1627 Dupont Street
Toronto, ON M6P 3S8Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://farmhousetavern.tumblr.com/
- Phone: 4165619114x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Small Mid-Day Menu : Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Thursday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Executive Chef: Tom Wade
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private "HUNT CAMP' room seats 9-12ppl at one high top table.
A word from FARMHOUSE Tavern
Serving FARMHOUSEhospitality. Rooted in the charming influences of the rural Ontario farmhouse. A little bit country/ A lot rock & roll. Cooking a blackboard menu of #FARMdrivenFOOD. Pouring Ontario craft brews + VQA juice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCanadian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
FARMHOUSE Tavern - Best Restaurants in The Junction ›
FARMHOUSE Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (64)great for brunch (49)great for outdoor dining (40)special occasion (19)hot spot (17)good for groups (13)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (11)romantic (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Both food and service were amazing. Interesting cocktails and a good Ontario wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Fantastic FoodF1nKDined on 8/22/2014Service was top notch. Though they do not have a kids menu the kitchen accommodated us very we'll. Food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSatisfiedDinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014never disappointed - we love this place - took some friends for brunch on Sunday August 16th, 2014 and now they are hooked! Keep up the excellent work.Special Features:
- A gem in the junctionSurenity82Dined on 8/16/2014Great little place in the Junction. Great to know that ingredients are locally sourced. Very chill vibe but something elegant about the atmosphere. Had the Barnyard Burger and Ploughman's Platter. Overall, looking forward to going again. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotSubeckyDined on 7/27/2014Recently had brunch on a Sunday for a group of six and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The space is quite nice although the cowhide benches aren't the most comfortable when wearing shorts or a skirt. The brunch menu may be limited but everything on it was delicious. Pancakes were great but the order was somewhat small. Great burger, great eggs benny, great house bacon, and their coffee is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysjnmkeDined on 7/20/2014Farmhouse Tavern has become one of our favourite spots in town for a special meal. Casual vibe, but spectacular food that takes full advantage of fresh ingredients and the flavours added by the smoker. The fish dish was one of the best pieces of fish that I have had in years. Possibly too salty for some, but it was reminiscent of the very best grilled fish that I have had in Japan, complemented by a vegetable puree and other garnishes.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchKKScheidDined on 7/13/2014Farmhouse was outstanding - delicious food, super cute atmosphere. Had birthday brunch with my parents... everyone thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Staff were very accommodating of food allergies, provided excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Waitresses was great. Great service. Food was overpriced for what you get. Pretty mediocre.Special Features:
- Highs and Lowschew20Dined on 7/5/2014The only reason i might go back is for the burger. The duck 3 ways was overrated. The farmers plough could have used more than the 2 meager bread wedges. We asked for extra bread- needed it for the pate. P.S. I like to eat my few rashes of bacon with some bread as well. We were charged an extra $1.00 for 2 more meager bread wedges. A total scam! If you are going to advertise your dish as a FARMERS whatever, remember FARMERS have big appetites. I expect to see some more bread. I hate to harp on it but accompaniments to food have to be thoughtful. This wasn't. The pickled veggies were wilted. Rib eye wasn't cooked as order & when it was refired, the sides were missing! By they time they came back, our rib eye was cold. Sides looked less too!
- Would be better with easy fixesmgfrDined on 6/29/2014Brunch menu too small IMHP. We had the eggs benedict w pork belly & eggs in a nest. Both were v tasty, v pretty and reasonably well-priced, but portions were v small; we left hungry. What's with the literally quarter-sized piece of pork belly under each of my eggs, one of which was entirely hard, rubbery fat? I asked the server if such small pieces of pork are usual and she said "yes" and walked away. Maybe my complaint was too nicely (or passive-aggressively) expressed, but walking away is never a response to a customer's polite irritation. And I get the farmhouse aesthetic is "keeping it real", but those hard scratchy concrete patio tables have to go. Plus, rethink firing up the smoker during service - I had to shower when I got home.
- bunsDined on 6/26/2014Service was very friendly and casual. Really good. Food was interesting and delicious. Staff was very interested in feedback BUT quite pricey! Restaurant is very low key really like a neighbourhood restaurant until the bill arrives. Now we'll go for special occasions.Special Features:
- Fun times!laurinkim1Dined on 6/21/2014we celebrated our anniversary there this weekend. The food was fantastic. We loved the tzaziki with the lamb, the fish was perfect, and the staff was a lot of fun. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and we'll be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okV555Dined on 6/19/2014Wasn't anything great. Ribeye came out undercooked and just tasted weird, and ploughmans platter was overpriced and not good at all.Special Features:
- Food was just okayDecadeVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great service, fantastic presentation but ultimately the flavour wasn't there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and innovative, but....npzFLVIPDined on 6/12/2014While the food was very good, the menu choices are very limited. If you like what's there, great. Otherwise, not so much. The decor on the patio is great. Car and tractor parts used as wall planters and table bases. But the idea of using concrete patio slabs as tabletops really does not work due to the textured non slip side of the stone. The restaurant's smoker is at the south end of the patio, and although we were not sitting near it (and others were right next to it) we still came home smelling like we had been on a canoe trip. Staff were very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- ILNYFoodDined on 6/7/2014Overall experience was lovely and we enjoyed our food. However, if you have a party of 4 or more ask to be seated at a dining table not a little bistro table. There were 5 of us seated at 2 tiny bistro tables pushed together and that left very little room for food or drinks. The menu is interesting but when we asked the waiter to explain our choices he rebuffed with 'Are you really interested in knowing about every dish?" He only wanted to inform us about food we thought we may order. The menu is just of list of titles on a blackboard not very explicit so it what hard to know what we might be interested in. Considering there were roughly 12 items to explain of which the asparagus and soup were self-explanitory was it really asking a lot?Special Features:
- Delicious meal but expensive...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Great relaxed atmosphere, food was delicious. But I did get a surprise with the bill....was expecting 50 per person, then tip....all in 80. A bit much.Special Features:
- THIS PLACE IS WORTH THE TRIPfoodieVIPDined on 6/1/2014MISMATCHED GLASSES AND CHAIRS, A VINTAGE STOVE AND AN OPEN KITCHEN. JUST LIKE DINNER ON THE FARM, ONLY BETTER!! HAVING BEEN FOR BOTH DINNER AND BRUNCH I CAN REPORT THE FOOD IS GREAT AT BOTH. IF I KNEW EGGS COULD TASTE SO GOOD I WOULD HAVE THEM MORE OFTEN. MINE WERE POACHED THEN BATTERED IN PANCO BREAD CRUMBS AND FLASHED FRIED, SERVED WITH A HUNK OF GREAT TOASTED BREAD AND SOME WONDERFUL PROCUITTO. OH, DID I MENTION THE AMAZING CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD WITH A WARM BERRY COMPOTE. THE BURGER COMES WITH A DUCK EGG AND GOAT CHEESE. I USUALLY DON'T DRIVE FAR FOR A MEAL BUT THIS PLACE IS WORTH THE TRIP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Bossy waitressarosempDined on 6/1/2014We absolutely LOVED Farmhouse's food and everybody was super friendly, but our waitress. She was bossy and when we said: "can we ask you something about the menú?". She answered with a definite "No" because she wanted the rest of the part to arrive instead of having to explain things twice. If the Army needed waitresses, she would be perfect for the Job... Not so perfect for family brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Summer Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014When you smell the smoker from a block away, you know it's going to be good. Sunday brunch on the Farmhouse patio did not disappoint. You might not want to sit right in front of the smoker. Limited menu but staff are open to variations and very eager to please. Poached eggs on baked squash was yummy. Traditionalists will want to stick to the classic Benny. Would absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MScopelDined on 5/31/2014We went to Farmhouse Tavern last Saturday night for dinner. The weather was great, so we were happy to sit outside on the patio. The gin & St. Germain & basil cocktail we had was very tasty and refreshing. The food was amazing. We split the duck 4 ways, foie gras is one of my favs. We had the aspargus appetizer and the ontario trout for dinner. The staff were all friendly and very attentive, they were also great with suggesting wine pairing with what we ordered. I would recommend this restuarant to friends, and I have. I live in the Junction, so it is close for me, but it is definitely worth the drive even if you don't.Special Features:
- Burger!mchanDined on 5/31/2014I am in love with their barnyard burger! I will travel from Oakville just to eat this burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014great food with a very creative slant. You would not expect the lamb shanks in a "meatloaf" but great!!! And duck is really a star here. Definitely a treat for carnivores, but the veggies are really well prepared. the beets taste like a "campfire", very evocative!Special Features:
- Great if you live in that areavjb76Dined on 5/25/2014Farmhouse Tavern is great. The food is interesting and complex and the service is very attentive and friendly. The only downside is its location. Unless you live in Toronto, and maybe even in the area where the restaurant is located, it's a bit of a trek. We were in town for an extended weekend and made reservations without knowing how far away from our hotel the restaurant was. After brunch, we had to travel all the way back to our hotel. The good news is that we are adventurous and decided to walk to Ossington Street and take in some shops and sights in that part of town before boarding some City Bikes to take in the rest of the city. Overall, the restaurant was great. I just wish it wasn't so far out of the way.Special Features:
- Great local foodKmw07Dined on 5/23/2014The only reason I didn't give a 5 star was because it took a long time to get our food. Otherwise the food was great as well as the drink selection. Server was very knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot for seeing friendsBryceDined on 5/18/2014Super service and tummy menu. Tasty and delicious, a place to revisit for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerkellysparklesDined on 5/11/2014I took my mom here for a mother's day dinner and though the chalkboard menu had us feeling a bit skeptical at first; we were both extremely impressed by the quality of food as well as the service. My mother especially loved the decor as it was exactly as the name of the restaurant suggests-- "farm-esque". My mom had the 14oz rib eye which was cooked and seasoned to perfection and came with a side of rustic looking french fries. I had the beef ribs which were juicy, amazing and a lot less messy than I was anticipating. We both definitely plan to come back to try more of the amazing food.Special Features:
- Solid cookingGYimDined on 5/10/2014We had the trout as well as the ribeye steak. Both were done as ordered, fish was tender, moist with crispy non-oily skin. Steak was tender, flavourful with nice charring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerTODined on 5/3/2014Fabulous! I'll be dreaming about that burger for days! My sis was impressed with the vegetarian main, and the chef had no problem altering my friends plate to accomodate her hate on for beets. Everyone loved their food! Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 46 reviews are from the FARMHOUSE Tavern reviews archive.
- KICKED out!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014Made a reservation 2 weeks in advance for a Saturday night w/ another couple. Arrived to be seated near front door where we proceeded to be blown away by gusts of cold air that came in every time the door was opened. We asked to be reseated and were told all other tables were taken. Hostess made an attempt at first to keep the curtains in front of the door closed, but quickly lost interest. We wore our jackets all evening. Ordered a lot of food-Drinks, apps, several courses, dessert, coffee. We were told to leave at the 2.5 hour mark for another reservation. When we made the reservation, we were not informed that we'd be on the clock. Too many great dining options in TO to put up w/ treatment like this. Take your $ elsewhere, we will.
- brunch menu too smallkalleDined on 4/13/2014Although the food I ordered was really good, there was very little choice on the menu for brunch. just a few more items would have been good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeping With The Farm ThemeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Keeping with the farm theme is a quote from our waiter when someone was asking for herbal tea. He didn't say it in a nasty way, but he made us all laugh. The food was great - the flavors were great - the atmosphere was great - the service was great - the drinks were great - - all round a great evening.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!GeneralTsoDined on 4/12/2014What a great neighbourhood boite! Delicious, creative food artfully prepared and plated, served by competent and friendly waitstaff. Definitely worth the drive across town. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- The food was delicious! WouldBritsyDined on 4/12/2014The food was delicious! Would definitely recommed and will defintely be back :)Special Features:
- Awesome brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014The squash was delicious. Made a perfect brunch dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Big BirdShebeeDined on 4/10/2014A whole duck. Smoked breast and confit legs over root veg. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I feel like I am eating in New YorkfoodieVIPDined on 4/10/2014I didn't know what to expect when dining at this little gem of a restaurant. It has a compact menu with only 5 mains and a few appetizers and 2 desserts. Everything we tried was fabulous and everything on the neighbouring tables looked wonderful. The Trout was light and dressed well. The lamb was served in a most interesting way. The burger with a fried egg on top looked amazing, with home cooked fries. Someone was having the $100 bird, so we got to se the presentation of the duck. It could feed up to 4 people and looked amazing. The chocolate pudding and the rubarb tart were both superb. We will now become loyal customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday NightSteveDined on 4/6/2014We went for the 1/2 price food after 9pm special on Sunday night. It was well worth staying up late despite the workday on Monday. The food is smashing, the service was very friendly and we had a great seat by the window. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Farm in TownFredDined on 4/6/2014The Farmhouse gets great reviews for its food, and I am sure, of it other amenities. We had made a last minute decision to check it out (instead of our usual Sunday night favourite pho shop), as it was tax season and, I had been reading about it for some time. Also we were driving through the junction weekly, seeing the outside, was wanting to give it a try. Cocktails were right tasty, food was delish and well presented (one of only two places I have actually taken a picture of my food - other was Keriwa Cafe). Our only concern was that after the cocktails were done and we weren't ordering more liquor(?), our waitress seemed to disappear and I actually had to go to the bar myself to get additional water for my glass. Otherwise YUM!Special Features:
- Hidden GemMarieDined on 4/5/2014Fantastic restaurant in the Junction. We went for brunch on a Saturday and had no problems getting a table for 2. There were only 5 items on the menu but that was all we really needed. Food was amazing, service was great. A little on the higher side vs. traditional diner brunches but definitely worth it. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.