160 Promenade Way
Westlake Village, CA 91362Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.farfallawestlakevillage.com/
- Phone: (805) 497-2283
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm; Sunday: 1:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Santino Coccia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Farfalla Westlake
Farfalla Westlake is located at 'The Promenade'. The trattoria provides a very nice setting from the attractive exterior to the handsome interior, with beautifully appointed dark woods, cocktail-height tables as you walk in, and a full bar to the right. Spacious, Farfalla Westlake gives you the option of intimate seating either at our sheltered and heated patio or inside the main dining area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Farfalla Westlake - Best Restaurants in Westlake Village ›
Farfalla Westlake reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (32)great for outdoor dining (29)fit for foodies (23)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (16)good for groups (16)romantic (13)hot spot (12)special occasion (11)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great placeredwineDined on 11/15/2014Overall it was great. First time there and want to go back. Pasta was fantastic. I gave it 4 stars because there was not much organization when we walked in. We had a reservation and did not have to wait long buy the front desk seemed harried, confused. checking tables to see if they were clean and what not. Was crowded, loved the feel of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoritesandykDined on 11/7/2014Farfalla is one of my go to restaurants. Always busy and full of life. A large menu with specials most nights. Friday was no exception, they wee serving a pork chop in a cognac sauce. Wonderful tastes and very tender. The sole special was baked in parchment and defined st the table. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy for a romantic eveningloudDined on 11/4/2014There was a group of 10 or so adjacent to us who were so loud that you really needed ear protection.
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantSherriR6379Dined on 11/1/2014We had dinner with friends last Saturday night at Farfalla. The food and service were very good. I had the Mushroom Risotto prepared in a Parmesan wheel. It was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Always GoodsandykDined on 11/1/2014We've been coming to Farfalla for years. The food and service is always good. It's always busy so it's good to get a reservation. This time see ordered calamari a an appetizer...It was so tender. I'm sure we'll be ordering again. This visit our group ordered lobster, pork chops, rib eye steak and chicken picata.. All were delicious and worth ordering again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I produce film and tv and I am a journalist. This is one of the best restaurants I have ever gone to. We enjoyed my wife's birthday on Saturday with 11 people and a two year old. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mozzarella.foodlustDined on 10/31/2014Get an appetizer from the Mozzarella bar. OMG. The burrata is to die for. The flavors in everything are mouth-popping, full bodied and conversation stoppers (because you are so focused on the magic that you're experiencing). The wine list is very deep and rich. I very much enjoyed the Barolo, the Barbera is always velvety, and the Sangiovese was flavorful too. Bread and bruschetta unending... This was only my eighth experience there. Every time, the waiters are responsive, accessible, extremely knowledgeable, and fun. The espresso is rich and full and the pera chocolate tart was creamy and rich and... Go. If you love distinctive food, this is the place. Just go.Special Features:
- DisappointingLAinLADined on 10/18/2014I've been here twice. The first time I enjoyed the outdoor area, but it took too long b4 the waitress acknowledged us. The food was fine, nothing spectacular. I thought I would try it again, my friend & I went to Cineopolis & I felt this was conveniently located. We were seated right away; but it took the waiter some time b4 he came to the table. I ordered the lamb chops & asked for medium rare +, they arrived rare. My friend ordered the pumpkin ravioli she said it had a strong nutty taste, which she didn't particularly care for. They were busy, it reflected in the lack of service. I should never have to wave down the waiter to fill my glass. Unfortunately, we will not be back, its a shame because I wanted this to be a go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceBaileymuffinDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful food and excellent service. We will definitely go back.
- Trendy and VibrantBond007Dined on 9/26/2014Farfalla is an energetic and at the same time romantic restaurant. Food and service are good. It is a fun place to dine. Wines are on the pricy side, with the cheapest cabernet by the glass being $15 for a so so wine.Special Features:
- Great after movie spotDebra314Dined on 9/21/2014My husband & I were cozily seated side by side outside on the covered veranda. Great food, reasonable prices. I especially enjoyed the farfalle with carciofi, delicious! Excellent service. When I did not enjoy the first glass of wine I choose, the waiter cheerfully suggested and substituted another without fuss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantboothstarDined on 9/9/2014We met another couple, and opted for an outside table. A breeze was blowing, and the landscaping outside made us feel like we were in Italy. The staff is very friendly with a light touch, again, like a real Italian restaurant. Very good pasta dishes, Cioppino, chicken and risotto. We were very pleased with the evening. Will go again.Special Features:
- Kfamily4VIPDined on 8/28/2014Great service, great portions and always leave with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceFoodieDined on 8/27/2014This was an excellent experience! We sat in the outside dining area so we could have a conversation because the bar area was packed and very loud. We enjoyed two very interesting cocktails and I would order them again. One was a watermelon mojito, very refreshing. We then enjoyed the gnocchi with bolognese and my friend had penne with pink sauce. Additionally we had a glass of wine. The meal was satisfying and delicious. Out server was friendly, efficient and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceTKOSCOTTDined on 8/16/2014Always great food and service. Nice to see Gluten free options on the menuSpecial Features:
- Way too noisy but great foodTikkapennyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Some of the best Italian food I've had but no one could hear each other. Also,there's a weird rule that they won't serve you break until after you place your order.Special Features:
- Outstanding menu varietySteveDined on 8/14/2014Many great menu choices - lots of variety in the dishes and price range.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Farfalla Westlake reviews archive.
- Terrible wait staffMsjrDined on 7/25/2014Table attendant was completely unknowledgeable about allergy considerations and brushed off my concerns and requests. He answered questions and then indicated he didn't even know what the allergy was and what foods were implicated. I explained that I had called in before arriving and thought I could accommodated; table attendant was condescending towards myself and the hostess who he indicated knew "nothing" and that I should have known not to trust her information since she only answered the phones and isn't a cook.Special Features:
- Amazing Local placeMikeVIPDined on 7/23/2014John and his staff do an amazing job. So lucky to have it in the neighborhood. I had a bottle of Ferrari (Italian Champagne). What a great find!!!Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!!TuchiDined on 7/19/2014Had a party of 10 and they accommodated us beautifully!! Jorge out server was a gem!! Excellent service, delicious food, great ambience! A wonderful evening had by all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodPatNVIPDined on 7/5/2014We always enjoy Farfalla. The food is consistent and good quality. Servers are very friendly and helpful. Be warned, the kitchen is slow. Expect to wait more than normal. If you do that, you'll have a great meal and great time.Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianTruewiseprinceVIPDined on 6/25/2014Great ristorante if your in the mood for Italian. Food is always fresh, plated well and right on temperature wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodtheluckystarrDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed the food but the service was a bit slow. The restaurant was a bit noisy and the sitting arrangement was not ideal for romantic dinning. Overall, it is good for casual dinning but not for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodSharonyDined on 6/13/2014The best Italian restaurant in the area. A trip to ItalySpecial Features:
- Great FoodjackiezDined on 6/13/2014We've been many times. You usually need reservation to be seated in quieter outdoor patio. If you like the room noisy, there is open seating in bar area (usually busy) and dinner seating next to it in same room. Last time I had spaghetti bolognese. On menu comes with different pasta, but I wanted spaghetti. That bolognese sauce was the best I have had anywhere. The meat in it was top quality (no grisly bits). Ate it all!Special Features:
- Good Food, Fair ServiceRfjones5150Dined on 6/6/2014Noisy bar scene that overpowers the restaurant area. Food is very good but service is only fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice wine list food mediocreLetdownDined on 5/24/2014Service was excellent. Wife's Cosmo bit too strong for her but it was tasty. She had vegetables with shrimp and it was just ok. I had tuna and it was cooked in too many spices and it was luke warm. We have not been there for a year. Prolly be another before we go back. It seemed to be a happening place for the 25-30 crowd.
- Tdg4619VIPDined on 5/23/2014The service is always slow And inconsistent We come when were going to the movies But the service is mediocreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonymartzTonymartzDined on 5/18/2014Delicious food and excellent service. The wine list ware great.Special Features:
- Great eats in Westlakelunarose47Dined on 5/17/2014We met some friends at Farfalla for a Saturday night dinner. The food, mostly seafood, was excellent, the Sangria was wonderful and so was the service. My only complaint about Farfalla is the noise level which is something I don't think they can change. It's a popular spot with an energetic bar scene which creates a level of noise I find uncomfortable. However, that said, we enjoyed our dining experience, were able to converse with our friends and will most likely return.Special Features:
- don't arrive hungry!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014We had lunch on a Saturday after a family graduation, 10 of us at 1 PM. The restaurant wasn't very busy, they did have one other large table. Wait staff was slow to take our drink order and very slow to take our lunch order. It took 2-1/2 hours to have lunch. I wouldn't recommend for a large party! The food was very good. They didn't look understaffed, we made the reservation in advance. Not a walk-in. I guess since gratuity is built in on large parties, they don't need to worry about giving you good service.
- Great Eveningangelmorg17Dined on 5/16/2014Had a wonderful meal. Jorge is a great server. Constantly came by to make sure everything was OK. I highly recommend this restaurant for excellent food and service.Special Features:
- MarcVIPDined on 5/13/2014Always good quality food. This is an underrated place. BravoSpecial Features:
- Dinner on Saturday nightMaggieSaturdayNightDined on 5/10/2014We had a fun time at this restaurant. The food was delicious. Our waiter was charming. Cocktails were a bit pricey, but good. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to go back again. Made the reservation online. Apparently, this was a good idea, as the people ahead of us at reception said they'd called the day before and made a reservation. The receptionist couldn't find any record of it. We were seated promptly and had an good experience.Special Features:
- ItalianotravelbugDined on 5/8/2014Always love the food but this time the Puttensca was cold. We ate it anyway as it is always so delicious. Should have sent it back but we didn't want to wait.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianTweezilDined on 5/4/2014Far fall aid our go-to Italian restaurant in Westlake Village. Love the covered patio seating. The food is consistently good, if not spectacular. The timballino of shaved artichokes and Parmesan is genius.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2014Good food. Okay service--waiter never asked us if we wanted to order drinks of any kind.
- One of the bestFarfallaFanDined on 4/21/2014If you want great food at reasonable prices it's hard to beat Farfalla. We have dined there three or four time now and have never been disappointed in the food. Service is usually good but can be a little slow.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experience in WestlakeOpenMouthVIPDined on 4/19/2014She had the cesare salad, it was good and the chicken marsala and loved it. I had the tropicale salad, loved it and the orecchiette pugliesi and loved that. The interior looks the same as it has been for years. Could use upgrade in décor and comfort. Tables too close together on patio so you hear the Westlake crowd bragging to each other right and left, which is reflective of the "me" generation. Out waiter was efficient, curt but did not list any specials though the other waiters did. I guess we just didn't look like we were worth the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimePatNVIPDined on 4/19/2014Service can be a little slow, but as long as you're prepared for that the food is good and worth it. It's a nice location especially on Saturday nights when you can go listen to live music afterwards.Special Features: