222 South Caldwell St.
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefroccowhalen.com/
- Phone: 9802376718x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 4:00PM - 2:30AM
Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
*Brunch, Room Service and Lunch coming soon!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Rocco Whalen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fahrenheit is truly a one stop shop for all of your dining needs. No matter how small or large your get together may be, let Fahrenheit worry about the details! We customize menus and tailor experiences to the needs of each and every one of our patrons!
A word from Fahrenheit
Located in Charlotte"s Uptown, Fahrenheit has already become a player in the up and coming Charlotte food scene! Rising Star Chef, Rocco Whalen, a Wolfgang Puck protégé, will blow you away with his approachable and cutting edge cooking style. Taste Rocco's contemporary cuisine with its Mediterranean & Asian accents & you'll know why Esquire declared him a "Chef to Keep Your Eye On". Fahrenheit is equipped with a full service bar complete with a la carte dining, private dining rooms available for large parties and the most breathtaking view of Charlotte’s beautiful sky line from every table in the restaurant!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fahrenheit - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Fahrenheit reviews from OpenTable diners
432 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (378)special occasion (272)hot spot (232)vibrant bar scene (219)romantic (202)fit for foodies (170)good for groups (116)late-night find (108)great for outdoor dining (95)notable wine list (94)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/20142nd visit - very dissappiointing to say the least. Reserved table for six was located near the kitchen service door with little to no view of the skyline. Service was fair but food was mediocre to poor. Fish entrees were cold and dry. So loud you couldn't hear yourself talk. Won't return soon, if at all.Special Features:
- Amazing scenery, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Breathtaking views of the Charlotte area along with incredible service make for a great night. The food is outstanding, but the portion size is the biggest downer and totally ruins the night, unless you fill up on Cristal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant fantastic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Great ambiance with a gorgeous view of Charlotte's skyline. The food was delicious however the menu is a la cart so it is a must you order your sides when you order an entree. The menu for sides is limited. The restaurant had it's own herb garden on the roof top terrace and there's plenty of space and seating on the terrace along with a sexy gas fire pit. Ambiance is a 10! You can go there for drinks & appetizers or a gormet pizza too. Overall a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Great restaurant and excellent food. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Girls night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014The view was amazing at sunset! The patio is small and some space seemed underutilized, maybe a few more tall bar tables to stand, check out the view, have a drink while you wait for your table. lobster mac and cheese was actually worth the price. The burger was buttery and delicious The chorizo stuffed dates were also a surprising fan favorite! If the windows in the dining room rolled back to let the fresh air in, the view from your seats would be much more inviting! We had a great time!Special Features:
- my dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014The food and service were great. Albeit it was much too loud and there was no way a business communication could take place.Special Features:
- paying for the ViewTrendyVIPDined on 9/13/2014great restaurant, trendy for Charlotte, has a bit of NYC feeling. Great food and fantastic service. it gets pretty busy, so even though i had a reservation we had to wait 45 min to be seat it.Special Features:
- Schott430Dined on 9/13/2014Although a "Hot Spot" and has had allot of buzz, it did not live up to all of the hype and certainly not to our expectations. Nice place with great views & ambiance but if you are going there for good food save your money. My halibut was extremely under seasoned, it came with overly roasted potatoes that I could've done at home (and not overcooked / burnt). My husband ordered the Lamb Loin which was cooked well but they killed the dish by serving it with french fries (yes, fries that you would get at McDonalds's) and literally placing drenched Greek salad on top of the meat. For desert I ordered the coconut & pistachio rice pudding which I left as it tasted like white rice from a Chinese takeout. Beyond disappointing!Special Features:
- Fahrenheit is a must!kathieeverafterDined on 9/13/2014Fahrenheit is a must if you're in Charlotte! The views are breathtaking, the service is excellent, and the food is wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Great views and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014There were some reviews of it being noisy but I took my wife for our anniversary and we had a great time. The food is a little pricey but the food is also very good so that is what you expect from a nice restaurant. The outdoor views of Charlotte were amazing. The service was good. After dinner we hung out at the bar for a few drinks and it was a good place to people watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with fantastic viewJcckDined on 9/12/2014The food was great! The place was loud. Even though I had reservations I had to wait another 30 minutes. When we were sat down we had to wait another 15 minutes for our server and 10 minutes for our wine. The server was very knowledgable and after all It was worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time!Brannew85Dined on 9/12/2014The view, the food, the wine selection, all great!! Fahrenheit sets a great standard for Charlotte and has a great vibe! You know it is an awesome spot when you get to dine right next to NFL players! Great time, great eats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Awesome food, view and bar scene. Fun place to hang out and grab a drink and then enjoy a fabulous, eclectic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant to my family and friends. The food was delicious, their customer service was outstanding, and the atmosphere was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girls Night OuttfossumDined on 9/11/2014Restaurant is a fun and vibrant place with a chef driven menu that will delight your taste buds. It is vibrant so not a place to have a quiet romantic dinner but a fun and upbeat experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014We arrived at F with onslaught of rain, forcing us into bar instead of preferred outside patio overlooking the city. But bar service was warm & friendly & we enjoyed ourselves there. We were escorted to our table promptly at reservation time, by hostess who even remembered our name from arrival, to a corner booth with view of city. Our waiter Edward was friendly & helpful without hovering or being annoying~making many knowledgable suggestions & answering questions. We will def ask for him by name next time we visit! All 6 meals were noteworthy & plentiful~it was a challenge to decide which one to order! After dessert we found the skies had cleared & were able to enjoy the outside patio, firepits & gorgeous view of the Charlotte skyline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fahrenheit - CharlotteMoveableFeastDined on 9/11/2014I thought the food was excellent. Appetizers, I had the crab cakes with Apple butter and crispy sage, it was a perfect combination of savory and sweet. Another guest was very pleased with the bacon wrapped dates. The fried goat cheese salad was very good, I changed the dressing to a lemon vinaigrette, although, those that got the pig vinaigrette (reduction of salumi with vinegar base) thought it added great flavor. Main courses were the pan fried grouper and the coffee & mustard rubbed pork tenderloin, both very good. Overall ambiance was very loud, the best is the exciting bar area that opens to the roof. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fahrenheit is best in CharlotteHeatherDined on 9/9/2014The food and service is great and the view is unparalleled! It's a must go in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisesilversirenDined on 9/9/2014I could not rate the noise level because too loud was not a choice. We went on a Tuesday evening and it was not crowded, but the noise level was still so high it was hard to hear our own table. We left with strained voices. This is not the only place that has this problem and I'm not sure why a high noise level has become so popular. Maybe it signals high energy? That is our only complaint. The food is excellent, service is excellent. the manager Lynn leaves a lot to be desired. Someone more friendly would be suggested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very trendyLovestoeatoutVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food was great and although we had to wait for our table the view from the patio was spectacular! So the wait seemed better than it otherwise would have been. We celebrated a birthday and the chocolate lava cake was rich and delicious. All members of our table enjoyed the meal and the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Prices too high for what it is. Amazing view... I'll be back for drinks! Not food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view- Rest. OpportunitiesDJONESVIPDined on 9/6/2014First, if anything go for the view at least once. The view is absolutely fabulous for a roof top scene in Charlotte. The food was above average being the pork with sweet potatoes and my partner ordered the Salmon. Areas of opportunity for Chef Rocco are the amount of noise in the restaurant makes it very difficult for having a conversation, this is a big opportunity. If I went back again I would choose just eating at the bar or outside. Waitress was good but had opportunities with recognizing when the drinks were empty. She would bring something to the table but fail to ask about drinks. Cocktails $13 just crazy, 2 @ $26 certainly encouraged me to stop drinking, something I never even think about anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was nasty, menu suckedDemarkDined on 9/6/2014I will never come again or recommend this spot to any of my friends. Food menu needs to be longerSpecial Features:
- DisappointedDined on 9/5/2014The location, our table at a window and our waitress were outstanding The fact that you only offered JW Black, Blue and single malt whiskies was a turn off. What audience do you cater to? The menu was very limited. The oysters were excellent, as was the filet mignon, but the vegetables with it were uncooked and very ordinary. The rolls offered were 3day old Peeperidge Farm rolls, warmed up repeatedly, quite poor The dessert selection way overpriced and poor. We enjoyed the Cline wine, very good, but your general wine list was apparently meant for young Wall Streeters pretending to be sophisticated but ingnorant.Special Features:
- Not A Good EveningEddoDined on 9/3/2014First, but no fault of Fahrenheit, the weather was terrible - no terrace, no view, etc. That takes away most of the reason to go there because it is noisy, poor service and a difficult menu with not the best tasting food. We would probably only go there for a drinks at the bar in the future.Special Features:
- Not bad...needs some improvementsBajangalDined on 8/31/2014Nice ambiance and view. I ordered the special Halibut over vermicelli and hubby ordered the coffee rubbed pork. My fish was over done and cold while the pork was undercooked. I wasnt impressed with the menu but the service was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This place was recommended for an anniversary dinner. I do NOT know why!! It was EXTREMELY LOUD and definitely did not have a romantic feel. The food was great and it appears to be a nice spot to go out with a group of friends and have some cocktails. Nice view and I loved the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spot!kegoVIPDined on 8/30/2014Fahrenheit is the new hot spot in Charlotte! My husband and I went there for dinner (and for the view of uptown Charlotte!) and were not disappointed by the food, the view, or the service. The bar and patio were full of young urbanites and it looked like a great place to meet new people. My lamb was to-die-for and my husband loved his seared tuna. I would've liked a more extensive wine-by-the-glass list and the noise level was very high, so much so that talking across the table was difficult. But all in all, a fantastic night and I would definitely go there again!Special Features:
- Jaycob79Dined on 8/29/2014Amazingly good food! Just wish the desert menu had more choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingnluvwithfoodDined on 8/29/2014Everything was perfect except for the waiters having to read the food specials off of a little note pad they carry around so that takes their eyes off of the customer and our particular waiter was reading constantly. Not sure how others waiters or waitresses do it but most at restaurants of this $$$ have the specials and food memorized. This is always a better more engaging way to have entree specials presented to you. If it changes so often that the wait staff cannot memorize it I suggest putting specials on the menu rather than have them read it off of a scrap pad they have in their pocket. The food was wonderful - the view is outstanding especially at dusk. The ambiance was out of this world.Special Features:
- Great food but noisytheclutchDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I visited Charlotte from Boston and asked around for a good place to eat. This was it. It wasn't too expensive (by Boston standards) and the food was excellent. The view and service was great as well. The only real negative comment we would have would be the noise level. Also, there maybe a little too many tables that it feels tight. Other than that, this was the best food we had while visiting. I had the braised Kobe short rib. My wife had the seared diver scallops. Both were excellent and exceeded our expectations. While we are not "food snobs", we do classify ourselves as foodies and are finicky about the foods we pay for. Since we have toddlers, we make it a point to enjoy our "date meals" and avoid any disappointments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!Foodie22Dined on 8/27/2014I dined here with a small group of girlfriends; the atmosphere was lively and the view is spectacular. The chef was incredibly accommodating and offered us some special features. All of our food was cooked perfectly and our waiter was attentive and knowledgable. I highly recommend going for a meal or at the very least, a city view drink at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular new favoritelangberrydiningDined on 8/27/2014A new friend of mine is an old friend of the chef but I trusted her recommendation anyway! I was not disappointed! The food was amazing, the view, off the charts and the service, second to none. The only downside was the noise. With a vibrant bar scene for the after work crowd the whole place was a bit too loud to enjoy a dinner conversation. Overall it was well worth the inconvenience, we will return; but a little sound-proofing would be appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViewkarannDined on 8/26/2014View is fantastic, food was good but not amazing (for price it should be amazing). View from the dining room was just ok, glare from the lighting inside made it hard to see. Best view is from the bar and outdoor areas. Would be better for just a quick drink spot to enjoy the bar area then head somewhere else for dinner.Special Features:
- Great View... Terrible FoodFoodie0927Dined on 8/25/2014I took my girlfriend here on her birthday. This place has a great view and nice ambiance. Unfortunately the food was terrible. I ordered the filet... I asked for medium and it was more well done. The mashed potatoes were paste-y and the food was over seasoned and oily. Overall I wouldn't recommend this restaurant. The sub par food didn't warrant the expensive cost. Although, our drinks were decent and the view was spectacular. I only ate half of my food... Which was $40 and I was given the wrong to go container with someone else's food = more $ wasted.Special Features:
- Charlotte GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Could not believe we were actually in Charlotte NC. Incredible food with outrageous flavors. The view is outstanding. Thank you Cleveland for letting Chef Rocco share with Charlotte.Special Features:
- Another great dinner!NCBoricuaDined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed yet another fabulous dinner at Fahrenheit! Food always cooked perfectly and service is always impeccable. So glad to have this gem in Charlotte. Even saw Chef Rocco...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Everything was excellent except for tuna entree which could must have been prepared for lunch salad.Special Features:
- Fahrenheit first timeBobKDined on 8/24/2014On an early Sunday evening, this was a fine dining experience. Because of a friend's comments about the noise & crowded atmosphere he had experienced on a Saturday night, I was concerned about this for our anniversary celebration. There was no need for the concern. Everything about our meal was "top drawer'. Service was nicely attentive; food was outstanding (we each chose from the evening's specials and they were both very special - lobster and eye of ribeye). Overall, the menu has a very attractive mix of entrees and appetizers that will draw us back. We were there so early that we didn't get the full impact of the fire pits, but they are beautiful and unusual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting; needs a little workMsmirrorDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant arguably has the best views Charlotte. It is, however, is not quite enough to compensate for lack of decor, lighting and sparkle that needs to be addressed in this restaurant. Linen tablecloths could be an easy start. Lighting is dead cold. There is actually no decor to speak of. The menu is wonderful and one visit does not a true food review make. I had cauliflower appetizer. Great flavor, a little underdone. Halibut was tough. Ouch. Maybe i will ask friends in the coming months how their visits are and then return. Or just come for a drink and enjoy that view. Service was great-- always appreciated!Special Features: