7042 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fahrenheitbbq.com/
- Phone: 9164764508x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: T-F 11:00am-4:00pm
Lunch: Sa 11:00am-4:00pm
Lunch: Su 12:00pm-8:00pm
Dinner: T-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Jacob Carriker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Fahrenheit 250
"The just-opened Fahrenheit 250 could be the new candidate for BBQ greatness."Continued
The Bee’s Allen Pierleoni
The Bee’s Allen Pierleoni
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Fahrenheit 250 - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Fahrenheit 250 reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (32)kid-friendly (17)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (16)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Good BBQ, better ambiance than most BBQ places, good service, a little loud....could use some acoustic tile or suchSpecial Features:
- A bit pretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014When the waitress seated us it was in the busiest portion of the restaurant. We asked if we could have one of the vacant tables along the wall and were told they were going to be very busy and this was what they had available. We then watched as the majority of those tables remained vacant throughtout the duration of our dinner. It took the waitress forever to take our order and an equally long time for the food to arrive. The BBQ was pretty good. The meat was tender with a nice smoky flavor. The four sauces availabe were good, although I didn't consider the sauce labeled "hot" to need a warning. Getting the bill took at least 20 minutes after we were finished eating. I think I will look for a hole in the wall BBQ joint next time.
- Bar B Que is Smokin'NorCaleatsVIPDined on 8/22/2014Can't beat the meat and chicken for finger-licking flavor. The pork ribs are stunning in their meatiness. This chicken needs a little more help with the sauces to overcome a tendency toward dryness in the breast meat. The green beans are killers. On the whole, very, very good. The staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre BBQCeeJayBeeDined on 8/16/2014The BBQ was so-so. We both had combo plates that included the fatty brisket. The slices of brisket consisted of at least 75% fat and was pretty much inedible. My chicken was dry. I enjoyed the hot link...but then it's pretty hard to mess up a hot link. The fries were good. The only other positive was the best collard greens ever!!! This is a very noisy venue. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Good ribs but other meats are dryjjetDined on 8/9/2014My 2nd time here and I made the mistake of ordering a salad. The 1st time my husband & I had the 3 meat combo. The ribs are great but the chicken and pulled pork are way too dry. I had the chicken on my salad, which ruined an otherwise good salad. Love their lemon and their Lime dressings. Not sure I will go again soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PromisingimafoodcriticVIPDined on 8/5/2014They have some things to work out, like polished service to match the friendliness, but the food is darn good and prices are fair. Would like a server who explains the menu and cooking style when told it's a guest's first time, and when a bag is asked for, the server shouldn't just hand the guest the bag but put the leftover boxes in it. Little things like that.
- Yummy!Labrat14Dined on 8/3/2014Really enjoyed out visit. We will return soon. Adding BBQ sauces to fit our tastes is a great way serve the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtoeatDined on 8/2/2014We did not appreciate the high noise level in the restaurant! We wanted to finish our meal as quickly as possible and go somewhere else for coffee, and dessert that has better acoustics!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014This was our 3rd experience at Farenheit 250 and we look forward to our next. Everyone who works there is warm but professional (you'll be greeted and told farewell by usually your server, the hostess and at least one other employee). The barbeque is phenomenal and every menu item is excellent (yep, we've tried everything), especially the vegetarian and vegan choices! Their bloody Mary is my new favorite, but the rest of the cocktails are consistently delicious and refreshing, as are the rotating taps of local beers. Come hungry and come often, it's the only meal of the day you'll need:)Special Features:
- A BBQ place with vegetarian optionsVegProteinDined on 7/27/2014We were in Sacramento for one night only, and wanted to have a good meal for both a vegetarian and an omnivore. Fahrenheit 250 seemed to offer both, so we gave it a try. The tofu tacos were really tasty, and my husband enjoyed the meat as well. Service was just a hair on the slow side, but our server was very friendly and didn't ignore us when things were a bit behind. If i ever make it back to Sacramento, I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flygirlDined on 7/25/2014This was my third time eating here. First time had portebello and grits and the secondi time the brisket. Both very excellent. This time I had the tri tip. Preferred the briskit. Sweet tea is unusual but good. Service each time was friendly but extremely slow.Special Features:
- pretty good ...adamsnanDined on 7/24/2014I was not happy about one thing -- the mac & cheese -- WAY too much white pepper(?) and when I mentioned how hot it was, the waiter said he told us it was hot, and suggested I put some barbeque sauce on it. WHAT??? They offer a mild version for kids -- this review would have been much better had the waiter offered to exchange my nonedible side for the kids' version. The ribs were delicious, the collard greens were also a little too hot for my taste but the 'greens' flavor came through to save them.Special Features:
- so-sosacrobinVIPDined on 7/20/2014We were here for an early dinner on a drizzly summer evening, so it was pretty quiet. We each had a two meat combo plate and ordered different things so that we could sample a range of items. The chicken was a bit dry, ribs slightly tough, brisket also on the dry side, but the tri tip was tender and tasty. Each plate comes with a slice of white bread and a choice of two sides. The grits were good but needed a bit of salt, collard greens had a bit too much salt, seasonal vegetables were good, and red beans and rice were fine. It was a lot of food. Very good beer selection. Overall, we've had better barbecue elsewhere, but this wasn't bad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hooowah ... yum.muusDined on 7/13/2014I think these guys are on to something. A brand new creation ... no chain recipes here. For being open less than a year, this place has some seriously good stuff going on. The rub was so good, I didn't get to give the sauces a fair try! I'll be back.Special Features:
- Looks great, but the food was blandSacFoodieDined on 7/6/2014Given how great this place looks, I had higher expectations. The fried green tomatoes were the only thing we enjoyed. All the meats are served with just a rub on them & the 4 sauces on the table were boring. The chicken was dry & flavor less. The brisket was tough & bland. The hot links were flavor less & lacked any spiciness. The tri-tip was tender, but lacked any smokiness. The pulled pork was too fatty. The collared greens were bland, as were the red beans & rice. The mac & cheese was just so so, as were the green beans. Given the 2 of us were spending over $50, I was quite surprised when I was told a lemonade refill would be $3. Most places give free refills. Save your money and go elsewhere. This place is way overrated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Good food. However, food was relatively slow to appear from kitchen on a night that was not that crowded. They had no bread for sandwiches, due to the July 4 holiday. But that is a problem that other restaurants have solved. It cannot be that difficult.Special Features:
- flygirlDined on 7/4/2014Great food! I like all the vegetarian options. Service was friendly but slow. Need smaller portions for desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoodsonDined on 7/3/2014Food was good, not great. Wait staff fun and very friendly. Minamal wait time for food to come to table after ordering. Large portions. Our reservation was at 7:15. We arrived at 7:05 and the reception desk refused to seat us until it was 7:15! There were 2 open tables in the bar area and 5 on the floor!! Bartender had to ask permission from receptionist if we could be seated in the bar area!! I hate to be pushed to the bar for bar revenue, eventhough we were ordering drinks. Noise level extremely high.Special Features:
- BBQ the right wayLaguna85Dined on 6/27/2014Any place you can order your brisket lean or fatty has to be good. From appetizers (great shrimp & grits) to entrees (brisket lean or fatty, ribs, hot links and chicken) to desserts, this place is a winner. The meat is dry smoked with a tasty rub. If you like sauce, there are four at your table to choose from. In addition to the great food, the beer selection is excellent and the service is friendly, helpful and very professional. This place is a winner all around.
- BBQ at it's BestrobinettaVIPDined on 6/27/2014Finally! A BBQ restaurant with a cool vibe! And a great bar! Tasty smoked meats, delicious sides with a good wait service team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What We ExpectedSactokarenVIPDined on 6/26/2014We'd read a review that referred to this place as BBQ with linen tablecloths. Well, there are no linen tablecloths and no mistaking this is a BBQ place. It is not a date place. Prices for combo plates are expensive and the meat servings are not generous. The desserts serving was ridiculously large, but very disappointing - a lot of cool whip and not much of anything else. The meats we tried; pulled pork, brisket, and ribs were just ok. Nothing outstanding about any. Outdoor dining in the front faces busy Folsom Blvd; the back is right along the light rail route. We won't be returning.Special Features:
- Don't BotherbbqmavenDined on 6/21/2014Greeted warmly and seated at a requested "quiet" table. Not quiet. Friendly server--took a long time(12+minutes) to greet us and we had to remind him to take a drink order. Another long period before he took our orders. Food came out timely and hot. Ordered 2 meat platters with 2 sides. Meat incredibly dry. TriTip over done and like sawdust. Understand the meats are always served dry-that means, in BBQ terms, without sauce, not petrified. Pulled pork and the ribs were ugly dry even with sauce. Sides were the highlight-mac and cheese excellent. More than enough food--took a lot home but to try to eat it the next day was impossible due to sawdust texture of both meats, rib and chicken. Back Forty or Lucille's beats them by a mile.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014GREAT FOOD. BUT AMBIENCE WAS RUINED BY BLARING MUSIC.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow...just wowBBQdudeDined on 6/15/2014Best BBQ in town. The slow cooked meats, the sauces, the sides.....amazing! Service was really above average as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shorteDined on 6/15/2014My first time on Father's Day, is was busy, didtn take that long to be seated but it took a minuted for us to get our food, once we did recieve our food we were happy with the bbq. It wasnt like wow but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious BBQ!SteveWVIPDined on 6/15/2014My wife brought me here for Father's Day. Good thing we had made reservations through OpenTable, as the line extended into the parking lot when the restaurant opened at noon. People without reservations had to eat in the bar area. (The hostess did an excellent job checking in everyone.) I ordered the two-meat entree (with two sides) and an order of corn bread muffins. My brisket and pulled pork were tender and delicious! My wife ordered the tri-tip sandwich and, once again, her meal was delicious. Two beers completed our meal. Service was a little intermittent due to the wait staff trying to provide table service to the large Father's Day crowd, which included several large multi-generation families. Excellent choice for BBQ in Sacramento!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BBQEGWaltDined on 6/14/2014Had dinner with friends and we all enjoyed the food. The three item plate with sides was perfect for two to share. I really enjoyed the ribs and the grilled corn on the cob. We had a group of 5 but upon arrival our Open Table reservation was not located. As a result we sat outside which was fine but without sun shades the sun (it was a warm day) and glare was unconfortable. We will be back for the food....give it a try.Special Features:
- yummy4cryingoutloudDined on 6/13/2014Sacramento needs more unpretentious great food like this one- had the salad with tri tipSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinerborn2dineoutDined on 6/12/2014Made reservations for 5:45pm. Got there and table was ready. Very nice reception staff. Waitress and service was outstanding. Food was OK. Some hits and misses. Ribs and sausages were good. Almost every thing on the spicy hot side. Great if your into that sort of thing. They had a special vegetable dish, I think it was broccoli. It was so hot that t was really uneatable. They changed it out for another side. Mac and cheese and french fries were good. I had a brisket sandwich which was OK. Suppose to get it with a pickle and grilled onions, but they never showed up. Skip the corn muffins. There have been several different attempts to make a restaurant work at this Folsom Blvd location. This is the best effort to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Service friendly, but very slow. Food inconsistent. Ribs, Pulled Pork, Tri-tip, Chicken - Good, Brisket - Horrible, Dessert - Poor
- SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014SERVICE NEEDS TO STEP IT UP !! MY SERVER COULD BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH.Special Features:
- Tasty BBQ!MarianneDined on 6/6/2014So glad we had Open Table reservations because when we arrived there were people waiting at the door. We, however were seated right away thanks to OT. Food was good, service was good, place was crowded & very family friendly looking around at all the groups dining there that night. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another trybdubthnksDined on 6/4/2014This was my second time eating here & the food wasn't as good as the first time. The item I wanted my companion to try was no longer served. The collard greens were too hot with peppers that weren't in it the first time & the red beans & rice were a bit bland. Those were two of my favorite items the first time. I will give 250 another try because I do like the casual atmosphere & the service was great both times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQTobyVIPDined on 5/30/2014Having had Texas BBQ and not found anything comparable in Sacramento...here it is. Had the brisket and it was wonderful. If you have a significant other who is not a meat-eater, then they also have many choices on the menu (aside from salad) from which to choose while you indulge in your carnivorous habits.Special Features:
- bdlPDined on 5/30/2014Even though we had a reservation we were offered the worst table location in the restuaurant by the wait station and were told other tables were reserved for other guests. Better tables were given to customers with out reservations. Waited 25 minutes for a waiter to come over after asking the busser 2 times to send over our waiter. Food came before drinks and main course salad and appetizer were brought at the same time followed by drinks. Meat was way over cooked, corn muffins were dense and flavorless and sauces were delivered after our meal was finished. I will say the salad was good though. Our waiter said sorry but made no attempt to compensate for food or service. Definately wait at least 12 months if we even decide to go back.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Fahrenheit 250 reviews archive.
- Great Service! Great Food!Luv2eatDined on 5/27/2014We ordered tri tip, ribs, pulled pork, Mac n cheese, salad, fries, corn bread and many other items. The service was outstanding and all food was very good. The manager came to the table to ask how everything was going. We also made a reservation on Open Table and they had three tables for us to pick from. I totally recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice in three days!letseatoutgingerDined on 5/17/2014We were in Sacramento for 3 days celebrating with family and went to dinner at Fahrenheit 250 our first night. Such fun, personable staff and servers... and great food. We raved so much the rest of the family insisted we take the whole crew of 12 for a rerun on Saturday night. It was jam packed... and service a little slow... but manager, Tyler, sent over appetizers and we were having so much fun... even the kids hung in there through yummy dessert. You must try the crab/corn fritters and the corn bread. I was just off a two week trip with relatives in Florida and I didn't taste any as good in the South.Special Features:
- decent BBQWinstonVIPDined on 5/11/2014The location, service, noise level, and ambiance are not great. And some of the food was just ok (corn muffins) but some of the food was very good - my family loved the spicy BBQ sauce, the corn and crawfish fritters, the pulled pork, etc. So I won't be rushing back but if you are craving BBQ and looking for a place, it might be worth trying.Special Features:
- finger linkin' good!SteveWVIPDined on 5/11/2014Fahrenheit 250 is a BBQ restaurant. They do one thing -- BBQ -- and they do it right! We tasted the brisket, the tri-tip and the pulled pork. All had the smokey flavor and fork-tenderness you want from good BBQ. Our two side dishes were the coleslaw and the potato salad. Again, absolutely no complaints. You sit at a table, someone takes your order and then your order is brought to you on plates. No standing at a counter to order and no being served your BBQ on paper plates. We will absolutely return. Our new favorite BBQ restaurant in the Sacramento area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service needs workJschirmer77Dined on 5/10/2014We tried a large variety of items, and everything we ate, was really good. The staff was very friendly, but seemed flustered by the number of people in the restaurant. Apps and kids drinks came out after the meal. The food wait time was long. They just opened, so probably still have a few bugs to work out, but I will definatly return. I typically do not like smoked or traditional BBQ food, but the flavor and quality was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.