FARM at The Carneros Inn
4048 Sonoma Highway
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
FARM at The Carneros Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.farmatthecarnerosinn.com/
- Phone: 7072994880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Menu 5:30-9:45pm Wednesday-Sunday
Bar Menu 4:00pm-10:00pm daily
Bar closes at 11:00pm daily and 12:00am on Friday/Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Budnyi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Wednesday & Thursday in the outdoor pavilion from 5:00pm - 8:00pm beginning May 15th through September. Small plate and drink specials apply during these times.
A word from FARM at The Carneros Inn
FARM, at The Carneros Inn is a restaurant dedicated to food that accompanies wine. We believe in well-balanced, comforting, full-flavored dishes that are simple in concept but complex in taste, emphasizing the natural flavors of the ingredients. We craft our own breads, pastries and Artisan Charcuterie products using our passion for experimentation, and respect of tradition. Our inspiration comes from access to the finest organic and sustainably raised ingredients that we source primarily within a 150 mile radius of Carneros, to harvest food that is at the peak of its season and flavor. The food we prepare supports and nurtures ourselves, our guests, and our land.Continued
Our dress code is business casual. For men, please adhere to no hats, shorts, or sandals in the dining room. Jackets are not required.
Our dress code is business casual. For men, please adhere to no hats, shorts, or sandals in the dining room. Jackets are not required.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
FARM at The Carneros Inn - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
FARM at The Carneros Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)special occasion (79)romantic (72)notable wine list (64)great for outdoor dining (63)good for groups (29)hot spot (16)scenic view (16)vibrant bar scene (14)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014FARM at The Carneros Inn is amazing. Great blues/jazz/Motown band and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good But Hard to Find at NightROBOTMEISTERVIPDined on 9/7/2014Beautiful building and grounds that encourages large, covered outdoor patio seating. 4 star food using local provisions. Good restaurant service and great bartender. Overall, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Foodie HeavenERhoneVIPDined on 9/3/2014My boyfriend and I had the chefs tasting menu. Every plate was the wow factor, especially the lobster risotto!! We can't wait to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect Napa dining experienceBeachlifeDined on 8/23/2014The dining experience was perfectly matched only by the beauty and fantastic wines of Napa. Our culinary adventure starting with refreshing cucumber soup slightly accented with almonds, and spice pepper; followed by a perfect filet and the most extraordinary lobster risotto! We have never tasted risotto with such flavors and perfect texture. Finishing off the evening with Pluot Cobbler - A dessert of my liking, not too sweet or tart and baked to perfection. Wrapped in excellent service, it was a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciouscaitlynelizabetDined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious and the portions hearty. The staff was excellent. Go a little earlier than your reservation to have a cocktail outside by the fire pits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014Seemed to have slipped a touch since our first visit. Still very good but in Napa, you HAVE to shine. Sommelier had to read the list, he should know it by heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing group dinnerHersheycrewVIPDined on 8/15/2014FARM was hands down the best dinner we had over our three day visit to Napa this past weekend. The ambience of the hotel and grounds are amazing and the restaurant itself very tastefully designed. Our group had the tasting menu and while the food was superb, the only negative comment would be the time it took to get through all the courses. Negative is not really fair, as we enjoyed our time, but three hours was a bit long. All in all, very pleased with our experience and we will be back not only to FARM, but to the hotel itself as this place is truly special.Special Features:
- Last night of vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Our final night of vacation was spent at the Farm Restaurant. Group of 4. We had drinks and appetizers on the covered patio. We listened to a great trio of musicians. The hostess came to get us at our reservation time (7:45) . Staff was very attentive. The menu was not extensive but had something for everyone. All farm fresh. I had the Salmon,....fabulousSpecial Features:
- RebeccaDined on 8/8/2014We had a glass of very good Sauvignon Blanc and left. The menu was Over the top "eclectic" and we were having trouble finding something we really wanted to order. I'm sure the food is good, but the place felt stiff, was expensive and none of the entrees were really appealing to us. It was 8pm on Friday night and the place was 2/3 empty. My husband and I have eaten in a lot of high end restaurants all over the country, and we could just tell from the menu that we were going to be underwhelmed when neither of us could find anything we really wanted to have. The place is just trying way too hard. I was very disappointed--had been looking forward to it.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Truly enjoyed it. 2nd time we've dined at FARM and we would definitely go back for a 3rd. Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Our honeymoonHoneymoonersDined on 8/3/2014Matthew was our server and was just excellent. He was so attentive and explained every item we were curious about. He was always looking out for cues if his tables needed anything else. At some places I'd have to have a staring contest with my server and watch them walk past just to flag them down. I merely glanced ups for a moment and he came by. Food was a journey with so many flavors residing in each dish. We had a wonderful honeymoon dinner there and had a couple special treats sent out to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014The food was good overall- however- the tuna was just awful and the water tasted like Jalapenos. We felt they should have offered bottled water at no charge at least... The waiter was just average- he didn't do a lot to recommend anything. The bartenders however were quite good.Special Features:
- LovetolunchVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had a beautiful anniversary dinner. Super friendly, helpful and attentive service. Beet salad was outstanding and beautiful. Juicy chicken entree. Salmon really good, but the accompaniments didn't add anything tastewise, but very pretty: baby popovers could have been yukon potatoes, and English pureed peas could have been a few whole pea pods. Very good rye bread, but rolls need to be replaced with a great roll in order to make it an outstanding meal. We were very happy we came here for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive food, very good serviceruddermanVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a super dinner at Farm. The space is large, filled with light, and even when filled not noisy. Service well done, not pushy but moved along at a reasonable and enjoyable pace. Excellent wine list, many local wines from the valley, as well as an excellent selection - mostly reasonable in price - from further afield. Had a nice restrained but evolving pinot from anderson valley I had the beets for a starter (ok, that's the main ingredient, but with crunchies, some leaves, some soft cheese, etc), and the lamb 3 ways for dinner. Scrumptious. An excellent array of coconut inspired morsels for dessert. The Jidori chicken and the carrots were excellent as well by report. A splendid evening!Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Thank you Brian Penly and your service staff we had a blast perusing through you culinary delights and bubbly libations what a great night. Can not wait for the next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15 MINUTES FROM NAPA OR SONOMA !!!FoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a great alternative, as it's located between Napa & Sonoma. The decor is understated elegance. The waitstaff is focused and know their product. The Market Oysters with Sparkling Wine Mignonette ($40 a dozen) was fantastic * The Liberty Farms Duck Breast with Chinese Five Spice Glaze, Grilled Ramps, Scallions, Pickled Vegetables & Fermented Black Beans ($34) was incredible * The Carnaroli Risotto with Maine Lobster, Preserved Meyer Lemon & Parmigiano-Reggiano ($17 half order - $34 entree) = WOW * Fantastic with their Summer Truffle Supplement from Umbria (Italy) at 4 Grams for only $12 (yes, $12 and a good amount) NOTES: Tasting Menu $95 * Corkage Fee $25 * Sit outside and have a cocktail next to the fire before or after dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful dinnermikhelDined on 7/31/2014Was celebrating my girlfriends birthday and they took care of us! Great meal and very romantic ambiance.Special Features:
- WonderfulLuv2dineDined on 7/30/2014This place is beautiful. The chicken was so fresh and local grown veggies. The wait staff was helpful as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the vibe & foodLuv2dineDined on 7/25/2014great staff, food was very good although I was referred by a foodie & I loved everything about The Farm but I didn't think the food was that special, very very good though! I was anticipating to be awedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRESHLindsayVIPDined on 7/25/2014The name says it all. Our meal consisted of the freshest local ingredients and was amazing. Our waitress left a lot to be desired. There were 7 of us so we declined the tasting menu and after that she seemed uninterested and unattentitive , but the food was spectacular.Special Features:
- Best experience in Napa areaMelvinDined on 7/23/2014We had the truffle fries and lobster risotto. Amazing food and a very tasty desert if jelly dognuts. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattyDined on 7/23/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at the Farm. Both the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- Maybe it was just too late....DDHCDined on 7/19/2014Or maybe, I had heard such great things I just had really high expectations, but our experience was a big disappointment. Since we waited until the night before, we were not surprised to see that only 9:30pm was available and, given that part of our group was from Argentina, the time was no problem for us. But, because it was so "late" according to our waiter, the tasting menu was not available. The food we ordered was ok, but not great. We went a lot of time without seeing the waiter. Took 20 mins to get our check because they were so busy cleaning up. It was a late seating - but it was the only time available - we didn't pick it. They should be ready to serve the people that accept the reservations they offer.
- Quiet, Romantic GemLeo18Dined on 7/18/2014Had a great time here. Had a bottle of wine in front of the fire with a friend. Made a reservation, but was taken to the outside patio earlier. Heaters and blankets proided for those that had a chill. Great food, great wine (very extensive list), wonderful ambiance. Dinner under the stars in a huge cushioned seat. Excellent service, very attentive, but not overbearing. We closed the place. Last ones in the restaurant and I didn't feel hurried. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must stop when at Carneros InnshilaVIPDined on 7/17/2014The food was as described accurately by the waitperson. It is seasonal, attractively presented, well prepared in the kitchen and tasted deliciously fresh. All wait staff is available and can answer appropriate questions well as well as are found when needed. Liked this restaurant on a recent getaway. PLEASED that they remembered my honey's birthday as I asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatmangogeckoDined on 7/16/2014Ate outdoors with live guitar music. A very enjoyable experience. The Carnaroli Risotto with lobster was rich and a too salty, but still tasty. The Wild King Salmon was excellent--very unique with prime rib sauce that surprisingly went well with the salmon. The Liberty Farms Duck Breast was superb, especially the accompaniment to the meat--just about the best grain-based accompaniment to duck I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary GreatnessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I had dinner at the farm this last weekend to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. The setting relaxing with an outdoor lounge for a pre-dinner drink, and a beautifully open dining room. The food was exceptional, and if you are an oyster lover, their selection was fantastic and fresh. The steak was done perfectly, and my wife's lobster risotto was rich and flavorful. You can't go wrong for a wonderfully memorable evening of food in an open and inviting atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Romantic placewootangDined on 7/12/2014Found this to be a great place to bring the girl friend to celebrate her Birthday. The staff was awesome. The pairing menu was fun for first timers. The rest of the menu looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Expectations - metFrequentdiner1Dined on 7/12/2014One would expect the food at a winery to reflect the quality to which the wine maker would aspire with the wine. Caneros at the Farm does. The corn chowder was perhaps the best I have encountered in over 40 years of dining out. The oxheart carrots were a very interesting and flavorful experience. Wife's duck was prepared to perfection, as was my son's steak. My Ahi was cooked slightly less than I had requested but was still quite good. The sauce was good but the wrong selection for Ahi. The deserts were exceptional. The service was absolutely spectacular. Very accommodating. With a health tip, one drink and one glass of wine, three deserts, salads, soup, etc. we paid $306. A much better value than a place like Coi in SF.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014We were attended by at least waiters/servers. They made sure that we are enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantLCLeeDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful place to eat. My husband and I had the seven course tasting menu. Waiter was very accommodating to offer an alternative on a red meat item on menu and received lobster risotto which my husband stated was better than his perfectly presented New York steak. Also, I do not eat dark chocolate and they substituted with another dessert which was a raspberry white chocolate donut filled with raspberries, just delicious. Again, my husband felt my dessert was better than his Chocolate Mint dessert. This would be my first choice restaurant to come to whenever I am in Napa for dinner. Food is absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Fun environment, Fantastic FoodFoodsnob801Dined on 7/10/2014We loved the open-air dining option at Farm. The fire garden and live music made the experience magical. The food was high-quality and delicious. The best rye bread I've tasted. The strawberry basil dessert creation was memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but...woodcutter22VIPDined on 7/9/2014The food was prepared well--lamb for one of us, duck for the other, following starters of beet salad. Duck was excellent; tender, perfectly rare, flavorful. I hate to be one of those gauche reviewers who complain about portion size, but I do think that only two slices of the duck breast was rather too precious; I appreciate not including end pieces but for the price charged they should have provided a minimum of three slices, it's just not enough protein to constitute a meal. The lamb prepared three ways also was a bit precious, for $42 there should have been more than two slices of the loin. We've had duck and lamb at many restaurants, and providing larger portion of meat does not have to compromise quality.Special Features:
- Solid Fine Dining26economistrexDined on 7/9/2014Went to the FARM on July 9th and really enjoyed ourselves. The service was as to be expected at a fine dining restaurant. The menu is solid. To start the Wife ordered the BEET Salad and LOVED it! I ordered the garden salad and it was good but not great. Drinks- The wife had the Blueberry Mojito and it was awesome! I have a wonderful Pinot. Main Course- Wife had the fillet and it was one of the better prepared filets we have had in a long while. The Reduction sauce was perfect! I had the Ahi and it was a bit salty but I enjoyed it. For desert we had the banana and that was the only thing Id say I would not order again. Dry and a little bland. We both wished there had been more ice cream and banana. Over all a very good dinner!Special Features:
- Excellent Chef's Tasting MenuPhaetonDined on 7/6/2014I've had the Chef's 7 course tasting menu twice so far. Once was on Valentine's Day and the other for a recent birthday. Both were paired with recommended wines. The Chef's choices are incredible and both times have felt like truly memorable experiences. This is definitely a destination for special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous as alwayshelloVIPDined on 7/6/2014great great dinner. we came early and sat on the fabulous patio and had a delicious cheese and mushroom flatbread and drinks. dinner was great as well. beet salad very festive and pretty and tasty!! carrot salad was very different and good flavor as well. Their risotto is absolutely out of this world. no other place has ever come close to how they make it here. the duck was cooked to perfection and nice sized portion as well. the 'strawberry' dessert was lovely and flavorful. the 'mint' was ok. the service was very nice and our waiter was very funny and engaging but non intrusive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDelishDined on 7/5/2014Delicious! Everything was perfect. Usually, something stands out, the server or a specific entree, dessert etc. At the Farm all was equally exceptional. I am looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Wonderful!bella525VIPDined on 7/3/2014There is nothing but rave reviews. Ricardo sat us in a wonderful private booth towards the back of the restaurant, so we were away from the door and bar area, Matt our waiter was absolutely wonderful - he knew the menu well and had a great sense of humor. When he was unsure about a wine he had Ricardo come over and Ricardo explained the background of Mi Sueno Chardonnay - what a gem of a glass of wine. We will definitely be back. Wonderful special occasion restaurant. Thank you to all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iowan Finds The FarmMrHawkeyeDined on 6/29/2014My wife took me to this restaurant for my 55th birthday. The whole experience was a very pleasant surprise. The ambiance was driven a bit by the architecture which I would call "Modern Farm". I don't know how else to describe it and I grew up in Iowa. The menu was definitely gourmet and fabulous. I went for the entire 7 course meal-- but each course was an intriguing experience. Our waiter, James, was outstanding and he had several other attentive staff assisting. In all we spent 3 hours at the meal...and the price though not inexpensive, was well worth it. I would recommend The Farm for a special occasion with that special person.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceHopscotchDined on 6/29/2014Since moving to the Napa Valley 2.5 years ago I have been able to dine at Farm three times. I have been blown away each time as far as service levels, the quality of the cuisine, and the overall experience. Farm is an absolute gem in an area that is already known for top restaurants.Special Features: