2028 Fairmount Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19130Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://farerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2676393063
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday, 11 am to 3 pm
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday, 3 pm to 10 pm
Friday and Saturday, 3 pm to 11 pm
Happy Hour: Monday through Friday, 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday, 9 am to 3:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Perry Katsapis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off site catering for groups of any size.
A word from Fare Restaurant
Fare is a restaurant and wine bar located in the heart of the Art Museum area on Fairmount Avenue across from historic Eastern State Penitentiary and only a few blocks away from the Philadelphia Art Museum. Our cuisine can be described as clean, focusing on sustainable, local, organic, artisan ingredients with many seafood options. We also serve 20+ wines by the glass, as well as sustainable wines, 50+ craft beers and a novel cocktail menu. This restaurant was built with eco-friendly materials throughout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fare Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (35)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (19)special occasion (15)notable wine list (12)good for groups (10)romantic (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful experience!cu4lunchDined on 8/27/2014Had a group go to Fare for lunch and had an excellent experience. Food was delicious and service was great. Would definitely recommend Fare and hope to dine there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit Did not DisappointDadmeisterDined on 8/16/2014We were here for the first time for Brunch with friends about a month ago. We enjoyed it very much and returned for dinner. Food was excellent. We split two octopus salads among the three of us. Octopus was very tender and outstanding. My wife and I had crabcakes stuffed with avocado and my daughter enjoyed her scallops. We moved to the neighborhood in June and walked out of Fare realizing it will be our go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely outdoor areaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/13/2014This is a great location for outdoor dining. Along the side of the restaurant, the space is decorated with vertical gardens on both sides. You are away from the traffic and the furniture is comfortable. The food is varied and tasty.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014I've been to Fare before, but this was my first time for brunch. The food was really good, as was the service. If I still lived in Fairmount, I would go there regularly for brunch -- much better than some of the popular brunch places in that area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Service was slow. Almost like the waitress forgot about us and the food came out cold
- Great!AnniVIPDined on 7/16/2014I've been to this restaurant several times previous, but this time they had the patio and outdoor dining open. It was great! Ambience, Service, Food, Specials. Really had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Lunch/Dinner OptionMarjorieVIPDined on 7/16/2014All five of us enjoyed our lunch selections and the service was absolutely wonderful and accommodating! With many organic, farm-to-table choices prepared in an artistic fashion, we were very happy. Although the outdoor area was not being utilized at the time, it's landscaped beautifully with very attractive, vertical wall vegetation. I look forward to the opportunity to return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/14/2014The food was well-prepared; an excellent lunch. Also, it was very quiet, and just about the only restaurant open in the Museum area on Monday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchDadmeisterDined on 7/13/2014We have recently moved to the Fairmount area of Philadelphia so are still exploring restaurants. We have never been to Fare and went there with friends from out of town. Excellent brunch. Service was great and food was outstanding. Plenty of options on the menu. Bloody Mary had a lot of horseradish which I consider a good thing. Vegetarian omelet was enjoyed by those who had it. I had the eggs Benedict which was very good. My wife and I left the restaurant convinced that we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSLY HEALTHY!merdealorsDined on 7/12/2014My bronzino was sublime! Very thin slices of lemon had been put inside the center of the fish, the flesh was then humid, not dry, and lightly flavored. I started with a perfect scallop ceviche. As a side, the spinach were some of the best I ever had, it tasted like good spinach, the produce flavor was not killed by too much of anything, like garlic for instance. I guarantee that you will love your food! BON APPETIT !Special Features:
- reviewerDined on 7/11/2014Great overall, but considering we made a reservation, we didn't get a very good table in a dining room that was half-empty when we got thereSpecial Features:
- My new favorite restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/11/2014We went to FARE to celebrate my birthday two nights ago and had a fabulous time! The food was out of this world (I highly recommend the gingered beet salad and avocado crabcakes), the wine was excellent and George's service was impeccable. We sat outside and were encouraged to relax and enjoy. George brought me a slice of the best blueberry pie I've ever tasted (with ice cream) for my special celebration. I would highly recommend this restaurant and plan on returning again and again, especially when we have out-of-town guests who want to have a true Philadelphia foody experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely outdoor brunchLuLuEatsDined on 7/6/2014Excellent menu with vegan options. Cocktail made with pineapple rum and coconut water was disappointing; I'll have to try a different drink next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty servicejillian0804Dined on 7/6/2014Have been here a few times for brunch. The food is good but the service has been spotty and inconsistent; we waited for almost an hour after ordering for our food the other day, while other tables who had arrived long after we did got theirs. Our waitress apologized and gave us a free hummus plate, which was appreciated (although their hummus isn't very good), but it was unclear what took so long. Don't come in expecting things to happen quickly.Special Features:
- Good octopusdm715VIPDined on 6/27/2014The drinks were not very good. I had one w gin and cucumber. The octopus salad was very good. Our server was friendly but busy and didn't come back too often and we had to wait awhile for the check. Lobster ravioli was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing outdoor seating!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014This is a great place for a night out with the girlfriends or even a romantic date. The outdoor seating is wedged between 2 brick buildings and is just very cozy. Perfect weather of course is a plus. Strip steak with chimmichurri and an Argentinian Malbec made for a perfect night! :)Special Features:
- The Right FitfdenthusiastVIPDined on 6/22/2014We needed a place for drinks and food in Fairmount and discovered the delightful staff and food of Fare. We were able to sit outside for hours in the area that borders the restaurant. My husband tests the bartenders everywhere he goes by asking for a Vesper and if they do know how to make it, how it rates. A+ for the bartender for the Vesper and for the Dirty Martini ordered by my friend. The Greek salad and the soft shelled crabs were wonderful. The soft shells were plump and plentiful, stacked 3 high and thoroughly enjoyed. We wanted to hang out even after finishing so I asked for a plate of cut up watermelon which wasn't on the menu and out it came, again, perfect and plentiful. The staff was terrific and so accommodating.Special Features:
- DeliciousjhebsDined on 6/22/2014They have a small menu but the food was very good. Everything we ordered had a great taste to it.
- Brunch with Heart-Healthy OptionsduckyDined on 6/22/2014This as our first brunch at Fare, although we'd enjoyed dinner there several times. Unlike much of the competition, Fare's brunch menu includes relatively heart-healthy brunch options - like the grilled chicken sandwich (where only the bacon adds a tinge of guilt). Our guests enjoyed the French toast, and the unusual apple ricotta pancakes. The cider selection was good, and the restaurant was unusually quiet on a slow Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceHungryHawaiinDined on 6/20/2014This was my first time eating at fare and the food was delicious. The service was friendly and we ate outside which was very nice.Special Features:
- phillyfoodnutDined on 6/17/2014We went to Fare on a Tuesday at 1:30. We were the only ones in the restaurant for the hour that we were there. The food all came out at once, but everything seemed fresh and made to order. There were complaints from our group that many items were too salty, but most of the dishes were flavorful and interesting. The flank steak wrap was to tough and the pieces were cut too thick for the delicate wrap. The scallop ceviche was delicious but could have used a few more scallops. The fish tacos were delish and the fries were to die!Special Features:
- JimboVIPDined on 6/15/2014Very nice. Will return. Great brunch spot. Outdoor seating was just rightSpecial Features:
- Father's Day BrunchkkatesDined on 6/15/2014We went to Fare for a father's day brunch. I chose Fare based on the menu options as we are gluten free and Paleo. Most brunches are heavy in breads, waffles, etc. Fare offered a number of omelettes and a grass fed burger with side salad. The turkey bacon and roasted sweet potatoes were delicious. They were busy (good for them) so there was a bit of a wait for food but well worth it. They compensated us for the wait with banana nut muffins (which my daughter could have).Special Features:
- Delicious mealDianeMDined on 6/14/2014We have been to Fare a number of times, and it is always excellent. The selections are different, creative and really tasty, making for an even more enjoyable experience. Very good service, nice vibe and ambience. We should come here more often!Special Features:
- Fare never failslaur11186Dined on 6/13/2014I have been to Fare many times since moving to the Fairmount area. The food is consistently of the highest quality and very fresh tasting. At Fare, you Center City-quality food and drinks but at a better price and in a less pretentious setting. Despite the exceptional food, my favorite thing about Fare is the service. I recently dined there for a graduation brunch with 11 loud Italians who hadn't seen each other for a while. The server was incredible - never rushing us and helping each person to select the perfect meal. Then I went with a friend who is gluten- and dairy-free and I am meat- and dairy-free, and she patiently helped us alter menu items to fit our preferences and we ended up with an incredible meal thanks to her and the chef!Special Features:
- Creative Menu to fit All TypesDinerVIPDined on 5/29/2014Fare is a neighborhood restaurant with a destination clientele. All ages, all types dined here and enjoyed the varied menu. Creative cocktails started the night with twists on classics like the White Manhattan or a sparkling lemonade that was perfect for a summer day. The menu offered lovely appetizers including raw seafood, sandwiches and entrees for meat lovers, vegetarians and vegans. Service was professional and non-intrusive. I recommend Fare.Special Features:
- disapointingwishitweremoreVIPDined on 5/28/2014Fare was fair. Had eaten here last summer and it was delightful. Disappointed in this meal, don't think I'll bother to return
- Great nightKrygerDined on 5/19/2014My first time at Fare after living in Fairmount for 18 months. I regret not going sooner. Great menu selection, including a lot of vegetarian & vegan options. Nice wine and beer list. Good value. Great service. Nice ambiance. All around great spot in the neighborhood. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014The Fairmount restaurant scene continues to grow and improve. We went to Fare after having to cancel reservations elsewhere and could not have been happier with our decision. We had brunch there and all the egg, pancakes and salad selections were perfect. Everyone loved their respective dishes and when they were out of our dessert choices, they surprised us with a different dessert and did not charge us. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchflyinVDined on 5/17/2014I had a brunch for 7 people and the staff was very accommodating and the food was excellent. I would definitely recommend Fare to others.Special Features:
- Fairmount delightSandyDined on 5/14/2014The warm leek and fennel salad with goat chese was delicious!Special Features:
- Unusually disappointingIeatalot2Dined on 5/11/2014I have been to Fare a handful of times now and been overall happy but this was definitely my worst experience there. I normally don't write retaurant reviews but the service was extremely poor and the food was way below their normal standard, very forgettable. One of us ordered coffee and it was straight cold, not even lukewarm. It's a shame, normally this is a reliable spot for a good meal but after this experience I doubt I'll be back and definitely not for brunch/lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeatedly excellentTriman1Dined on 5/10/2014We have been to Fare several times and it always has terrific service and organic, delicious food. The menu has some unique dishes and the bar has an excellent selection and the bartenders pour a generous drink. Highly recommended. BTW, the location is near center city and there's usually free street parking nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Museum AreaMargieBVIPDined on 5/10/2014The menu at Fare is eclectic and all dishes ordered by our party of five were excellent including an outstanding branzino. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Fun timeTequilagirl2VIPDined on 5/9/2014It was our second time at this restaurant. Food was delicious, fun atmosphere, great drinks. Went with a group of 6, everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicerobinVIPDined on 5/5/2014I love this place and have been here a number of times. My "mom's" group met there for our monthly fun and talk and the server was more than kind as we asked questions and sat for a long time. The wine list is great and the food is delicious. We all LOVED the grilled squid salad and the creme brulee with expresso ganache was yummy. Thanks for a dependable and fun/yummy gem in Fairmont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 473 reviews are from the Fare Restaurant reviews archive.
- DeliciousilonaDined on 4/23/2014We had the short rib flat bread which was amazing, my friend wanted to order another one just for herself. The grass fed sliders were amazing, the meat melted in my mouth! Those two dishes are a must! Friendly Greek server that we had a fun time conversing with. We came at an off time so the place was fairly empty and the food came out fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is tiredOpenTable Diner Since 1990Dined on 4/20/2014Mediocre food and a waiter who did not feel the need to write down our order, instead relying on his "excellent" memory. He delivered the wrong food. After we finished our entrees he dropped the check on our table without even asking if we were interested in dessert.
- Great and Healthy FoodNoGMODined on 4/20/2014Healthy food prepared well and right sized portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialJustwantValueDined on 4/19/2014Paid over $100 for stuff that should have cost me half of that....I had better food at fast food joints