Far Niente Ristorante
204 1/2 N Brand Blvd
Glendale, CA 91203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Far Niente Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.farnienteglendale.com/
- Phone: 8182423835x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luis Ibarra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Choose from an extensive list of menu options to tailor an event to your unique tastes, or tell us some general guidelines and we'll happy to come up with a customized menu for your approval. Give us a call and let our staff help make your next event unforgettable.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available for groups of 25 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Berresford 8182423835x
- Special Events: Both the Restaurant and Bar / Lounge are available for booking special occasions and private events. We love serving private parties large and small, and we and can design special menus by request.
A word from Far Niente Ristorante
Opened in 1987, Far Niente remains a Glendale landmark of fine Northern Italian dining. We established a tradition of authentic Italian cuisine served in a warm inviting environment creating a memorable dining experience. Far Niente's high ceilings and Italian atmosphere creates an inviting ambience for casual dining or special occasions. We enjoy working with large parties and designing a custom menu for you. Our Bar-lounge with its open beam ceiling, stonewall, wine barrels, and mahogany bar creates the perfect place to enjoy our all day happy hour featuring $4 well drinks and beer on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Far Niente Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (19)romantic (17)good for groups (12)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Italian Food in Glendale!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014First time to this restaurant and it was a very good experience, I had Osso Bucco and my mom had a Pasta Seafood with White sauce, both were very well prepared and was delicious. The restaurant was empty at the time of our visit so it was hard to judge whether or not it's a hot spot or if the service is good during busy times, but we were well attended too by the waiter and the restaurant is near the Glendale mall so it's easy to grab a movie right afterwards. I would definitely go back to Far NienteSpecial Features:
- stilesVIPDined on 10/18/2014just an average local Italian restaurant. The minestrone soup was very good as was the apple dessert and the spumoni, but the main dishes of chicken marsala had too much residual alcohol and the veal parm was very thin, dry and not very tasty. We heard it was better recently but was just average years ago and still is. Will not be back
- Zagat to the rescueLolaDined on 10/11/2014We were a large party of indeterminate size but the staff was most accommodating. Food was delicious and server was friendly and efficient. A wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:
- nice simple ambiencefonziDined on 10/1/2014Very nice and simple. Yet romantic ambience. Perfect for a nice date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianVoltronDined on 9/30/2014Nothing fancy or creative. Just good hearty Italian food. Prices are reasonable, and ambiance is very "Italian".Special Features:
- Wonderful MealhikerVIPDined on 9/26/2014We set in the bar and dined. It was fantastic. Excellent place!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian FareLawrenceDined on 9/18/2014Far Niente has the atmosphere, service and food of a local and non-trendy high-quality restaurant, which I found refreshing. I enjoyed a bowl of wonderfully gazpacho followed by a rigatoni dish with roasted eggplant and tomato sauce. The rigatoni was perfectly al dente. I ended with a pan a cotta, which was one of the creamiest I have ever had - even after living in Italy for six years. I dined on a Thursday evening and was practically alone in the restaurant, which is a shame. If in Glendale I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableFromLeawoodVIPDined on 9/15/2014The food and service were very good. The waitstaff was attentive, but not always interrupting. A lot of ladies were dining in the restaurant as it was early. Customers were in pairs and large groups and all having a good time. There are a lot of menu choices and the salad and salad dressing is very good. We will be back.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerTyhgDined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent with the exception of the garlic bread. Too much garlic and overcoocked.Special Features:
- A Glendale favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This is our go to restaurant when we are in Glendale. We are particular fans of the tortelloni.Special Features:
- YumMomsnightoutVIPDined on 8/27/2014I am never disappointed when I dine here. It's delicious and they offer gluten free options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie44VIPDined on 8/21/2014Great pasta dishes and very attentive service! The pizza bread with herbs and oil is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good "go to"SoldDined on 8/20/2014When people can't think of where they want to have dinner, this is mt GoTo restaurant..everyone is happy at the end . Good service, good food!Special Features:
- Great spot. Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014The food was delicious and the service outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food; amazing servicehungryTinkDined on 8/14/2014We went here because of their no corkage fee, but we were truly impressed with their staff and tasty dishes. Amazing service and professionalism. The lasagna and shrimp scampi alone are worth going back for. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barb2Dined on 8/8/2014Loved the restaurant, food and the service. What else can I say?Special Features:
- BalletgirlDined on 8/5/2014This used to be one of the best Italian restaurants in LA, but sadly no longer. After new management, the menu has become much abbreviated, the specials lamost non-existent and the warm and welcoming atmosphere is gone. While the recipes may be the same, something intangible is missing. And I miss the old Far Niente.Special Features:
- Has gone downhill under new ownersTwodawgzzDined on 7/26/2014While we were told the same chefs are in the kitchen, first experience there under new ownership/management was disappointing. One person in our party sent back a plate of oysters on the half shell after eating one that didn't taste right. Then another in our party sent back a rib eye steak that was completely overcooked and was supposed to be medium rare. Staff was very apologetic, etc., but I doubt that we will be going back.
- Just deliciousBabycakes84VIPDined on 7/19/2014Delicious food, and lovely ambience. Servers are good, but not necessarily consistent, but we were there on a very busy night.Special Features:
- DaisyDined on 7/19/2014Good service, fine food. We made the mistake of dining there during the car show, though, so the ambiance and noise level were compromised.Special Features:
- The following 255 reviews are from the Far Niente Ristorante reviews archive.
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Good value. All except one food item were very good. Very good match of wine with food. The switch of wines from printed menu was a smart move. Wine reps were very knowledgeable and spent the proper amount of time at our table. Very good service without overbearing. Timing of courses was very good...no feeling of being rushed or being forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrannySchuDined on 6/14/2014We had an excellent meal and great service. The lemon sauce that accompanied the calimari was outstanding! We put in on everything.Special Features:
- Great Find!HarukoDined on 6/7/2014This was a great find. The bread they bring to the table is unique and delicious. Good value for the quality of food as well.Special Features:
- wayneVIPDined on 6/6/2014Went with a group of 7 on a Friday night. Surprisingly the restaurant was not full. Good wine selection. Service was a bit rough around the edges with salad plates coming on top or starters and mains quickly thereafter. Rushed food delivery which is not the sign of a well managed kitchen. Clearing plates while others were still eating mains--another no-no. Wide ranging menu. Veal marsala was OK, lacking flavor, could use more seasoning. Pasta tortelloni with veal and chicken was good but meat sauce was overbearing. Lobster bisque and escargot were very good as was chocolate soufle for dessert. Overal, average mains. I would think there are many other restaurants to try in the area.Special Features:
- Lou1974Dined on 5/30/2014It was the best dinner I've had in long time! The appitieziers, wine, the main dinner and the dessert just top it! If didn't have to pick-up my son Friday night, I know that myself and firends would have closed the restaurant that evenving!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBoscoDined on 5/24/2014We had a gift certificate that was from 2008 and with the previous owners, so we were thinking that they might not honor it. They said that they would be happy to do so. The staff are very friendly and attentive. The food was excellent, even down to the salad being tossed perfectly. The prices are very reasonable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and a great time.LinnDDined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed this restaurant and I appreciated the fact they offered gluten-free pasta. The dessert we had was AMAZING. We inhaled it. :) (I cannot remember the name of it)Special Features:
- Still OKBrooklynVIPDined on 5/10/2014Not nearly as good as it was under original ownership and management, but still on of top Italian venues in Glendale area.
- Going downhill fastdfsuttonDined on 4/26/2014Since this formerly-great local Italian recently changed hands, it is entered into a nosedive. The new owner made the bad mistake of laying off the former waitpeople and bringing in imperfectly trained replacements evidently hired off the sidewalk. It is now managed by a couple of young ladies who seem neither to know or care what is going on around them. And, while the former menu has been retained, the quality of some of their dishes is noticeably slipping. If the new owner doesn't soon wake up to the fact he has a serious problem on his hands, he's going to start losing his regular customers and he's going to find it difficult to replace us with new ones. Above all, he needs to put in a mature and experienced on-site manager.
- Delicious mealBrendeVIPDined on 4/26/2014Chose the venue due to proximity to Alex Theater and thrilled with everything about our dining experience. Will definitely return next time attending a concert in the area!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming back for moreLisapleVIPDined on 4/16/2014The food is so good that my misson will be to try everything in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inviting sophistication1GlobetrotterDined on 4/12/2014My 4th visit to Far Niente for an early dinner before show time at the Alex theatre next door. We were seated immediately and the entire experience was friendly, efficient and very delicious. This restaurant is at the top of my list in Glendale-very pleasant!Special Features:
- Great before the AlexMichaelVIPDined on 4/10/2014This was a nice choice before our evening at the Alex. Great food, conscientious service, and a romantic precursor to our evening? Who could ask for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go againJanieVIPDined on 4/1/2014I like a lot of things about this restaurant - the food wasn't really one of them. That being said, like the restaurant, like the staff, loved our waiter - very attentive. No corkage, big plus. So yes, I would go again, but I would probably split a meal - a plus - the meals are big enough to split!Special Features:
- Great spot for pre play diniingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Needed a spot to eat before going to a play, at 5:30 on a Friday night the restaurant was open and ready. Nice quiet dinner, excellent food, nice service, great wine list, easy parking in garage, short walk, very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2014The food, the service, the ambiance are always the best here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food in GlendaleBenBuddyDined on 3/14/2014Two gems occupy the same block in Glendale on Brand Bl.. The Alex Theatre (where we were attending an 8pm movie) and Far Niente restaurant. Full bar, salad included with some entrees, incredible homemade soup and some of the best pasta anywhere ( and yes I've been to and eaten in Italy). Parking is fairly convenient but no valet. No stairs...easy front door. Great service but the kitchen slows down when it is crowded (from our previous visit) so let them know if you have to leave by a certain time.Special Features:
- Had to go back again!LisapleVIPDined on 3/13/2014There were so many different items to choose from so I picked something different. The menu item did not disappoint. Phil was our waiter and he was friendly, attentive and recommended some great food items.
- Had to go backLisapleVIPDined on 3/7/2014The service was so great last time I just had to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now a waste of money!!FoodieVIPDined on 2/28/2014This was our favorite restaurant for years! My husband and I met in the restaurant bar 12 years ago. We dined there almost every Friday for 12 years. We spent approximately 5000. a year there. The restaurant was sold and it is no longer the establishment it once was. We've given it several chances, but unfortunately will not be returning. Last Friday was the final straw. We ordered pasta dishes which were lacking in the appropriate amount of sauce. In fact, they were on the dry side. An Italian restaurant should at least be able to master a pasta dish!