Farmers Fishers Bakers Sushi
3000 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Farmers Fishers Bakers Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.farmersfishersbakers.com/
- Phone: 2022988783
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Thomas Park
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wine
- Catering: No catering is offered from the Sushi Bar.
- Special Events: No special events are offered at the Sushi Bar.
- Cross Street: Thomas Jefferson Street, NW
- Public Transit: The closest Metro stop is on the Orange/Blue line at GW/Foggy Bottom station, approximately 8 blocks away, about a 12 minute walk. The red Circulator bus stops in front of The Washington Harbour complex on K St. NW.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is secure underground hourly parking available in the Washington Harbour garage, with quick and protected access to the restaurant. There are two additional garages located within a block of the restaurant. Paid meter parking on K street and adjacent streets is also available.
A word from Farmers Fishers Bakers Sushi
The 12-seat, reservation-only Sushi Bar at Farmers Fishers Bakers offers a truly unique experience in a sea of ordinary and expected. Overseen by the talented Executive Sushi Chef Thomas Park, the menu has been guided by experience and skills developed under 2011 James Beard award winning Chef Tyson Cole at Uchi and Uchiko in Austin, TX. The menu blends farmhouse ingredients with the flavors and Asian cultural traditions of sushi making, for unique combinations with scratch-made sauces and an unstructured and comfortable experience. Choose from top-quality nigiri, handcrafted rolls, and one-of-a-kind chef’s plates. All selections respect sustainability and seasonality, using only the freshest fish from abundant sources.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Farmers Fishers Bakers Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
- Rude serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/23/2013Terrible service, waited 30 mins to order, surley server, none of our plates got cleared, just a terrible experience over all.
- Amazing amazing food and expertOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/16/2013Amazing amazing food and expert knowledge about the sushi menu. Would return and order everything again plus more!Special Features:
- Georgetown Waterfront Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/23/2013The sushi bar at Farmers Fishers Bakers give you a great view of the chefs creating their unique rolls and dishes and you can get their recommendations. The tuna tartare is not to be missed. They also have great cocktails and a large on-tap beer selection and you have access to order from the rest of the expansive menu.Special Features:
- The best sushi I've had yetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013The best sushi I've had yet in DC. Unique and flavorful.Special Features:
- I'll go back...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2013Very high quality, very inventive sushi menu well designed for those who like sushi but usually stick to the less challenging things on the menu. Hands down the best spicy tuna roll I've ever had. We were there at 8:30 on a Sunday and service was really good. They made an error and immediately corrected it. Not an eat there every day price but worth what we paid. We stuck to sushi.Special Features:
- fatty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/22/2013Huge portions of fattening bland food. Cheesecake Factory customers will like this place.Special Features:
- Managerial MakeoverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013Made a reservation and was treated horribly by the management staff/hostesses - don't even bother trying to call or ask questions they will likely ignore/dismiss your question and hang up the phone on you. If the food weren't so good I would probably never return. Waiter was engaging and very knowledgeable as were the sushi chefs. Food is fantastic! Anything sushi is a must have as are the crab cakes. Plus the sushi leaves room for desserts that are to die for.Special Features:
- We made a reservation at theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013We made a reservation at the sushi bar. The food is awesome. The sushi chief is very good. But the service was very bad : our waitress literally forgot us.
- Sushi was very good. WhileOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/4/2013Sushi was very good. While they have typical rolls, the chef creations are mainly fish and quite wonderful. At first, the chefs seemed busy and didn't talk to us, but once they warmed up we had a great experience. Fish was very fresh (as a picky sushi lover from LA, this is a prized find in DC!)Special Features:
- Good Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Having wanted to find a fun place to celebrate New Year's that has a nice ambiance and a variety of good food, I would have to say Farmers Fishers Bakers Sushi fit into both. The Sushi & Blue Cheese Burger were phenomenal but the service was poor. Our waitress was intoxicated from having taken shots with other customers and ended up spilling soy sauce on my my dates' expensive new shirt (meant for this special New Year's occasion)which is now ruined. The General Manager was of no help, our meal (which did not amount to the cost of the shirt) was comped and handed us a dry cleaning ticket, choosing not to pay for the cost of the ruined shirt. Due to this poor service, we will go elsewhere when visiting the Washington area.Special Features:
- Christmas '12 diningJeffVIPDined on 12/25/2012My 1st time dining at Farmers Fishers on Christmas evening. Had a great server in Nicole who was really informative with her suggestions and clearly knew her stuff. The food is OK . . . stuck to sushi rolls mostly and would recommend the pork belly roll the most out of the menu selection.
- This was a promising and tastyRickVIPDined on 12/25/2012This was a promising and tasty first dinner at this new incarnation of the restaurant, but it is still a work in progress. Reservations on Open Table for the sushi bar are separate from those for the rest of the restaurant, a fact that was not apparent to me when I made my reservation, leading to some confusion in our seating and the food we could order. But the restaurant is very attractive and has a nice view of Washington Harbor and the Potomac River. The menu is very large, with lots of unusual and interesting options, and the food we ordered was all very good. A standout was the onion rings: huge, thick and covered with a crispy, un-greasy coating. The portions were all generous, but I ate every bite. Will be back for more!Special Features:
- InventiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/24/2012This is a review of the sushi bar, a wonderful experience. We ate mostly off the chefs tasting menu and the food was inventive, nicely plated and not the sort of items you would prepare at home. It was a show in itself watching the sushi chef blowtorch our scallop then carefully slice it up for plating. Spence shrimp looks lovely with large chilled shrimp standing up in a small Ball jjar surrounded by brightly colored pickled vegetables. The flounder ceviche style, a special that evening was tossed with delicious cubes of pressed melon, but it did leave us wishing for more fish in the mix. The house made lime cubes were a nice taste surprise. Service was helpful, the restaurant is one we will return to.
- No sushi for vegetariansAvidDCDinerVIPDined on 12/21/2012I was very disappointed that they had no vegetarian sushi on the menu and wouldn't accommodate a vegetarian. The guy at the sushi bar simply said no when our server asked him. That said, both of my friends loved everything the ordered from the sushi menu; they particularly loved the crunchy tuna rolls. I had to order of the normal restaurant menu and was very happy with my order, although I was craving sushi. We liked being able to sit and watch them make the sushi and how much care they put into it. The cocktails and desserts were delicious. My favorite dessert so far has been either the coconut cream cake or the oatmeal cookie with butter beer ice cream in a ball jar.Special Features:
- Good food, poor service...krtkrtDined on 12/15/2012We were very excited since we had a great dinner experience at Founding Farmers... but boy were we disappointed! Firstly, we had to wait 30 minutes despite having a reservation (strike 1). The food was amazing, but the service... not so much. Being in the hospitality industry ourselves, it bothers us to pieces whenever we hear a server use the word, "No." and of course that's exactly what he said to us (strike 2). There are SO many other ways one can convey their inability to accomodate: "unfortunately...", "I apologize but...", "I'm so sorry..." Strike 3 was our server forgetting to bring over our drinks on more than one occassion. The staff clealry need additional training on how to handle the rush & I hope they get it soon!Special Features:
- variety of sushi was limited,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012variety of sushi was limited, but solid. enjoyed the pork belly 'sushi'. the chef's table is a bit chaotic with randoms trying to take reserved seats. also slightly confusing was the reservation (sushi was wide open, the restaurant was not). At the chef's table, we were able to eat the other parts of the menu in addition to the sushi menu. the restaurant as a whole will be a good addition to the area, looking forward to trying out other parts of their menu. crab dip also good! same sort of drinks as Founding Farmers, also a good thing!Special Features:
- Seemed overwhelmed by allOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2012Seemed overwhelmed by all the business on a Sunday evening....mostly from the huge success of the ice skating rink.Special Features:
- Great food, not so great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2012We're big fans of Founding Farmers so we had high hopes. Unfortunately we didn't have a great experience. No complaints on the food, but we had to wait over 45mins for one sushi roll (and we were sitting at the sushi bar). The majority of our dinner ended up being on the house due to the wait, but we would have been happier with our food in a timely manner. We didn't see our waiter nearly as much as we needed to, and she never once apologized for the wait. However, the two people working the sushi bar were very friendly and apologetic. We're going to try it again, but this time we'll try a table instead of the sushi bar in hopes that we get better service.Special Features:
- Great new place on the waterfront!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/10/2012Great new place on the waterfront! The sushi was delicious! They also have a large menu of other items and an impressive beer selection!Special Features: