Farm Artisan Foods
22 E. State Street
Redlands, CA 92373Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Farm Artisan Foods
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.farmartisanfoods.com/
- Phone: 9097921162x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday- Saturday, , 5pm - 9pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Roberto Argentina
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact roberto argentina at (909) 792-1162 for catering and private dining room special arrangements.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room hosts 25.
- Private Party Contact: roberto argentina 9097921162x
- Special Events: Monthly wine dinners and beer dinners.
A word from Farm Artisan Foods
Located in historic downtown Redlands Farm Artisan focuses on local produce and meat procurement. Our vision is to supply our restaurant with products received within the range of a gallon of gas. We focus on locally available produce. We produce all our pastas, breads, desserts, cured meats, pates, etc.Continued
Half of our menu is vegan and many choices are gluten free
Half of our menu is vegan and many choices are gluten free
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Farm Artisan Foods reviews from OpenTable diners
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014food portions were very small and wife's meat was little overcooked. Expected more quality desert selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good.MarvinDined on 2/15/2014We were a party of six and of various appetites. We spent three hours drinking, eating and visiting and at no time did we feel rushed. Two of us had the Prix Fixe 5 course dinner and the other four had two or three courses. In addition to choosing one of their wine selections, we brought a special bottle of our own. They gladly decanted our wine and served it along with the purchased bottle. It was not the first visit for any of us, but surely not our last, as we have come to expect great food, great service and pleasant surroundings in a rare, these days, unhurried atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodGrahamHDined on 2/14/2014The food is always exciting here. They only use fresh local ingredients cooked really well in.a unique and adventurous style that just works. Avery good restaurant, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- less than expectednotimpressedDined on 2/14/2014ordered filet which usually with filets I order medium but decided for medium well. meat was tough (had to use serious force to cut), rubbery and nothing special as far as taste goes. my love ordered the halibut and very bland and again nothing special. I felt it was very over priced for the quality and taste of food. I would have said something about the food but the waitress was so nice and I didn't feel like complaining and ruining a nice valentine evening. overall a waste of time and money. however good concept though with obtaining organic food within a close proximity of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Best place to eat in Redlands!FranciePDined on 2/14/2014Outstanding food! Lobster and cauliflower bisque is a must have. Extensive wine and beer list. House made desserts. Go for small plates and drinks or NY cheesecake if you can't make it for dinner. Our server RJ was great, ask for him and follow his recommendationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our family of four visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2014Our family of four visited for Valentines Day. Though the food was good, healthy and artfully presented, the portions were small for the prices and we were underwhelmed. My NY Strip was cooked fine, but the quality of meat was less than I expected and not as good as similar cuts at alternative restaurants.
- excellent dinnerbmwfanDined on 2/11/2014Recently dined at the Farm. Its been a while, but food and service were as excellent as my previous experiences. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!FifiDined on 2/6/2014We had dinner here with friends and ate the set menu. It was delicious and very good value. We had very attentive aervice from two charming waitresses and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestauranttravelerVIPDined on 2/6/2014I loved this restaurant. The service was excellent, food delicious, and even met the owner who was extremely warm and pleasant. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsSogoooooodDined on 2/5/2014One of the best restaurants in Redlands. The true gem. The food is inspired and seasonal. Every time I've eaten there it is a gastronomical journey. So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive and deliciousMrWillTownsendDined on 1/17/2014Farm Artisan Foods is a continual sourc of inspiration for those who seek locally sourced, heartfelt, and rustic cuisine. Every visit makes me want to get in the garden and the kitchen. Thank you chef for running such a special restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food -- almost felt likerecommendVIPDined on 1/17/2014Good food -- almost felt like homemade. Great attention to freshness and quality ingredients.
- Beer DinnerZaidDined on 1/16/2014They do a beer dinner often. This was a Belgian beer dinner and was paired really well with the food we had. The portions were perfect, and enjoyed each course with each pairing. (I even enjoyed the asparagus quiche). Roberto had me enjoying something with asparagus in it. We have already reserved our spot for the next beer dinner, and look forward to many more dinners at the Farm in Redlands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my top faveFoodFinderDined on 12/31/2013I rave every time! It's tough not to when things are near-perfect all the time. The chef continues to innovate, surprise, and please. Farm Artisan never gets old. Thank heaven it's close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good, the bad, and the uglyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/19/2013I dined here with a friend for our annual Christmas splurge. Our entrees were good. I had the Halibut with potatoes and peas--excellent. We shared two appetizers: the three cheeses were fine but the beet salad had only a few slivers of beet. My friend had the cookie plate for dessert. It had only four small, uninspired cookies,. My banana molasses cake was very good but they must have cut the slice with a laser to make it so thin . The service was slow. About the ugly: the art work on the walls. There was a rather disturbing painting of a black bird with a large eye looming over our table Bottom line: I recommend this restaurant because of several unique, outstanding dishes , but don't go if you want generous portions.Special Features:
- Memorable and RomanticTasterTroyDined on 12/19/2013Called ahead and set up a five course chef's tasting, upon seating, our waitress asked if we had any dislikes, allergies, or special requirements, told her no and to let the chef freestyle whatever he wanted. The quinoa lobster salad was amazing, but the seared duck breast on polenta was phenomenal, as were the other courses, desert was banana cake with a salted caramel sauce (WOW!!!!) and a chocolate mousse cake and a glass of port. My wife had the wine pairing flight with her dinner that our waitress matched perfectly with each dish. This is one of our favorites for a fine night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Friendly in Redlands!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/4/2013Finally a place in Redlands that offers delicious vegan choices! Others in my group had excellent "menu of the day" choice with good-size portions. Excellent value! We were also lucky that they had a "beer tasting" along with the food items for just $10 more. We will definitely frequent this restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been here twice- theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013I have been here twice- the first time a friend and myself tried the 7 course sampler. I felt that that dishes were hit and miss for my pallet. But, I could also understand that some people enjoy some things more than others. Each portion was prepared very well. We came back a second time- because we absolutely LOVED the duck. We did not prefer the sides the duck typically comes with- but the staff was very friendly in allowing us to change the sides to mashed potatoes and vegetables. They. Were. Awesome. We also started our meal off with the wild mushrooms and polenta- it's absolutely perfect and not one thing I would change about it. The only complaint I have it that they do not keep their beverages well stocked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Small PortionsRastusDined on 11/9/2013...and Loud Groups. Got both some appetizers and the price fixe 3-course menu. The overall quality was good, albeit with small portions, particularly of the pulled pork entree. The beet and goat cheese salad as well as the mixed dessert including a house-made chocolate chip cookie and some chocolate mousse were equally good and equally small. Perhaps because of the presence of two large groups (one in the private dining room in the back) the overall noise level was loud for a relatively small number of diners; this is contributed to by the hard surfaces of the floor and walls, although they do put up some local artwork which is nice. Overall, a nice but not extraordinary dining experience that could be improved by some small changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpriced! And bland foodJazzyjazDined on 11/9/2013Food was bland and overpriced. I ordered the beet and goat cheese salad which was bland. My table had no salt or pepper on it which may have helped this pathetic tasting salad, and the server was no where to be found to ask for either. I ate it because I was so hungry. Btw the server talked me into the salad saying it was delicious! Not good! The filet mignon was cooked to a perfect rare but was over salted. The mashed potatoes were also bland and almost tasted like they came from a box. The mushrooms were sitting in a pool of oil. My boyfriend ordered the flank which was dry. We asked for a dessert menu then 15 minutes later the server comes over to ask us if we wanted dessert. By then we were over it! So, we won't be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner!PeteXDined on 11/8/2013Had a wonderful meal in the great downtown setting of Redlands, CA. Pricey, but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and delicious food!DrLydiaGrayDined on 11/2/2013Celebrated a birthday at Artisan Farms. Experience was incredible, server was exceptional!. Food choices are limited, but great choices. I had the chicken breast with polenta and veggies, perfectly done and very tasty. The birthday girl had the Portabello Wellington and it was divine. Others at the table had the salmon and the filet and raved how delicious their meals were. Location is in the historic center of Redlands, ambiance was delightful, very trendy and open. Outside dining available, however, we sat inside. I give this restaurant the highest rating in all areas. The fact that their ingredients are organic and they offer healthy choices is well worth the visit. Try their flour less chocolate cake or the cheesecake yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerchefaVIPDined on 10/24/2013The service and ambiance were really great and perfect for sitting outside and watching the Farmers Market on Thursday. The wine list is small but very good. The fresh bread was amazing, the scallops were cooked and seasoned perfectly, everything else we ordered - the pasta, the polenta dish, the cheese plate - we're better than average but not as good as we had hoped. We will definitely try this place again and taste some different items next time because even though we weren't wow'd by the food I think it was just an off night in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated, NOT fit for foodiesamy127Dined on 10/4/2013Wow is this restaurant overrated. The food here was underwhelming. I had the special corn, tarragon, and cauliflower soup which lacked in flavor and in tarragon. I asked for salt and pepper to bring some flavors to the dish. Then I had the special pasta, basil tomato which was a homemade wide-square pasta which was undercooked and tasted like raw flour and again was bland in flavor. I finished with a dry flavorless chicken breast which was served with an overcooked and sticky risotto. The best thing I ate that night was one of the roasted carrots that accompanied the chicken breast. Service was decent. This is not somewhere fit for foodies or anyone who enjoys flavorful well cooked food.
- We attended on a friday eveningHazmanDined on 9/27/2013We attended on a friday evening about 6 pm - not very crowded. We had a reservation and was ushered towards the back. The outside dining area looked more inviting but since it was our first time we thought we would "go with the flow." The service was great, with the staff explaining the different entrees. The only real disappointment was a major lack of vegatarian-type foods. The steak and seafood were very good The wine list was extensive enough that something could be paired with the food in a variety of price ranges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!gymratDined on 9/21/2013I have only been here a handful of times (the price is out of our budget to frequent weekly), but I love coming here. The food is always fresh and in season and the service is always friendly. It is a great treat every time I get a chance to go in:) I'm not vegan, but they have a great selection of vegan items to choose from.Special Features:
- wonderfulgoblinDined on 9/20/2013The food from the cheese plate and entrees and great dessert. Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food small portions, priceycheesemaker1Dined on 9/18/2013I liked the food. Good for vegetarians, but the portions good have been a bit bigger. Food was fresh and well prepared. THey did cater to my food needs of no flour, no sugar. I had the lentils with veggies and a side of more veggies as I eat a lot of veggies . It was very good, and presented very nicely onthe plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for ThoughtGreatScottDined on 9/14/2013Fine Food, Excellent service, Choose from small or large plated dinner selections, A relaxed dining atmosphere... Did I say excellent service? Yes indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer trialFoodie54Dined on 9/7/2013Food was good but I expected more flavor from the dishes we ordered and expected the melon soup to be chilled a bit more. I would come back to try other food out of curiosity. Room was too warm and put a damper on our appetites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu never ceases to amazeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2013The menu never ceases to amaze me. I've never had a bad meal or experiance here. The price is much less than you would expect for the high quality food they prepare. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative varietyFoodFinderDined on 8/31/2013I'm always happy when I leave - even though I can find an occasional criticism (like they didn't have sorbet or ice cream during the hottest season or the waiter got the dessert menu confused) it's my absolute favorite place to dine IN THE WORLD. The creative nature, variety, and freshness is, in my experience, unmatched.Special Features:
- Glad we finally wentKato66Dined on 8/17/2013We'd heard good things about this restaurant and were looking forward to trying it. The food did not disappoint. Other than the duck being a tad salty, everything was spot on. The restaurant itself probably benefits from being noisy and crowded. We were there early when it was mostly empty though and it was a bit like eating in warehouse. Service was very friendly and attentive. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceCheeseDined on 8/14/2013I especially enjoyed the four course beer pairing meal on Wednesday evening. Many restaurants have paired wine with their menu, but this beer pairing is unique. A "must do" for anyone who appriciates fine dining and great beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yet another good experiencefamilydinnerDined on 8/10/2013My boyfriend and I have always loved going to the farm for dinner, the menu is always changing and we have never been disappointed in the quality. My parents were visiting fomr out of town and it was my grandmothers 97th birthday so we didn't hesitate to bring in the whole group for dinner! Everyone was impressed with the food, wine choices, and service. We will continue to make the farm a regular spot for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchsillyDined on 7/12/2013I came there on July 12 th for my friends Birthday and the food was great, fresh but our waitress could have been more attentive we had to ask for more iced tea a few times and she left our dishes on table a long time before clearing. Other than that the experience was good. LindaSpecial Features:
- Service not goodSRLMDined on 7/2/2013The food was fine but I asked for a chicken breast with my salad. The waitress said no. Really? What restaurant doesn't add chicken, beef or fish to a specialty salad. The waitress was poor but the busboy was extremely helpful and made sure our teas and waters were refilled. The smallest piece of cheesecake was served for dessert. I will not go back to this restaurant. I used to love it.
- Such Mixed FeelingsPattyoboeVIPDined on 6/29/2013The food was delicious. The service wasn't great. We had chosen the restaurant since it implied it had an abundance of vegan choices but I also saw there were meat items and we had both a vegan and a meat eater in our group. After being treated with a bit of disdain our meals came out and they were quite delicious, albeit more wintry than I would have thought would be served on a 106 degree day. No desserts were vegan, so we didn't stay for that and my party was disappointed in that. So as I say, mixed feelings. The food you get will, most likely be incredibly tasty, but you might be treated not-so-nicely. (One server laughed at my daughter and another rolled her eyes. I mean ... really?!) I probably won't return.Special Features:
- Very good food, plain decorOrrlfrdVIPDined on 6/28/2013Read reviews about this place and agree with all. Food taste and quality very good for reasonable price. Decor not spectacular, and somewhat noisy. Real tablecloths nice. No need to dressup for this place and service very good, but split most dishes and no offer to bring plates to make sharing easy-- not a really big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, friendly staff,PachinkoVIPDined on 6/28/2013Excellent food, friendly staff, never had a bad dish, tried them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.