245 S. 10th St.
Santa Paula, CA 93060Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.familiadiazrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (805) 525-2813
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:30PM
Saturday: 11:00AM - 4:30PM
Sunday: 10:00AM - 4:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30PM - 9:00PM Sunday: 4:30PM - 8:00PM
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Try our traditional Mexican food for your next catering event. Or Dan's Award Winning Bar-B-Que
- Private Party Facilities: We will be happy to set you up in our separate Banquet room when your guest list is over 15 and up to 50
- Private Party Contact: Dan or Sandi 8055252813
A word from Familia Diaz
Mexican Restaurant Family owned and operated since 1936. Traditional Mexican food,with authentic Mexican flavors. Winner of "L.A.Best Food Award" 4 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Familia Diaz reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Glad we stopped byICemanVIPDined on 11/11/2014Finally got to stop by Familia Diaz for dinner and we weren't disappointed. Food was great, service was even better. We got there right when it opened and it was just about packed within 30 min. Glad we had reservations. From the appatizers to the entrees to the desserts, all were great Will definitely be going back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Mexican foodrgzspickVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food here is some of the best in the county; I especially like their crab and shrimp enchiladas and the combo plates are also very good. Ample portions, too. The service is usually fast unless they are busy when it can slow down as in our last dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedReviewer13Dined on 1/12/2014Food was mediocre at best. Very salty and lacked authenticity of real mexican food. We won't be returning
- Best Mexican restaurant inrgzspickVIPDined on 3/16/2013Best Mexican restaurant in Ventura County, and it is very easy on the pocketbook. I like their tamales and burritos. Large portions so you will probably take some food home with you. Efficient, pleasant service, adds to the enjoyment of this family owned place which you should try if you live in a 30 mile radius.Special Features:
- Try this restaurant!rgzspickVIPDined on 1/19/2013One of the best Mexican restaurants in Ventura County. I had a very good pollo en mole for my entree, and my wife had a very good tostada for hers. The service was good, and the prices are very good for such well prepared food. This restaurant should be tried by anyone who likes Mexican food. It is easy to get from anywhere in Ventura County, being located right off the 126 Freeway in Santa Paula. We come from Oxnard and it takes only 30 minutes to get there.Special Features:
- Very good Mexican food withrgzspickVIPDined on 10/6/2012Very good Mexican food with the shrimp enchaladas tasty, and the carnitas burrito also very good. Ample portions and attentive service make this a top Mexican restaurant in Ventura County, certainly worth the short drive to Santa Paula for dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- Service was great very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Service was great very nice waitress, Great food .Special Features:
- I believe this is the bestrgzspickVIPDined on 7/14/2012I believe this is the best Mexican restaurant in Ventura County. The food is always fresh and well made, and in ample portions. Efficient service, too. A very pleasant place for dinner.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant in SantargzspickVIPDined on 6/2/2012Very nice restaurant in Santa Paula serving great Mexican food in ample portions. Reasonable prices and very good service. One of the best Mexican restaurants in Ventura County. I can recommend their pollo mole and shrimp enchiladas.Special Features:
- Good food and service. WasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/14/2012Good food and service. Was there on a quiet Monday evening, so I can't really speak to what the place is like on a busy night.
- Very good Mexican food; probablyrgzspickVIPDined on 4/21/2012Very good Mexican food; probably the best in Ventura County. Large portions so don't be surprised to take some of your dinner home. I especially like their salads and tamales. Nice people and efficient service make family run restaurant a winner.Special Features:
- We had a fabulous time celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012We had a fabulous time celebrating my brother's 50th birthday. The service was SO good, I added more to the tip than what the restaurant had charged us. Danielle took REALLY good care of us and did many extra things that helped make our evening pleasant.Special Features:
- Our second visit to this finergzspickVIPDined on 2/19/2012Our second visit to this fine Mexican restaurant, family owned, in Santa Paula. I liked my combo plate of a beef tamale and chile colorado burrito. The tamale had a spicy sauce. My wife liked her carne asada, too. Large portions of very good food. Good, efficient service. It's one of the best Mexican restaurants in Ventura County, and worth a drive to Santa Paula.Special Features:
- I read all the good and badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2012I read all the good and bad reviews for this restaurant and must agree with the "bad". The food was barely edible, warm, not hot, etc. I took 5 people with me and everyone had complaints of some kind. The Margaritas were just so-so. I will not go back.Special Features:
- AMAZING FOODKSisnerosVIPDined on 2/10/2012OMG, This looks like a little run down place, but the food is AMAZING.Special Features:
- Overrated. :(OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012It's reputation as a local favorite may be a bit of a stretch. The price was right for what you get. I was not immersed with the quality of the food. I could have done better at home. The service was friendly but nothing special otherwise. The ambiance was that of an old family restaurant that is in need of a remodel!
- Heard good things about FamiliaBrothersGrimmsVIPDined on 1/25/2012Heard good things about Familia Diaz for years and I guess if you are not part of the family you don't get service here. I won't be back.
- It is a nice local place toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2012It is a nice local place to go. The food is pretty good. The service is excellent. The booths need to be redone as they are lumpy and uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Our first visit to this longrgzspickVIPDined on 12/17/2011Our first visit to this long estabished Mexican restaurant and we enjoyed our dinner. I can recommend the pollo mole that I had on Saturday night and my wife liked her carnitas burrito. Very reasonable prices and good service make this a place to return to.Special Features:
- This is always reliable. TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2011This is always reliable. Tasty food in inviting surroundings. Family owned without a hint of chain about it.Special Features: