Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
7871 River Rd
Forestville, CA 95436Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.farmhouseinn.com/restaurant-0/
- Phone: 7078873300x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Dinner: Thursday - Monday: open 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Steve Litke
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
Nestled in the heart of the Russian River Valley wine region, the "country-chic" Farmhouse is a Michelin One Star (*) restaurant, a top Zagat reviewed restaurant for the entire San Francisco Bay Area and has been a San Francisco Chronicle's Top 100 Restaurant four years running. Chef Steve Litke offers "sublime" seasonal California-French cuisine showcasing local, artisan ingredients. Maitre d', Christopher Fohner ensures Farmhouse's signature "pampering", "knowledgeable" service, as well as overseeing the ever-changing array of local and international artisan cheeses, served tableside. Wine Director, Geoff Kruth has assembled a "top-notch" wine list, of world-class wines, emphasizing the finest gems of Sonoma County. The Farmhouse also offers luxury accommodations for those who feel inclined to extend the experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Forestville ›
Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (75)special occasion (69)romantic (68)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (12)scenic view (3)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- FABULOUS experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Everyone and everything about this experience was perfect and I'm hard to please when it comes to food and ambiance. A wonderful gem in the heart of Sonoma County.Special Features:
- Memorable dinnerHulagirlDined on 10/16/2014Great ambiance. Food is prepared to perfection keeping the natural flavor of each ingredients. Staff are friendly and attentitive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmhouse InnOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014This is a special occasion, culinary state-of-the-art restaurant. You won't get the casual, elegant perfection of a Chez Panisse, but you wil get perfection of sort. Each small dish is carefully prepared and impecably presented. Since the dishes are small, the four-course menu will not be too much food for most diners. A little gem of a restaurant tucked away among the vineyards in Forestville, CA - terrific!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/6/2014Very difficult to find in the dark, we were a little late. However well worth the trip. Everything was excellant and unusual!Special Features:
- One of the best meals everDoclindaDined on 10/6/2014Everything was excellent. The portions were not large but by the end of the 3 courses we were pleasantly full of great food. The mango soufflé was my most favorite dessert in living memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014The food at this place is exceptional, and the meal was well paced. It is easy to get reservations, and it is not pretentious. I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, and it was nice that they printed "happy birthday" at the top of the menu and allowed us to bring it home. Aside from that, I was a little disappointed that the dessert included with our four-course prix fixe did not at least come with a candle nor did any of the staff verbally wish him happy birthday. Also, this is the first Michelin star restaurant I've been to where there weren't any petit fours at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- Kbe47Dined on 10/2/2014Farmhouse restaurant food is by far the best in Sonoma County. Prices are on the high end but this a case of getting what you pay for.Special Features:
- Knows good food1935SFredDined on 9/20/2014Our 4th and (sob sob) final dining experience for this year. Sadly, we return to the culinary wasteland of Tucson, Arizona shortly!! What can I say that I have not previously stated? Nothing! Dining at The Farmhouse Inn is wonderful, expensive, yes, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsVAexpatDined on 9/19/2014Informal, intimate, pristine setting with no attitude and excellent service. Tasting menu with paired wines is well worth it and relatively well-priced. Creative selections, too. Best soufflé ever. Loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing and the sommelier very knowledgeable, I would recommend doing the wine pairings.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerswissmissDined on 9/7/2014I went to the farmhouse with friends for my birthday dinner. From the moment we entered the restaurant everything was perfect. They poured us a complimentary glass of sparkling wine before the meal. The Chef sent out an amazing trio of amuse bouche. We all chose a variety of selections from the menu and shared tastes. It was all fabulous especially my choice of the guinea hen with mission figs and chantrelle mushrooms. Finished with a chocolate soufflé ... perfection!Special Features:
- THE BESTpaulVIPDined on 9/6/2014A SUPERB PLACE BEAUTIFUL FOOD GREAT WINE LIST VERY FRIENDLY PROFESSIONAL SERVICE A CHARMING ROOM DEFINITELY BEST IN SONOMA AND ONE OF THE BEST IN AMERICASpecial Features:
- Lovely evening as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014Ideal restaurant for special evening out. The food is delicious and plated so beautifully. We are always impressed with presentation and flavor! Absolutely wonderful. Service is impeccable. Every detail is taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysTravelerDined on 9/5/2014Great food and wonderful wine pairing with the courses. It is expensive though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for Foodies808foodieDined on 9/4/2014Food--****Very Good (Gazpacho, Grilled Octopus, Beef Tenderloins, Pork Tenderloins and Rabbit) Service--*Poor more than 1.5 hours to receive our mid courses was way too long of a wait. 2 baskets of bread were devoured before finally receiving our entrees. Even though the food was Very Good, we would NOT return to this restaurant due to the VERY POOR service. We were the last to leave because we received our entrees nearly 2 hours after having placed our orders.Special Features:
- Extraordinary diningHoneymoonersDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I visited he Farmhouse Inn and Restaurant during our honeymoon in the Napa/Sonoma region. This was the big meal of the trip and we were not disappointed. We selected the three-course option with wine pairing. Every course was spectacular. The sommelier picked some very interesting and delicious wines that paired perfectly with the food. Yet, the atmosphere was unpretentious and our server was friendly and funny. We loved it. This was the most expensive meal for two I have ever purchased. But, how often does one honeymoon in the bay area?Special Features:
- MandNMandNDined on 9/1/2014We try to dine here once or twice a year, usually for a special occasion. The staff has been remarkably stable over the several years we have been going there and they really know how to make your experience memorable. Somehow they remembered our birthdays, we had not mentioned them on OpenTable, and one long time waitress remembered my home town based on a conversation we had with her a year or two earlier. That attention and the always remarkable food, make the Farmhouse an enduring treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingsdiaDined on 8/30/2014I haven't been here for 10 years, it was outstanding in every way! I brought my sister who had not been here before and has few fine dinning experiences. It was everything I remembered and was a great example of what local, organic, innovative food should be. I was so please and will come back forever.Special Features:
- WonderfulRobblesDined on 8/25/2014This was our second visit to the Farmhouse Inn for dinner in two years (we live on the East Coast). After our first visit, we kept raving about what an incredible experience it had been. I was a little worried that our second visit wouldn't live up to out memory of our first. It absolutely did. Despite being in the middle of expansion constructions, the gardens were still lovely. The staff are attentive, without being invasive. Our waitress, Jen, was personable and funny, providing excellent recommendations (go with the grilled octopus) and made us feel comfortable all evening. We chose to do the four course wine/food pairing. The wine selections made for us were delicious, perfectly complimenting the beautifully prepared courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableSteveoDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic service, wonderful food. All the ingredients for a special eveningSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceFoodAuntDined on 8/11/2014Either three or four course prix fix with wine pairings. Absolutely wonderful food, knowledgeable wait staff in a pleasant setting. The five of us shared and tasted a number of plates and there was not a disappointing item on the table. Bravo to the Inn and their staff. A special thanks to Charles and Allyson.Special Features:
- skipdesertDined on 8/10/2014The dinner was superb, the desert was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Another wonderful experience at the Farmhouse. We decided last minute to try for a spot at our favorite wine country restaurant. The dining room was full but Christopher graciously accommodated our foursome in the lobby area and took excellent care of our table himself. The food, as usual, was sublime but it is the warm and professional service that keeps us coming back. One is left feeling like a treasured friend rather than a guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmhouse InnWeEatWellDined on 8/8/2014We had a fabulous meal. The service & ambiance are excellent. The food is fabulous! My sister has eaten in all the finest restaurants in San Francisco, Washington DC & Europe where she lived for many years & The Farmhouse Inn is one of her favorites!Special Features:
- Another great mealDonfVIPDined on 8/7/2014Farmhouse Inn gets it all right. Food, ambience and service are excellent. However this is definitely not a place for kids. No matter how well (or not) behaved their parents think they are, it is a mistake that has consequences for the rest of the diners. Adult dining at its best, so leave the kids at home with a babysitter.Special Features:
- Top Choice for DiningfuzzcheeksVIPDined on 8/4/2014We've eaten at a number of Michelin-starred restaurants in the area, and the Farmhouse is one of the best. It offers really delicious food in an unpretentious atmosphere, and the portions are more than ample.
- sonoma starneofoodieDined on 8/3/2014A tempting menu of delectable selections made the ordering process difficult. the very knowledgeable wait staff helped us out and his enthusiasm for each of the dishes infected us anticipation. it was a casual setting but presentation was spot on - elegant, tasty, and true to their theme, all of the food seemed fresh out of the ground or water. we knew salmon were running in the bay and ordered it -- WOW! the chef did it justice. ditto on the pork - one of us felt it was the best pork he'd ever had. thumbs up to the chef and crew at farmouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knows good food1935SFredDined on 7/31/2014FABULOUS in all respects!!! There were 3 of us for dinner but I will only give you my choices: The Farmhouse BLT salad, Halibut and the Apricot soufflé. Portions are small but when the food is great one does not need large portions and you feel very satisfied not stuffed. Of course with vineyards all around the area, the wine was superb. Would we go again, YOU BET!! Remember that this is not one of your low priced eateries. My dining companions loved their meals as well as I did.Special Features:
- Top 5phoodieDined on 7/28/2014It's going into my "top five meals" list; bumping off a big Vegas name. Ask for Charles to serve you. He's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAnushaDined on 7/26/2014I'm not sure who gives the Michelin start rating, but for my husband and myself this wasn't it. We were seated promptly--took about 10 mins. for our server to acknowledge us. The best part about dinner was the dessert - we both ordered the apricot souffle-- absolutely wonderful! My husband had the four course with wine paring--I had the three course with wine paring. We both decided we have had more exciting meals at half the cost in other restaurants.Special Features:
- Disappointing mealDallasdinerVIPDined on 7/24/2014We were disappointed in our meal at The Farmhouse Inn. The food was quite good, although no options for vegetarians - my husband does occasionally eat fish and he had no choice here but to eat fish. Our main complaint was the service. We were seated promptly and our orders were taken, but a full 50 minutes passed before the amuse bouche arrived, followed by the first course. The rest of the meal came out at a good pace, but it is disappointing to finish your wine before any food arrives! The temperature in the room was stiflingly hot - warm day and ineffective air conditioning. In all, felt we paid a high price for a forgettable experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014This was the second time dining there and every bit of the high expectations were met. All choices of food and wine for my wife and I were really great; service was highly attentive...a perfect dining out evening!Special Features:
- Impeccable.Some1ntkchnwdinerDined on 7/20/2014Excellent food. Supreme service. Attentive staff who absolutely did not rush us, but who materialized when anything was needed. Interesting food, beautifully prepared.Special Features:
- Delicious!!BEbeDined on 7/18/2014If you're into amazing food paired with great wine, this will be your new favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- RossiDined on 7/11/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner here. I am sorry that we had not come to the Farmhouse earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Place for Special FriendspetergDined on 7/11/2014This is a perfect place to have a special dinner with that special friend. The menu has both a few perpetual favorites and seasonal specials. The next time, I'm going to ask Charles to pick my four-course dinner. The wine selection is excellent which includes some of our favorite locals. I suggest asking the sommelier for guidance.Special Features:
- An evening to rememberIRunToEatDined on 7/10/2014We celebrated our 33rd Anniversary at the Farmhouse Inn. The service was top notch and the food was superb. They even had menus printed for us that said Happy Anniversary at the top. Perfect place to celebrate any special occasion.Special Features:
- Lovely place on River RoadJoseph1Dined on 7/7/2014A lovely dining experience capturing the Russian River ambience and using local wines, cheeses, vegetables and seafoods and meats in a creative and wonderful waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Farmhouse InnJanessDined on 7/3/2014I think it's not an exaggeration to say that dinner at the Farmhouse Inn rivals the best restaurants anywhere in the world. The setting is beautiful, the food is spectacular, and the service is attentive without being overbearing. My husband and I have our birthday dinners there each year, and the evening begins with a menu printed personally for us (our name at the top). From appetizer to dessert, the tastes and presentations are exceptional. I can't recommend it highly enough.Special Features:
- Some dishes were greatbayarearesVIPDined on 6/28/2014I took my husband there for his birthday dinner. We both ordered the 4 course prix fix, he had the wine pairing. The first couple of courses were good, the pairing was fine, mind you, almost all French and Italian. Thought we're in Sonoma! About 1/2 way through dinner, the restaurant started getting busy, and things started deteriorating. The wine pairing started lagging in timing, coming considerably after the dishes were served. Then my sea bass came, it was overcooked and chewy. I told the waitress, and she said she can have the kitchen prepare another piece, but not before she educated me that sea bass is a chewy fish. Really? Finally the bill came, they charged us 2 wine pairing! They did fix the bill after I pointed it out.Special Features:
- The following 781 reviews are from the Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant reviews archive.