Fahrenheit Restaurant & Lounge
99 East San Fernando Street
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Fahrenheit Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fahrenheitsj.com/
- Phone: (408) 998-9998
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
HAPPY HOUR: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Best Happy Hour in SJ: 1/2 off beer menu, Craft Cocktail Menu, and Small Plates in Bar & Lounge areas)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Danny Chu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our Director of Catering/Private Events Eric Haraga at 408.274.9998 or email@example.com.
- Entertainment: Fahrenheit Restaurant & Lounge features:
Happy Hour - 5:00pm - 7:00pm
DJ's/Dancing: Every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:30pm - close
- Special Events: Please contact our Director of Catering/Private Events Eric Haraga at 408.274.9998 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cross Street: Third Street
- Public Transit: Paseo De San Antonio
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are lots at Third/San Fernando and Forth/San Fernando and parking on side streets. We also validate for City of San Jose parking lots: http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/parkmap.htm?images/maplayers/validated.gif
A word from Fahrenheit Restaurant & Lounge
Fahrenheit is the South Bay’s premiere venue for dining, entertainment and special events. With innovative design concepts by award winning designer Jones Baker. Fahrenheit Restaurant & Lounge, located in the heart of downtown San Jose, celebrates Contemporary California Cuisine. With the use of organic and sustainable ingredients, our "farm to table" approach uses nothing but the best produce, poultry, fish, and meat available from local farmers, ranchers, and fishermen. These ingredients provide the inspiration behind our ever-evolving menu. Wild Herb Crusted Sea Bass, Creekstone Hanger Steak, Ahi Tuna Tartare Tostada, and Asian Pear & Green Apple Salad are just some of the samples on the seasonal menu. The beverage program adopts the same philosophy, featuring boutique wines and beer from local vineyards and breweries, and delicious craft cocktails created by our master mixologists. We invite you to experience the best of California!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Fahrenheit Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Fahrenheit Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (13)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)romantic (6)special occasion (6)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- creative menu!love2eatVIPDined on 11/21/2014The service is wonderful! Bar/Lounge was vibrant, but dining room was very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a tryDavidVIPDined on 11/17/2014Went on a Monday night, which isn't a busy night. Food was good, service was wonderful. On a busier night there would have been more energy in the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltyDsnakeDined on 11/1/2014If you are low on iodine for the year, this is the place that will fix that. Food was very salty, New York steak was undercooked at med rare, wife's chicken was undercooked slightly. No steak knife for the steak, used butter knife only pronounced that the steak had gristle in it that was tasty but salty and tough. Reading the reviews after I realize they are trying to be the bar scene after hours, we were there at 5:00 and it was quiet.
- FlavorfulDined on 10/4/2014The dinner and service was excellent. It was quiet, no screaming kids. It was worth every dollarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh foodnomnomnomVIPDined on 9/20/2014I particularly like the farm to table approach. Fresh and delicious vegetables. Calimari was local and fresh - but a little overcooked, and portion small. We went very early (5:45p) and the place was quiet. Excellent service (but there weren't many people there). Value was not remarkable, entree portions adequate, but not excessive. We used a Passport discount dining card. They validate parking for the nearby garage.
- Great Food for priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014We decided on this restuarant because we had a concert at the SAP center. We informed our waitress, Brit, that we were running late and needed to eat and get out. Brit did a great job of getting our appetizer, drinks and food all in record time!!! She was very friendly and helpful in recommending items. Not only was the service outstanding, but the meal was great! I ordered the brussel sprout salad and sea bass. The sea bass was perfectly cooked, not over done. My husband and his friend ordered the NY Steak, they both raved about the seasoning. My mother-in-law ordered the pasta with chicken and our friends's wife ordered the grilled chicken. We will certainly come back to eat and perhaps enjoy the music afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, could be betterAnneBDined on 9/12/2014Snagged a 1,000-point table so the dining room was empty (this is a good thing as we didn't want to be late to the show we were attending later). We were initially taken to a table right next to the bar. Every other table (literally) was empty, so why seat a party of 3 that consists of two adults and a pre-teen, right next to the bar? We asked for a booth and were taken to one that was set. The tablecloth had crumbs from previous diners and the wine glasses were dusty. On a positive note, our server was marvelous: friendly, helpful, and patient (we DID have an 11-year-old experiencing her first "fancy" restaurant prior to her first broadway show--very exciting!). Food was delicious. Recommend the small plates too. Overall, a good evening.Special Features:
- Best in San JoseNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 9/11/2014Can't go wrong. Try the Brussels sprouts salad -- delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, fantastic wine list!NotEasilyPleasedVIPDined on 9/2/2014Wow, way better food than I was expecting. Night club looking cover hides a really great restaurant. Glad we took the chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice changeMamaJDined on 8/30/2014Great food. Relaxing time. Bar service should have been quicker. I would go again. We did not stick around for the nightclub scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 8/27/2014This appears to be an active night club later in evening, but, wow, the food is superb. They must have a talented chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farenheit LoungeTheHeartbreakersDined on 8/16/2014We were welcomed immediatelty - Danny was kind enough to introduce us to the Imrov contact - we did not have to wait an hour in line for will call - we had front row seats! The food is delicious and looked very appealing - the drinks were very good as well! Thank you for making our group evening out so much fun last Saturday 08/16/14! Jeanine and BrendaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early dinnergorgeVIPDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed several small plate selections instead of a full blown dinner. Fish tacos were especially good. Pork was very small and ok. Calamari is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was GoodHomerclauseVIPDined on 8/1/2014Little too hot when we arrived. Would have wished for more air conditioning. Beyond that food was very impressive all the way around. Music was more towards beatnik in beat but definitely good groove. Wine service is not the best but would still recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 433 reviews are from the Fahrenheit Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Hidden gemMikedannerVIPDined on 7/22/2014Food is great and all natural! Service is great! Ambiance is great! I think many think it is a night club, as it deceptive from the outside.Special Features:
- Nothing was rightIggy95Dined on 7/19/2014If you want a noisy crowded place with incompetent management and service this is the place to go. I took a group of 5 friends to dinner at 7:30 on Saturday night. We were seated at a low table in the bar area. I asked for a dinner table and after a discussion, we were finally moved to a dinner table. They have a limited menu and were out of sea bass and pork chops. 0ur salads came without the pecans and our main course took an extra long time. The steaks were over cooked and came with a tiny potato and three pieces of vegetable. They were out of the dessert I wanted. The restaurant was extremely noisy with the party of 70, a baby shower and a bachelorette party. The icing on the cake, no paper towels in the restroom. Seriously???Special Features:
- Go for the small plateslarsDined on 7/14/2014We tried several small plates to share. All good to great. Entrees were big. Good wines by glass. Stand-outs: strawberry salad, deviled eggs, pork chops. Next time we'll go for more small plates.Special Features:
- Late DinnerMrSDDined on 6/26/2014Didn't know that at 8:45 Fahrenheit converts to a nightclub - during dinner service. We hadn't finished our appetizer when some guys showed up and started sound checking (hip hop we think). Seating is not separated effectively from diners. We ordered the bruschetta as an appetizer, and the bread was way crispy - the topping muddled. Many reviewers recommended the braised short ribs. OK, they were nice, very tender, but a lot of salt and no opportunity for some spice (there wasn't a sriracha bottle to be found!). I had a red wine, my friend got a draft, and the bill was more than a Benjamin. There are many other fine dining experiences around San Jose at this price.
- Great Saturday Happy HourSaturdayHappyHoursVIPDined on 5/31/2014Not many places offer ANY happy hour specials - let alone so many GREAT specials. Treat yourself !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!NotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great food and service. It's a lounge in the later evening but they so not cheat on serving top quality food. The chef knows what he/she is doing with flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place - will def returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014Great drinks, amazing food! The bruschetta was unbelievable, and my risotto was cooked to perfection and so flavorful. The gnocchi small plate was disappointing only because we got it after the bruschetta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative YumminessDianeDined on 5/2/2014All the food is creative, beautifully presented, and best of all - it is truly yummy. The hot food is actually served hot and the cold food is served cold. I find that to be very rare. as part of the excellent service, they are willing to add or substract from dishes due to diet or alergy issues. I really enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- A little too "clubby" for meOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014This place is more of a late night club than a restaurant. We went on a Monday night at 6:30pm and were the only people in the restaurant. Food and service were good but if you're looking for a little more ambiance, I would try another place.Special Features:
- Johnnie Fahrenheit VisitRestaurantsDined on 4/18/2014I took my fiancée to Fahrenheit on 04-18-2014 for his birthday and the food was excellent. I had the prawns with noodle and my fiancée had the short ribs. This was my first time visiting this restaurant so I am into seafood and my fiancée was into steaks . So this place has a very poor selection of seafood and the portion of steak for one person was just too much. But then we got this waiter who's name was Gary. We was so impress with his knowledge of the foods on the menu and how it were prepared, that we decided to stay and rely on his food choices.By his suggestion we made a wise choice. Gary the service was great and I am so sorry to hear that you are leaving. Thank you for a lovely meal and a great evening at Fahrenheit. Good luckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table turningLivtVIPDined on 4/11/2014We booked a table for 9pm and the place was dead empty. However we were sort of rushed to leave the table around 10 as the place turns into a club. Food was ok and the server was nice but really disappointed with the whole experience. It's a very nice bar / club, but wouldn't recommend it for dinner unless you turn up at 7 or so...
- AjbmountainviewVIPDined on 4/10/2014First off, the food was fantastic. We had the burrata for an app, the pea risotto with prawns and the short ribs for entrees, and a couple of the craft beers. The actual server was great, funny, and knowledgeable. The hostess left something to be desired. We had a reservation, and I arrived on time. They said there would be a 10 minute or so wait which was fine as a table was staying later than they had anticipated. We sat at the bar and the hostess forgot about us. ~45 mins later the restaurant was nearly empty and we were still at the bar. (we were enjoying our craft beer sampler...side note, the bartender was also good, attentive and knew about his beers...) We went up to the hostess and she had definitely forgotten about us.Special Features:
- Not that gooddisappointedDined on 4/4/2014We tried the hummus, coconut soup, and short ribs. Everything was mediocre tasting. The service wasn't great either. The waiter would disappear for long stretches of time. We won't be going back there.
- Birthdaycrazyag9Dined on 3/14/2014Celebrating my wifes birthday at Fahrenheit was perfect choice. We had excellent service from a pleasantly personanable wait staff. The food was amazingly delicious. It was our first experience with the establishment and will be a place we intend on revisiting for our future dinning. It couldn't have been any better for the special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice environment and staffMisterDDined on 3/1/2014All the staff was friendly. Owner/Chef Danny was our server. For dinner, we had the calamari appetizer and then the Duck Au Vin and Pan Seared Halibut. The calamari was super yummy. It was nicely breaded, not too oily, and came with a yummy sauce that was very flavorful. The duck and halibut had good flavor, but both were over-cooked. This made them dry. Overall, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff. That's important to note, because, after checking out their website, I was worried that the place was going to be a crazy, party atmosphere. That may still be the case when dancing starts after 10pm, but we didn't stay that late. BTW, they validate parking! Final thoughts: I wouldn't say no if asked to go back, but it's not a must return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is obviously,HarylVIPDined on 3/1/2014This restaurant is obviously, from its entrance, general setup and décor, a club that does better around midnight than at 8pm. That atmosphere detracts from the dining experience. I felt as though I was sitting in a temporary restaurant.Special Features:
- Happy Hour at Fahrenheit!EdatniteDined on 3/1/2014Chose this restaurant because of the good reviews we read and because it was close to our Hotel. Overall experience was very pleasant. Most of the staff was attentive and friendly. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helped with pairing our meals with beverages. A major plus. Will definitely recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not just a bar...SFKPVIPDined on 2/26/2014Very good restaurant by day, nightclub immediately after the dinner hour. We live in the neighborhood and highly recommend everything on the menu. We're 50 years old and love the food, just not the nightclub that it transforms into after 10:00. There's nothing wrong with it being a nightclub, just not our taste. The food is though! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceShamhowDined on 2/22/2014I liked the choices on the menu. Although the portions of food were varied. My husband's short ribs was a big portion compared to my Duck Au Vin. The Brussels sprouts salad was very good and I would order it again. Would definitely try it again. Service was very good - friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Limited menu itemsGordonVIPDined on 2/21/2014There was not enough selection among items on the dinner menu. My date's halibut was underdone (pink), so she sent it back requesting that it be cooked until it was flaky. Nevertheless, it still came back underdone and pink inside. Apparently the chef demands you eat it the way he/she thinks you should enjoy it. The braised short ribs were good, however there was too much fat that had to be cut away before you could enjoy the beef.
- Exceeded All ExpectationsMichaelDined on 2/15/2014Tried Fahrenheit for 1st time...thought it was only a nightclub...glad the friendly owner/chef is focusing on the dinner side of the house! What an outstanding wonderful meal! Diverse & flavor packed menu with huge emphasis on locally sourced! Attentive & friendly service. Excellent bar with approachable wines. Will return for their 1/2 off wine nights on Wednesdays! (thanks for the head's up, server Chris!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Title says it all. Service in particular was amateur hour
- Valentines DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014bad experience, reservation was for 9:30 we didnt get seeted until 10:30. Didnt get food until 11:00. Overall very poor job with mamaging of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Overall we enjoyed our Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Overall we enjoyed our Valentine's dinner. However, we didn't recieve complimentary champagne until we inquired it as the restaurant advertised. Our waiter brought us our champagne when we got our desserts. Otherwise, food was delicious. Not too impressed with lobster bisque. It was very watery and tasted like old sea water. Would not recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible chefPhippsDined on 2/14/2014This place doesn't have a clue how cook. I ordered my meet medium and my girl friend ordered her meet medium well. They both came out rare. The water taste terrible, so we had to buy water. For desert we had the strawberries, which were very soggy. And the rest of the food tasted bad also, the flavors they mix together just aren't right. These chefs should not be chefs. It was a huge waste of $250.00.
- Valentine's Day BustJandJDined on 2/14/2014So I guess I should have known better than to think I would find a gem with only a few days before Valentine's day, but I thought for $70 per person fixed menu it would be great. We got in were sat at a folding table that had bare metal legs positioned near what looked like a VIP section. The lights were so bright over our table that I had to ask the staff to lower them cause it was hurting my eyes, let alone the fact that it was valentine's day. My drink their take on an old fashion was great, but my fiance ordered an apple bourbon drink and she said it was super weak, so she just went to wine. The food was OK, but it was not worth $70. Finally we had to wait over 20 min to get our bill. I ended up paying $250 and was underwhelmed.Special Features: