Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
7871 River Rd
Forestville, CA 95436Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.farmhouseinn.com/restaurant-0/
- Phone: (707) 887-3300
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Dinner: Thursday - Monday: open 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Steve Litke
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
Nestled in the heart of the Russian River Valley wine region, the "country-chic" Farmhouse is a Michelin One Star (*) restaurant, a top Zagat reviewed restaurant for the entire San Francisco Bay Area and has been a San Francisco Chronicle's Top 100 Restaurant four years running. Chef Steve Litke offers "sublime" seasonal California-French cuisine showcasing local, artisan ingredients. Maitre d', Christopher Fohner ensures Farmhouse's signature "pampering", "knowledgeable" service, as well as overseeing the ever-changing array of local and international artisan cheeses, served tableside. Wine Director, Geoff Kruth has assembled a "top-notch" wine list, of world-class wines, emphasizing the finest gems of Sonoma County. The Farmhouse also offers luxury accommodations for those who feel inclined to extend the experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Forestville ›
Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (85)special occasion (81)romantic (77)notable wine list (60)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent Experience in all ways, food, service.BlessedDined on 11/21/2014Always a wonderful experience that we look forward to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great spot for special occasionsGordonBDined on 11/20/2014The service, from the maitre de to the waiters, the sommelier and assistants was perfect: attentive but unobtrusive, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. My crab "hash" appetizer was very good but the pork belly part of it was a little too fatty for my taste. No idea why they described it as "hash" either. My ribeye steak and potato, celery root and leek "risotto" was perfection and the serving size was adequate. This was in contrast to my wife's sea bass (I believe halibut is the regular menu item) where the arugula, for example, was pureed and consisted of merely a few "Nike swoosh" decorations on the plate. She went back to the delicious bread to help satisfy her appetite. I though the "Chocolate x-3" dessert was great. My wife thought it was too sweet, she would have preferred more bittersweet chocolate. Not withstanding these minor deductions, we will definitely return for other special occasions.Special Features:
- Fantastic EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2014The Farmhouse experience was fabulous. The food is wonderful as well as the wine and service. I highly recommend the wine pairing. We were able to taste wines that we wouldn't ordinarily have tried. Each course was excellent. We are still dreaming of the Chocolate x 3 dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moveablefeastVIPDined on 11/10/2014A very special Birthday dinner. Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit is always outstanding, but the buffalo carpaccio and Dungeness crab hash are shining new additions to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar on all levels!ChristmasStewartDined on 11/9/2014Perfect experience for out first time dining here. The food and service made for the perfect Bday! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperienceMishi64Dined on 11/9/2014Farmhouse Inn is an extraordinary experience, we go at least twice a year for special occasions. They have completed re-modeling the property and it is truly magical. We sat out at the fire pits, prior to dinner, and shared a lovely bottle of wine and you felt as if you we removed from the hustle and bustle of life. AL of us (4) had a phenomenal evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great1runr2Dined on 11/9/2014Been coming for 5 years and will always go when in wine countrySpecial Features:
- dinner at The FarmhouseLuvGoodFoodDined on 11/9/2014It was perfect in every sense! I would recommend it anyone who loves good foodSpecial Features:
- Hidden on Russian River RoadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014This new American Cal cuisine is among the best in California, let alone Sonoma and Napa Valleys.have eaten here several times, always better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Right RecipexraytedDined on 10/24/2014Farmhouse is a delightful destination which excels at fine dining in an unpretentious atmosphere. The food was exquisite, the presentation superb and the service very good. There were a few minor missteps but these in no way took away from our excellent experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding!!!!*****CochiseVIPDined on 10/23/2014Simply Splendid! Great wine pairings with the 3 course meal. Service was impecable and delightful. Setting is nice and comfortable. Food is out of this world. I have been to many Michelin restaurants throughout my travels around the planet, and this is a rare and super brilliant diamond among the diamonds. Worth every penny and I found it to be reasonable considering it is a one star Michelin rating. This is a must "go to place" if you are in Santa Rosa, Windsor, Healdsburg, Sabastopol, and Forestville, where it is located. Don't miss an opportunity to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinner!FrombigislandDined on 10/23/2014We last ate at the Farmhouse 4 years ago and have been thinking of it ever since. It fully lived up to our expectations. The Dungeness Crab Hash was wonderful and the Autumn Salad for dessert was a perfect ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special dinner!LuvFoodDined on 10/20/2014The food and service were both impeccable. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The food had outstanding presentation and taste and the menu was unique. It is great to go for a special occasion or any time you want to treat yourself.Special Features:
- FABULOUS experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Everyone and everything about this experience was perfect and I'm hard to please when it comes to food and ambiance. A wonderful gem in the heart of Sonoma County.Special Features:
- Memorable dinnerHulagirlDined on 10/16/2014Great ambiance. Food is prepared to perfection keeping the natural flavor of each ingredients. Staff are friendly and attentitive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmhouse InnOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014This is a special occasion, culinary state-of-the-art restaurant. You won't get the casual, elegant perfection of a Chez Panisse, but you wil get perfection of sort. Each small dish is carefully prepared and impecably presented. Since the dishes are small, the four-course menu will not be too much food for most diners. A little gem of a restaurant tucked away among the vineyards in Forestville, CA - terrific!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/6/2014Very difficult to find in the dark, we were a little late. However well worth the trip. Everything was excellant and unusual!Special Features:
- One of the best meals everDoclindaDined on 10/6/2014Everything was excellent. The portions were not large but by the end of the 3 courses we were pleasantly full of great food. The mango soufflé was my most favorite dessert in living memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014The food at this place is exceptional, and the meal was well paced. It is easy to get reservations, and it is not pretentious. I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, and it was nice that they printed "happy birthday" at the top of the menu and allowed us to bring it home. Aside from that, I was a little disappointed that the dessert included with our four-course prix fixe did not at least come with a candle nor did any of the staff verbally wish him happy birthday. Also, this is the first Michelin star restaurant I've been to where there weren't any petit fours at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- Kbe47Dined on 10/2/2014Farmhouse restaurant food is by far the best in Sonoma County. Prices are on the high end but this a case of getting what you pay for.Special Features:
- Knows good food1935SFredDined on 9/20/2014Our 4th and (sob sob) final dining experience for this year. Sadly, we return to the culinary wasteland of Tucson, Arizona shortly!! What can I say that I have not previously stated? Nothing! Dining at The Farmhouse Inn is wonderful, expensive, yes, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsVAexpatDined on 9/19/2014Informal, intimate, pristine setting with no attitude and excellent service. Tasting menu with paired wines is well worth it and relatively well-priced. Creative selections, too. Best soufflé ever. Loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing and the sommelier very knowledgeable, I would recommend doing the wine pairings.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerswissmissDined on 9/7/2014I went to the farmhouse with friends for my birthday dinner. From the moment we entered the restaurant everything was perfect. They poured us a complimentary glass of sparkling wine before the meal. The Chef sent out an amazing trio of amuse bouche. We all chose a variety of selections from the menu and shared tastes. It was all fabulous especially my choice of the guinea hen with mission figs and chantrelle mushrooms. Finished with a chocolate soufflé ... perfection!Special Features:
- THE BESTpaulVIPDined on 9/6/2014A SUPERB PLACE BEAUTIFUL FOOD GREAT WINE LIST VERY FRIENDLY PROFESSIONAL SERVICE A CHARMING ROOM DEFINITELY BEST IN SONOMA AND ONE OF THE BEST IN AMERICASpecial Features:
- Lovely evening as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014Ideal restaurant for special evening out. The food is delicious and plated so beautifully. We are always impressed with presentation and flavor! Absolutely wonderful. Service is impeccable. Every detail is taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysTravelerDined on 9/5/2014Great food and wonderful wine pairing with the courses. It is expensive though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for Foodies808foodieDined on 9/4/2014Food--****Very Good (Gazpacho, Grilled Octopus, Beef Tenderloins, Pork Tenderloins and Rabbit) Service--*Poor more than 1.5 hours to receive our mid courses was way too long of a wait. 2 baskets of bread were devoured before finally receiving our entrees. Even though the food was Very Good, we would NOT return to this restaurant due to the VERY POOR service. We were the last to leave because we received our entrees nearly 2 hours after having placed our orders.Special Features:
- Extraordinary diningHoneymoonersDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I visited he Farmhouse Inn and Restaurant during our honeymoon in the Napa/Sonoma region. This was the big meal of the trip and we were not disappointed. We selected the three-course option with wine pairing. Every course was spectacular. The sommelier picked some very interesting and delicious wines that paired perfectly with the food. Yet, the atmosphere was unpretentious and our server was friendly and funny. We loved it. This was the most expensive meal for two I have ever purchased. But, how often does one honeymoon in the bay area?Special Features:
- MandNMandNDined on 9/1/2014We try to dine here once or twice a year, usually for a special occasion. The staff has been remarkably stable over the several years we have been going there and they really know how to make your experience memorable. Somehow they remembered our birthdays, we had not mentioned them on OpenTable, and one long time waitress remembered my home town based on a conversation we had with her a year or two earlier. That attention and the always remarkable food, make the Farmhouse an enduring treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingsdiaDined on 8/30/2014I haven't been here for 10 years, it was outstanding in every way! I brought my sister who had not been here before and has few fine dinning experiences. It was everything I remembered and was a great example of what local, organic, innovative food should be. I was so please and will come back forever.Special Features:
- WonderfulRobblesDined on 8/25/2014This was our second visit to the Farmhouse Inn for dinner in two years (we live on the East Coast). After our first visit, we kept raving about what an incredible experience it had been. I was a little worried that our second visit wouldn't live up to out memory of our first. It absolutely did. Despite being in the middle of expansion constructions, the gardens were still lovely. The staff are attentive, without being invasive. Our waitress, Jen, was personable and funny, providing excellent recommendations (go with the grilled octopus) and made us feel comfortable all evening. We chose to do the four course wine/food pairing. The wine selections made for us were delicious, perfectly complimenting the beautifully prepared courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableSteveoDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic service, wonderful food. All the ingredients for a special eveningSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceFoodAuntDined on 8/11/2014Either three or four course prix fix with wine pairings. Absolutely wonderful food, knowledgeable wait staff in a pleasant setting. The five of us shared and tasted a number of plates and there was not a disappointing item on the table. Bravo to the Inn and their staff. A special thanks to Charles and Allyson.Special Features:
- skipdesertDined on 8/10/2014The dinner was superb, the desert was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Another wonderful experience at the Farmhouse. We decided last minute to try for a spot at our favorite wine country restaurant. The dining room was full but Christopher graciously accommodated our foursome in the lobby area and took excellent care of our table himself. The food, as usual, was sublime but it is the warm and professional service that keeps us coming back. One is left feeling like a treasured friend rather than a guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmhouse InnWeEatWellDined on 8/8/2014We had a fabulous meal. The service & ambiance are excellent. The food is fabulous! My sister has eaten in all the finest restaurants in San Francisco, Washington DC & Europe where she lived for many years & The Farmhouse Inn is one of her favorites!Special Features:
- Another great mealDonfVIPDined on 8/7/2014Farmhouse Inn gets it all right. Food, ambience and service are excellent. However this is definitely not a place for kids. No matter how well (or not) behaved their parents think they are, it is a mistake that has consequences for the rest of the diners. Adult dining at its best, so leave the kids at home with a babysitter.Special Features:
- Top Choice for DiningfuzzcheeksVIPDined on 8/4/2014We've eaten at a number of Michelin-starred restaurants in the area, and the Farmhouse is one of the best. It offers really delicious food in an unpretentious atmosphere, and the portions are more than ample.
- sonoma starneofoodieDined on 8/3/2014A tempting menu of delectable selections made the ordering process difficult. the very knowledgeable wait staff helped us out and his enthusiasm for each of the dishes infected us anticipation. it was a casual setting but presentation was spot on - elegant, tasty, and true to their theme, all of the food seemed fresh out of the ground or water. we knew salmon were running in the bay and ordered it -- WOW! the chef did it justice. ditto on the pork - one of us felt it was the best pork he'd ever had. thumbs up to the chef and crew at farmouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.