223 17th St
Pacific Grove, CA 93950Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fandangorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8313723456x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European
- Executive Chef: Pedro De La Oruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fandango Restaurant, located in the heart of Pacific Grove, stands for a heritage of good taste,craftsmanship of award winning cuisine and 25 years of tradition. We have a number of unique private dining rooms that seat from 8-60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jenn Adams 8313339798x
- Special Events: If you are looking for a unique venue with a warm and inviting European atmosphere, fabulous food and excellent service Fandango Restaurant will be your best choice. We have 5 unique private dining rooms that seat from 8-60 guests with full bar and extensive wine list. All banquet menus have at least 5 entree choices. We welcome rehearsal dinners, business meetings and private parties.
A word from Fandango
A favorite among Fandango regulars is the succulent Rack of Lamb; other menu items include Fresh Seafood, a variety of pastas, delicious and exotic Mediterranean dishes such as paella and Couscous, and a tempting selection of excellent steaks. Several daily specialties are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fandango - Best Restaurants in Pacific Grove ›
Fandango reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (87)notable wine list (83)neighborhood gem (78)fit for foodies (74)good for groups (46)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (24)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (12)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Felt rushed at dinner despite the high prices. In and out in about 30 minutes including salad dinner and wineSpecial Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I came here for our first anniversary dinner on a Saturday night, based on OpenTable reviews and the type of cuisine. We could not have made a better choice. I mentioned in the reservation notes that it was our anniversary, and when we arrived they congratulated us and said they had a special table for us. They seated us in the front window and decorated the table with a ribbon. We were very well taken care of throughout the meal, and for dessert they gave us their delicious profiteroles. I ordered the osso buco, which was flavorful and tender and went well with the saffron rice. My wife had the scallops, which were large, cooked excellently, flavored well but not too heavily and served over wonderful fresh pasta.Special Features:
- Great ServiceRacegrlVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a party of 8 which they accommodated even though I only made the reservation for 6. The food was good but not amazing. We had a mix of seafood and steaks. I can't rave about the service enough! They made a great wine selection based on my price point, they were timely in refilling waters. They refilled the bread basket. In my opinion the service was much above most restaurants in a tourist town.Special Features:
- If you like scallops......divingabmanDined on 10/4/2014I am very particular when it comes to seafood because I catch much of my own. I can honestly say these were the best scallops I have ever had in a restaurant! Cooked to perfection. The wine list at this place is off the hook. I also subscribe to Wine Spectator magazine. They have all of the wines you hear about but never can find. Just a matter if you have the money! Some bottles are in the thousands of dollars but , they have a pretty large list in the $100.00 range as well. Great food, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Although the decor was cute and the service was attentive, I found the food tasteless and not worth the $32 per entree. My husband had the short ribs. It was chewy and swimming in a brown gravy with 1 baby carrot and a couple fingerling potatoes. I had the osso bucco. The meat was cooked well but lacked flavor. We were disappointed given how popular this restaurant seemed to be. We have had better and less expensive meals elsewhere.
- Charming Old School RestaurantJavaunoDined on 10/1/2014This was our 2nd visit to Fandango and it was every bit as good as we recalled. It was our 50th Wedding Anniversary and we got special treatment and a great table near the fireplace. The food and wine selection is terrific and we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ready to go again !LuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 9/21/2014Everyone in our group of five enjoyed their dinner and we're all ready to go back ! Fabulous Surf and Turf , yummy Halibut and a very tasty Grand Marnier Soufflé for dessert ! Nice ambiance and attentive service ,too !Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSimiValleyDined on 9/19/2014Just recently celebrated my hubby's birthday and we had a great time. The food, service and ambiance we wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Meal!ConiglioDined on 9/14/2014We love Fandangos, the owners and the staff. They always do their best to make us feel welcome and the food and atmosphere is consistently enjoyable. Our favorite place to eat in PG.Special Features:
- always goodBringmethegoodwineVIPDined on 9/9/2014huge menu, bigger wine list, experienced servers. Special dinners or quick lunch, Fandango has always been a favorite.Special Features:
- Lovely Dinner LocationMrsBDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is an ideal place for anyone seeking delicious food served graciously in a quiet and intimate atmosphere in the Monterey Peninsula area. The menu is varied, the food is fresh, flavorful and very well prepared, and best of all, you can talk to your dining companion(s) without shouting. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect!GraceAnneVIPDined on 8/30/2014We loved Fandango! The food and the service were flawless. The atmosphere is inviting and cozy. The wine list is superior. This place is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodLDSPVIPDined on 8/30/2014Cassoulet was excellent, more saffron/flavor needed in the paella rice, great wine service, nice dessert that could be ordered in advance to save time. Our favorite in the area! Many tiny rooms, so the noise level was very low.Special Features:
- Fantastic Fandangozarkam8itDined on 8/30/2014Not our first visit and once again we had a fantastic dinning experience. Great and extensive food and wine menus. The rack of lamb is a signature dish and a must have if you love lamb. Another great family special event dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food42rbDined on 8/30/2014Experience can be very different depending on which part of restaurant. We had great view of Bay this time, Other parts quieter and more romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SF dinergetawaygalVIPDined on 8/26/2014Very romantic. Small, quiet room, very attentive service. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulsearanchDined on 8/25/2014We were seated in a private dining room that looked like somewhere in Europe. It was charming, the service. ..very attentive, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantAnneVIPDined on 8/22/2014WE have always enjoyed Fandango. The atmosphere is charming with the small, cozy rooms, subtle lighting, and French charm. The halibut was delicious as was the pasta with shrimp. We had excellent service as well - we were seated promptly and enjoyed ourselves tremendously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerLive2drinkwineDined on 8/22/2014We liked it a lot. Lucky to be seated by the fireplace which made for great ambiance. Love the cottage feel of the place. We love wine and the wine list is extensive. If you can't find something to suit your taste it would be surprising. The food was delicious. The portions are not big. At first I was afraid to order salad and a meal because that it being a pricy menu I didn't want to waste anything but they are all sized well so you can eat and not be left hungry but don't have a bunch left over. Meal was prepared and seasoned well, not too salty. We had four in our party and we even shared 2 desserts. Service was good, seated at reservation time and the wait staff kept glasses full and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The usual, great!PRCESQUIREDined on 8/21/2014This place has it down. I have been going every time I'm in Monterey for at least 10 years, and never disappointed. The maître d' went out of his way to get my favorite table! So appreciated.Special Features:
- Ah La LabygjplmDined on 8/19/2014I stepped into a small French bistro located in the heart of Pacific Grove. We felt that we were being welcomed into a family home with all its warmth. Don't laugh but my husband and son ordered hamburger and fries. It was the best burger they had ever had. I had the sand dabs. Excellent. Dipped in an egg batter and sautéed to perfection. At the waiter's suggestion, I had the house Cabernet. A perfect selection. We all shared the Profiteroles and coffee ice cream. A memorable last night in this little town, a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandma and GrandpaJimSeeDined on 8/19/2014This restaurant has always been my favorite. It reminds me of Grandpa and Grandma, warm and inviting and family friendly. The food is still great and the service very attentive. But like Grandma and Grandpa the restaurant itself is showing its age. The table cloth on our window table had stains. The window curtains were either very stained or had mildew. The walls had scuff marks. The decor was getting dated. Little things that could be corrected with minimal effort. Freshening the inside and the decor would return this gem to its rightful place as the premier restaurant in Pacific Grove!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostDinner4fourDined on 8/18/2014Nice place. Enjoyed the dinner. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary.$270 for a dinner for 4 was more than we can afford. But, once the menus are placed in front of you, you can't just get up and walk out. I thought $48 for sanddabs was too much. By the way, the menu on the web site says $22.95 for sanddabs. Otherwise, a very nice place. I tried to enter a private note, but was I entered too many characters. Probably should fix that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodLocaliteDined on 8/16/2014The service was excellent! My reservation was a large group of 10, but at the last minute I needed to add 1 person (now a group of 11). The host was very accommodating, even though adding 1 person made the table very crowded. I greatly appreciate his flexibility and friendliness. Then the service was incredibly fast, in light of a very busy night (PB Concours weekend) and very full. Most of our group were from out of state and were very impressed with the ambiance, service, and delicious food. A big hit all the way around. Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbrunchVIPDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful cannelloni and the best calamari steak ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fandago reviewDevCDined on 8/15/2014Fandago is a friendly, happy environment to have dinner for a larger group. The food was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a memorable experience.dgmotorheadDined on 8/15/2014We make a point of dining at Fandango every year when we come up for the Motorsports Reunion and Car Week. As always, they didn't disappoint. We were seated withing 5 minutes of our reservation time and the whole dining experience was perfect. We brought some friends this time who had never been to the Monterey Bay area. They were ecstatic with their visit and Fandango was no small part of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant was recommended to me by several people in the community, and it was a huge disappointment. Food and service were average at best, and the price was high. Find another neighborhood gem.....this one is not what it is made out to be!
- How The Mighty Have Fallen. :(PoubelleDined on 8/9/2014Once upon a time, Fandango was all about stellar Mediterranean food and friendly, no-frills service because the menu literally spoke for itself. Now, it appears the restaurant is all about the plastics and the fluffery: Making overdressed patrons feel important, hard-selling the exorbitantly-priced wine list instead of focusing on what's coming out of the kitchen and over-stretching bookings/supply-and-demand such that they "run out" of dishes and patrons are ignored for eons. And when you finally GET served, you're treated to condescending, unsolicited speeches about what profiteroles are (thanks, but I'm on it Babe) and you "JUST want a coffee? Not a cappuccino?" Crushing, considering how much we looked forward to coming back here.
- Excellent! Perfect "weekday" date!SetarehDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I have a two year old but have wanted to try Fandango since we moved here in January. We arranged a sitter for a weeknight date (do not recommend this place for toddlers/loud kids...we love kids but there's a time and place for them too, plus you want to enjoy a nice meal every once in awhile too without distractions!) Anyways, we cleaned all our plates, beginning with the caprese salad, then veal piccata and the paella, and ended with the proliferate dessert! This was over wine and beer and a cappuccino at the end. Excellent, excellent, excellent. Waiter didn't rush us at all. Ambiance was lovely. Portions are perfect sized. Splurge. Go all out. Enjoy everything. We did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fandango, Pacific GroveKiwiDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed the house cured salmon very much. The lamb chops were dry and with very little flavor , it would have been nice if it was accompanied with a sauce. The lamb shanks were delicious and the meat fell nicely off the bone and it was served with a lovely vegetable casserole. The wines suggested by our server were both well chosen for our preferences and to accompany our meal.
- We were 6 for My Birthday LunchrolfotoDined on 8/3/2014Fandango has great style and ambiance. The service is prompt and friendly. The lunch menu had an unusually broad selection. I had the braised short ribs which came with a nice salad. All of my guests enjoyed their meals. The wines-by-the-glass selection was excellent. Fandango has been a reliable Monterey Peninsula venu for us for decades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looked this placefuncityVIPDined on 8/2/2014Hostess is very warm and welcoming. Excellent food and service. Make a reservationSpecial Features:
- Not as we expected.....SeasonsDined on 7/27/2014We used to dine at Fandango years ago and always had a first class experience, so a group of 8 of us decided to meet there and start out weekend in Carmel with a nice luncheon. Not such a good idea......they escorted us to a private dining room, then forgot about us......once we found our server and asked to be served.....the food was mediocre. The Sand Dabs were heavily battered.....The onion soup Gratine was like dishwater with some onions and lots of soggy bread..... the Caprese salad consisted of unripened tomatoes..... ( in July ? ) I think the restaurant has slipped in the few years since we have been there.....must be a change in ownership. Too many other good food choices in the area.....this one you can skip.Special Features:
- Mrs. Susan KavanaghOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Amazing food...impeccable service....great wine list (I am a wine snob too) and the wines are not over priced..we had a very nice dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeatherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We booked on the recommendation of a friend in the travel industry and were not disappointed. I booked with Open Table and mentioned it was our anniversary. Our waiter knew this and decorated our table and comped us a dessert. Food was excellent. We sat "downstairs" - quiet and charming. Upstairs was noisy and crowded. I would request downstairs if going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingcurtisDined on 7/26/2014Fandango is one of those restaurants that continues to perform at a high level. My wife and I had a wonderful dinner. The staff is very attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic eclecticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014We absolutely love love this place, I have visited this place twice now, and the service is personal and excellent, its romantic, the lighting is nice and gives the restaurant good ambiance. Food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great owners and sand dabs ...It was a wonderful lunch with good friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencelove2eatgreatfoodDined on 7/23/2014We were in Monterey for a special occasion and found Fandango on line.The menu sounded very different and thought we would give it a try. We were not disappointing. The room with the fire place was very well appointed and Romantic. The food was excellent and very beautifully served . Our server was great and new the menu and wine list well. We will return. The Rack of lamb was the best my husband has ever had. The Paella was fabulous.Special Features: