Fairbanks Steakhouse @ Hollywood Casino - Aurora
1 West New York Street
Aurora, IL 60506Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Fairbanks Steakhouse @ Hollywood Casino - Aurora
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hollywoodcasinoaurora.com/Dining/fairbanks steakhouse
- Phone: 6308017333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Walter Lappay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area
- Private Party Facilities: 18 Seat Private Room
- Private Party Contact: Jeta Abdi 6308017213
A word from Fairbanks Steakhouse @ Hollywood Casino - Aurora
The setting and ambiance are 1930's classic Hollywood, but the culinary experience is fine contemporary dining. With USDA prime beef and delicious seafood creations, plus rich pastas, fresh salads, and an award-winning selection of wine, it’s no wonder Fairbanks was named Best Casino Fine Dining Restaurant by the readers of “Midwest Gaming & Travel.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fairbanks Steakhouse @ Hollywood Casino - Aurora - Best Restaurants in Aurora ›
Fairbanks Steakhouse @ Hollywood Casino - Aurora reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)romantic (14)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (5)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great for when going to ParamountShoesgo4itDined on 10/17/2014I was celebrating my birthday with my husband. We had tickets for a performance at the Paramount that evening. We chose Fairbanks because we heard it was good and close to the theater. We were pleasantly surprised how nice it was there and the steak was great!! I also liked that they asked if we were going to the show. I felt like they knew that we didn't have all evening to dine and we received our dinner in a timely manner. I definitely recommend it and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantenjoyingafewbirthdaysDined on 10/11/2014Fairbanks delivers it all; delicious food, outstanding service and a memorable experience. I would definitely dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutgracieDined on 10/11/2014Good friends and good food and great service made this a fun night.Special Features:
- Solid SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014Dined here a few times and no complaints. Nice steaks, nice sides and even if you are not using Comp Dollars, great prices.Special Features:
- steaksshebgDined on 10/3/2014my filet was good but my husband's t-bone was so tough, he could not even cut it with a steak knifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner before the showShowFanDined on 9/26/2014The food quality is always reliable, the atmosphere is pleasant, but leave yourself lots of time. While the staff are very friendly and want to accommodate your needs, the pace is not urgent. I go with friends before theatre performances and we always make the reservation for 2 1/2 hours before the event to ensure adequate time for service and visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Food and ServiceChazMaTazDined on 9/18/2014The restaurant, located inside the Hollywood Casino, is first rate. Wonderful food and excellent wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNana2threeDined on 9/13/2014Everything about our experience was top notch! The service was outstanding, food was awesome, our waiter was great, he may be at another table but he would notice when you needed anything before we did. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Very GoodChristineDined on 9/12/2014We have been going to Fairbanks Steakhouse for many years now & this restaurant always does well in all categories. Their steaks are good quality, dry-rub ribs are very tasty & the sides are delicious & enough to share.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedUnhappyDined on 8/30/2014I was disappointed in this restaurant. Service was slow and when the server took the cork out of a wine bottle the wine squirted all over me. She was apologetic, but I think that is something she should have known could have happened and pointed the bottle in a different direction. We had a reservation as we also had tickets to see a show at the Paramount. We were seated at our table at 6:10 p.m. and the show started at 8:00p.m. We barely made it to the show in time. I will not go back to this restaurant.
- Amazing Nightluvtoeat2Dined on 8/30/2014The food was outstanding, from the shrimp cocktail calamari the petite medallions to the fish, our experience was wonderful our waitress was outstanding she new her stuff. Had a wonderful night. Thanks for the $40.00 gift we use it for our Anniversary, would love to do it again soon and sit by the windows!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeMarkVIPDined on 8/30/2014Excellent place to eat when you're going to the Paramount. Good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before Donny and Marie showDonnaODined on 8/29/2014We were most disappointed in the menu choices, very limited. Server was a delight but would have to give some thought before recommending this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- HossieDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter, Scott, was most helpful and attentive. This was our first time visiting the restaurant and we're very pleased. Fairbanks will be on our list to visit again. If you are planning to go to the Paramount for a show, the staff is extremely careful to be certain that you will be on time for the performance. Portions are big enough to share with no extra cost. Everything we had was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJerryDined on 8/29/2014Very nice and helpful personal, also the food was perfect. All of the staff did a great job. We will be back in the future.Special Features:
- Quality ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Very nice experience and above average food. Yes, there are better steakhouses, but for the middle of Aurora and for the price (cheaper than a lot of the casino steakhouses), this was a great deal. Two Stellas, one JW Black, baked onion soup, filet, baked potato side, asparagus side (split), lamb chops w/ garlic mashed...$113 before tip. Wife had comp dollars so only paid the $20 bar tab and left a nice tip. Servers were very attentive and all in all, had a nice Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodLgp0714Dined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. Save room for dessert because it is amazing as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodHappydinerDined on 7/26/2014We had a pleasant experience dining here and the food was superb. My husband had the filet and I had seafood. Sides were delicious too. It's bit more than we typically spend, but worth doing again for special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great food. Standout service by the wait staff and even as we were greeted. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The FoodyummmmDined on 7/17/2014The steaks were cooked to perfection....the onion soup always a winner...the calamari the best in the State...garlic mashed potatoes are the best.....Special Features:
- BirthdayGalFranKay2014Dined on 6/28/2014Our table was ready at the designated time..that is always a plus! The menu pricing was a great value..I had the prime rib and it was done exactly how I requested it. My husband had the steak and lobster and he said it was fantastic. We were not rushed through our dinner, so we were quite relaxed. We sat at a table that was under a spot-light. I think the lighting could have been more romantically dimmed. All in all it was a great experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 43 reviews are from the Fairbanks Steakhouse @ Hollywood Casino - Aurora reviews archive.
- HailelyDined on 6/21/2014Nice place, friendly and very good waiter named Scott. The steak was very good.Special Features:
- closedsieversDined on 6/4/2014Fairbanks was closed. I had a confirmed reservation for Wednesday June 4. This was for my husband's 50th birthday. When we arrived we found the resturant closed as it always is onTuesday and Wednesday. I was very upset since I had spent a lot of time reading reviews to make his birthday special. Very disappointed
- Always goodluvtheEiffelDined on 5/30/2014We've been to Fairbanks Steakhouse many times and it has never disappointed us! We are always able to find a good wine to go with dinner and whatever we have ordered, has been done perfectly. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates fine dining and a place where one can carry on a conversation with friends without raising one's voice!Special Features:
- Not worth itpumpkinDined on 4/19/2014Overall I was not impressed with this restaurant or the food. The lobster tail was dry and tasteless, the filet was good and tender but not worth the price. The atmosphere is dark and if you opened the blinds you overlook the roof. Not attractive ... I was given a birthday comp and this was the first time that a dessert was not included. I was very disappointed.
- Not Just for gamblersDiceManDined on 4/16/2014Fairbanks is the high end restaurant at Hollywood Casino in Aurora, but unlike many other casino-linked restaurants, you don't have to walk through the casino in order to get to Fairbanks (helpful for those who want to eat, but want to avoid the temptation to gamble). Obviously though, they do want you to hit the tables downstairs, so if you get a players card you will frequently receive coupons for Fairbanks, as well as comp points that can be applied towards your dinner check. Fairbanks isn't cheap, but the prices are actually reasonable given the quality of the food and service. The steaks are quite large (mine was excellent, and I took half home!), and the side dishes were equally good. Try the baked sweet potato for a real treat!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in AuroraFoodieDined on 3/28/2014This restaurant is a foodie's delight. Everything is cooked to perfection, all the sauces for meat and fish are delectable, and for anyone who is tired of trying to hear your companions at dinner this room provides the perfect environment for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!RondiVIPDined on 3/22/2014We are season ticket holders at the Paramount Theater, and have always dined at Two Brothers (former Roundhouse) before the show. This time, we decided to do something different and made reservations at Fairbanks since it was close to the theater and had fairly good reviews on Open Table. What a complete disappointment! The restaurant layout is strange - lots of corner angles that make it look chopped up and unwelcoming. It looked like there are lots of windows, however they had every blind closed on all of them so it was dark and depressing. The food is pricy ($180 for 4 of us), so we assumed that it would be top notch. Wrong! Steam table food that was inedible. It's back to Two Brothers for us.
- Fun date nightDavidBDined on 2/22/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Fairbank's before a night at the casino. The food was very good, especially the Cajun Ribeye, and the Service was excellent.Special Features:
- A very special "Special Day"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014I wanted to treat my husband to somewhere "special" for Valentines Day. What a great choice I made in selecting Fairbanks! The food was outstanding and the recommendations made by your wait staff was just superb. Fantastic food combined with great service made for a very special evening. Can't wait to try your other menu items!! Karen & Rich Muir Geneva, ILSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my birthday so I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014It was my birthday so I went on line to check out the menu before coming in. Was disappointed that there was not the lobster you show on your web site! Oscar how ever hooked us up with twin lobster tails from some where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad if you are out that way!PucksaverDined on 1/31/2014Had a $75.00 gift certificate for Fairbanks. I live in Evanston so it took about an hour to get to Aurora. The restaurant is nicely decorated, especially for a casino restaurant. The service was wonderful-very accommodating. Everything was well prepared. My son had the T-bone and I had the ribs. The T-bone was terrific. The ribs were so-so. The salads and the onion soup were fabulous. The turtle cheesecake was mediocre. It's a bit pricey-more like a top end steakhouse like Gene and Georgetti's. If I lived nearby I might go for a special occasion, but I wouldn't drive there from Evanston again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairbanks in the Hollywood CasinoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014We needed a top qualify dinner with fast service in order to make it to the theatre. Fairbanks's staff delivered! The steak and the sea bass were the best we've ever had. We did not have appetizers or dessert and we were out in less than one hour at a top quality restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWallyDined on 1/11/2014Great food. Good value for your dollar. Great place to celebrate your birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Job well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014This experience was awesome. The food was great and service was good. Prices fair. I am going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodLarryDined on 12/20/2013Every time we dine there, we come away feeling that it's as good a restaurant as any in the area. We usually order some form of beef with sides. The side portions are huge and the restaurant allows you to split a side or order a half a side. We split the veggie as well as the salad ( there was more than enough) I had the prime rib which was wonderful ( I could only finish half) my wife had the filet cooked medium and it was done to perfection. We each had a drink and no dessert. The service was excellent, there when appropriate but not over the top. The atmosphere is usually quiet, which is the way we like it. Our bill was $109.00 without tip. I would recommend Fairbanks to anyone, not just to the casino crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak an veal parm. were delicious.hungryDined on 12/14/2013Steak an veal parm. were delicious. It was very busy due to an 8 o'clock show starting shortly. We ordered a bottle of wine - the waitress came out with the same type - but different year. She had to go back and check - and explained this was the only year of that wine they had - same price even though there was a 5 year difference. When the bill came - we were going to be charged $48 more! Make sure you read over your bill!Special Features:
- nicest restuarant in aurora/naperOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013great restaurant the best crab cakes anywhere real nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above Average SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/21/2013Made an impromptu decision to dine here after getting a promotion on Thursday, November 21st. My wife had over $100 in comps, so we figured we would try it out. She had two patron-based cocktails and I had two glasses of wine. Not an extensive wine list, but it sufficed. I had the Baked Onion Soup...very good. My wife had an 8oz filet and a baked potato which were very good. I had the cajun ribeye which came with Louisiana hash browns, which was my only regret. It was basically one big patty of flavorless hash browns and was very oily. The ribeye was great, but should have opted for garlic mashed or a baked potato. We split a serving of asparagus as well. I probably would not go out of my way to go back, but still was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before an event.BADNIGHTVIPDined on 11/20/2013Great place to eat if you are going to an event at the Paramount Theatre in Aurora.Special Features: