FARM at The Carneros Inn
4048 Sonoma Highway
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
FARM at The Carneros Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.farmatthecarnerosinn.com/
- Phone: (707) 299-4880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Menu 5:30-9:45pm Wednesday-Sunday
Bar Menu 4:00pm-10:00pm daily
Bar closes at 11:00pm daily and 12:00am on Friday/Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Budnyi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Wednesday & Thursday in the outdoor pavilion from 5:00pm - 8:00pm beginning May 15th through September. Small plate and drink specials apply during these times.
A word from FARM at The Carneros Inn
FARM, at The Carneros Inn is a restaurant dedicated to food that accompanies wine. We believe in well-balanced, comforting, full-flavored dishes that are simple in concept but complex in taste, emphasizing the natural flavors of the ingredients. We craft our own breads, pastries and Artisan Charcuterie products using our passion for experimentation, and respect of tradition. Our inspiration comes from access to the finest organic and sustainably raised ingredients that we source primarily within a 150 mile radius of Carneros, to harvest food that is at the peak of its season and flavor. The food we prepare supports and nurtures ourselves, our guests, and our land.Continued
Our dress code is business casual. For men, please adhere to no hats, shorts, or sandals in the dining room. Jackets are not required.
Our dress code is business casual. For men, please adhere to no hats, shorts, or sandals in the dining room. Jackets are not required.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
FARM at The Carneros Inn - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
FARM at The Carneros Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)special occasion (73)notable wine list (69)romantic (67)great for outdoor dining (47)good for groups (31)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (17)scenic view (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Fun for a special dinnerjennyVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great food. Had the tasting menu with wine pairing and it was very good. Waiter even made a substitution which I very much appreciated. Service was good but I have to knock them a star for the reception area. We had a 6:15 reservation (we made it last minute and that was all they had). Arrived about 6:10 and checked in with the hostess. There were probably 20 empty tables and she rather snottily told us that we were early and our table would be ready in about 15-20 minutes. We had a nice laugh about it at the bar but she really was rude when talking to us. Bar area is nice and fun décor but the bar tender and waiters must have taken a page from the hostess' book and were so condescending when they spoke to us. I asked for a taste of one of the wines by the glass that I wasn't familiar with and the waiter actually rolled his eyes. Sorry, but when the glass is $27 I'd kinda like to know if I'm going to like it before I order it. Could not understand all the attitude and have to say it was uncalled for. When you are dropping $800 on food and drinks for the evening you except superior service. Food made up for it but they have some work to do in the service department.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerTailwindDined on 11/8/2014First time at Farm..Great evening..food service presentation was excellent..wait staff very attentive...enjoyed ..modern look to restaurant ..outside covered seating looked interesting..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014We arrived after dark, and the covered patio area was beautifully lit with plenty of heaters to warm the space. Nice furniture groupings. We were seated promptly in the lovely dining room, and the service was neither rushed nor slow. Good selection of wines. Risotto was fabulous with small pieces of lobster, seasoned perfectly. The salmon entree was a substantial size - a thicker filet, which we prefer. Tables are nicely spaced so that we never felt we were on top of another group. Noise level was low and we were able to converse with normal voices. One suggestion - the signage when we arrived was confusing as to where to park for Farm. Overall, fantastic experience!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014From the glass of bubbles at dynamic bar to dessert on their patio everything was perfect. Service staff was on point thank you Brian Penly for making great suggestions on your list. Chef is clearly a talent and team disciplined because flavors and presentations we impressive and delicious.Special Features:
- Great dinner for 8SuzszakDined on 11/7/2014We hosted a client dinner for 8 at Farm and it was fabulous. Great food, service and decor. Great place to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014The Farm has a well rounded menu and the food is wonderful. The prices are a bit high but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointingSFboundVIPDined on 11/5/2014The entire experience at the farm can be best described as disappointing in the extreme. The room was dark and cold in spots. We asked if something could be done about the air conditioning and were told, "No." We had to ask to be moved. Our waiter, James, initially did not want to move us. He begrudgingly did so, and had an attitude for the rest of the dinner service. We considered the tasting menu, but luckily decided against it. Instead we ordered the Carnaroli risotto (too cheesy w/out any hint of lobster and sporadic bites of Meyer lemon); a "pickled" vegetable salad with one small piece of pickled cauliflower; the most flavorless bouillabaisse I've ever tasted; and a grilled duck breast that was bland and unevenly cooked. When all of our dishes were delivered to the table, James, our waiter never came over to say what we were being served, as is customary in any fine dining establishment. Both my friend and I are in the wine business and have told our friends and colleagues to steer clear of the Farm. There are too many other fantastic options in and around Napa.
- best food in napaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/26/2014We live in texas and travel to napa for the food and wine. Farm continues to have the best tasting food and great service. Love these guysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Patio SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The outdoor patio when you first walk in is spectacularly donned with long couches around fire pits, perfect for enjoying post dinner wine in the crisp Napa night. The food itself is also amazing; definitely try the lamb 3 ways. The lamb bacon was one of the best things I've ever eaten!Special Features:
- Food was good, but the noise!Taster2VIPDined on 10/25/2014The FARM had a high rating, so we dicided to give it a try. Perhaps we were unlucky. The three of us sat right next to a group of 10 or so ladies that sounded like they had a little too much to drink. We got bursts of loud laughter that was disruptive to a quiet dinner. Didn't think it will matter too much where we sat at the restaurant. I'm sure they resonated throughtout the restaurant. Thank goodness they left about 2/3 through our meal. We had the chef's course dinner. They were very accomodating to our requests. The food is good to very good. Although, the black peas that came with the breast of squab was salty. It was not just me and we just pushed it aside. The squab was very good. Other than the noise, the meal was very good.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experiencetwo4dinnerDined on 10/25/2014This was our first time at Farm and we were pleasantly surprised. The outdoor dining area with the fires and casual seating would have been my preference if not for the Word Series showing in the bar that we could see from our table. We chose the Chef's Menu and every dish was excellent. If you are at all price conscious, this may not be the dining experience for you. But for a great dining experience I would highly recommend Farm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014The restaurant was beautiful, unfortunately FARM's policies and procedures need to be revisited to be more accommodating to "guests" and not focused on just making money. Very disappointed in the way we were treated by management, we will not go back nor will we recommend this restaurant to anyone. What a shame…..should have been a fantastic dining experience….. We still had a wonderful day WITHOUT FARM!
- Great Venue But Salty CuisineWoodyDinesDined on 10/18/2014I've truly enjoyed The Farm on the past: good ambiance, beautiful locale, excellent service and fine food. All were in play this Saturday evening except for the food. Both the chicken entree and the striped bass entree were just way too salty. My girlfriend and I dine at a number of Napa and northeast Bay venues and do not encounter this problem. Seems like the chef is heavy-handed with the salt these days.Special Features:
- marieDined on 10/17/2014so good! would definitely eat here again. will recommend this restaurant to friendsSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinnerJenIDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I spent a long weekend in Napa and made sure to eat at many reputable, high quality restaurants. As much as we loved Ad Hoc and Enotre, we thought FARM was the best meal we ate. Beautiful scenery and restaurant, friendly service and delicious food. We ordered the tasting menu and honestly loved every course. The waitress was very accommodating, as my husband wanted the wine flight and I did not. She made sure he had everything he needed and kept me happy with a fabulous recommendation as well. Highly recommend FARM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special diningSushiloverVIPDined on 10/10/2014We arrived on time and were immediately seated. We had brought our own wine and the waiter graciously examined the bottle and opened it. We started with their fresh salad that was fabulous, and since we had brought a fine aged cab we both elected to eat the fillet. The fillet was cooked to perfection and served with some potatoes and mushrooms that were all perfectly prepared. Dessert was also amazing, i had the sorbets and my friend the apple bread pudding. Both were amazing. This is for a special occasion and it is not cheap, but well worth the price for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceSaintJohnsMIGuyDined on 10/9/2014My wife and I dined here on our 25th anniversary trip and loved it. We ordered the food tasting menu and enjoyed seven unique courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/8/2014My husbannd and I dined at th bar at this beautiful venue. We prefer to sit there whenever possible. Bartenders/waiters were very attentive. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Farm to Table and AMAZING!ILovetoDineOutVIPDined on 10/8/2014I had the pleasure of dining at Farm and chose the 7 course tasting menu. It was creative, delicious, and one of the most memorable meals I have had..... ever. There is an optional wine pairing with it as well. The service was impeccable, and the atmosphere was relaxing. Looking forward to returning on my next trip to Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot!BostonFoodieDined on 10/5/2014If I ever made it back to Napa, I wil definitely eat here again. A little pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't think about it, just go2foodiesDined on 10/4/2014Great ingredients, creative combinations and excellent execution. The outdoor eating area was also quiet and sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FARMLmaro0Dined on 10/2/2014The restaurant was able to accommodate an change in our reservation time which was great to start with. We were staying on property so went a bit early and enjoyed cocktails by the fire pit-husband ordered the Standard Mule which was tasty. Once seated we chose the tasting menu which was comprised of 9 courses. Favorite courses included the lamb and chocolate mint dessert. Overall presentation was excellent and the courses were well proportioned as we were quite full by the end. The only negative for us was the amount of time between each course-10 to 15 minutes which could have been shortened in my opinion. We would return for a repeat meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningBobsDined on 9/25/2014the was a great find-excellent service, food, wine, music. Decorations/deco is fabulous. The outside patio area with fireplace, comfortable seating,and live music was an added bonus. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalCorexDined on 9/24/2014Quaint hidden location...amazing food!!! Customers a little snooty, but staff was nothing but professional!Special Features:
- deliciuos special occasion mealopsoccermomDined on 9/21/20147 course tasting was excellent Enjoyed the flavors and textures of every course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in the wine country.gable13Dined on 9/21/2014Access is a little difficult, but worth figuring out. A relaxing ambiance on both outdoor and indoor dining spaces. Bar service available both inside and out, with interesting specialty drinks as well as a very good wine cellar. The service is impeccable, thoughtful and very friendly. There is a menu to suit most palates. Dining here is a special experience.Special Features:
- The Carneros Inn jewelGauchoDined on 9/20/2014A well deserved five star rating for The Farm. Wonderful food and lovely atmosphere. Always a treat!Special Features:
- Great FoodluluDined on 9/18/2014The tasting menu..... You will enjoy every bit of it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Wow, I was really looking forward to going to this highly rated restaurant while vacationing in wine country. What a let down. I can say they have a great sommelier who was very helpful, and their salads were very fresh, but the entrees were nothing special and the dessert was terrible.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014FARM at The Carneros Inn is amazing. Great blues/jazz/Motown band and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good But Hard to Find at NightROBOTMEISTERVIPDined on 9/7/2014Beautiful building and grounds that encourages large, covered outdoor patio seating. 4 star food using local provisions. Good restaurant service and great bartender. Overall, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Foodie HeavenERhoneVIPDined on 9/3/2014My boyfriend and I had the chefs tasting menu. Every plate was the wow factor, especially the lobster risotto!! We can't wait to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect Napa dining experienceBeachlifeDined on 8/23/2014The dining experience was perfectly matched only by the beauty and fantastic wines of Napa. Our culinary adventure starting with refreshing cucumber soup slightly accented with almonds, and spice pepper; followed by a perfect filet and the most extraordinary lobster risotto! We have never tasted risotto with such flavors and perfect texture. Finishing off the evening with Pluot Cobbler - A dessert of my liking, not too sweet or tart and baked to perfection. Wrapped in excellent service, it was a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciouscaitlynelizabetDined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious and the portions hearty. The staff was excellent. Go a little earlier than your reservation to have a cocktail outside by the fire pits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014Seemed to have slipped a touch since our first visit. Still very good but in Napa, you HAVE to shine. Sommelier had to read the list, he should know it by heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing group dinnerHersheycrewVIPDined on 8/15/2014FARM was hands down the best dinner we had over our three day visit to Napa this past weekend. The ambience of the hotel and grounds are amazing and the restaurant itself very tastefully designed. Our group had the tasting menu and while the food was superb, the only negative comment would be the time it took to get through all the courses. Negative is not really fair, as we enjoyed our time, but three hours was a bit long. All in all, very pleased with our experience and we will be back not only to FARM, but to the hotel itself as this place is truly special.Special Features:
- Last night of vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Our final night of vacation was spent at the Farm Restaurant. Group of 4. We had drinks and appetizers on the covered patio. We listened to a great trio of musicians. The hostess came to get us at our reservation time (7:45) . Staff was very attentive. The menu was not extensive but had something for everyone. All farm fresh. I had the Salmon,....fabulousSpecial Features:
- RebeccaDined on 8/8/2014We had a glass of very good Sauvignon Blanc and left. The menu was Over the top "eclectic" and we were having trouble finding something we really wanted to order. I'm sure the food is good, but the place felt stiff, was expensive and none of the entrees were really appealing to us. It was 8pm on Friday night and the place was 2/3 empty. My husband and I have eaten in a lot of high end restaurants all over the country, and we could just tell from the menu that we were going to be underwhelmed when neither of us could find anything we really wanted to have. The place is just trying way too hard. I was very disappointed--had been looking forward to it.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Truly enjoyed it. 2nd time we've dined at FARM and we would definitely go back for a 3rd. Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Our honeymoonHoneymoonersDined on 8/3/2014Matthew was our server and was just excellent. He was so attentive and explained every item we were curious about. He was always looking out for cues if his tables needed anything else. At some places I'd have to have a staring contest with my server and watch them walk past just to flag them down. I merely glanced ups for a moment and he came by. Food was a journey with so many flavors residing in each dish. We had a wonderful honeymoon dinner there and had a couple special treats sent out to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.