223 17th St
Pacific Grove, CA 93950Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fandangorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (831) 372-3456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European
- Executive Chef: Pedro De La Oruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fandango Restaurant, located in the heart of Pacific Grove, stands for a heritage of good taste,craftsmanship of award winning cuisine and 25 years of tradition. We have a number of unique private dining rooms that seat from 8-60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jenn Adams 8313339798x
- Special Events: If you are looking for a unique venue with a warm and inviting European atmosphere, fabulous food and excellent service Fandango Restaurant will be your best choice. We have 5 unique private dining rooms that seat from 8-60 guests with full bar and extensive wine list. All banquet menus have at least 5 entree choices. We welcome rehearsal dinners, business meetings and private parties.
A word from Fandango
A favorite among Fandango regulars is the succulent Rack of Lamb; other menu items include Fresh Seafood, a variety of pastas, delicious and exotic Mediterranean dishes such as paella and Couscous, and a tempting selection of excellent steaks. Several daily specialties are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fandango - Best Restaurants in Pacific Grove ›
Fandango reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (85)notable wine list (75)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (72)good for groups (39)great for lunch (25)great for brunch (14)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- excellent mealRoDDDined on 11/24/2014meal was excellent. Fandango has a very nice ambiance. Service was a little over done, but his intent was to please us. Best part is that the restaurant is 3 blocks from our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place I Have Been in a Long Time!TimoVIPDined on 11/24/2014Everything from the Greeting to ambiance, service excellent and great name recognition! Food Out of this World - Classical and perfectly Executed! Not to be missed is the Escargot - San Dabs and Calamari Steak! WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soFoodieDined on 11/21/2014Food was okay overall. The house cured salmon starter was good. I had the rack of lamb and my wife had halibut. The Grand Marnier soufflé for dessert was outstanding and would go back anytime for that.
- Wonderful experienceThomasDined on 11/21/2014Shared a wonderful dinner and very romantic evening with my wife. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Time Treasure....SantaRosaGareVIPDined on 11/20/2014Every year when we are in the Pacific Grove are, Fandango's is a must! The food, service and the ambiance are always top notch. They are very accommodating to whatever your desires/ needs may be. Both of us started with their pea soup. Chunks of carrots and peas were delicious! My husband had the short ribs. They were served in in rich beef broth, with pearl onions, carrots and vegetables. I selected the sand dabs. They were perfectly breaded and served with squash and fingerling potatoes. Both entrees were very generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing. Medicore food.MikeyDined on 11/12/2014Have dined at Fandango for over 18 years. This time found food very disappointing and too expensive for the level of food. Good service and charming décor.
- 50th birthday dinner celebrationCaRitaPitaDined on 11/9/2014I received a recommendation from a friend in Sacramento, "Go to Fandano for dinner!" He said it was his favorite restaurant in the Carmel area and now I see why! We arrived to find a large building that has been staged with a variety of smaller rooms (for smaller parties) and a large room with fireplace for large groups. Our room was right off the hostess station, and yet I felt as if I was eating dinner at a friend's house. We never heard conversation from the hostess as guests arrived or departed. We had the calamari steak sauteed with garlic and butter, salad and french onion soup... perfect! We choose the paella and it was generous enough for two! The second entree was the spaghetti with Italian sausage and was authentic!Special Features:
- Specials are specialyummyVIPDined on 11/9/2014In addition to the extensive menu with many delectable items, the specials were worth listening to. The clam chowder was the best I've eve had, probably due to secret ingredients.
- Lovely LunchCHDdinersDined on 11/5/2014Our party of 3 had a delightful lunch. Excellent service and delicious meals beautifully presented. The charming atmosphere is especially welcoming.Special Features:
- FantasticGabbyDined on 11/4/2014Everything we ordered, from salad to desert, was just wonderful. Good service.great food. Who could ask for anything more?Special Features:
- Fandango never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014The restaurant offers a warm, inviting atmosphere that is paired with an extravagant wine list, and food that would please even the most discerning customer. The service is professional, without being pretentious. We actually drove 3+ hours just to eat at Fandango, including booking a hotel so we could stay the night. That's how wonderful this restaurant is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starting to slipCottenclubVIPDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I have loved dining at Fandango ever since we got engaged there almost 20 years ago. We make it an annual visit but in the past few years the service and attention to detail seemed to be slipping. The food is still very good but for the prices, they are going to be losing customers to more focused service and competitive pricing from Passion-fish, Jeninni Kitchen + Wine Bar and the newly opened Beach House. We sent 2 bottles of wine back after the waiter brought the wrong vintages. Pierre Bain the owner is almost always there but we just don't seem to get the added personal touches that make for a memorable dining experience from years past.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014This is an excellent restaurant with outstanding service in a very pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- Bad service overwhelmed good foodluv2travelDined on 10/29/2014Whenever I've visited Monterey I've gone to Fandango because of the ambience (French country) and the food. This visit was a mother-daughter outing, and we were disappointed. Food was good but overall service was terrible. I asked if we could sit in the room with the fireplace and the waiter said it was only for large parties; when we left we looked in the window and the room was almost empty and there were several tables with two people. Our waiter was nice but did not appear at our table for 15 mins. While we waited, no water was brought to the table although waiters, and the owner, walked by ignoring us. My daughter's spare ribs were good but the duck entree used a bitter orange which gave the meat a bitter taste. Won't return.Special Features:
- Outstanding in all areasBigMacDined on 10/26/2014Found this restaurant in Wine Spectator. High rating. A very nice gentleman escorted us to our table, told us we could sit at any open table we saw. Turned out he was the owner. This place did everything right. Very friendly, great menu, extensive wine list with reasonable prices. Food was outstanding. If I lived in this area this would be my regular restaurant, eat here every week. Do yourself a favor, check it out.Special Features:
- A wonderful restaurantCharminandyummyDined on 10/25/2014We were amazed how the restaurant has kept it's beauty thru the years and the last time I was here, I was courting my wife to be and now 20 years later married and bringing my daughter and mom here was a wonderful way to introduce them to Fandango. We came for lunch and wasn't disappointed. My wife shared her paella with mom and they enjoyed every spoonful full of intense flavors. My daughter and I ordered fish, she had the tilapia and I had the filet of sandabs and they were both excellent. The specials include salad and dessert a great bargain so make room for a sweet tooth. I definitely would recommend Fandango to all my family and friends if they are in Pacific Grove and will not wait quite as long for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ExperienceLove2eatoutDined on 10/24/2014My wife and i had reservations for 7:30pm on a Friday evening and were "welcomed" as we entered by the maître de. We arrived at the restaurant at 7:15pm and gave him our last name and our 7:30pm reservation time. He responded by saying he would take us to the bar to wait. I asked if we could be seated early and his response was "I will seat you when I can, we have over 200 guests a night and can't seat everyone at their reservation time". I asked when he thought we would be seated, and he responded by saying "not before 7:30pm" and just smirked. This guy has a very poor attitude that didn't sit well with me. My wife and I decided to go elsewhere and certainly received outstanding service at Schnooners.
- get2getherDined on 10/18/2014We had a lovely meal. The service was great, just enough, not the hovering intrusive kind. We were put downstairs in the cellar room, which was a little intimate with the other tables. I asked for a special table due to it being a special anniversary. I would have preferred an upstairs table. Great place though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Felt rushed at dinner despite the high prices. In and out in about 30 minutes including salad dinner and wineSpecial Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I came here for our first anniversary dinner on a Saturday night, based on OpenTable reviews and the type of cuisine. We could not have made a better choice. I mentioned in the reservation notes that it was our anniversary, and when we arrived they congratulated us and said they had a special table for us. They seated us in the front window and decorated the table with a ribbon. We were very well taken care of throughout the meal, and for dessert they gave us their delicious profiteroles. I ordered the osso buco, which was flavorful and tender and went well with the saffron rice. My wife had the scallops, which were large, cooked excellently, flavored well but not too heavily and served over wonderful fresh pasta.Special Features:
- Great ServiceRacegrlVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a party of 8 which they accommodated even though I only made the reservation for 6. The food was good but not amazing. We had a mix of seafood and steaks. I can't rave about the service enough! They made a great wine selection based on my price point, they were timely in refilling waters. They refilled the bread basket. In my opinion the service was much above most restaurants in a tourist town.Special Features:
- If you like scallops......divingabmanDined on 10/4/2014I am very particular when it comes to seafood because I catch much of my own. I can honestly say these were the best scallops I have ever had in a restaurant! Cooked to perfection. The wine list at this place is off the hook. I also subscribe to Wine Spectator magazine. They have all of the wines you hear about but never can find. Just a matter if you have the money! Some bottles are in the thousands of dollars but , they have a pretty large list in the $100.00 range as well. Great food, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Although the decor was cute and the service was attentive, I found the food tasteless and not worth the $32 per entree. My husband had the short ribs. It was chewy and swimming in a brown gravy with 1 baby carrot and a couple fingerling potatoes. I had the osso bucco. The meat was cooked well but lacked flavor. We were disappointed given how popular this restaurant seemed to be. We have had better and less expensive meals elsewhere.
- Charming Old School RestaurantJavaunoDined on 10/1/2014This was our 2nd visit to Fandango and it was every bit as good as we recalled. It was our 50th Wedding Anniversary and we got special treatment and a great table near the fireplace. The food and wine selection is terrific and we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ready to go again !LuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 9/21/2014Everyone in our group of five enjoyed their dinner and we're all ready to go back ! Fabulous Surf and Turf , yummy Halibut and a very tasty Grand Marnier Soufflé for dessert ! Nice ambiance and attentive service ,too !Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSimiValleyDined on 9/19/2014Just recently celebrated my hubby's birthday and we had a great time. The food, service and ambiance we wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Meal!ConiglioDined on 9/14/2014We love Fandangos, the owners and the staff. They always do their best to make us feel welcome and the food and atmosphere is consistently enjoyable. Our favorite place to eat in PG.Special Features:
- always goodBringmethegoodwineVIPDined on 9/9/2014huge menu, bigger wine list, experienced servers. Special dinners or quick lunch, Fandango has always been a favorite.Special Features:
- Lovely Dinner LocationMrsBDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is an ideal place for anyone seeking delicious food served graciously in a quiet and intimate atmosphere in the Monterey Peninsula area. The menu is varied, the food is fresh, flavorful and very well prepared, and best of all, you can talk to your dining companion(s) without shouting. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect!GraceAnneVIPDined on 8/30/2014We loved Fandango! The food and the service were flawless. The atmosphere is inviting and cozy. The wine list is superior. This place is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodLDSPVIPDined on 8/30/2014Cassoulet was excellent, more saffron/flavor needed in the paella rice, great wine service, nice dessert that could be ordered in advance to save time. Our favorite in the area! Many tiny rooms, so the noise level was very low.Special Features:
- Fantastic Fandangozarkam8itDined on 8/30/2014Not our first visit and once again we had a fantastic dinning experience. Great and extensive food and wine menus. The rack of lamb is a signature dish and a must have if you love lamb. Another great family special event dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food42rbDined on 8/30/2014Experience can be very different depending on which part of restaurant. We had great view of Bay this time, Other parts quieter and more romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SF dinergetawaygalVIPDined on 8/26/2014Very romantic. Small, quiet room, very attentive service. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulsearanchDined on 8/25/2014We were seated in a private dining room that looked like somewhere in Europe. It was charming, the service. ..very attentive, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantAnneVIPDined on 8/22/2014WE have always enjoyed Fandango. The atmosphere is charming with the small, cozy rooms, subtle lighting, and French charm. The halibut was delicious as was the pasta with shrimp. We had excellent service as well - we were seated promptly and enjoyed ourselves tremendously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerLive2drinkwineDined on 8/22/2014We liked it a lot. Lucky to be seated by the fireplace which made for great ambiance. Love the cottage feel of the place. We love wine and the wine list is extensive. If you can't find something to suit your taste it would be surprising. The food was delicious. The portions are not big. At first I was afraid to order salad and a meal because that it being a pricy menu I didn't want to waste anything but they are all sized well so you can eat and not be left hungry but don't have a bunch left over. Meal was prepared and seasoned well, not too salty. We had four in our party and we even shared 2 desserts. Service was good, seated at reservation time and the wait staff kept glasses full and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The usual, great!PRCESQUIREDined on 8/21/2014This place has it down. I have been going every time I'm in Monterey for at least 10 years, and never disappointed. The maître d' went out of his way to get my favorite table! So appreciated.Special Features:
- Ah La LabygjplmDined on 8/19/2014I stepped into a small French bistro located in the heart of Pacific Grove. We felt that we were being welcomed into a family home with all its warmth. Don't laugh but my husband and son ordered hamburger and fries. It was the best burger they had ever had. I had the sand dabs. Excellent. Dipped in an egg batter and sautéed to perfection. At the waiter's suggestion, I had the house Cabernet. A perfect selection. We all shared the Profiteroles and coffee ice cream. A memorable last night in this little town, a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandma and GrandpaJimSeeDined on 8/19/2014This restaurant has always been my favorite. It reminds me of Grandpa and Grandma, warm and inviting and family friendly. The food is still great and the service very attentive. But like Grandma and Grandpa the restaurant itself is showing its age. The table cloth on our window table had stains. The window curtains were either very stained or had mildew. The walls had scuff marks. The decor was getting dated. Little things that could be corrected with minimal effort. Freshening the inside and the decor would return this gem to its rightful place as the premier restaurant in Pacific Grove!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.