222 South Caldwell St.
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefroccowhalen.com/
- Phone: (980) 237-6718
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 4:00PM - 2:30AM
Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
*Brunch, Room Service and Lunch coming soon!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Rocco Whalen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fahrenheit is truly a one stop shop for all of your dining needs. No matter how small or large your get together may be, let Fahrenheit worry about the details! We customize menus and tailor experiences to the needs of each and every one of our patrons!
A word from Fahrenheit
Located in Charlotte"s Uptown, Fahrenheit has already become a player in the up and coming Charlotte food scene! Rising Star Chef, Rocco Whalen, a Wolfgang Puck protégé, will blow you away with his approachable and cutting edge cooking style. Taste Rocco's contemporary cuisine with its Mediterranean & Asian accents & you'll know why Esquire declared him a "Chef to Keep Your Eye On". Fahrenheit is equipped with a full service bar complete with a la carte dining, private dining rooms available for large parties and the most breathtaking view of Charlotte’s beautiful sky line from every table in the restaurant!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fahrenheit - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Fahrenheit reviews from OpenTable diners
321 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (279)special occasion (192)hot spot (183)vibrant bar scene (145)romantic (144)fit for foodies (117)good for groups (95)great for outdoor dining (88)late-night find (72)notable wine list (65)neighborhood gem (37)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014Great experience with one caveat. We had 6:00 reservations and showed up at 5:30on a Tuesday. It was not busy and their were only 2 other tables seated but none of our food was served hot. It was luke warm by the time it hit our table. It was good it just wasnt hot. Would definitely go back. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farenheit: the temperature was not as warm!mjordanwDined on 11/15/2014On Saturday evening, we took some out of town guests to Farenheit. It's one of our favorite places to take company. The atmosphere and view of the city lights at night make this one of the most chic eateries in town. Our reservation was not until 9:45 and we had to wait about ten minutes for seating. After the four of us placed our order, only one of us received our meal in a reasonable time. The other three of us had to wait another awkward ten minutes or so. (How odd that one person in our party should get his meal way before the rest of us . . . ). One of our guests ordered a margherita pizza that was drenched in olive oil. The flavor was beyond bland it was way too greasy. On the other hand, the salmon was delicious and the brussel spouts were prepared exquisitely. I will keep going back to this restaurant for many reasons, but hope that they will fix the small details that make a big difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Repeat PerformanceBaxter2013Dined on 11/15/2014We chose Fahrenheit to have a very nice dinner with a wonderful city view. We could not even understand the waitress when she went over the evening specials because of the noise level in the dining area. Food was good, not exceptional. Would not revisit.Special Features:
- OutstandingNupe1911Dined on 11/15/2014Wonderful place to enjoy with a special lady. We will be coming back again soon. A friend of mine recommended this place and it was outstanding. Our waitress really knew the menu and she also made a couple of suggestions. The one she made for dessert was perfect. We probably should have each gotten our own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York AtmosphereBernieDined on 11/14/2014We celebrated by husband's birthday. The food was very good. A little pricey. The restaurant is very upscale with a New York feel. Beautiful place but a little loud in the kitchen area. I would rather sit by the window as far from the kitchen as possible. Waiter was nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014There was a bunch of interesting dishes, it was very hard to choose from, and we are definitely going back within a month. Dates stuffed with chorizo and wrapped in bacon served with tomato aioli is now one of my favorite dishes. The service was just as good as the meal. Like I said I will definitely be going back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food at premium Prices.JayhawkDined on 11/14/2014Meh... Not a place I would recommend to anyone with other options.
- Night out on the roofTigerDined on 11/13/2014The view was wonderful, the food was ok. Nothing to write home to Mom about. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FahrenheitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Food was exceptional. Chorizo stuffed dates are a must and I do not even like dates. Portions are very small for the price. I ordered lamb chops and asked the server how big they were and she described with her hands the diameter but not thickness. There were only four and they were paper thin. For the money I would have expected thicker cuts or six chops. Flavorful though. A friend order the scallops, she had been there before and warned us if your hungry don't order them. When the arrived it looked like an appetizer. Luckily we did not order them. Great atmosphere but terrible use out outside space. Very narrow walkway and difficult to get around people if your outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedITWASOkDined on 11/8/2014I made reservations a week in advance. They were overbooked and we were seated late. The crowd and music noise was too loud for me to hear my girlfriend talk. The service was slow. We ordered drinks first, but the food came out first. The pizza that we ordered was good, but not enough to warrant a second trip anytime soon. The only good thing about the entire night was the view of the city.Special Features:
- Great view, everything else, okFoodLover11VIPDined on 11/8/2014The view from Fahrenheit is a must-see. We arrived to see the sunset and were seated shortly after. Service was good overall, but we were both disappointed with the food. Again salmon dish and the burger were good, but not better than anything we've had elsewhere. And the music was insanely loud, not a romantic dinner spot at all. Would go back for a drink, but not for dinner.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerpreppykatesDined on 11/7/2014We went on a Friday Night for my Fiance's Birthday Dinner and it was great! We had a large group and it was hard to have group conversations at first (8:30 reservation) but then the restaurant got a bit quieter towards the end! The food was wonderful and specials were great! Looked like it would be a great place to grab a few drinks on the patio when its a bit warmer outside! Our meal was definitely on the pricier side, but it was a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Very loud and difficult to converse at the table.Special Features:
- novemberbirthdayDined on 11/5/2014The view from the terrace was spectacular. Before that, the crab cakes were very good, but the bacon wrapped dates with chorizo were pretty well burned to crisp. My dinner special of lobster tails left a lot to be desired , especially at the $46 price. The tails were thickly battered and deep fried. The most outstanding taste was that of the deep fried batter ,with no apparent taste of lobster. The accompanying noodles and maybe two bites of bok choy were overwhelmed by the amount of soy and ginger on it!! Overall the lobster tails left a lot to be desired; mainly flavor! The chocolate cake was the best! I would go back only for drinks and view from the terrace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is amazingMemeDined on 11/5/2014I am in love with Fahrenheit. I loved everything about it. The food, the atmosphere, the ambiance, and especially the view. The best restaurant in Charlotte by a long shot. Thank you for the wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Spot Cool View35MaxwellDined on 11/1/2014This place has the best view in the city. The outdoor area, while small, is an awesome place to have drinks and socialize. The bar is chic with a NYC feel to it. The restaurant part is ok. The food is good but not outstanding and the prices are extremely high- obviously you are paying for the view/ambience. The servers are all friendly although the place is so popular/crowded that there is definitely some room for improvement organizationally. After waiting 20 minutes past our reservation time, we were seated only to have to wait another 20 minutes for a waitress. Three different wait staff people came and each thought someone else had us. I would still recommend this place to anyone as its cool factor is unmatched in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View but...AlanVIPDined on 10/31/2014Wife and I were looking for a roof top restaurant. Found it here on the 21st floor. Hsd good sized drinks on the patio enjoying the view, sofa, and great service. Went inside for dinner. Started with the crabcakes. Very tasty but cold. Server and/or mgr handled very well. Both my wife and I ordered the salmon on wasabi potatoes. Again both very tasty but again cold. We sent them back asking them to taste to verify. The handled it very well by giving us new plates/meals. I would go back again for drinks and view. Think they made a mistake when they set the bar where the bartender sees the Charlotte view but the customers look internaly. Mgmt should check social media write ups. Pattern of good view and drinks but the food??Special Features:
- City HighlightsnowwhiteDined on 10/30/2014Great new restaurant with fabulous views of Charlotte. Love the outdoor fire pit and sofas for outdoor drinks and snacks. Surprised at the number of people dressed very casually as this is a high end restuarant even though they do have pizza on the menu too. Food was delicious, service great, many new wines I was not at all familiar with. Could be very loud when full and it is somewhat pricey but you can certainly find entrees in the 25-30 range. Went for my birthday on Thursday night so it wasn't completely full but very busy. I would definitely recommend for a special occasion but not for a quiet, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereRMariusDined on 10/30/2014Love the food, staff and the view. 2nd time there and brought some family from out of town and they loved it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuldhansenDined on 10/30/2014The food here is tremendous and the view is wonderful. Great for date night or any special occasion!Special Features:
- Great Experienceinfini8catDined on 10/29/2014The service, food, view, and overall vibe of Farenheit is amazing. It was our first time there and we found the experience to be one that we want a repeat of. We started at the bar where the cocktails where perfectly made and the view was stunning. Moved on to a dinner that went beyond pleasing to the palate - chorizo stuffed dates wrapped in bacon....AMAZING. Lobster mashed potatoes...INCREDIBLE. Duck confit pasta...DELICATE and MOUTH WATERING. And two different wines that were equally DELICIOUS! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best views in CharlotteOnceAmonthDined on 10/27/2014Make sure you make a reservation and be ready for the sunset over the skyline of Charlotte. The food was excellent and the service was even better. A friend spilled a glass of water into my lap and our table was swarmed with staff cleaning everything up and making the event seem like nothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view, great food!ktcrazy14Dined on 10/27/2014Was expecting the amazing view, but I did get the prettiest city sunset i've ever seen in Charlotte. Based on some reviews saying the food wasn't worth the cost I was skeptical of what the food would be going in - but it was AMAZING. Everything we ate and drank was delicious and our server was grade A as well.Special Features:
- OverratedSheareeVIPDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant does have the best view in town for dining. And that's it! U have no choice but to valet. The moment u arrive, it's extremely noisy. Once we were finally seated, our server popped over to take our drink order. He brought them over and disappeared. We had to ask a stray server for help. He then eventually returned telling us the specials & took our order. The food took a long time. And what we got was NOT worth the $ or time. This was not our 1st time here. The last time we enjoyed our food. Apparently it was a fluke. Everyone with us that night was impressed with the view & thats where it ends. I say it's a great place for cocktails to enjoy the view. But do not recommend for eating.Special Features:
- Great View, Good Food, OverpricedcjlivetotravelDined on 10/25/2014Dinner at Fahrenheit had its highs & lows: View of the Charlotte Skyline and the beautiful sunset were sensational. The food was good, not great. The duck was over-salted and cut into pieces with fat and tossed with cavetelli pasta. The calamari appetizer was disguised as a generous portion by blending it with a fried greenery (think it was kale)...it was very good but would have like more of the calamari. The wine list could be better: They need to add more reasonably priced wines. On the whole, the restaurant was overpriced. Service was very good. Decor was nice but the acoustics were terrible....conversation at our table was difficult. If we were to go back, it would probably be only for drinks at the bar and watch the sunset.Special Features:
- decent dinner amazing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The view is spectacular defiantly worth seeing. The food was okay really recommend the appetizers. Calamari was great and the charlotte nachos as well. Poor dessert end entree selection.Special Features:
- Underperforming kitchenFoodforthoughtVIPDined on 10/24/2014Unique and vibrant atmosphere with wonderful views and good service. Unfortunately, the food is mediocre at best despite very high end prices. I would recommend Fahrenheit for a pre-dinner cocktail only. Better dining options exist in uptown in this price range.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Often times a place with a killer view often suffers with bad service and food-not the case here...been here several times and I always bring my utta town guests in for cocktails and dinner. The view as the sunsets and the colors surrounding tthe cityscape is awesome. Food is always top notch and the Ccharlotte nachos are to die for and worth every calorie. Finger food at its best and makes for a fun date or a way to settle your bosses into submission. Edward was a our server and was spot on the entire visit! He made our dinner fun and thats important to me.....can't wait to go back...and the prices are in line and, to me, reasonable! Valet was only $7!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Of CharlotteDwaynePDined on 10/17/2014Very well thought out space. Wonderful atmosphere with a great view of Charlotte skyline. Interesting menu selection. Nice spot for special occasions or grabbing a drink or two after work. Bring your camera!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/16/2014The duck confit pasta was great. Our waiter, Casey, did an excellent job of explaining the menu, checking in to make sure that our meal was going well, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and viewsPatrickDined on 10/15/2014We visited for our anniversary based on a friend's recommendation. Though we had a 7:30 PM reservation had to wait 10 minutes more - Not a big deal, though the hostess acted like she was going out of her way to talk to us. Not at all welcoming and we were right on time. Our waiter was fantastic and had excellent suggestions. The wine list is very good. Food was over the top fantastic! The only real negative, and probably because we are a bit older than the demographic here, was that it was way too loud. We could not carry on a conversation at the table. If you are looking for energy though this place checks all of the boxes. And the view if the city skyline was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better view than foodTimBDined on 10/14/2014View is amazing. The food was very very average. and just not value for money. Go for a cocktail and enjoy the viewSpecial Features:
- 25th AnniversaryHutchDined on 10/14/2014We went to Farenheit for our 25th anniversary. Upon arriving, we noticed it was very loud, but in a very energetic way. Celebrating, we embraced the energy and the staff held our table to enjoy a cocktail and enjoy the bar. Our table was not far from the kitchens and close enough to the window to see the view. Our server, Zack was spot on. He didn't hover, but did notice when we need something. We had a Tuna App and Tomato Bisque. The Tuna was good, but could have used less chutney/relish to get more of the Tuna taste. The bisque was very good. We had Kobi Short Ribs and Duck Confit Pasta. Bothe were prepared well. The Pot De Creme was great. Definitely will go again.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I have been here before to drink but This was my first time actually dinning. The staff was very attentive and very nice. The view was beautiful and the food was good. I love how the beers and wines are from the community. I will def be eating here again in the future. The ambiance is very nice but not too much. It was simply perfect for celebrating a birthday. They brought out a nice dessert after our meal which was just another great added touch.Special Features:
- Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Fahrenheit has an awesome bar scene and beautiful skyline views. Come here on a nice day for an outside rooftop view of the Queen City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceTtas1214Dined on 10/12/2014The food, view, service all wonderful. They went above and beyond to help us celebrate with my nephew and his new bride on their way to their honeymoon. We can't thank them enough for their special consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A KeeperLivingTheDream14Dined on 10/11/2014can not miss taking in the Fahrenheit experience. The staff was everywhere though not a burden ,service was spot on and the food hit the mark!Special Features:
- Diverse menu - incredible flavors!PROSTDined on 10/8/2014Great pizza, short-rib was amazing (best in the city?), Pork tenderloin was tender and full of flavor; Pork-belly steamed buns and the lobster rolls (not quite New England) were amazing. The view of the city from the bar on a cool, breezy night is unmatched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a disappointmentFrequentDinerDined on 10/8/2014Several service snafus: Drink order taken with dinner order, drinks arrived after salad served, entree arrived while still eating salad, entree lukewarm. Waiter basically disappeared after food was served. Lobster mac and cheese was very good; scallops very salty. With entrees in the $30 - $40 range, I expected more. In addition, it's frustrating to have to pay $7 for valet parking, considering the price of the food.
- Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!LuLuDined on 10/6/2014This is the second time I have been to the restaurant and will definitely go back. It is such a pleasant experience from the time you walk in the door to the time you leave. The service has been great both times, but the food is exceptional! You can't beat the view. We just had the best time and I am craving the Salmon and short rib buns!!!Special Features: