222 South Caldwell St.
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefroccowhalen.com/
- Phone: 9802376718x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 4:00PM - 2:30AM
Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
*Brunch, Room Service and Lunch coming soon!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Rocco Whalen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fahrenheit is truly a one stop shop for all of your dining needs. No matter how small or large your get together may be, let Fahrenheit worry about the details! We customize menus and tailor experiences to the needs of each and every one of our patrons!
A word from Fahrenheit
Located in Charlotte"s Uptown, Fahrenheit has already become a player in the up and coming Charlotte food scene! Rising Star Chef, Rocco Whalen, a Wolfgang Puck protégé, will blow you away with his approachable and cutting edge cooking style. Taste Rocco's contemporary cuisine with its Mediterranean & Asian accents & you'll know why Esquire declared him a "Chef to Keep Your Eye On". Fahrenheit is equipped with a full service bar complete with a la carte dining, private dining rooms available for large parties and the most breathtaking view of Charlotte’s beautiful sky line from every table in the restaurant!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fahrenheit - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Fahrenheit reviews from OpenTable diners
411 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (358)special occasion (254)hot spot (226)vibrant bar scene (206)romantic (191)fit for foodies (157)good for groups (115)great for outdoor dining (106)late-night find (98)notable wine list (90)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Often times a place with a killer view often suffers with bad service and food-not the case here...been here several times and I always bring my utta town guests in for cocktails and dinner. The view as the sunsets and the colors surrounding tthe cityscape is awesome. Food is always top notch and the Ccharlotte nachos are to die for and worth every calorie. Finger food at its best and makes for a fun date or a way to settle your bosses into submission. Edward was a our server and was spot on the entire visit! He made our dinner fun and thats important to me.....can't wait to go back...and the prices are in line and, to me, reasonable! Valet was only $7!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Of CharlotteDwaynePDined on 10/17/2014Very well thought out space. Wonderful atmosphere with a great view of Charlotte skyline. Interesting menu selection. Nice spot for special occasions or grabbing a drink or two after work. Bring your camera!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/16/2014The duck confit pasta was great. Our waiter, Casey, did an excellent job of explaining the menu, checking in to make sure that our meal was going well, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and viewsPatrickDined on 10/15/2014We visited for our anniversary based on a friend's recommendation. Though we had a 7:30 PM reservation had to wait 10 minutes more - Not a big deal, though the hostess acted like she was going out of her way to talk to us. Not at all welcoming and we were right on time. Our waiter was fantastic and had excellent suggestions. The wine list is very good. Food was over the top fantastic! The only real negative, and probably because we are a bit older than the demographic here, was that it was way too loud. We could not carry on a conversation at the table. If you are looking for energy though this place checks all of the boxes. And the view if the city skyline was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better view than foodTimBDined on 10/14/2014View is amazing. The food was very very average. and just not value for money. Go for a cocktail and enjoy the viewSpecial Features:
- 25th AnniversaryHutchDined on 10/14/2014We went to Farenheit for our 25th anniversary. Upon arriving, we noticed it was very loud, but in a very energetic way. Celebrating, we embraced the energy and the staff held our table to enjoy a cocktail and enjoy the bar. Our table was not far from the kitchens and close enough to the window to see the view. Our server, Zack was spot on. He didn't hover, but did notice when we need something. We had a Tuna App and Tomato Bisque. The Tuna was good, but could have used less chutney/relish to get more of the Tuna taste. The bisque was very good. We had Kobi Short Ribs and Duck Confit Pasta. Bothe were prepared well. The Pot De Creme was great. Definitely will go again.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I have been here before to drink but This was my first time actually dinning. The staff was very attentive and very nice. The view was beautiful and the food was good. I love how the beers and wines are from the community. I will def be eating here again in the future. The ambiance is very nice but not too much. It was simply perfect for celebrating a birthday. They brought out a nice dessert after our meal which was just another great added touch.Special Features:
- Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Fahrenheit has an awesome bar scene and beautiful skyline views. Come here on a nice day for an outside rooftop view of the Queen City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceTtas1214Dined on 10/12/2014The food, view, service all wonderful. They went above and beyond to help us celebrate with my nephew and his new bride on their way to their honeymoon. We can't thank them enough for their special consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A KeeperLivingTheDream14Dined on 10/11/2014can not miss taking in the Fahrenheit experience. The staff was everywhere though not a burden ,service was spot on and the food hit the mark!Special Features:
- Diverse menu - incredible flavors!PROSTDined on 10/8/2014Great pizza, short-rib was amazing (best in the city?), Pork tenderloin was tender and full of flavor; Pork-belly steamed buns and the lobster rolls (not quite New England) were amazing. The view of the city from the bar on a cool, breezy night is unmatched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a disappointmentFrequentDinerDined on 10/8/2014Several service snafus: Drink order taken with dinner order, drinks arrived after salad served, entree arrived while still eating salad, entree lukewarm. Waiter basically disappeared after food was served. Lobster mac and cheese was very good; scallops very salty. With entrees in the $30 - $40 range, I expected more. In addition, it's frustrating to have to pay $7 for valet parking, considering the price of the food.
- Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!LuLuDined on 10/6/2014This is the second time I have been to the restaurant and will definitely go back. It is such a pleasant experience from the time you walk in the door to the time you leave. The service has been great both times, but the food is exceptional! You can't beat the view. We just had the best time and I am craving the Salmon and short rib buns!!!Special Features:
- Amazing food and atmosphereRyan0530Dined on 10/5/2014I happen to be in town on business and always enjoyed the Tremont location in Cleveland, Ohio. I enjoy the food always back home. Heard about new location last year and since I was in town on business, why not. Top of Hyatt place overseeing downtown. Outside patio was amazing. Took two of my co workers there who never been. They were amazed. The appetizers were amazing. The bacon dates r amazing as well the charlotte nachos and spring rolls. Dive into dinner my co workers enjoyed then pork tenderloin special and the pep flat bread. I when to my go to which should be everybody's the short rib meal. Amazing and yummy. Thank u Rocco. Charlotte enjoy this place and must go! Ryan KSpecial Features:
- All was good, nothing was great.1honestDinerDined on 10/5/2014Good tasting food. Fair service. Had to ask for iced tea glasses to be refreshed. Burgers are served on an un toasted english muffin that was gummy and lacked flavor. The fries however were very good, pork tenderloin was tender and flavorful but served with overly sweet mashed sweet potatoes and maple syrup. The tuna flavor was delicious and spicy, but the tuna didnt seem to be of the highest grade. The pizza base was well cooked and had good taste, but the shrimp topping had a strong oder of fish, was over cooked and had a strong taste of iodine. A well drink was 12 bucks and wines were way overpriced. Even in NYC i can get an extensive wine list at Becco where all wines are priced at $25.00 per bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEDanaDined on 10/4/2014Had heard this was the new hot spot. The food, the views, the service and the fun vibe lived up to expectations!Special Features:
- great view, nice barfoodieDined on 10/3/2014Bar was great. Scenery good. Food good, but not great. Noisy place, not suited for first datesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014After hearing all the hype , I was very dissapointed with Farenheit. The food was inconsistently seasoned, some over salted, other under salted and bland. The fish, badly over cooked. In all for the price is not worth it. I think there needs to be a better quality control of the food. I was impressed by the army of people in the kitchen, then badly dissapointed with the flavor of the food. I will explore new restaurants with talented chefs before considering coming backSpecial Features:
- Best view but food just okBBLEXDined on 10/2/2014I think Fahrenheit should be more of a bar food/drink spot rather than a full scale restuarant... I had the king crab ramen and it was just ok for $40... I wasn't blown away... I am a foodie so I was not swept away by the food. The drinks are way too pricey... But the view is what you are paying for....Special Features:
- Don't waste your time or moneyjimfoodVIPDined on 10/2/2014I rarely take the time to provide feedback unless the experience is exceptional in some way. I found the food exceptionally bad. When the mean is over 90 percent fat it no longer matters hoe good the sauce is which covers it. Given the pricing and expectations set with the "famous" chef, one would expect quality products. Take the view out of play and this place would be on par with a food truck with a D sanitation grade. Don't buy into the hype pick any of the vast number of amazing quality restaurants in Charlotte this one is on the avoid list.
- Amazing ViewfrncelyDined on 10/1/2014My friend and I went for a girls night and had a great time. When we got there we had to wait for a little bit, but we enjoyed the view. Our original table was a little loud, we asked to be moved and the staff was so accommodating and nice. Every time I have gone I have had an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Good but too loud and overbookedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/1/2014The owner should decide whether this is a club or a restaurant, because the bar - which is beautiful, slings a great cocktail, and has a fantastic view - is pummeled by loud music, forcing everyone to shout. I could hardly hear the bartender, who seemed (probably to preserve her voice) to purposefully speak in a quiet tone. We had a reservation for 8:00, but they did not seat us until 8:40 - this was quite irritating. They kept apologizing and saying that they had large parties. I thought, well, if you want to be a place that caters to loud business parties, you can hardly promote yourself as a high quality restaurant. All in all, despite the excellent food and the beautiful setting, I will not go back.
- Great View but that is it.HandMVIPDined on 10/1/2014We went here for my husband's 40th. The view is amazing and we had a drink outside which was nice. Then we went to the table. My husband ordered a beer. They were out of the first beer he wanted. The second beer was having problems with the tap. Took over 35 minutes for him to get his drink! I had the seared tuna for $40. It was entirely overcooked and flavorless. Husbands meal was ok, but he felt not work the $38. We would maybe go back just for drinks and the view before going elsewhere to eat. The restaurant was so loud it was hard to hear each other. Poor service and food all around.Special Features:
- Great viewsGoodfoodDined on 9/30/2014Our dinning experience was great: service was excellent and food was very good. All topped with the great views of uptown Charlotte. The noise level could be overwhelming and we were not impressed with the desert. We had rice pudding which was just ok. Outdoor dining is limited space but if you get - it is great. Same as bar area. Great place to hangout with your friends or loved ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceluv2dineDined on 9/29/2014Fahrenheit made my night! The overall experience was great! I would recommend this recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Charlotte StarTonyDined on 9/29/2014Fahrenheit is the perfect example of the bold, vibrasnt, new Charlotte scene. Truly delicious food without the formality of fine dining. High quality service, wonderful ambiance, and a stellar view. If you're going to spend $50+ a seat on dinner, this should be top of your list.Special Features:
- A gem in CharlotteGFT216Dined on 9/27/2014Fahrenheit is by far one of my favorite restaurants. So happy for Rocco & his team expanding to Charlotte. Service has always been top notch. And the food is always incredible. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FahrenheithoneyDined on 9/27/2014We choose Fahrenheit to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. There were 6 of us, including married grandkids and their spouses. It was a fabulous evening and Rocco stopping by the table to wish my mom a Happy Birthday was just the best. Wes, our waiter, was so knowledgeable and helpful as we questioned him about various dishes. All in all a great evening and we are already planning a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dunmanDined on 9/27/2014Pretty nice experience. Food was good. Scenic view from our table was extremely nice. Service was good. Ambiance was quite nice. The noise level was much too high. It was difficult to even hear descriptions of the menu by waiters who were very close to the table. Even conversation with my dinner guest was challenging. Overall, a very nice experience. Would recommend to anyone who wants a unique dining experience.Special Features:
- Neat view, good for a drinkJwhgraniteDined on 9/25/2014We had dinner this week and found the food to be good, the service to be very good, but the noise level to be uncomfortably loud. I would recommend it for a drink, but cannot recommend it for dinner.Special Features:
- Great EatsKdanDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant is great for couples, because of the views the ambiance and everything that's offered. This type spot was long over due.Special Features:
- Unique food and great viewCheckPleaseDined on 9/23/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience at Fahrenheit. The cocktails were good, the appetizers were amazing. Both of our entrees went exceptionally well with our wines. Our waiter, Chris, was fantastic and made our evening special. Finally, the amazing view from the rooftop patio gave us great photos to remember the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch food and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Food was some of the best I have ever had. I got the Braised Short Ribs and my date got the Filet. Both were cooked to perfection. Our server Mark helped with the choices as everything on the menu sounded delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday BummerDiningDownerDined on 9/20/2014I think they had a bad night. Restrooms did not work, had to go to 10th floor to freshen up for dinner. It was my bday and I was gonna be celebrating there so of course I was gonna be drinking, so to go from the 21st floor down to the 10th to use the restroom was unheard of. So we left. First impressions are everything, don't think I'll be going back.Special Features:
- FranceDined on 9/20/2014Very excited to go...some bumps along the way but all addressed incredibly promptly by staff. We had a severely broken glass on table, a very dirty knife set on the table (turned off my husband!) and our food entrees came out right in the middle of appys - very mis-timmed in the kitchen!!! But the lovely mature waitress and manager (both bright acute thinking women) were stellar in apologies and making good. Loved the short rib and dates appy...and view! Would try again - fun new place to try for all.Special Features:
- Amazing food and viewzzhumphreytDined on 9/19/2014The view of the city while dining is fantastic. The place is very energetic with a bar smack dab in the middle of the restaurant. Other reviews about the noise level are spot-on. I was able to hear my date but I really had to pay attention and talk a bit louder. Our server was a joy to conversate and joke with. The best part though was the food! Oh my God was it good. I had a special 18-ounce steak and my date had the Maine lobster mac and cheese. I tried hers and loved it and my steak was moist and seasoned very well. I swear I took the first bite out of it and almost passed out in enjoyment it was so good. Highly recommend this place, looking forward to trying everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/20142nd visit - very dissappiointing to say the least. Reserved table for six was located near the kitchen service door with little to no view of the skyline. Service was fair but food was mediocre to poor. Fish entrees were cold and dry. So loud you couldn't hear yourself talk. Won't return soon, if at all.Special Features:
- Amazing scenery, but....WhatsittooyaDined on 9/19/2014Breathtaking views of the Charlotte area along with incredible service make for a great night. The food is outstanding, but the portion size is the biggest downer and totally ruins the night, unless you fill up on Cristal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant fantastic viewGr8spotDined on 9/18/2014Great ambiance with a gorgeous view of Charlotte's skyline. The food was delicious however the menu is a la cart so it is a must you order your sides when you order an entree. The menu for sides is limited. The restaurant had it's own herb garden on the roof top terrace and there's plenty of space and seating on the terrace along with a sexy gas fire pit. Ambiance is a 10! You can go there for drinks & appetizers or a gormet pizza too. Overall a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Great restaurant and excellent food. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features: