2417 Professor Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://fahrenheittremont.com/
- Phone: (216) 781-8858
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rocco Whalen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fahrenheit offers full service catering for up to 200 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Fahrenheit offers a private dining room accommodating up to 50 guests & is available for both lunch & dinner events/ Also available is a semi-private area for dinner accommodating up to 25 guests. Audio visual equipment services & valet services are available for your event upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Sonia Walters 2167818858x
A word from Fahrenheit
Located in Cleveland's funkiest neighborhood – Tremont, Fahrenheit's comfortably sexy environment has become the hangout for the dressed-in-black crowd, downtown suits & ties & anyone with a sense of adventure. But Gourmet didn't name Fahrenheit to its list of Great American neighborhood restaurants because it makes you feel so damn good being there. No, Rising Star Chef, Rocco Whalen, Wolfgang Puck protégé, will blow you away with his approachable, affordable & cutting edge Cooking style. Taste Rocco's contemporary cuisine with its Mediterranean & Asian accents & you'll know why Esquire declared him a "chef to keep your eye on". If you're alone, sit at the bar & order from Fahrenheit's martini & food menus. You're with pals? The dining room, with an elbows-on-the-table attitude, is perfect. If you're with a group, an open or closed private dining room space (your call) adjoining the dining room will fit the bill. Fahrenheit can match any mood you’re in.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Fahrenheit - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
Fahrenheit reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (100)special occasion (85)neighborhood gem (85)hot spot (63)romantic (50)good for groups (39)notable wine list (36)great for outdoor dining (28)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (12)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- One of the best restaurants in NE Ohio!xcqueen1Dined on 11/15/2014I came here this past Saturday with my boyfriend before a Cavaliers game. I had made the reservation for 6pm, but they were gracious enough to seat us about 30 minutes early as we had to leave by 6:45. From the start to the end of the meal, we were thoroughly impressed with everything - our waitress was great - gave us just enough time and suggestions and checked in on us just the right number of times. I'm not a big fan of waitstaff hovering over me as I take my first bite, but I don't like being ignored either. The waitstaff gave us just the right amount of attention that we wanted for an enjoyable dinner. The food was impeccable. The butternut squash soup and bacon wrapped dates we had to start were excellent. We had the 18 hour pork shank and the salmon and both were delicious. The salmon was a tiny bit overcooked for my liking (though I like it quite rare), but it was still quite good. The pork shank was amazing - fall off the bone, tender, tasty with great complementary flavors. We had a great bottle of red wine with our meal, which they offered to cork up for us if we didn't finish it (though we finished it anyways!). They had us in and out in the time we asked, and we never felt rushed. Really one of the best dining experiences I've had in Cleveland - keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisakDined on 11/12/2014It was our first time at Fahrenheit and it is now my favorite restaurant. Food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleveland Restaurant WeekFmayseDined on 11/10/2014We went for Cleveland restaurant week. The reason we came was that they had one of the most interesting CRW menus. Most places have a chicken dish or short ribs. The red snapper and pork tenderloin dishes that Fahrenheit served were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent short ribs and filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant before, but my daughter and her boyfriend had not . When we dine out , we expect our server to be knowledgable about the menu and one member of our party of our party was gluten free. Our server on this evening didn't seem quite as familiar with the menu or forthcoming with recommendations as in past dining experiences , but over all the food was and always is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodContentandFullDined on 11/7/2014This was our first time at this restuarant and the food was very good. I had the chorizo suffed dates wrapped in bacon, the 18 hr pork shank with marscapone polenta and broccolini, and the apple crostata with vanilla ice cream. I would recommend and would dine here again.Special Features:
- Great food as alwayslilhog72Dined on 11/6/2014Some of the best appetizers and one of the best filets I've had in a while. Portions are perfectly sized so you leave full, but not overstuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKMVandyDined on 11/6/2014We ate at Fahrenheit prior to our show at Playhousesquare. Amazing food. Great service. Conveniently located near PHS. All-around super place!Special Features:
- CraigislandguyDined on 11/5/2014Food was very good and both service and atmosphere were pleasant. Not sure anything in particular stood out in Clevelands' very competitive restaurant scene. Stopped in to try the Taste of Clevland menu and found they only served it from 5-7 pm on a Wednesday night......whatever.Special Features:
- Independent Restaurant WeekdencDined on 11/5/2014We chose this restaurant since we had never been here. The menu had wonderful choices. The food was tasty and good portions, enough to take home. Dessert was amazing. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014It would have been nice if we didn't have to yell to hear eachother...and we are young! The snapper was blah - I couldn't even finish it, which rarely happens for me. Our server was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceangelDined on 11/1/2014the food was fabulous but the service was not up to par. I asked for a great table and ended up with one that was not.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food-Marginal ServiceDisapointedDinerDined on 10/27/2014I have dined here several times and have never been disappointed until now. The food was wonderful, but the staff was less than exceptional. We waited 3 minutes at hostess station before someone, and many passed by, told us the hostess would be with us. The waitress was nice, but very distracted/too busy to give us much attention - basically took the drink/food/dessert orders and checked only once after food arrived. She never asked if we wanted a 2nd round of drinks and made a mistake on dessert order and was very reticent to take care of it so we ended up paying for an extra dessert we did not want. The food runner chastised me for being unclear about correcting his placement of the meals which was by far the most irritating partSpecial Features:
- Just OK this timeluv2dineVIPDined on 10/25/2014Service was disappointing. Nobody at the table could even hear our soft-spoken waiter, so we all missed the specials. Even when asked to repeat we still could not hear him. They were out of the wine they were promoting, which took some time to determine. When asked for a suggested replacement, he merely pointed to the wine list. Food was good and it was not too expensive, all things considered. It is SO noisy, though. It's impossible to hear your fellow guests when seated at the table or at the bar. They really need some more soft surfaces in there. I don't think I'm going back for some time. Other better places to try in CLE.
- good foodSherrieDined on 10/25/2014Our dining experience at Fahrenheit was quite good. Food & service good. The noise level was higher than we like but the ambiance was otherwise good. The server was accomodating with my dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsLaurencDined on 10/22/2014We had a friend in town who was visiting the Cleveland Clinic and we wanted to show her the highlights of Cleveland. In her thank you note to me she described her meal as luscious, she had the short ribs. Her daughter and I had the Grouper special. We had an enjoyable evening catching up and Fahrenheit fit the bill. Our server was outstanding. I would recommend Fahrenheit to anyone.Special Features:
- Best food in ClevelandlagriesDined on 10/21/2014Everytime I come to Fahrenheit I am wowed by the flavorful food and excellent service. In Cleveland we are fortunate enough to have a lot of wonderful chefs with a variety of tasty dining venues...and I've had the luxury of trying most, if not all, of these places...in the end, though, I always come back to Chef Rocco and Fahrenheit as my absolute, hands-down favorite.Special Features:
- Fantastic!WillDined on 10/20/2014From appetizer through dessert, the food was delicious. Service was excellent as well! Unique menu!Special Features:
- Great restaurant!ScottDined on 10/18/2014Once again the Rocco and his entire team simply amaze me! The food and the service are top notch. great wine list and if you're looking for a lighter meal, there's that too. Highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingeatmeDined on 10/18/2014my meal was missed matched. tuna ice cold. rice overly spiced, salad dry. the chef could not have sampled these items together. guest steak was also dry. the only food item that was better than ok was the stuffed dates. will not recommend.
- Great night outNanaDined on 10/15/2014We started with a happy hour drink in the bar. We moved to our table and each of us ordered something different. Each entree was beautifully presented and delectable. I would highly recommend Fahenheit as a 5 star dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightHersheyDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I decided to dine at Fahrenheit prior to attending a play. For a Tuesday night it was quite busy. Since we had show tickets I was concerned the service may be slow but that was not the case. Our server promptly took our drink order and returned to tell us about the specials. My husband had the pork tenderloin. It was served with apple wood bacon, caramelized brussel sprouts and creamed sweet corn. It's one of his favorite meals and he was not disappointed. I chose one of the specials which was pan seared scallops served over gnocchi with mushrooms in a lemon beurre blanc sauce. It was delicious. We had the house salad which consists of fresh greens and candied cashews with a miso dressing. We enjoyed our dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT service, great foodctownfoodieDined on 10/10/2014Not my first visit to Fahrenheit, however, my best! The service was FABULOUS!!! Our table got WONDERFUL appetizers complements of Rocco! The apps were spring rolls, which were delicious and his grandmother's meatballs (veal, beef and pork), which speak for themselves as DELISH! Drinks were great! I got the Pear Mule which was fabulous! I heard no complaints at dinner, either. Our group got the pork shank, margherita pizza, and lobster ramen and I got the Sausage and Pepperoni pizza with ricotta salata! I LOVED that pizza! Definitely the best meal I've had at Fahrenheit on top of exemplary service! I was thrilled that our friends who just moved from the west coast got a real taste of fabulous foodie Cleveland!Special Features:
- I have never been disappointed!lovesgoodfoodDined on 10/4/2014Always great food, nice wine options and fantastic bread!Special Features:
- 1st time at Fahrenheitnewfoods44Dined on 10/3/2014Was my first time going to Fahrenheit, the setting was nice, the waitress was attentive and knowlegable, and the food was good. Would come back again.Special Features:
- Great nightKEileenDined on 9/30/2014My friend and I visited Fahrenheit last week when I was in Cleveland for business. We had a great experience! I had the lobster mac & cheese for dinner, which was absolutely delicious. We also split the chocolate lava cake for dinner, which was also yummy! Our server was very attentive and did a great job making sure we had everything we needed. I would definitely go back if I lived in the area!Special Features:
- Waiter only worried about his tipvalaxoDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary. The waiter recommended the Short Ribs and we took his suggestion. The dish came out and had WAY too much teriyaki sauce, making the dish almost unbearably salty. After wondering why the waiter would have recommended this dish, we realized that this was the most expensive entree on the menu. The waiter had also been visibly annoyed that we did not order alcoholic beverages. Although the appetizers we had were tasty (the Cleveland nachos are made with homemade potato chips, and the Fried Chicken have an Indian take on them), due to the disappointing experience with our waiter being more interested in the size of his tip than in the experience of his customers, I would not dine here again.Special Features:
- Over book tablesHappyDined on 9/20/2014We went for our 25th Anniversary, and had to wait over 35 minutes for our reserved table. The server was very good. The food was okay, but nothing special. I had their famous short ribs. Portions small. My husband left hungry and he is not a big man. I gave him half of my meal. I would not go back. $33.00 for a plate with a small portion was too much.Special Features:
- Great MealCscbDined on 9/20/2014It was a great meal and we had a great server but we were seated in the same area as 2 large parties that were loud.Special Features:
- FancyPiqua41VIPDined on 9/19/2014Though the sound bouncing off the very retro walls made it impossible to hear your tablemate, Fahrenheit is a destination restaurant where diners want to see and be seen. The food is superb; the service, perfectly professional.Special Features:
- WonderfulcaptainEZDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I took an out of town couple here for dinner. Each of us was very impressed with the food and service. Two of us tried the short ribs with lo mein which was recommended and we were not disappointed. It was one of the best beef entrees I've ever tried. My wife raved about the salmon with wasabi potatoes as did our friend about the pork tenderloin with corn and Brussels sprouts. We can't wait to visit again. Our friends live in NC and plan to visit the Fahrenheit in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodretiredVIPDined on 9/19/2014good but not great especially for the prices. There specialty of the house braised rib dish had an over powering taste of a spice I could not identify, but didn't like. Service outside on the patio was terrible.Special Features:
- Celebrate!RamgesarahDined on 9/13/2014A great night out to celebrate with friends! Great service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kimieDined on 9/13/2014We waited 30" for our reservation. There were open tables. Our food was cold. The filet was ordered medium, but came out well done and cold.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014My husband did not like his ravioli meal and I couldn't even eat my "snapper", however they noticed and took it off my bill without me having to ask. All 4 of us felt we were mocked almost by the waiter for our food choices. Had we stuck with our instincts, we would have left happier. My last dining experience was superb, however my husband said he will not go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The restaurant is beautiful; the service was okay. I thought it was a little pricey. The food presentation was beautiful but some of our dinners were too spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableTimandCheleDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I checked out Fahrenheit at my brother's recommendation and we were pleased. Great atmosphere, great service. We both stepped out of our comfort zone on the food. It was very well prepared. I got the macaroni and lobster. I'm not a seafood person, but I thought I would try it; it would have been perfect without the lobster :-). She was pleased with her chicken entree (not for sure of the exact name). She said it was good - not WOW - but good, is good. We always try local restaurants when traveling and we weren't disappointed. Our waitress was exceptional! We drove around the neighborhood afterward to check out the unique housing - it was really cool. We enjoyed our Fahrenheit visit, the environment, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outkwssr14Dined on 9/6/2014Drink prices too expensive. Food prices reasonable for the quality. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food... Very CrowdedCLEChickVIPDined on 9/6/2014Loved the food! I ordered the halibut and it was so fabulous - very good stuff. Its crowded - lots of tables, lots of people. You definitely need to make a reservation. Its got valet and in a good location so you can visit other places after your meal for a drink. We made a point of telling the restaurant this was for a birthday...and they confirmed the "birthday celebration" when they called to confirm the reservation. However, when we were there no one mentioned the birthday or offered anything special to honor it. Although I really enjoyed this restaurant, I probably would pick another place for a special occasion (versus just a nice night out) to really make sure that the occasion is honored and celebrated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014We had a 5:00 reservation and didn't get a server til 520 because she was finishing her taste test of the evening food. If you open at 5, your servers should not be able to put themselves over their customers. Disappointing service.Special Features:
- Fahrenheit = Excellent!!!KB2014Dined on 9/5/2014Went to Fahrenheit to celebrate our 26th anniversary. Excellent service!!! Excellent food!! Not too pricey. Good choices. You won't be sorry for this choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.