108 East Kirkwood
Bloomington, IN 47408Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.farm-bloomington.com/
- Phone: 8123230002
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday: 9:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Daniel Orr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from FARMbloomington
FARMbloomington celebrates the best of the heartland and Indiana. Products and produce utilized in dynamic, innovative and flavorful dishes translate into “real food for real people!”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
FARMbloomington - Best Restaurants in Bloomington ›
FARMbloomington reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (15)great for brunch (13)special occasion (12)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fresh Dining for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The atmosphere was vibrant. The meal presentation was delightful. The wine superb. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as LA and Lenox!homebodyVIPDined on 10/10/2014In the past three weeks I have eaten at several of the top restaurants of Lenox, Mass, and at The Larchmont in LA. Each meal was a delight, especially at The Larchmont. Friday I also had the joy of trying FARMbloomington with five friends, and it shares top honors. I split the autumn Caesar salad, the salmon, and a side. Every preparation was unique and flavorful, as were my friends' selections. I wish we had this place in San Diego!Special Features:
- Not as good as usual.otterladyVIPDined on 10/10/2014The last few times we've been to FARM, the food hasn't been as good as in the past. They were incredibly busy, as usual, and perhaps this contributes to the food quality. And, parking downtown is awful! Just nowhere to park, regardless of the meters! Just not worth the effort.Special Features:
- Fresh and wonderful!karen07Dined on 9/30/2014An excellent place for those who appreciate fresh, creatively prepared food. We met our nephew, a student at IU there for a weeknight meal. It was hearty enough for him while being elegantly prepared for more discerning tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!ilovefoodDined on 9/28/2014I heard about Farm from a friend and it certainly lived up to expectations. All the food was great and the brunch options were fit for all. I will definitely be going back either with friends or family.Special Features:
- llllVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had pizza, roasted green beans and garlic fries for appetizers. Delicious. Main courses we tried were flat iron steak, and the bison burger. Bison burger was overcooked, but the steak was great. Service was a tad slow, so the kitchen brought out another order of garlic fries to many tables. All in all a nice meal. We would return.Special Features:
- Loved it as always!SanvanDined on 9/19/2014I have always loved FARM and try to go there every time I am in Bloomington. Our dinner was fabulous. Great food, different items and beautiful presentation. My favorite place!! Thanks...Special Features:
- Noce SurpriseAlwaysTryingDined on 9/13/2014A nice surprise in Bloomington where most of the fare is "chain usual". Great service in a casual atmosphere. Fresh ingredients, creative selection, all prepared well.Special Features:
- Ate here twice during visitJoyfulVIPDined on 9/11/2014Food was fabulous, as was service. Will definitely return on next visit to BloomingtonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm FreshDeborahVIPDined on 9/7/2014Sundays are sous chef choice night and we really enjoyed all of our dishes. I am looking forward to returning to try chef Orrs menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, wine, and service.DateNiteGuyDined on 9/5/2014Bloomington is blessed with several great restaurants. FarmBloomington is certainly one of them. Great food and wine. Conveniently located right next to the Buskirk-Chumley Theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright & Cheery Farm-House Dining2foodiesVIPDined on 8/21/2014Breakfast was awesome! We had scrambled eggs, grilled cheddar sausage, home fried potatoes, fresh fruit & biscuits with the most delicious apple butter we've ever tasted. Yummy! We loved the coffee there too. The old fashioned tables and chairs, along with hanging quilts create a wonderful farm-house ambience. They even have bed pans from the olden days hanging on the wall outside of the restrooms. It's feels so authentic in there you could almost here the "cluck clucking" of chickens. The service was wonderful -- prompt and friendly. We can't wait to try out the lunch menu next time we are in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!JCS67Dined on 8/19/2014Awesome food, friendly and refined service, fun ambience!Special Features:
- So many outstanding dishesAte2muchagainDined on 8/9/2014Every single entree (5) was a winner. The vegetable sides had so much flavor and were of the highest quality. The fries had an great mix of flavors set off with a hint of lemon. I will be back time and again to try everything on this menu.Special Features:
- Expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The presentation of everything from location, ambiance, to food was perfection. The only problem was the food was not as amazing. The filet mignon was fatty, which I wouldn't expect, and had to skip big portions! The fried fish was very bland, and there was no kick to the tarter sauce. I'm gonna give it another shot and order something different to see if I just got unlucky. The desserts seemed right out of a box. Gosh, I wish I had something better to say. It just wasn't my night.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemcarolVIPDined on 7/20/2014Farmbloomington is a great find. The food was amazing and service excellent! I highly recommend it to anyone who loves good food. The garlic french fries with the homemade chipolte ketsup were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing-Not worth the moneysweetpotatoDined on 7/18/2014We started with the garlic fries, which were good, not spectacular, and the serving was way too large for two people. I had the Eggplant FARMesan, which was an eggplant parmesan (not fried) served with greens. I did not enjoy this dish, but I ate it because it cost $18. The skin was left on the eggplant and the only part I enjoyed was the marinara. My husband had the Lugar burger which was good, but not great. We both agree that Feast makes a much better burger (also with local, organic ingredients). The best part of my meal was the good life salad. We planned on having bread pudding for dessert, but apparently it was still baking at 6 p.m., so we decided to take the check and go elsewhere.
- Birthday lunchSweetpeaVIPDined on 7/15/2014We took my mother here for her 87th birthday and had a pleasant lunch, as usual. The portions for lunch are substantial. Always a great place for a meal of something different.Special Features:
- Great farm to table!AnnaDined on 7/5/2014The food was all excellent, we had both dinner and brunch there during our stay. My only issue is that they still serve HFCS laden soda - which made me question how much stuff in the kitchen was not local sourced either. Beyond that the place is great and I 100% support what they are trying to accomplish - farm to table is awesome!Special Features:
- Downtown eatingsbloomfoodieDined on 6/28/2014FARM is a nice addition to downtown eateries. Appreciated that since the Buskirk Chumley play was out a little early that we were seated earlier than our original reservation. Will keep FARM on the mind for a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 524 reviews are from the FARMbloomington reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014It was a wonderful dining experience. It has become one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great foodSusanVIPDined on 6/15/2014Great food! We had the pizzas and very tasty. I had daddy chicken. It was a lot of food and very good. I wish it was boneless. It was hard to eat. The salad needed to be served separate from the hot chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnerHoosiersDined on 6/7/2014The Farm has been on the Bloomington bucket list for a while. Started dinner with two cocktails then ordered appetizers. The Parmesan Garlic Fries are out of this world (Maybe best in the world?). Also, received the fried green tomatoes sliders(2). Both of these appetizers were delicious. We then ordered a pizza (to go) and the Spicy Mushroom Po - Boy. Every dish was excellently put together and the flavors, oh the flavors. Highly recommend either for cocktails and french fries, brunch, lunch, or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe HagedornOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014The Sunday Brunch is always excellent. My wife try to eat at FARMbloomington whenever we stay over after a game. The biscuits are worthy calories and the Bacon Egg Pizza is a must try for anyone who has not been to FARM (worthy calories too). Victor was our server this past Sunday. He was helpful and attentive, without hovering. Good job Victor!Special Features:
- Highly Recommended!AnnanDined on 5/30/2014We came from Indy for an event in Bloomington with a party of six. Although we couldn't get reservations via Open Table, we took a chance and were surprised to be seated immediately. The food was terrific and the service excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Foodie4lifeDined on 5/25/2014The food was everything we had hoped! We have heard nothing but good things about FARM and were so excited to finally try it out. The night we went, the entire menu was made up and prepared by the Sous chefs and did not disappoint. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Lousy ServiceNLS60614VIPDined on 5/24/2014After a 53 minute wait for our meals, and a good 10-15 for each round of (inconsistent) cocktails, we were happily surprised with the quality of our brunch. Unfortunately, the service was so poor that we question whether we would go back again.Special Features:
- Special treatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014We don't get to Bloomington for dinner often, so when we do, FARM is my destination of choice. I love the colorful, creative decor- "FARM FUN" but not country and relaxed atmosphere. We had an excellent waiter informative, helpful but concise. I had the wild mushroom and sweet pea risotto which was creamy and delicious, topped with a little crunchy bacon or some type of yummy fat for a hint of saltiness. My husband enjoyed the pizza which has pleasantly thin crust topped with goat cheese and banana peppers - nice lightly spicy combination. When we asked what time the restaurant opened the next morning for coffee, our waiter bragged on their excellent house blend and brought us a sample - nice touch!Special Features:
- delsDined on 5/17/2014three of us had trout it was very good. excellent bread puddingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Crammed in for poor servicerhinomanDined on 5/17/2014Our table was inches from our neighbors in a linear arrangement on a Saturday night. I was closer to the guy next to me than to my wife, sitting across the table. Food was good but too heavily spiced, peppered and salted for my wife. Service was very slow due to our waiter training another. He was so distracted we were not offered desert and we were in the mood for it to neutralize the spicy food. We went for desert and coffee elsewhere.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerKevinMDVIPDined on 5/11/2014This was a fun find down in Bloomington, IN for Mother's Day. The food was good, but a bit pricey for the experience. My pork loin was tasty and unique, but my wife's beef filet was a bit overcooked. The fries and bread pudding were outstanding. The service was good, but could use some refinement.Special Features:
- Brunch Prix Fixe Menu SadIUin3Dined on 5/10/2014We are a big fan of Farm and have had many lovely meals there, however we were disappointed with the Graduation Brunch menu. The options were limited and did not include some of the menu favorites - and most importantly did not include ANY choices for the meat and potatoes diner - which put a damper on our family meal!! We've done prix fixe during restaurant week in Miami and Grand Rapids, and always felt we were getting great value and delicious choices. This was not the case on Saturday - our food was served lukewarm and had to be reheate (at $25 one expects better quality and presentation) and we were at our table 15 minutes or more before our drinks were served -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhill fastNotafoodieDined on 5/9/2014We went for the special graduation night dinner, which set us back about $80 each, including a round of drinks, but not the tip. The food was not even close to adequate for that amount of money in Bloomington. An overdressed tiny salad with one little shred of fennel, then my chicken was so dry I could not eat it. The DOG had trouble choking it down when I took it home. My wife's beef/noodle special was no better than what you could make at home from canned ingredients. Service was random - lot of lost-looking servers wandering around, but our server was mostly missing until it was time to pay. We have given Farm a lot of chances - it was once one of the best places in town, but this was the last straw. Never again.Special Features:
- Service was lackingotterladyVIPDined on 5/9/2014We ate at FARM during IU's graduation weekend and, as expected, they were really busy. We had problems with service in that we were eating our appetizer when our deserts were delivered. I had a soft drink and asked for a refill which never came. I think the servers were just overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Great Food Great AmbienceKassiGDined on 5/4/2014We ate here before a show at the Bluebird. It is such a cool place, the décor, the people-we absolutely loved it and wish that there was one up here in Indianapolis. We shared the French Fries and the flank steak entrée and of course some cake. The portions were generous and I recommend sampling the local beers and strange as it may sound, the lemonade. It was so satisfying.Special Features:
- Hit the SpotClifVIPDined on 4/25/2014Our first time at FARMbloomington. Nice selection of beers and wine. Loud on a Friday evening. Fun, eclectic crowd. Whimsical decorations. Food was good, but not quite as good as I expected based on word of mouth from friends. We'll return, but we'll keep our expectations more realistic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VARIED EXPERIENCESKLMALINDined on 4/23/2014Booked reservations for a birthday luncheon; they were ready to seat us upon arrival - Great! Ordered the garlic fries; they were out in a flash and delicious - Great! Ordered meals and they arrived in an expedient fashion - Great! Pasta dish and pizza were very good, as usual - Great! Chicken was not up to par with previous visits... coating was burnt and altered the taste negatively - Poor! Had plans after lunch, so had to decline the waitresses offer to bring more chicken out - Great customer service,though! Waitress brought a free dessert for the table to share, as 2 of us had obviously not enjoyed our meals - Very nice! Sad that the birthday boy had a bad meal, but we will be back, as food quality at this venue is typically excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Updated Hoosier favesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Farm does very nice updated versions of traditional local dishes. I love that idea and appreciate Chef Orr's flavor choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014I was there on a very busy day and despite that the service was very good. Waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. Food was excellent! Ambiance is fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JosephDined on 4/19/2014Very good wine at a reasonable price, the food however is a little overpriced.I would recommend this to a friend.