422 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.farmstand.us/
- Phone: 3106403276x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex Mosavi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in private party and corporate drop-off and catering. we have an extensive and successful history of providing exceptionally tasty, fresh, healthy, ethnically friendly, quality food. Our menu also caters to a very diverse population not only in terms of ethnic foods, but also in terms of dietary concerns such as gluten and/or dairy intolerance, food allergies, low glycemic foods for diabetics or those watching sugar intake/conversion rates and low-calorie options for those watching their caloric intake.
- Private Party Contact: Sylvie Gabriele 3105293619x
A word from Farm Stand
All over the world, and even just miles away, a walk into a farm stand is a step into country life… a life style that allows one to slow down and enjoy great food and company. Our chefs from all over the world take a fine dining approach to food. They work together to share their most favorite homemade, gourmet country recipes with familiar and exotic tastes, textures and aromas. Our recipes originate from American as well as French, Italian, Turkish, and other European Country sides. They are fresh and wholesome, yet indulgent, giving you permission to forgo the usual no frills everyday food. We call it URBAN COUNTRY FOOD. Our menu is full of unique signature dishes so the secret is to begin an exploration by trying each one. We hope to bring you in to relax and enjoy the comfort of easy entertaining, occasional indulgences and happy memories.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Farm Stand - Best Restaurants in El Segundo ›
Farm Stand reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (13)good for groups (12)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Disappointing FoodDisappointingDined on 8/8/2014Food lacked flavor and was down right weird--by far the worst lunch I have had in the area. With many wonderful restaurants in the South Bay to choose from, I am surprised they are still able to attract a decent clientele. The farm to table concept is great, but it also needs to be flavorful. They definitely missed the mark on this one.
- Interesting Menu - No GMOMaryLouiseDined on 8/3/2014We were a group of 6 in for an early dinner at 5 p.m. Reports on the food were good to excellent. The lamb shank in walnut pomegranate sauce was the standout. My pasta was al dente and the meatballs were tender and tasty but not enough ancho flavor in the ancho cream sauce. The only disappointment was the pacing. One appetizer was delivered with the two dinner salads. The mushroom appetizer followed and the soup required a reminder. The entrees for the men were delivered together. It was a too long an interval so that the men had to begin eating while the ladies waited. The wait staff was very pleasant but there is a problem with timing in the kitchen. All said, however, I would return if I found myself in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- ChipsChipsDined on 7/30/2014My lunch plate had enamel that was chipped off and the table candle/light holder had a big chip out of the edge if it with sharp edges exposed. Appears they don't have enough revenue to replace damaged wares? Or they don't pay attention to detail. The waitress was not very knowledgable about the food. We asked several question about things and she said she didn't know and never attempted to find out the answer? This pkace is way over rated!!Special Features:
- Good times at the FarmCyclismDined on 7/10/2014Just want to say it's been over a year since I had last been to Farmstand and it did not disappoint. The food was great and service equally so. I need to remember to go there more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service were greatAlbeeVIPDined on 7/5/2014Wonderful, we will go back. Food and service spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- father's day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014My daughter and I celebrated fathers day an I had the best tuna sandwich.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/11/2014Service was earnest if a bit bumpy. Too many servers. One took our order and others brought items, which contributed to errors on the order and a drink being forgotten. Food was very good once things got sorted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Three of the the four of us enjoyed our brunch. I would go back. The fourth member of our group didn't understand what he was ordering; therefore, he didn't like it. I tasted it and didn't care for it either. It was our first time at this restaurant so can't comment on No. 2 except for brunch.Special Features:
- Great Local RestaurantDonnapipDined on 6/2/2014Food was excellent, I ordered the lemon chicken with cherry rice - loved it. Server was very nice. Only issue was it took quite a while for our food to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A keeperRITParentVIPDined on 5/31/2014Third time here. El Segundo is nowhere near me but once in a while if I'm over there this is where I eat. Fresh food, excellent vegetables. Meat lover or vegetarian you'll be fine. Local sourcing. Portions on plate large but also wonderful option on some dishes of ordering a small size. Reasonably priced. I love their salmon. Rest of table had lamb, stuffed peppers, short ribs. Everyone happy. The three dip appetizer with warm pita is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu selection!MmmMmmDined on 5/23/2014There was an abundance of food choices, spanning a wide variety, so there was definitely something for everyone, kids/teens included. Our meals were tasty, and mine in particular (walnut and pomegranate stew) was flavorful and unique. Serving portions were ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic & thoughtful foodGreatAnnivVIPDined on 5/17/2014Non-GMO, healthy, environmentally responsible..all while being delicious!!! I wish every restaurant had the same mindfulness in their approach to food and cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FindLuv2eatDined on 5/11/2014I found this restaurant by searching online for a restaurant near the airport and this one was a real find. Food is healthy, prepared well using fresh quality ingredients. The duck meatloaf was tastefully interesting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yay for non-GMO foods!SleepyspazDined on 5/11/2014The food and service at Farm Stand was good, but they were out of two of the dishes (pumpkin ravioli and short ribs with eggs benedict) we were wanting to try. I guess because it was Mother's Day and they were busy in the morning, they had run out of these dishes by lunchtime (1:30 PM for us). I was kind of disappointed, as I was looking forward to the pumpkin ravioli and my brother and husband were looking forward to the short ribs. They were the main reason we came. The meals we did have were good. We especially liked the french fries and the melted brie appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 249 reviews are from the Farm Stand reviews archive.
- birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2014Enjoyed brunch, especially sour cherry mimosa! eclectic brunch options- our table had both sweet and savory and it was all terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2014Farm Stand used to be one of my favorite places. This last time I was there (12:30pm) they were already out of a number of items (including the item that I had been CRAVING for weeks). When everything was brought to our table nothing was right. My pasta was oily and bland. My friend who ordered a burger with caramelized onions and swiss cheese (because they were out of bleu cheese) but no bun got a burger with swiss, raw onions and a bun. We asked for caramelized onions on the side and they brought grilled onions... not the same thing. I was really disappointed, this is the 3rd time they have been out of staple items, I don't think I'll be back.
- MedicocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014The good: variety of food options, and they are great to cater to specific diets, ambiance (inside is best - I don't love the outside seating) The bad: the food is mediocre, the service isn't very good either. I thought at first it was just a one time issue, but I've been here 3 times recently hoping to give it another chance but overall the servers aren't attentive to tables. I have given this restaurant 4 tries, but I don't think I'll be returning anymore.
- Something for everyone!TasmanVIPDined on 4/25/2014Great variety on the menu, service was excellent and the the food was great! Large portions and everyone in our party tried something very different, we had a great time!!!Special Features:
- Great find for dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Food was fantastic. Ambience and service was great. Parking was easy. All around loved it and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014Service was good and the atmosphere was perfect for us. My wife loves organic non gmo food and this was perfect for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewtrc818Dined on 3/28/2014my pomegranate lamb stew was good. the dark beer on tap was so foamy that it took several minutes to settle and then several more minutes for the busy server to bring it. the complimentary roasted eggplant with goat cheese was a nice touch, except they ran out of goat cheese. the server was very nice, but although there were a lot of servers running around, the service was slow and a bit inattentive. the best thing was the "mini" dessert: a delicious few bites of chocolate mousse. sure, i'm local, so i'd go back at some point. but, i'm in no rush....I would recommend this to a friend.
- clueless service, high pricesJenniferinSaMoVIPDined on 3/28/2014Apps plates on the table when entrees arrived. No water refills. No bread when requested. The food was ok but at $172 for 4 (included a $40 bottle of wine) this is a poor value.
- Small town eclecticDPineyDined on 3/21/2014Warm open setting...food for everyone...whether dietary restrictions or simple life choice... offerings are broad in scope (Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten free, Non-Dairy, Non GMO) or not....everything is deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, staff and locationBusinessTravelerDined on 3/19/2014So I ended up eating here three times this past week and could never understand how this place was not packed to the gills with an hour wait or longer! The food was simply amazing, the fresh ingredients were delicious and the staff were friendly and helpful. I ended up bringing a group of 12 here for dinner one night since the meal was so wonderful, and everyone had a delightful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Kid friendly 3 familiesPAMCDined on 3/12/2014Very Kid friendly 3 families with young ones were there while we there. Our appetizer was good but my main course was not good.Special Features:
- Dinner with FamilyJeanMVIPDined on 3/8/2014It was extremely noisy .... Food was ok but based on some reviews I read, I expected better.Special Features:
- Quiet & ComfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Met some friends who were in LA for the weekend. The atmosphere was nice as we had a lot of catching up to do we were able to talk comfortably and it was n't so crowded our conversation and antics ruined anyone else's evening. A good find.... ThanksI would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic healthy foodsJanieDined on 2/23/2014If you have any food allergies and want to rely on a restaurant to meet your needs...come here. You feel safe and "heard" by these chefs and servers! You do not realize how important this is unless you have a problem. We were so excited that there is a restaurant that we can count on to serve fantastic and healthy foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating makes a difference.BusterDined on 2/21/2014Glad we were on the covered patio. The inside seating was cold (the front door was open) and the tables were too close together for us. All our 4 main dishes were excellent! Thanks for going to the extra effort for gluten free, organic and healthy food. Wine by the glass was excellent and slightly generous. Kati was an energetic waitress and a delight to work with. We've eaten there a few times when we come to LAX or El Segundo - and it's always a treat. We recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ORGANIC food near LAXKarmamamaDined on 2/20/2014We were staying at LAX for an early flight out the next day and discovered this GMO free, organic sustainable Urban Country food! They serve a wide range of foods including vegan and vegetarian, but they have beautiful meats as well. The ambiance is similar to a chef owned "French" restaurant one might find tucked in between shops on a Paris street. My husband and I both had lamb. He had the "Urban" and I had the "Country," Mine was accompanied by a zesty stew of veggies and Balsamic rice, while his was smothered in a heavenly sauce with pomegranates. Both had local grilled veggies. His only slightly "beat" mine as the better offering. We ordered organic wine which was lovely. If we lived in LA, we'd be there often!Special Features:
- Good food, but...justmeVIPDined on 2/15/2014The food was good but the service was not. Our waitress was clearly overloaded, although she had time to chat with coworkers. Meal, appetizer, and bread all came out together. The man who I think is the owner had no problem interrupting our meal on multiple occasions to give is advertisements or interject his opinion.Special Features:
- Healthy Doesn't Have to Be BoringGabrielDined on 2/15/2014We've been here several times, and the food is always good. And, you can taste the freshness. The last time we were, though, the service wasn't very good (as a former waitress, I may be a little picky about this). It took a long time to take our order, they didn't bring the bread basket out until they were serving the main entrees, and they forgot to bring my husband's salad (he had ordered a 3 course meal) until we mentioned it when they brought out his entrée, which happened to be the wrong entrée. However, since it looked good, he decided not to say anything and just ate. Having said all that, the food was good, and we loved their chocolate chip cookies. Will assume that the poor service was a fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food..LarryDined on 2/15/2014but slow service. I'm not sure if they were understaffed or or unorganized. We had tickets to see a show at 8 and I am glad that we arrived at 5:30 because it took forever to get served everything. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try them again because the food was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Close to LAX & ForummebsterDined on 2/15/2014Staff at the annual physical place recommended Farm Stand for lunch a few years ago. Ever since then, any time I go to LAX make sure to stop here again to eat. Great food with a Persian flair. This time was a pre-concert dinner. Just 7miles from the Forum. The pomegrante lamp stew was fabulous. Many more interesting dishes to try.Special Features:
- Valentine's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Food for every type of eater. From gluten free, to carnivore, and vegatarian. My husband had the lamb shank dip, and raved about it!!!! Def going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diamond in the roughDinoDined on 2/14/2014Never would have known that this cute little restaurant existed if it werent for this site. The food was delicious and served fairly quickly. The ambience for valentines day was quaint. My date was super enamoured with the fact it had gluten free options! So she will be spreading the word to her friends in the anti-gluten world. They had a lot of local grown and produced foods, like the lemonades, wines, beer, fruits and veggies. A great little find! We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- green pastaTerriVIPDined on 2/14/2014I ordered the pumpkin ravioli. It came green... green like St. Patrick's Day, but it was Valentine's Day! I asked about the color and the waitress said it was from the basil... what? My husband ordered linguini something or other, and it came with spaghetti noodles (too thick for linguini noodles). The food was okay, but not worth a second shot. The restaurant was very crowded which usually means the food is good. Perhaps it usually is. Only plus for us was that it was near LAX where we needed to be for a morning flight.
- ValentinesDeniseDined on 2/14/2014Waited an hour for our food. Menu was special three courses, food was obviously sitting in back - sides weren't warm, filet mignon was barely warm and charred overcooked, expensive, served food on metal plates. Liked fact of healthy choices in foods.Special Features:
- Awesome!JulieFVIPDined on 2/13/2014Described as urban country food, the choices are diverse and delicious. My favorites are the walnut-pomegranate stew and the pumpkin ravioli. And the rice is superb. I love that they use non-GMO, organic and local ingredients. Definitely my favorite restaurant in El Segundo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone was very satisfied!BlendedmenufamilyDined on 2/9/2014Our family is a motley crew of carnivores, vegans and paleos and it's often hard to find a place where we all truly enjoy the menu choices. The Farm Stand (on a Sunday evening) was great! There were four vegan entrees that were excellent. The fish and meat pasta dishes we ordered were likewise very tasty. They even had a delicious vegan ice cream! Our server was quite friendly and we felt free to linger and talk at the end. Nice casual atmosphere. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.