165 Courtland St NE
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sheratonatlantahotel.com/dining/
- Phone: 4046596500x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Nightly For Dinner: 5:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Mon-Thu: 2 p.m. – Midnight
Fri: 2 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Sat: 12:30 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Sun: 12:30 p.m. – Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Suennemann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Specialty design menus for private parties
- Private Party Contact: Karim Sharif 4046596500x6417
A word from Fandangles
Fandangles promotes health-conscious Southern evolution food. The menu includes Southern Comforts like the 24-oz Bone-in Rib-eye and the Prime Brisket Burger to items that are a bit lighter fare like our locally sourced Market Fish selections and the Scottish Atlantic Salmon. We offer an uniquely crafted Gluten Free and Vegetarian Menu designed to satisfy any palette. Our beef comes from Cox Farm and Southeast Family Farms and our cheeses from Flat Creek Lodge Creamery and Sweet Grass Dairy. These regional ingredients combined with our Chef's creativity and skill help make the moments in Fandangles memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fandangles reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great food at a reasonable price.love2eatDined on 8/19/2014The food was great and the staff was outstanding, even the head chef took the time to talk to us. We will visit again.Special Features:
- Too over pricedTennisdiva08Dined on 8/17/2014Food was adequate but was not impressed based on the amount charged. More than likely will not return or recommend to my friends/associates or family.
- OutstandingLaurobinDined on 8/14/2014The Chef was excellent. Every dish was delightful and delicious. Presentations lovely and portions more than adequate. He was able to accommodate special need (gluten free child) with no problem. Our party of 8 was also very pleased with the service we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comforting FingAlwayseatingDined on 8/9/2014The ambiance is nice, especially the outdoor patio that overlooks the pool and hotel courtyard. I went with girlfriends and the drinks were DELICIOUS. You have to try the Peach Martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!MusicianswineDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I found this restaurant while visiting downtown Atlanta. The food was amazing! We highly recommend it if you are in the downtown area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedmikegDined on 7/12/2014Found the food to be over priced and just mediocre. The service was slow. The best thing our group had was the turkey burger. The steaks were tough and flavorless and the pot pie was no better than the frozen. I had the burger and it was average. I can't understand why it was crowded.
- Don't miss the Mac and cheese!Dbjone2Dined on 6/29/2014The food and table service was excellent. Our only complaint was being told that since we made our reservation at the last minute (2 hours before dinner), we were to wait because they had been slammed. We make reservations in order to avoid waiting because I have injured my back, and have great difficulty standing for long, and getting up and down. We probably should have explained that to the maître d, because we felt he was initially rude, but he was very gracious in the end. I just think that no matter when th reservation is made, effort should be taken to honor it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMM-MMM GOOD!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014We stayed at the Sheraton and ate at this restaurant one night. We LOVED it!! Had the most scrumptious chicken pot pie I've ever eaten!! Loved everything about this restaurant~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expected...bueller13Dined on 5/17/2014Based on reviews at another on-line site, my wife and I decided to try this restaurant. The food was average (we had the salmon and crab cakes), the restaurant had very little atmosphere (about what you would expect for a hotel restaurant, but far below what you would find at one of Atlanta's top rated restaurant. The service was better than average and the price of the food was commensurate with the quality. In the end, Fandangles is not one of the top 50 restaurants in Atlanta!
- SurpriseLuv2eatDined on 5/11/2014Went for mother's day and we had a great time. The service was good and the food was even better, for it to be a restaurant in a hotel...wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 71 reviews are from the Fandangles reviews archive.
- Great findskoropiDined on 4/26/2014We came in out of town and had dinner with our friends there. This was right next to our hotel, so very convenient. It was not crowded and the noise level was low so you could hold a normal conversation. The food was good and the service excellent. Would recommend it to anyone staying in downtown Atlanta for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014Food was awesome!!! My wife started with the fried green tomatoes and then had the crab cakes. She was extremely pleased with the meal. I had the 24 oz. Bone in rib eye which was cooked to perfection. Excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A decent hotel restaurantHarrietD1Dined on 4/12/2014This is a great restaurant if you're staying the Sheraton (?). food was good but not "out of this world". Fun hip atmosphere especially if you like stripes I cool bar lighting. But I don't know if I'd go out of my way to go there again if not staying at the hotel there. Parking in their garage was kind of a pain. And the restaurant felt a little cheesy, but maybe that was due to all the tween dancers that were staying at the attached hotel for a dance workshop weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to the reviews.EvieDined on 4/7/2014It's an average restaurant. Nothing spectacular. Didn't hate it, but wouldn't recommend it to a friend. The greeters were pleasant, and the server was as well, but they seemed short staffed. Everything took longer than normal to be served, and lacked any "real" flavor.
- Fandangles Just OkayChicagoanDined on 3/17/2014Honestly, I can barely remember what I ordered there. It was recommended by a friend but I found it to be just OK. It's a step above the hotel restaurant in my opinion. However the staff was very accommodating and polite. The service was fine. The food was good. It didn't blow me a way though. Plus it was kind of expensive.Special Features:
- Count me a Fan...dangleMHammoDined on 3/4/2014I was pleasantly surprised as Fandangles is located in the Sheraton Downtown Atlanta. In general, my experience with hotel based restaurants are really not that good. This is one of those exceptions and don't let the location scare you. The staff was excellent and attentive across the board. Everyone was very nice, professional and aimed to please and they succeeded. We had a group of 12 and all were pleased with their dishes. The standouts were the lamb shank, delish! Believe it or not grilled cheese sandwich was amazing. Grilled salmon pleased several people. The chef did a tasting desert for the table which was outstanding. Too many to list but all were great. Save room or take some home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 失敗しないと思います。zippoDined on 2/22/2014６ＰＭに予約したが空いていた。でも帰るときには席が埋まっていたので予約した方が良いかも。 ステーキやハンバーガーもあるが注文したのは 『Chicken Pot Pie』 （大きなチキン入りクリームシチューにパイというよりパンが乗っていて美味しい） 『Smoked Duck Confit Flatbread』 （ピザのような見た目。ヤギのチーズが乗っているけど、そんなに臭くなく食べやすい） 接客も感じが良いし、料理も問題なく楽しめた。しかもホテルのセルフパーキングの駐車券を渡したら８時間無料になった！ バーと併設されてはいるが、やはりホテルのレストランなので落ち着いて食事ができた。I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I was very impressed with the food and service. I went for a romantic evening but it was a cheerleading competition in Atlanta that weekend so I was disappointed in the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueMrHendersonDined on 2/14/2014This was a hard choice for me since it was Valentines. We choose to eat from the Valentine menu when we saw the regular menu options. The food was excellent and service was quick to give us anything we asked for. The dining area had a cruise ship specialty restaurant feel we were not to excited about the atmosphere. The bar appeared to be more lively with the weekend events that the Ga. Dome was hosting. Basically the restaurant is a good spot for individuals staying at the hotel. I still gave Fandangles a high rating because overall the experience was worth it.Special Features:
- new years eveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The food was good. The service was just fair. Not sure why as resturant did not look that busy. Liked menu and all the choices.Special Features:
- Welcoming Staffluv2dineDined on 12/27/2013I enjoyed my entire dining experience from the moment I got there until I left! I chose this restaurant from tripadvisor reviews, and I was very please! Best customer service I had in a long time!!I I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Attentive and unique hotel diningDiningITPDined on 12/21/2013Had never been for dinner but liked the variety of the menu. Our party of 5 (two kids) enjoyed the attentive service and our meals. Tucked away in the back of the Sheraton, but would be back. Make reservations to avoid a wait due to hotel guests also dining there.Special Features:
- JUST PERFECTBLACKHORSE777Dined on 12/15/2013Restaurant opens at 5:30 sharp. Host was very cordial. Meals were of a nice proportion and it was obvious the cook knew what he was doing. Nice gem to be found in that area! Park in the Self Park and get voucher on the way out (will save you $20)...don't listen to the valet personnel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical hotel restaurantKatyVeeDined on 12/10/2013Tried this spot because of its TripAdvisor rating, and found it over rated. Food was good, menu had changed from what was on the TA site. Staff was absolutely accommodating, though.
- The staff professional, friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013The staff professional, friendly, and very welcoming! I loved their hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEnglishmanabroadDined on 11/10/2013As a highly rated Atlanta restaurant, our table of four had high expectations. The restaurant was not busy. We skipped appetizers so we had room for substantial main courses. We waited an hour from sitting down before they arrived - not all together- and ending up seeing the young manager who did his best to apologise and explain. When you are number 6/3400ish on Trip Advisor you expect more. I hope we went on an off night. I really wanted it to be better. I noticed a singe diner near us complain too.
- dinner for colleaguesEricDined on 11/8/2013Suitable for colleagues at a medical meeting. Although it's not a stand-alone restaurant, being on the third floor is good, away from the lobby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait and eat average cuisineMactheknifeDined on 11/8/2013We booked online through open table and received an e-mail accordingly. A 6 people party was scheduled at 7:30 pm. In the meantime an additional guest joined us. When we arrived we were told that it was not possible to accomodate 7 people. In fact, 6 people neither. We should wait for 20 minutes. 20 minutes became 45 minutes with no explanation and several "in two minutes notice". The staff was friendly but disorganised. Food was fair to good for adequate price. Although this restaurant is generally well rated, I'm affraid this seems rather because Atlanta does not offer a good choice of competing restaurant. Let's wish the welcoming staff will enhance efficiency. The Sheraton environment is overrated as well.Special Features:
- A little disappointed...eepsersDined on 11/8/2013This place got great reviews both on OpenTable and TripAdvisor, despite being in a hotel, so we went. The ambiance was OK, and the service acceptable, although my husband's water glass run dry. At one point, the manager came by the table and asked if we needed anything, and I said, yes, some more bread, please, He seemed peeved & brought back two small breadsticks. The first bread was very good. What the manager brought was so hard that it resembled bread put back in the oven too long, but not burned…just hard. So although our waiter was good, the overall service I had to rate lower. The food was good but not great, and cost more than the delicious meal we had at 10 Degrees South the night before. Hot sauce on both, unexpected.
- Excellent downtown optionOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/31/2013Interesting, well-executed menu, good bar, wonderful service (kudos to Morgan).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was very courteous,FoodieDined on 10/19/2013The staff was very courteous, but the pace was slow. As soon as we were served, we requested to go boxes because we had a show. As nice as our server was, we were still waiting for the boxes several minutes later. A manager brought them so she was busy? It wasn't crowded. A coworker described the same experience: not crowded but slow. We agree that the food was really good. I'd eat here again if I were staying at the hotel and did not have plans with a time contraint. The restaurant is on the 3rd floor and we did quite a bit of walking to get to it. Every staff member we encountered was pleasant and helpful. I imagine the hotel is really nice for a stay and this restaurant would be a bonus in that case.
- Not a Bad Option50SomethingDined on 10/12/2013Was in town for a trade show. This would not have worked for entertaining customers as it was a little too casual and not special enough to meet customer expectations for being entertained. However, we went with our sales team the night before the trade show opened and this was a perfect casual, energetic environment for team building and morale boosting. Seven out of eight meals were terrific. Also convenient as it's in one of the downtown hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for Gluten FreeStuSanDiegoDined on 10/4/2013We had such a great experience on Friday night we returned again on Sat even though we were at another hotel a subway stop away. They have a separate gluten free section with a substantial selection including wonderful Pizza and Pasta with excellent grilled chicken for appetizer the Bean chili was great as well as the salads. What made it even more special was our waiter Morgan for both nights. This definitely worth a trip Gluten free or otherwiseSpecial Features:
- Great Restaurant!vegetariandinerDined on 9/13/2013Wait staff was excellent and food was very delicious! We visited this restaurant on a weekend getaway and it was a great pick! I was surprised that there was not more people in the restaurant because it was delicious. If you are a vegetarian or someone that is gluten conscious, then I would highly recommend it. They set the menu up in such a way that it has the items on the menu divided into vegetarian options and gluten free options so you don't have to search or wonder if what you are ordering fits with your diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free and FriendlyDjennDined on 8/27/2013This restaurant was incredibly accommodating to my gluten intolerance. Not only did I have a fabulous gluten free pizza and dessert, but they also thought to bring me gluten free bread at the start of the meal (which most restaurants forget). The food was awesome and our server Morgan was just fantastic. We went again later in the week just for the bar and were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good Service, GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2013Good food, Good Service, Good Time, The food was fantastic. The service was excellent, Tony accommodated our every need. The Brisket burger was tender, flavorful and plated wonderfully. The shrimp wrapped in Bacon was great as was the Grown Ups Grill Cheese! I added bacon. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Upscale Food, Budget Friendlykitty526Dined on 8/10/2013All previous reviews of this restaurant are right on point. Ambiance, great menu, food is presented beautifully and taste great. the price is so right. The menu catered to quite a few, vegan and gluten free. Nice! Nothing was left on our plates. Conversation was limited while we consumed our food. In addition, not much sharing going on. We were in to our plates. I looked up to request a sample of my husband's White Chili Bean soup and it was gone, (smh). On this particular night our server was a little over the top and seemed distracted not only to us but the fellow patrons in his zone. We definitely would visit this place again and have already recommended it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fandangles - Fantastic2fordinnerDined on 8/4/2013wonderful meal, attentive staff much better than expected given the locationI would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden, Late Night Find!UnderwhelmingVIPDined on 7/31/2013I am in love with this restaurant! Outstanding service (thank you Morgan) & management (thank you Karim)!! EVERYTHING is great! A wonderful ambiance & late night find hidden in the Sheraton Hotel downtown Atlanta! They are open until midnight!!! Nice bar & lounge area to boot! Started with the fried green tomatoes & arugula salad. GREAT! Ended with the fresh fish special Grouper in Ginger Chili sauce for the hubby & the GINORMOUS seared scallops with amazing cheese grits( & that's saying something for the South)!!! FABULOUS! We were "treated" to a very lovely & light palate cleansing desert of berries & citrus cake. CANNOT WAIT TO RETURN & BRING FRIENDS!!!Special Features:
- Would go againskeeraDined on 7/26/2013Fandangle`s was a wonderful dining experience. I ordered the special that was pan seared grouper, thai green curry with basmati rice and cilantro. It was perfection. My husband had the lamb shank which was just okay for me. It needed more seasoning in my opinion but the meat was extremely tender. The staff was warm and interactive with my 13 month old.Special Features: