160 Promenade Way
Westlake Village, CA 91362Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.farfallawestlakevillage.com/
- Phone: 8054972283
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm; Sunday: 1:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Santino Coccia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Farfalla Westlake
Farfalla Westlake is located at 'The Promenade'. The trattoria provides a very nice setting from the attractive exterior to the handsome interior, with beautifully appointed dark woods, cocktail-height tables as you walk in, and a full bar to the right. Spacious, Farfalla Westlake gives you the option of intimate seating either at our sheltered and heated patio or inside the main dining area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Farfalla Westlake - Best Restaurants in Westlake Village ›
Farfalla Westlake reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (22)vibrant bar scene (22)special occasion (14)great for lunch (13)good for groups (12)notable wine list (12)romantic (12)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Very pleasantboothstarDined on 9/9/2014We met another couple, and opted for an outside table. A breeze was blowing, and the landscaping outside made us feel like we were in Italy. The staff is very friendly with a light touch, again, like a real Italian restaurant. Very good pasta dishes, Cioppino, chicken and risotto. We were very pleased with the evening. Will go again.Special Features:
- Kfamily4VIPDined on 8/28/2014Great service, great portions and always leave with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceFoodieDined on 8/27/2014This was an excellent experience! We sat in the outside dining area so we could have a conversation because the bar area was packed and very loud. We enjoyed two very interesting cocktails and I would order them again. One was a watermelon mojito, very refreshing. We then enjoyed the gnocchi with bolognese and my friend had penne with pink sauce. Additionally we had a glass of wine. The meal was satisfying and delicious. Out server was friendly, efficient and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceTKOSCOTTDined on 8/16/2014Always great food and service. Nice to see Gluten free options on the menuSpecial Features:
- Way too noisy but great foodTikkapennyDined on 8/15/2014Some of the best Italian food I've had but no one could hear each other. Also,there's a weird rule that they won't serve you break until after you place your order.Special Features:
- Outstanding menu varietySteveDined on 8/14/2014Many great menu choices - lots of variety in the dishes and price range.Special Features:
- Terrible wait staffMsjrDined on 7/25/2014Table attendant was completely unknowledgeable about allergy considerations and brushed off my concerns and requests. He answered questions and then indicated he didn't even know what the allergy was and what foods were implicated. I explained that I had called in before arriving and thought I could accommodated; table attendant was condescending towards myself and the hostess who he indicated knew "nothing" and that I should have known not to trust her information since she only answered the phones and isn't a cook.Special Features:
- Amazing Local placeMikeVIPDined on 7/23/2014John and his staff do an amazing job. So lucky to have it in the neighborhood. I had a bottle of Ferrari (Italian Champagne). What a great find!!!Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!!TuchiDined on 7/19/2014Had a party of 10 and they accommodated us beautifully!! Jorge out server was a gem!! Excellent service, delicious food, great ambience! A wonderful evening had by all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodPatNVIPDined on 7/5/2014We always enjoy Farfalla. The food is consistent and good quality. Servers are very friendly and helpful. Be warned, the kitchen is slow. Expect to wait more than normal. If you do that, you'll have a great meal and great time.Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianTruewiseprinceVIPDined on 6/25/2014Great ristorante if your in the mood for Italian. Food is always fresh, plated well and right on temperature wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodtheluckystarrDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed the food but the service was a bit slow. The restaurant was a bit noisy and the sitting arrangement was not ideal for romantic dinning. Overall, it is good for casual dinning but not for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodSharonyDined on 6/13/2014The best Italian restaurant in the area. A trip to ItalySpecial Features:
- Great FoodjackiezDined on 6/13/2014We've been many times. You usually need reservation to be seated in quieter outdoor patio. If you like the room noisy, there is open seating in bar area (usually busy) and dinner seating next to it in same room. Last time I had spaghetti bolognese. On menu comes with different pasta, but I wanted spaghetti. That bolognese sauce was the best I have had anywhere. The meat in it was top quality (no grisly bits). Ate it all!Special Features:
- Good Food, Fair ServiceRfjones5150Dined on 6/6/2014Noisy bar scene that overpowers the restaurant area. Food is very good but service is only fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice wine list food mediocreLetdownDined on 5/24/2014Service was excellent. Wife's Cosmo bit too strong for her but it was tasty. She had vegetables with shrimp and it was just ok. I had tuna and it was cooked in too many spices and it was luke warm. We have not been there for a year. Prolly be another before we go back. It seemed to be a happening place for the 25-30 crowd.
- Tdg4619VIPDined on 5/23/2014The service is always slow And inconsistent We come when were going to the movies But the service is mediocreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Farfalla Westlake reviews archive.
- TonymartzTonymartzDined on 5/18/2014Delicious food and excellent service. The wine list ware great.Special Features:
- Great eats in Westlakelunarose47Dined on 5/17/2014We met some friends at Farfalla for a Saturday night dinner. The food, mostly seafood, was excellent, the Sangria was wonderful and so was the service. My only complaint about Farfalla is the noise level which is something I don't think they can change. It's a popular spot with an energetic bar scene which creates a level of noise I find uncomfortable. However, that said, we enjoyed our dining experience, were able to converse with our friends and will most likely return.Special Features:
- don't arrive hungry!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014We had lunch on a Saturday after a family graduation, 10 of us at 1 PM. The restaurant wasn't very busy, they did have one other large table. Wait staff was slow to take our drink order and very slow to take our lunch order. It took 2-1/2 hours to have lunch. I wouldn't recommend for a large party! The food was very good. They didn't look understaffed, we made the reservation in advance. Not a walk-in. I guess since gratuity is built in on large parties, they don't need to worry about giving you good service.
- Great Eveningangelmorg17Dined on 5/16/2014Had a wonderful meal. Jorge is a great server. Constantly came by to make sure everything was OK. I highly recommend this restaurant for excellent food and service.Special Features:
- MarcVIPDined on 5/13/2014Always good quality food. This is an underrated place. BravoSpecial Features:
- Dinner on Saturday nightMaggieSaturdayNightDined on 5/10/2014We had a fun time at this restaurant. The food was delicious. Our waiter was charming. Cocktails were a bit pricey, but good. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to go back again. Made the reservation online. Apparently, this was a good idea, as the people ahead of us at reception said they'd called the day before and made a reservation. The receptionist couldn't find any record of it. We were seated promptly and had an good experience.Special Features:
- ItalianotravelbugDined on 5/8/2014Always love the food but this time the Puttensca was cold. We ate it anyway as it is always so delicious. Should have sent it back but we didn't want to wait.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianTweezilDined on 5/4/2014Far fall aid our go-to Italian restaurant in Westlake Village. Love the covered patio seating. The food is consistently good, if not spectacular. The timballino of shaved artichokes and Parmesan is genius.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2014Good food. Okay service--waiter never asked us if we wanted to order drinks of any kind.
- One of the bestFarfallaFanDined on 4/21/2014If you want great food at reasonable prices it's hard to beat Farfalla. We have dined there three or four time now and have never been disappointed in the food. Service is usually good but can be a little slow.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experience in WestlakeOpenMouthVIPDined on 4/19/2014She had the cesare salad, it was good and the chicken marsala and loved it. I had the tropicale salad, loved it and the orecchiette pugliesi and loved that. The interior looks the same as it has been for years. Could use upgrade in décor and comfort. Tables too close together on patio so you hear the Westlake crowd bragging to each other right and left, which is reflective of the "me" generation. Out waiter was efficient, curt but did not list any specials though the other waiters did. I guess we just didn't look like we were worth the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimePatNVIPDined on 4/19/2014Service can be a little slow, but as long as you're prepared for that the food is good and worth it. It's a nice location especially on Saturday nights when you can go listen to live music afterwards.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian in Thousand OaksOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2014When I want a reminder of Italy, I go to Farfala. The food and service are consistently sensational. All they lack is a carbonara.Special Features:
- A taste of ItalyCaliforniaGirlDined on 4/16/2014Love the food, love eating on the enclosed patio or indoors, savor the flavors and enjoy Italy without a passport :)Special Features:
- Good food. Made online 6:30DevineDined on 4/12/2014Good food. Made online 6:30 pm reservation and was seated promptly. Service..not so great. We were a party of 4 and celebrating my husbands birthday. We found ourselves looking for the waiter quite a bit throughout the evening. The restaurant was busy, but did not seem in lack of sufficient help to expedite service. We were sat in the enclosed, heated patio. At first, I was concerned it would be drafty, but this was not an issue. The patio proved to be a better choice to sit than the main dining area due to the noise level. It was so loud in the main dining room. Great for parties, if you want to be by the bar or near all the goings on. The covered patio was perfect for being able to enjoy a pleasant conversation. Overall, I will revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian DiningsuprchargitDined on 4/4/2014Hands down, the best Italian restaurant in Westlake Village, if not the whole of Conejo Valley. I always enjoy coming here, whether for happy hour with friends or for dinner. Definitely on my favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good, but not consistentjoebruinVIPDined on 4/4/2014First, the host did not check us into the system which caused opentable to believe that i did not honor the reservation. My wife and I started with the calamari. The portion was huge, however, the squid was a little cold and soggy. It was simply not fried enough. My wife then ordered the halibut, which is on the regular menu, but she was told they didnt have it. They substituted some other non-descript white fish. I ordered the pasta special. The entrees were actually quite good, which is the only reason I recommend Farballa. The dessert, bluberry tart, like the calamari, was cold and soggy. I think the kitchen is simply too busy to turn out consistent fare. If you are in the area, give it a try, but dont go out of your way!Special Features:
- Always AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants anywhere!!! Food is always great and the service fantastic, thanks Paolo!!!Special Features:
- The food was delicious andZoeandCallieDined on 3/19/2014The food was delicious and the service great. They even surprised us with a dessert for my friends birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible serviceTonyDined on 3/19/2014I visited the restaurant with my aging parents last week, and from the get go, you could foresee a bad dining experience....I asked the waiter for a glass of water for my dad to take his blood pressure medicine the waiter did not acknowledge at all. I had to ask repeatedly....we ordered salad, ravioli, and pasta...the food was ok at best but what shocked me the most was when asked for the bill, the waited 'tossed' the check to me and did it AGAIN when returning my changes. My dad is 84 years old and walked fairly slow and there was NO staff in the restaurant who offer assistance in anyway, not even opening the door. All in all, it was a huge mistake picking this venue, service is by far the worst I ever experienced.
- good food...slow servicetraceyntVIPDined on 3/14/2014we had the same waiter as last time and the same issue....had to ask to order beverages, had to ask for bread, had to ask to refill water, etc....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Good TuneskingcronDined on 2/28/2014Their playlist ranged from Michael Buble, to Adele, and Frank Sinatra. Overall the atmostphere was excellent and the service was incredibly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good not greatfoodisfunDined on 2/22/2014Food and service is good but alcohol way over priced. Call vodka tonic $14!!! Glass of wine $10 to $13 one glass. Been going many years and enjoy just wish Booze was more reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.