchy concrete patio tables have to go. Plus, rethink firing up the smoker during service - I had to shower when I got home.
- bunsDined on 6/26/2014Service was very friendly and casual. Really good. Food was interesting and delicious. Staff was very interested in feedback BUT quite pricey! Restaurant is very low key really like a neighbourhood restaurant until the bill arrives. Now we'll go for special occasions.Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the FARMHOUSE Tavern reviews archive.
- Fun times!laurinkim1Dined on 6/21/2014we celebrated our anniversary there this weekend. The food was fantastic. We loved the tzaziki with the lamb, the fish was perfect, and the staff was a lot of fun. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and we'll be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okV555Dined on 6/19/2014Wasn't anything great. Ribeye came out undercooked and just tasted weird, and ploughmans platter was overpriced and not good at all.Special Features:
- Food was just okayDecadeVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great service, fantastic presentation but ultimately the flavour wasn't there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and innovative, but....npzFLVIPDined on 6/12/2014While the food was very good, the menu choices are very limited. If you like what's there, great. Otherwise, not so much. The decor on the patio is great. Car and tractor parts used as wall planters and table bases. But the idea of using concrete patio slabs as tabletops really does not work due to the textured non slip side of the stone. The restaurant's smoker is at the south end of the patio, and although we were not sitting near it (and others were right next to it) we still came home smelling like we had been on a canoe trip. Staff were very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- ILNYFoodDined on 6/7/2014Overall experience was lovely and we enjoyed our food. However, if you have a party of 4 or more ask to be seated at a dining table not a little bistro table. There were 5 of us seated at 2 tiny bistro tables pushed together and that left very little room for food or drinks. The menu is interesting but when we asked the waiter to explain our choices he rebuffed with 'Are you really interested in knowing about every dish?" He only wanted to inform us about food we thought we may order. The menu is just of list of titles on a blackboard not very explicit so it what hard to know what we might be interested in. Considering there were roughly 12 items to explain of which the asparagus and soup were self-explanitory was it really asking a lot?Special Features:
- Delicious meal but expensive...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Great relaxed atmosphere, food was delicious. But I did get a surprise with the bill....was expecting 50 per person, then tip....all in 80. A bit much.Special Features:
- THIS PLACE IS WORTH THE TRIPfoodieVIPDined on 6/1/2014MISMATCHED GLASSES AND CHAIRS, A VINTAGE STOVE AND AN OPEN KITCHEN. JUST LIKE DINNER ON THE FARM, ONLY BETTER!! HAVING BEEN FOR BOTH DINNER AND BRUNCH I CAN REPORT THE FOOD IS GREAT AT BOTH. IF I KNEW EGGS COULD TASTE SO GOOD I WOULD HAVE THEM MORE OFTEN. MINE WERE POACHED THEN BATTERED IN PANCO BREAD CRUMBS AND FLASHED FRIED, SERVED WITH A HUNK OF GREAT TOASTED BREAD AND SOME WONDERFUL PROCUITTO. OH, DID I MENTION THE AMAZING CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD WITH A WARM BERRY COMPOTE. THE BURGER COMES WITH A DUCK EGG AND GOAT CHEESE. I USUALLY DON'T DRIVE FAR FOR A MEAL BUT THIS PLACE IS WORTH THE TRIP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Bossy waitressarosempDined on 6/1/2014We absolutely LOVED Farmhouse's food and everybody was super friendly, but our waitress. She was bossy and when we said: "can we ask you something about the menú?". She answered with a definite "No" because she wanted the rest of the part to arrive instead of having to explain things twice. If the Army needed waitresses, she would be perfect for the Job... Not so perfect for family brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Summer Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014When you smell the smoker from a block away, you know it's going to be good. Sunday brunch on the Farmhouse patio did not disappoint. You might not want to sit right in front of the smoker. Limited menu but staff are open to variations and very eager to please. Poached eggs on baked squash was yummy. Traditionalists will want to stick to the classic Benny. Would absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MScopelDined on 5/31/2014We went to Farmhouse Tavern last Saturday night for dinner. The weather was great, so we were happy to sit outside on the patio. The gin & St. Germain & basil cocktail we had was very tasty and refreshing. The food was amazing. We split the duck 4 ways, foie gras is one of my favs. We had the aspargus appetizer and the ontario trout for dinner. The staff were all friendly and very attentive, they were also great with suggesting wine pairing with what we ordered. I would recommend this restuarant to friends, and I have. I live in the Junction, so it is close for me, but it is definitely worth the drive even if you don't.Special Features:
- Burger!mchanDined on 5/31/2014I am in love with their barnyard burger! I will travel from Oakville just to eat this burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.