108 East Kirkwood
Bloomington, IN 47408Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.farm-bloomington.com/
- Phone: 8123230002
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday: 9:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Daniel Orr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from FARMbloomington
FARMbloomington celebrates the best of the heartland and Indiana. Products and produce utilized in dynamic, innovative and flavorful dishes translate into “real food for real people!”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
FARMbloomington - Best Restaurants in Bloomington ›
FARMbloomington reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (28)great for brunch (18)special occasion (13)great for lunch (12)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Noce SurpriseAlwaysTryingDined on 9/13/2014A nice surprise in Bloomington where most of the fare is "chain usual". Great service in a casual atmosphere. Fresh ingredients, creative selection, all prepared well.Special Features:
- Ate here twice during visitJoyfulVIPDined on 9/11/2014Food was fabulous, as was service. Will definitely return on next visit to BloomingtonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm FreshDeborahVIPDined on 9/7/2014Sundays are sous chef choice night and we really enjoyed all of our dishes. I am looking forward to returning to try chef Orrs menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, wine, and service.DateNiteGuyDined on 9/5/2014Bloomington is blessed with several great restaurants. FarmBloomington is certainly one of them. Great food and wine. Conveniently located right next to the Buskirk-Chumley Theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright & Cheery Farm-House Dining2foodiesVIPDined on 8/21/2014Breakfast was awesome! We had scrambled eggs, grilled cheddar sausage, home fried potatoes, fresh fruit & biscuits with the most delicious apple butter we've ever tasted. Yummy! We loved the coffee there too. The old fashioned tables and chairs, along with hanging quilts create a wonderful farm-house ambience. They even have bed pans from the olden days hanging on the wall outside of the restrooms. It's feels so authentic in there you could almost here the "cluck clucking" of chickens. The service was wonderful -- prompt and friendly. We can't wait to try out the lunch menu next time we are in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!JCS67Dined on 8/19/2014Awesome food, friendly and refined service, fun ambience!Special Features:
- So many outstanding dishesAte2muchagainDined on 8/9/2014Every single entree (5) was a winner. The vegetable sides had so much flavor and were of the highest quality. The fries had an great mix of flavors set off with a hint of lemon. I will be back time and again to try everything on this menu.Special Features:
- Expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The presentation of everything from location, ambiance, to food was perfection. The only problem was the food was not as amazing. The filet mignon was fatty, which I wouldn't expect, and had to skip big portions! The fried fish was very bland, and there was no kick to the tarter sauce. I'm gonna give it another shot and order something different to see if I just got unlucky. The desserts seemed right out of a box. Gosh, I wish I had something better to say. It just wasn't my night.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemcarolVIPDined on 7/20/2014Farmbloomington is a great find. The food was amazing and service excellent! I highly recommend it to anyone who loves good food. The garlic french fries with the homemade chipolte ketsup were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing-Not worth the moneysweetpotatoDined on 7/18/2014We started with the garlic fries, which were good, not spectacular, and the serving was way too large for two people. I had the Eggplant FARMesan, which was an eggplant parmesan (not fried) served with greens. I did not enjoy this dish, but I ate it because it cost $18. The skin was left on the eggplant and the only part I enjoyed was the marinara. My husband had the Lugar burger which was good, but not great. We both agree that Feast makes a much better burger (also with local, organic ingredients). The best part of my meal was the good life salad. We planned on having bread pudding for dessert, but apparently it was still baking at 6 p.m., so we decided to take the check and go elsewhere.
- Birthday lunchSweetpeaVIPDined on 7/15/2014We took my mother here for her 87th birthday and had a pleasant lunch, as usual. The portions for lunch are substantial. Always a great place for a meal of something different.Special Features:
- Great farm to table!AnnaDined on 7/5/2014The food was all excellent, we had both dinner and brunch there during our stay. My only issue is that they still serve HFCS laden soda - which made me question how much stuff in the kitchen was not local sourced either. Beyond that the place is great and I 100% support what they are trying to accomplish - farm to table is awesome!Special Features:
- Downtown eatingsbloomfoodieDined on 6/28/2014FARM is a nice addition to downtown eateries. Appreciated that since the Buskirk Chumley play was out a little early that we were seated earlier than our original reservation. Will keep FARM on the mind for a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014It was a wonderful dining experience. It has become one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great foodSusanVIPDined on 6/15/2014Great food! We had the pizzas and very tasty. I had daddy chicken. It was a lot of food and very good. I wish it was boneless. It was hard to eat. The salad needed to be served separate from the hot chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnerHoosiersDined on 6/7/2014The Farm has been on the Bloomington bucket list for a while. Started dinner with two cocktails then ordered appetizers. The Parmesan Garlic Fries are out of this world (Maybe best in the world?). Also, received the fried green tomatoes sliders(2). Both of these appetizers were delicious. We then ordered a pizza (to go) and the Spicy Mushroom Po - Boy. Every dish was excellently put together and the flavors, oh the flavors. Highly recommend either for cocktails and french fries, brunch, lunch, or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe HagedornOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014The Sunday Brunch is always excellent. My wife try to eat at FARMbloomington whenever we stay over after a game. The biscuits are worthy calories and the Bacon Egg Pizza is a must try for anyone who has not been to FARM (worthy calories too). Victor was our server this past Sunday. He was helpful and attentive, without hovering. Good job Victor!Special Features:
- Highly Recommended!AnnanDined on 5/30/2014We came from Indy for an event in Bloomington with a party of six. Although we couldn't get reservations via Open Table, we took a chance and were surprised to be seated immediately. The food was terrific and the service excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Foodie4lifeDined on 5/25/2014The food was everything we had hoped! We have heard nothing but good things about FARM and were so excited to finally try it out. The night we went, the entire menu was made up and prepared by the Sous chefs and did not disappoint. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Lousy ServiceNLS60614VIPDined on 5/24/2014After a 53 minute wait for our meals, and a good 10-15 for each round of (inconsistent) cocktails, we were happily surprised with the quality of our brunch. Unfortunately, the service was so poor that we question whether we would go back again.Special Features:
- Special treatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014We don't get to Bloomington for dinner often, so when we do, FARM is my destination of choice. I love the colorful, creative decor- "FARM FUN" but not country and relaxed atmosphere. We had an excellent waiter informative, helpful but concise. I had the wild mushroom and sweet pea risotto which was creamy and delicious, topped with a little crunchy bacon or some type of yummy fat for a hint of saltiness. My husband enjoyed the pizza which has pleasantly thin crust topped with goat cheese and banana peppers - nice lightly spicy combination. When we asked what time the restaurant opened the next morning for coffee, our waiter bragged on their excellent house blend and brought us a sample - nice touch!Special Features:
- The following 516 reviews are from the FARMbloomington reviews archive.
- delsDined on 5/17/2014three of us had trout it was very good. excellent bread puddingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Crammed in for poor servicerhinomanDined on 5/17/2014Our table was inches from our neighbors in a linear arrangement on a Saturday night. I was closer to the guy next to me than to my wife, sitting across the table. Food was good but too heavily spiced, peppered and salted for my wife. Service was very slow due to our waiter training another. He was so distracted we were not offered desert and we were in the mood for it to neutralize the spicy food. We went for desert and coffee elsewhere.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerKevinMDDined on 5/11/2014This was a fun find down in Bloomington, IN for Mother's Day. The food was good, but a bit pricey for the experience. My pork loin was tasty and unique, but my wife's beef filet was a bit overcooked. The fries and bread pudding were outstanding. The service was good, but could use some refinement.Special Features:
- Brunch Prix Fixe Menu SadIUin3Dined on 5/10/2014We are a big fan of Farm and have had many lovely meals there, however we were disappointed with the Graduation Brunch menu. The options were limited and did not include some of the menu favorites - and most importantly did not include ANY choices for the meat and potatoes diner - which put a damper on our family meal!! We've done prix fixe during restaurant week in Miami and Grand Rapids, and always felt we were getting great value and delicious choices. This was not the case on Saturday - our food was served lukewarm and had to be reheate (at $25 one expects better quality and presentation) and we were at our table 15 minutes or more before our drinks were served -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhill fastNotafoodieDined on 5/9/2014We went for the special graduation night dinner, which set us back about $80 each, including a round of drinks, but not the tip. The food was not even close to adequate for that amount of money in Bloomington. An overdressed tiny salad with one little shred of fennel, then my chicken was so dry I could not eat it. The DOG had trouble choking it down when I took it home. My wife's beef/noodle special was no better than what you could make at home from canned ingredients. Service was random - lot of lost-looking servers wandering around, but our server was mostly missing until it was time to pay. We have given Farm a lot of chances - it was once one of the best places in town, but this was the last straw. Never again.Special Features:
- Service was lackingotterladyVIPDined on 5/9/2014We ate at FARM during IU's graduation weekend and, as expected, they were really busy. We had problems with service in that we were eating our appetizer when our deserts were delivered. I had a soft drink and asked for a refill which never came. I think the servers were just overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Great Food Great AmbienceKassiGDined on 5/4/2014We ate here before a show at the Bluebird. It is such a cool place, the décor, the people-we absolutely loved it and wish that there was one up here in Indianapolis. We shared the French Fries and the flank steak entrée and of course some cake. The portions were generous and I recommend sampling the local beers and strange as it may sound, the lemonade. It was so satisfying.Special Features:
- Hit the SpotClifDined on 4/25/2014Our first time at FARMbloomington. Nice selection of beers and wine. Loud on a Friday evening. Fun, eclectic crowd. Whimsical decorations. Food was good, but not quite as good as I expected based on word of mouth from friends. We'll return, but we'll keep our expectations more realistic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VARIED EXPERIENCESKLMALINDined on 4/23/2014Booked reservations for a birthday luncheon; they were ready to seat us upon arrival - Great! Ordered the garlic fries; they were out in a flash and delicious - Great! Ordered meals and they arrived in an expedient fashion - Great! Pasta dish and pizza were very good, as usual - Great! Chicken was not up to par with previous visits... coating was burnt and altered the taste negatively - Poor! Had plans after lunch, so had to decline the waitresses offer to bring more chicken out - Great customer service,though! Waitress brought a free dessert for the table to share, as 2 of us had obviously not enjoyed our meals - Very nice! Sad that the birthday boy had a bad meal, but we will be back, as food quality at this venue is typically excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Updated Hoosier favesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Farm does very nice updated versions of traditional local dishes. I love that idea and appreciate Chef Orr's flavor choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014I was there on a very busy day and despite that the service was very good. Waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. Food was excellent! Ambiance is fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JosephDined on 4/19/2014Very good wine at a reasonable price, the food however is a little overpriced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in Bloomington...threegoofygirlsDined on 4/18/2014We had a recommendation to eat here from a parent of an IU student. Great idea. We were able to add 2 more people to our reservation with no problem and our service was excellent. The cocktails were fun and inspired as well as the menu. Delicious and fresh, we will definitely return if our daughter makes IU her college choice. Sure hope she does :)Special Features:
- Excellent first date spotHommedemodeDined on 4/17/2014As long as you're adventurous, FARM has something for you. The hummus or garlic fries are a great starter. She had the risotto which was fantastic. Good consistency and flavor. I had the cowboy filet with ghost pepper, good heat and the meat was cooked smack on medium rare. Dessert was a perfect finish, the meringue was unlike anything I'd ever had. Very light and sweet. Perfect for when you're full, but can't pass up a treat. I highly recommend this to everyone who has the chance to go to FARM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you'd expectbelgaschuVIPDined on 4/13/2014FARM is a great place in downtown Bloomington. It is very much a lazy Sunday brunch kinda place. The food is well prepared and tasty. The only thing is they are so busy, the service is a little slow. Everytime we've wanted to go there, the lines were out the door. I recommend making reservations!Special Features:
- Birthday BummerMinnieny74Dined on 4/10/2014My husband and I showed up to celebrate his birthday at one of our Bloomington favorites, but right after we ordered appetizers, he got deathly ill. The staff handled it so graciously. The pastry chef presented the beautiful and delicious birthday cake we had ordered all boxed up for us to take home and the waitress rushed a to-go order for me to eat later (which also was delicious). We will definitely be back to celebrate properly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/6/2014Reservations allowed us to walk past dozens waiting for a delightful brunch. We had cocktail specials, great entrees and a fantastic dessert. Very reasonable, funky farm house decor, great server, and lots of young people having a great time. Can't beat it. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of BloomingtonRonakDined on 3/30/2014This is probably Bloomington's best all-around restaurant. That's saying a lot, because there's plenty of competition! You'll never be disappointed in the food, the service is great, and Chef Orr will always have a surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding...except for the serviceHoosierMamaDined on 3/28/2014Farm is one of our favorite places. We eat there almost every time we are in Bloomington. The food is always excellent and we like the aesthetic. We have absolutely no complaints about the food or drinks. However, our server was aloof and inattentive. She acted as if she were annoyed to even take our order, let alone bring us drinks, check back on us, etc. Despite this, we had an enjoyable time with amazing food. I had the fun-guy po boy and my husband had the chicken and jalepeno-cornbread waffles special, which he could not stop talking about the rest of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.