2417 Professor Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://fahrenheittremont.com/
- Phone: 2167818858
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rocco Whalen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fahrenheit offers full service catering for up to 200 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Fahrenheit offers a private dining room accommodating up to 50 guests & is available for both lunch & dinner events/ Also available is a semi-private area for dinner accommodating up to 25 guests. Audio visual equipment services & valet services are available for your event upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Sonia Walters 2167818858x
A word from Fahrenheit
Located in Cleveland's funkiest neighborhood – Tremont, Fahrenheit's comfortably sexy environment has become the hangout for the dressed-in-black crowd, downtown suits & ties & anyone with a sense of adventure. But Gourmet didn't name Fahrenheit to its list of Great American neighborhood restaurants because it makes you feel so damn good being there. No, Rising Star Chef, Rocco Whalen, Wolfgang Puck protégé, will blow you away with his approachable, affordable & cutting edge Cooking style. Taste Rocco's contemporary cuisine with its Mediterranean & Asian accents & you'll know why Esquire declared him a "chef to keep your eye on". If you're alone, sit at the bar & order from Fahrenheit's martini & food menus. You're with pals? The dining room, with an elbows-on-the-table attitude, is perfect. If you're with a group, an open or closed private dining room space (your call) adjoining the dining room will fit the bill. Fahrenheit can match any mood you’re in.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Fahrenheit - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
Fahrenheit reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (104)special occasion (104)neighborhood gem (94)romantic (69)hot spot (59)great for outdoor dining (47)notable wine list (37)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (15)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Celebrate!RamgesarahDined on 9/13/2014A great night out to celebrate with friends! Great service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014My husband did not like his ravioli meal and I couldn't even eat my "snapper", however they noticed and took it off my bill without me having to ask. All 4 of us felt we were mocked almost by the waiter for our food choices. Had we stuck with our instincts, we would have left happier. My last dining experience was superb, however my husband said he will not go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The restaurant is beautiful; the service was okay. I thought it was a little pricey. The food presentation was beautiful but some of our dinners were too spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outkwssr14Dined on 9/6/2014Drink prices too expensive. Food prices reasonable for the quality. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food... Very CrowdedCLEChickVIPDined on 9/6/2014Loved the food! I ordered the halibut and it was so fabulous - very good stuff. Its crowded - lots of tables, lots of people. You definitely need to make a reservation. Its got valet and in a good location so you can visit other places after your meal for a drink. We made a point of telling the restaurant this was for a birthday...and they confirmed the "birthday celebration" when they called to confirm the reservation. However, when we were there no one mentioned the birthday or offered anything special to honor it. Although I really enjoyed this restaurant, I probably would pick another place for a special occasion (versus just a nice night out) to really make sure that the occasion is honored and celebrated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014We had a 5:00 reservation and didn't get a server til 520 because she was finishing her taste test of the evening food. If you open at 5, your servers should not be able to put themselves over their customers. Disappointing service.Special Features:
- Fahrenheit = Excellent!!!KB2014Dined on 9/5/2014Went to Fahrenheit to celebrate our 26th anniversary. Excellent service!!! Excellent food!! Not too pricey. Good choices. You won't be sorry for this choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I have always had excellent service and food at Farenheit. It is my favorite restaurant in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Loud, Dark RoomJojoVIPDined on 8/30/2014The dates that everyone raves about are good, but not in a complex way. They're sweet, salty, smoky, and fatty; that's all. The lobster ramen was really good, although the lobster was a bit overcooked. The broth was great, although more meaty than seafood-y. The crispy walleye was a nice presentation of this underrated fish. The banana cheesecake (recommended by our server) was well done, but not earth-shattering. The room is stunningly loud and incredibly dark, like a nightclub. I shouldn't need a candle to read the menu or really see the food. I also shouldn't have to raise my voice to be heard by the person sitting next to me. I'm not old, blind, or deaf. I eat out a lot and few places I've been have been this loud and dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!JoanofStCDined on 8/30/2014We so enjoyed our experience. The food was excellent. My hubby even said, "The best I've ever had." The only negative is how loud it was. People must have no clue how loud they are, but they are. Even with that, I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Drinks SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first time and we will be coming back time after time. The drinks were spectacular, You must get the Cleveland Nachos and Rocco's Meatballs for an Appetizer. We ordered Steaks, Tuna (was out of this world and 48 hours from being caught) and the short ribs! All of our orders were to perfection. The service was spectacular. Our server (forgot his name due to the fantastic drinks) was so nice and seriously smiled all night as he truly loves his job. He was awesome! Made us feel so welcome and enjoyed having him as our server.Special Features:
- Good but not great!GottagetgreatfoodDined on 8/23/2014We arrived around 8:30 and they seated us right away. That was great, however the noise level was very high and not so great for a relaxing meal. The restuarant was sooooo chilly we finally went to sit outside! The ambiance outside was a little lacking. The food was delicious and our server was more than pleasant. I would try your restuarant one more time and hope a lot of the negative things didn't come up again.Special Features:
- Great food!JustmeDined on 8/23/2014We had a great dinner with great service. Our table was ready at exactly the time of our reservation, too.Special Features:
- Service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Poor service: It took 15 minutes to be seated after we already had a reservation and another 15 minutes for our waitress to first visit our table. Food: Steak was not cooked as requested. My wife and I both asked for medium and we got a medium well steak that was also charred on the outside. Other food was great though as was the wine. For the price, we were not impressed.Special Features:
- Great service, good food.NMR7Dined on 8/20/2014Our server, Kelly, was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and easy going. The food was very good, just large portions. We enjoyed our time here!Special Features:
- Good Experiencenick33adamsDined on 8/19/2014Good food. Good service. A safe place to choose. Didn't wow me but was overall had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreamin' of the DatesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Fahrenheit is one of my favorite restaurants!! The service is always exceptional, the food is just BEYOND YUM,....Rock Star Chef Rocco and his staff always knock it out of the park!! And I dream about the chorizo stuffed dates...crazy delish!!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!SMC1Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was exceptional. We had drinks, salad/soup, main dishes, and dessert. All of it was delicious! The service was also outstanding. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a yummy night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelSoundLevelMeterDined on 8/16/2014As the evening progressed, it was more difficult to hear each other at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedkimberlylgDined on 8/15/2014Our waitress was great - very knowledgeable and kind. The soup and appetizer were great, no complaints at all there. I ordered the filet. The cook was great and it was a good cut of meat, but there was nothing special about it at all. There was virtually no seasoning - not even salt/pepper. The garlic mashed potatoes and broccolini were again, nothing special. I can't say that it was bad but it was NOT at all worth the money we paid. My husband felt the same about his 'special'. It was advertised as jumbo shrimp and scallops, and both were small. The icing on the cake - they gave us a comment card with the bill. A comment card - at a nice restaurant. Really, you need to ASK how you're doing when our bill came to $125? So tacky.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!ZelecharDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated 6 years of marriage with an amazing dinner at Fahrenheit. Food was mouth watering and service was the best we have ever had! We are from Richmond Virginia and this restaurant came highly recommended by family. We were not disappointed!Special Features:
- PerfectMikeDined on 8/12/2014As always, Fahrenheit never ceases to impress us. The food is beyond amazing, the way the flavors come together. Everyone must try the Chorizo Stuffed Sweet Dates appetizer. My wife and I try to eat there at least once a month (though sometimes it becomes four times, even though we live 30 minutes away).Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday celebration!LeeBeeDined on 8/12/2014I took my husband and my Mother there to celebrate their birthdays, and they loved it. Our waiter, George, was wonderful and attentive, and the rest of the staff was kind and made sure we had a lovely experience. George also brought out dessert with birthday candles for my husband and mother with no singing, which was perfect! My Mother is already talking about going again. Thanks for a great meal and time.Special Features:
- Wonderful first experience!ChrisPDined on 8/9/2014I chose Fahrenheit to have a romantic dinner for our 20th anniversary. The service was friendly and helpful and the food was fabulous (as I had hoped it would be)! We enjoyed our entire meal and were not made to feel rushed. One very very small negative comment...the lighting inside the dining area around the booths was a bit dark which made it hard to read the small lettering on the menu, but we managed just fine with our cell phone light. Overall, loved it and would come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Place in Town!dapper66Dined on 8/9/2014Fahrenheit is very always great! Unique dishes - consistent quality - fast service - and amazing specials! The pork tenderloin with coffe rub and mashed sweet potatoes is unique, different, and AMAZING!Special Features:
- 6 year anniversaryKaytariDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I went here for our 6th anniversary. The food was spectacular. My wife got the pothole, which was one of the best pre-dinner cocktails I've ever had. We will be returning here for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find!LestersgalDined on 8/6/2014Ate outside on a beautiful summer night. Food,drink, service and setting.... All good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would definitely go back!LCT1Dined on 8/6/2014Farenheit restaurant is definitely one that we would go back to. Great food, service, & atmosphere. Wine was a bit on the pricey side compared to the food menu but all other areas receive an "A".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointJjjmDined on 8/2/2014This is the first of Cleveland's restaurants that lives up to the tv and print hype. I have been diss appointed by several other nationally noted Cleveland restaurants where the food did not wow me but faranheit did. It has a great selection in all categories from apps to desert and is a must for a special occasion dinner or just a casual bite to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceCRSDragonDined on 8/2/2014A lot of interesting menu items and presentation and quality were outstanding. Definitely woth several more visits to try more delights. Appetizers were especially interesting and delicious. Peach pizza was a little too cute and the taste was odd, not bad, but odd. Signature short ribs dish was a bit salty, pasta beneath was very good, ribs themselves were a little fatty. Still very tasty. Spring rolls appy was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovin' It!MomofMaynardDined on 8/2/2014I booked dinner at Fahrenheit for myself and two friends who were visiting Cleveland for the first time as a couple. They loved the food and drink selection there as much as I do. The service was impeccable, the atmosphere was hip, the food was superbly delicious (as usual). KOBE BEEF, BABY!!!Special Features:
- return to TremontLuvyourfoodDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit to Fahrenheit and we were not disapointed with our choice. The food was outstanding and the service from Stacey was excellent. We are looking forward to our next visit. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place for brunch.favefoodDined on 8/1/2014We love their brunch menu. This is the place to go if you enjoy unique selection of breakfast entrees rather than the run of the mill breakfast foodSpecial Features:
- Usually amazingOffnightDined on 7/28/2014I have eaten at Farenheit several times it was always delicious. My fav app are the mussels and we could not wait to order them this time the sauce was flavorless and more than 70% did not open! this dish should have never been allowed to leave the kitchen. We ordered a few more appetizers and next we ordered the kale salad with soft boiled egg, the egg was not just slightly over cooked I could have made egg salad with it. Again, this dish had no business leaving the kitchen. We then ordered the lava cake and The lava cake was so dense and certainly no"lava" at all. We finally said something and was told the lava cake off the bill, really? I had taken 2 bites. I will retur, but not until a new pastry chef and expediter are hired.Special Features:
- FarenheitDevil196Dined on 7/26/2014Only detractor was the noise level. Hard to carry on conversation with such a high noise level.Special Features:
- No wine in the houseDGN2002Dined on 7/25/2014We selected 4 bottles of wine that were out of stock on a Friday night. All were Cabernet. Very disappointing.
- Decent substance with great serviceGettingOldandParticularDined on 7/25/2014The highlight of our visit to this celebrity chef's restaurant was the excellent wait staff. From the New York City-level-of-beauty hostess (which garnered me more than one kick under the table from the wife) to the uber-professional waitress, waiters and bussers we will definitely be back for their service. As for the food it was fine; fresh, but lacking any wow factor. Additionally, while the drink menu had a plethora of hipster concoctions from certain TV shows based on the 60's Ad Age peak the bar did not have the ingredients for my classic cocktail order of a drink from the early twentieth century. The Friday night noise level was too loud to talk to my tablemate in a normal tone, but we were both OK with that - the vibe was fun.Special Features:
- Very Crowded for a Friday dinnerMargeDined on 7/25/2014I booked on line but the time was only at 5:30 or 8:30. I booked at 5:30 but chose to sit outdoors since the evening was pleasant. The waiter told us he was too short to change the angle of the umbrella and would send someone over. The cocktails came and were consumed but no one came to change the umbrella (the sun was shining in our eyes so we wore sunglasses). A little later, a tall waiter came to the patio to change the angle of the umbrella for a different table. We asked him to change ours, too. Evidently our waiter had not bothered with the umbrella or our discomfort. I know this is a very small problem but important to us. The food and beverages were excellent.Special Features:
- MistyDined on 7/21/2014We had a wonderful time. The food was so good. Scallops were the best I ever had. My Husband enjoyed his pizza. The waitress was wonderful and very helpful with my diet restrictions ( celiac disease). She checked on everything. My husband really enjoyed his birthday.Special Features:
- Delicious!luv2finedineDined on 7/19/2014Went with friends to celebrate our Anniversary. Do not recommend this place for a quiet romantic evening. Fahrenheit is a must go to enjoy with a group or girls night out. Food is fantastic! The Ahi Tuna & Lobster Mac is a winner. This is def. one of my favorite places to eat in Tremount, cannot wait to go back!Special Features: