112 Harrison Place
Brooklyn, NY 11237Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.falansai.com/
- Phone: 3475991190x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm-10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vietnamese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Henry Trieu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Falansai
Falansai Vietnamese Kitchen brings Vietnamese cuisine with a twist to the streets of Bushwick, Brooklyn. Reflecting the cross-pollinated culture of Vietnam, dishes blend the heritage of Vietnamese street-food with French flavors and Chinese cuisine, particularly from the ChaoZhou region. The 54-seat restaurant is owned by Henry Trieu who grew up in Vietnam. The restaurant was named after the chef's father's mispronunciation of the word "français." Many menu items are adaptations of family recipes. The restaurant offers a selection of vegan dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Falansai reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great food!SugaBrwnDined on 8/19/2014This place is small and quaint and the atmosphere is very pleasant. The service is great this was my husband and I second time coming and the waitress remembered us which was very nice. The food is absolutely delicious I know we've stumbled into a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun birthday for momYummyVIPDined on 8/16/2014This place has great cocktails, a wonderful bar scene with a fantastic bartender! Our server was also excellent and the food was divine to say the least. We came to celebrate my mom's birthday and we will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavors, beer & coffee!Taragon123Dined on 7/3/2014Fresh, great flavors/combination of spies! The iced coffee reminded me of the time I spent in Vietnam. Service was delightful. We will definitely be making this a regular on our list of favorites in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem.bornafoodieDined on 5/24/2014We picked Falansai because we were going to be nearby. Having eaten there we will travel back to Bushwick just to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the Falansai reviews archive.
- Great VietnameseJulesDined on 5/3/2014Such a cute place. Delicious food, great wine list and really reasonable prices. Also appreciated that we didn't have to shout to hear each other - which is rare!Special Features:
- New and Great Hidden GemGreatCuisine1Dined on 3/14/2014Recommended by a friend my husband and I tried it out. It was a great recommendation. Upon entry we was welcomed and seated immediately. The service was great and the food was awesome. The only thing that was not all that great was the desert. I oredered the chocolate mousse with candied ginger. It was hard and not to good. Luckily I ordered the vietimese coffee with the cake which tasted beautiful. I would recommend anyone to go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely zen space!BethDined on 2/22/2014Lovely mood, an oasis in Bushwick, we were able to make a last minute reservation on a Sat night. Quiet with French lounge music being played, perfect because we had our 72 yr old Dad with us so noisy is no good. It did get louder after two large parties arrived but it was from voices and ambient sound; not music being blasted so you have to scream to be heard. Excellent, friendly service, our waitress was great making recommendations with food/wine. My husband loved the Shaking Beef, my Dad loved the Mama's Ginger Chicken which they made mild for him; I had the Kung Pao Calamari which was very good too (my fault for selecting a dish with baby fish which turned out not to my personal taste) and we shared the Dad's Shrimp Rolls, also yummy!!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We found this restaurant browsing Open Table, and deciding to give it a try for a Valentine's Day dinner. Don't be fooled by Harrison Place which is populated with warehouses, it has a great restaurant on the corner. We were pleasantly surprised, and totally satisfied with Falansai. The food was not only reasonably priced, but it was delicious! The service was excellent, and our servers treated us like we were guests in their home. It is a charming little spot that I'll definitely be visiting again, and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for exceptional Asian food in Brooklyn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFlashGDined on 1/23/2014I had read a few reviews of this place and decided to take my partner and some friends there for his birthday. We are total foodies and trekked out from the upper west side. The food was outstanding - really delicious and it was not super noisy like most places. It was the perfect place to take a group. Outside of the food being really amazing the service was great and it was really reasonably priced. I will definitely go again and it was well worth the trip. I highly recommend Falansai. It was not crowded and I guess no one has caught on yet what amazing food this place has!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden and unsual VietnameseMayaDined on 12/28/2013Though only a couple of block from the train station, this place is off the beaten path as the street is mostly warehouses. We started our dinner with an excellent pinot from their pretty extensive wine list. We enjoyed the Dad's shrimp roll with tofu skin. The Shaking Beef was very succulent cubes of beef that had a nice smoky flavor. We also had the kung pao calamari with little dried fish which exploded with flavors. The lemongrass tofu was simple but was quite tasty. We ordered more food than could finish and had them packed. We skipped the desserts (looked interesting). Service was warm and efficient. The place had an soothing and foreign vibe with its turquoise hue and the eclectic cabaret like music. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's tough to say as we eatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2013It's tough to say as we eat vietnamese cuisine pretty regularly and the prices here seemed a bit high; none-the-less the appetizers were pretty good - Chicken Wings and Imperial Rolls. The Papaya salad left something to be desired. Our entrees left us both scratching our heads too: Crab w/ Glass Noodles and Kung Pao Calamari. The latter was certainly interesting, to say the least. I think it would only be fair to watch the evolution of this restaurant, over the next 6 months - give them a year or so to get their feet beneath them - and check back to see how they have progressed. As of now, all we can say is that they are very sweet people, with great intentions.