FARM at The Carneros Inn
4048 Sonoma Highway
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
FARM at The Carneros Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.farmatthecarnerosinn.com/
- Phone: 7072994880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Menu 5:30-9:45pm Wednesday-Sunday
Bar Menu 4:00pm-10:00pm daily
Bar closes at 11:00pm daily and 12:00am on Friday/Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Budnyi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Wednesday & Thursday in the outdoor pavilion from 5:00pm - 8:00pm beginning May 15th through September. Small plate and drink specials apply during these times.
A word from FARM at The Carneros Inn
FARM, at The Carneros Inn is a restaurant dedicated to food that accompanies wine. We believe in well-balanced, comforting, full-flavored dishes that are simple in concept but complex in taste, emphasizing the natural flavors of the ingredients. We craft our own breads, pastries and Artisan Charcuterie products using our passion for experimentation, and respect of tradition. Our inspiration comes from access to the finest organic and sustainably raised ingredients that we source primarily within a 150 mile radius of Carneros, to harvest food that is at the peak of its season and flavor. The food we prepare supports and nurtures ourselves, our guests, and our land.Continued
Our dress code is business casual. For men, please adhere to no hats, shorts, or sandals in the dining room. Jackets are not required.
Our dress code is business casual. For men, please adhere to no hats, shorts, or sandals in the dining room. Jackets are not required.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
FARM at The Carneros Inn - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
FARM at The Carneros Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (80)romantic (68)notable wine list (66)great for outdoor dining (54)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (16)scenic view (13)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great Venue But Salty CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I've truly enjoyed The Farm on the past: good ambiance, beautiful locale, excellent service and fine food. All were in play this Saturday evening except for the food. Both the chicken entree and the striped bass entree were just way too salty. My girlfriend and I dine at a number of Napa and northeast Bay venues and do not encounter this problem. Seems like the chef is heavy-handed with the salt these days.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014so good! would definitely eat here again. will recommend this restaurant to friendsSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinnerJenIDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I spent a long weekend in Napa and made sure to eat at many reputable, high quality restaurants. As much as we loved Ad Hoc and Enotre, we thought FARM was the best meal we ate. Beautiful scenery and restaurant, friendly service and delicious food. We ordered the tasting menu and honestly loved every course. The waitress was very accommodating, as my husband wanted the wine flight and I did not. She made sure he had everything he needed and kept me happy with a fabulous recommendation as well. Highly recommend FARM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special diningSushiloverVIPDined on 10/10/2014We arrived on time and were immediately seated. We had brought our own wine and the waiter graciously examined the bottle and opened it. We started with their fresh salad that was fabulous, and since we had brought a fine aged cab we both elected to eat the fillet. The fillet was cooked to perfection and served with some potatoes and mushrooms that were all perfectly prepared. Dessert was also amazing, i had the sorbets and my friend the apple bread pudding. Both were amazing. This is for a special occasion and it is not cheap, but well worth the price for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceSaintJohnsMIGuyDined on 10/9/2014My wife and I dined here on our 25th anniversary trip and loved it. We ordered the food tasting menu and enjoyed seven unique courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/8/2014My husbannd and I dined at th bar at this beautiful venue. We prefer to sit there whenever possible. Bartenders/waiters were very attentive. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Farm to Table and AMAZING!ILovetoDineOutVIPDined on 10/8/2014I had the pleasure of dining at Farm and chose the 7 course tasting menu. It was creative, delicious, and one of the most memorable meals I have had..... ever. There is an optional wine pairing with it as well. The service was impeccable, and the atmosphere was relaxing. Looking forward to returning on my next trip to Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't think about it, just go2foodiesDined on 10/4/2014Great ingredients, creative combinations and excellent execution. The outdoor eating area was also quiet and sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FARMLmaro0Dined on 10/2/2014The restaurant was able to accommodate an change in our reservation time which was great to start with. We were staying on property so went a bit early and enjoyed cocktails by the fire pit-husband ordered the Standard Mule which was tasty. Once seated we chose the tasting menu which was comprised of 9 courses. Favorite courses included the lamb and chocolate mint dessert. Overall presentation was excellent and the courses were well proportioned as we were quite full by the end. The only negative for us was the amount of time between each course-10 to 15 minutes which could have been shortened in my opinion. We would return for a repeat meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningBobsDined on 9/25/2014the was a great find-excellent service, food, wine, music. Decorations/deco is fabulous. The outside patio area with fireplace, comfortable seating,and live music was an added bonus. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalCorexDined on 9/24/2014Quaint hidden location...amazing food!!! Customers a little snooty, but staff was nothing but professional!Special Features:
- deliciuos special occasion mealopsoccermomDined on 9/21/20147 course tasting was excellent Enjoyed the flavors and textures of every course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in the wine country.gable13Dined on 9/21/2014Access is a little difficult, but worth figuring out. A relaxing ambiance on both outdoor and indoor dining spaces. Bar service available both inside and out, with interesting specialty drinks as well as a very good wine cellar. The service is impeccable, thoughtful and very friendly. There is a menu to suit most palates. Dining here is a special experience.Special Features:
- The Carneros Inn jewelGauchoDined on 9/20/2014A well deserved five star rating for The Farm. Wonderful food and lovely atmosphere. Always a treat!Special Features:
- Great FoodluluDined on 9/18/2014The tasting menu..... You will enjoy every bit of it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Wow, I was really looking forward to going to this highly rated restaurant while vacationing in wine country. What a let down. I can say they have a great sommelier who was very helpful, and their salads were very fresh, but the entrees were nothing special and the dessert was terrible.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014FARM at The Carneros Inn is amazing. Great blues/jazz/Motown band and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good But Hard to Find at NightROBOTMEISTERVIPDined on 9/7/2014Beautiful building and grounds that encourages large, covered outdoor patio seating. 4 star food using local provisions. Good restaurant service and great bartender. Overall, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Foodie HeavenERhoneVIPDined on 9/3/2014My boyfriend and I had the chefs tasting menu. Every plate was the wow factor, especially the lobster risotto!! We can't wait to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect Napa dining experienceBeachlifeDined on 8/23/2014The dining experience was perfectly matched only by the beauty and fantastic wines of Napa. Our culinary adventure starting with refreshing cucumber soup slightly accented with almonds, and spice pepper; followed by a perfect filet and the most extraordinary lobster risotto! We have never tasted risotto with such flavors and perfect texture. Finishing off the evening with Pluot Cobbler - A dessert of my liking, not too sweet or tart and baked to perfection. Wrapped in excellent service, it was a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciouscaitlynelizabetDined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious and the portions hearty. The staff was excellent. Go a little earlier than your reservation to have a cocktail outside by the fire pits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014Seemed to have slipped a touch since our first visit. Still very good but in Napa, you HAVE to shine. Sommelier had to read the list, he should know it by heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing group dinnerHersheycrewVIPDined on 8/15/2014FARM was hands down the best dinner we had over our three day visit to Napa this past weekend. The ambience of the hotel and grounds are amazing and the restaurant itself very tastefully designed. Our group had the tasting menu and while the food was superb, the only negative comment would be the time it took to get through all the courses. Negative is not really fair, as we enjoyed our time, but three hours was a bit long. All in all, very pleased with our experience and we will be back not only to FARM, but to the hotel itself as this place is truly special.Special Features:
- Last night of vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Our final night of vacation was spent at the Farm Restaurant. Group of 4. We had drinks and appetizers on the covered patio. We listened to a great trio of musicians. The hostess came to get us at our reservation time (7:45) . Staff was very attentive. The menu was not extensive but had something for everyone. All farm fresh. I had the Salmon,....fabulousSpecial Features:
- RebeccaDined on 8/8/2014We had a glass of very good Sauvignon Blanc and left. The menu was Over the top "eclectic" and we were having trouble finding something we really wanted to order. I'm sure the food is good, but the place felt stiff, was expensive and none of the entrees were really appealing to us. It was 8pm on Friday night and the place was 2/3 empty. My husband and I have eaten in a lot of high end restaurants all over the country, and we could just tell from the menu that we were going to be underwhelmed when neither of us could find anything we really wanted to have. The place is just trying way too hard. I was very disappointed--had been looking forward to it.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Truly enjoyed it. 2nd time we've dined at FARM and we would definitely go back for a 3rd. Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Our honeymoonHoneymoonersDined on 8/3/2014Matthew was our server and was just excellent. He was so attentive and explained every item we were curious about. He was always looking out for cues if his tables needed anything else. At some places I'd have to have a staring contest with my server and watch them walk past just to flag them down. I merely glanced ups for a moment and he came by. Food was a journey with so many flavors residing in each dish. We had a wonderful honeymoon dinner there and had a couple special treats sent out to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014The food was good overall- however- the tuna was just awful and the water tasted like Jalapenos. We felt they should have offered bottled water at no charge at least... The waiter was just average- he didn't do a lot to recommend anything. The bartenders however were quite good.Special Features:
- LovetolunchVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had a beautiful anniversary dinner. Super friendly, helpful and attentive service. Beet salad was outstanding and beautiful. Juicy chicken entree. Salmon really good, but the accompaniments didn't add anything tastewise, but very pretty: baby popovers could have been yukon potatoes, and English pureed peas could have been a few whole pea pods. Very good rye bread, but rolls need to be replaced with a great roll in order to make it an outstanding meal. We were very happy we came here for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive food, very good serviceruddermanVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a super dinner at Farm. The space is large, filled with light, and even when filled not noisy. Service well done, not pushy but moved along at a reasonable and enjoyable pace. Excellent wine list, many local wines from the valley, as well as an excellent selection - mostly reasonable in price - from further afield. Had a nice restrained but evolving pinot from anderson valley I had the beets for a starter (ok, that's the main ingredient, but with crunchies, some leaves, some soft cheese, etc), and the lamb 3 ways for dinner. Scrumptious. An excellent array of coconut inspired morsels for dessert. The Jidori chicken and the carrots were excellent as well by report. A splendid evening!Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Thank you Brian Penly and your service staff we had a blast perusing through you culinary delights and bubbly libations what a great night. Can not wait for the next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15 MINUTES FROM NAPA OR SONOMA !!!FoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a great alternative, as it's located between Napa & Sonoma. The decor is understated elegance. The waitstaff is focused and know their product. The Market Oysters with Sparkling Wine Mignonette ($40 a dozen) was fantastic * The Liberty Farms Duck Breast with Chinese Five Spice Glaze, Grilled Ramps, Scallions, Pickled Vegetables & Fermented Black Beans ($34) was incredible * The Carnaroli Risotto with Maine Lobster, Preserved Meyer Lemon & Parmigiano-Reggiano ($17 half order - $34 entree) = WOW * Fantastic with their Summer Truffle Supplement from Umbria (Italy) at 4 Grams for only $12 (yes, $12 and a good amount) NOTES: Tasting Menu $95 * Corkage Fee $25 * Sit outside and have a cocktail next to the fire before or after dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful dinnermikhelDined on 7/31/2014Was celebrating my girlfriends birthday and they took care of us! Great meal and very romantic ambiance.Special Features:
- WonderfulLuv2dineDined on 7/30/2014This place is beautiful. The chicken was so fresh and local grown veggies. The wait staff was helpful as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the vibe & foodLuv2dineDined on 7/25/2014great staff, food was very good although I was referred by a foodie & I loved everything about The Farm but I didn't think the food was that special, very very good though! I was anticipating to be awedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRESHLindsayVIPDined on 7/25/2014The name says it all. Our meal consisted of the freshest local ingredients and was amazing. Our waitress left a lot to be desired. There were 7 of us so we declined the tasting menu and after that she seemed uninterested and unattentitive , but the food was spectacular.Special Features:
- Best experience in Napa areaMelvinDined on 7/23/2014We had the truffle fries and lobster risotto. Amazing food and a very tasty desert if jelly dognuts. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattyVIPDined on 7/23/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at the Farm. Both the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- Maybe it was just too late....DDHCDined on 7/19/2014Or maybe, I had heard such great things I just had really high expectations, but our experience was a big disappointment. Since we waited until the night before, we were not surprised to see that only 9:30pm was available and, given that part of our group was from Argentina, the time was no problem for us. But, because it was so "late" according to our waiter, the tasting menu was not available. The food we ordered was ok, but not great. We went a lot of time without seeing the waiter. Took 20 mins to get our check because they were so busy cleaning up. It was a late seating - but it was the only time available - we didn't pick it. They should be ready to serve the people that accept the reservations they offer.
- Quiet, Romantic GemLeo18Dined on 7/18/2014Had a great time here. Had a bottle of wine in front of the fire with a friend. Made a reservation, but was taken to the outside patio earlier. Heaters and blankets proided for those that had a chill. Great food, great wine (very extensive list), wonderful ambiance. Dinner under the stars in a huge cushioned seat. Excellent service, very attentive, but not overbearing. We closed the place. Last ones in the restaurant and I didn't feel hurried. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.