fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Chicago
100 W Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fadoirishpub.com/chicago/
- Phone: 3128360066
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 2:00am
Friday: 11:30am - 3:00am
Saturday: Early for sports - 3:00am
Sunday: Early for sports - 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Comfort Food, Irish
- Executive Chef: Bryan McAllister
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Please visit our website for details of music, sports, and Wednesday night Pub Quiz
- Public Transit: We are 2 blocks west on Grand from the Grand Red Line stop and 6 blocks north on Clark from the Clark and Lake El stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We are located at 100 W. Grand in the heart of downtown Chicago's River North neighborhood. We are on the corner of Clark and Grand, across the street from Maggiano's.
Our nearest expressway is 90 / 94 where you would exit on Ohio and take it to Clark where you would make a right and find us a block down on your right hand side. There is a parking garage directly across the street from us and you can also valet your car at Maggiano's and still come in here.
A word from fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Chicago
Fado is an excellent choice for pub favorites and fresh, from-scratch seasonal specials that will reset your expectations of food in an Irish pub. We're currently featuring new seasonal craft beers and housemade cocktails along with a new Snack menu designed for groups looking to share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- WelcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Everything was great. The food, the employees, everything. We were greeted by severalnpeople and truely felt welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/2/2014This is my favorite Irish Pub in Chicago. The Guinness is poured to perfection, and the food is great!Special Features:
- LovelyDined on 7/7/2014Went with coworkers for a Monday happy hour and the service was wonderful and the atmosphere was fun for it being a Monday! Thanks, Fado!Special Features:
- They don't support open tablebpavel88Dined on 7/4/2014We booked the reservation through open table, but beware that they did not honor that. We had to wait outside for an hour to get seatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FadofanOysterfanDined on 5/9/2014We had a great time at Fado' last Friday (05/09/14). The food was really good and the service was even better. We will be sure to return on our next trip to the big city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemJoJoDined on 5/3/2014Fado was a blast! We attended the Craft Beer fest and then stayed for dinner - great beer choices/taste tests, wonderful food, great wait staff! All good and fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- DisappointedRMM0605Dined on 4/25/2014We had reservations for 2 for dinner. We were seated at a SMALL high top across from the waiteress station at the bar. There was only one chair, so I had to go and find one elsewhere. The lamb sliders were excellent. The mushroom soup and the salad were excellent. The shepherd's pie, big disappointment. Out server was running all the time, looked like they were understaffed. I would not go back.
- Have the Lamb Sammy!ZenistDined on 4/5/2014I wish I recalled the menu name of the pulled lamb sandwich because it was so good! I'd never had lamb before and had been wanting to get my feet wet with something other than a chop. This sandwich was akin to Italian beef with a really great tasting au jus. Matched up with nicely done chips and a Strongbow it made for a lovely supper. My friend had the Fish 'N Chips and was raving about it and especially the coleslaw. She's a bit of a fish and coleslaw connoisseur so it must have been great! Can't wait to return and try something else new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ST. PATTY'S DAY WEKENDYANKEEDined on 3/15/2014Having been st. patty's day weekend, the staff was overwhelmingly organized, and efficient. nobody stayed around long with an empty drink, food was quick and full of eye candy as it passed by the many happy people. it was also amazing for the taste buds(lamb and blue cheese sliders) MUST TRY!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that IrishQQQQDined on 3/11/2014Not what I expected. Played Country Western music. When I complained to the manager he put on R and R. Killed the atmosphere. I am sure there are better Irish bars in ChicagoSpecial Features:
- mini reunionbuddeeeDined on 3/3/2014Great spot for a group of 8 to celebrate a reunion of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wee bit of Ireland in Chicago.FredDined on 2/20/2014We went as a large group and were 45 minutes late for reservation. I called to say we were running behind. We were seated in an upstairs room by ourselves ( a group of 8), since our table had been given away. Kate, our server, was friendly and attentive. She recommended the corned beef appetizer rolls which were scrumptious. I had the shepherds pie on her recommendation as well. The food, the Guinness, and desserts were all excellent. The owner? Manager, checked in on us a couple of times to see if everything was okay. More than okay, all of us are looking forward to visiting again for another wee bit of Ireland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best comboOrionsBeltDined on 2/14/2014It is my first time been to an Irish pub and the first restaurant I went to on my long weekend Chicago trip. My first impression was very vibrant, the interaction between customers and servers were more like friends. Love the fact that is less than 5 mins walk from my hotel and right in the downtown core of Chicago. Fish & Chip, and Corn Beef are a must have. The server recommended trying our local Guinness, was fantastic. We were lucky we happened to be at the pub while there was live music after 10 pm, the two men band was playing awesome music. If I ever going to Chicago again, I will definitely pay a visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th Birthday CelebrationhappydinerDined on 1/11/2014Three of us made reservations for Saturday at 7:30. We were greeted immediately, sat at a nice table and our server was extremely attentive, answering our questions and bringing our food/drinks in a timely manner. All three of us ordered the fish/chips and it was delicious! The Irish Coffee was an outstanding dessert treat and we will definitely be back! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticFiontarDined on 1/3/2014Food is savory, full of wonderful flavors. Ambience as if in an Irish pub. Would be a great place to meet up with friends or just for lunch or dinner with a pal or partner. Although my husband said that his entrée was so good that he wanted it for dessert, we did have the bread pudding and apple cake. They were delicious.Special Features:
- Gathering with friendsJeffHDined on 12/22/2013Great place for a small gathering of old friends over a pint or three.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Saturday nightCousinFunDined on 11/9/2013There were 8 of us that dined at Fado. We were cousins that hadn't seen each other in 30 years! We were thankful that we were on the second floor, as the first floor was loud, and definitely the bar scene. We were also appreciative that they took reservations.with our larger party. Service was great! Food choices and prices were reasonable. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2013Went to Fado for a birthday party, they accommodated our large group (10) very comfortably! Every single appetizer and entree ordered was head & shoulders above standard pub fare. Food was flavorful and paired with a delightful pint was absolutely perfect for a chilly fall night in Chicago. My lone complaint about Fado is the lack of hostess...parties are kind of left to find their table themselves or attempt to flag down a manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great place for aluv2eatDined on 11/2/2013It was a great place for a large group celebrating a birthday, and the beer was fantastic!Special Features:
- WHAT AN AMAZING FIND!!!SRLABATEVIPDined on 11/2/2013Eight of us girls went downtown to see a show and then out to dinner. We decided on fado because it was close to our theater. What a great choice. They had our table waiting for us when we arrived and sat us right away. Our server was friendly and took our drink order as soon as we sat down. They had loads of beers on tap which allowed for many 50/50 combinations. Most of our group ordered the Shepard's Pie which is toped with Colcannon and served with a yummy salad. It was so delicious that everyone cleaned their plates. The rest of the group ordered the Lamb dip. Another spectacular choice. The lamb was so tender and the dipping gravy was perfect. Would definitely go here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldsters Get-togetherMargieDined on 10/22/2013We were five older women having a reunion. Loved the building and the manager who was willing to show us the architectural detail and talk about the history. We had drinks and dinner and were pleased to sit upstairs so that we could talk and laugh in relative quiet (downstairs is wonderfully loud, of course) and not be in the way or feel the need to free up our table. We were there for three hours. The food was very good - had to try the fish and chips and found them to be perfect. Our wait-person was charming, fun, and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/18/2013Overall a very enjoyable evening. Great fish and chipsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer special! 3 for 10PengoVIPDined on 10/8/2013Outfrickingstanding appetizers. We had the fish tacos, cheese puffs, and lamb covered chips. Big portions and all were delicious. Service was very attentive but not hovering.Special Features:
- fado - almost like being in IrelandSimpsonDined on 8/17/2013We chose fado because our sons and a friend had spent a semester in Wales and Ireland a couple of years ago and we thought we would re-live some of their memories together. According to one of my sons: "that's the best Guinness I've had since the brewery!" The ambiance was charming, our waitress was outstanding and helpful without being bothersome. We fell in love with her brogue. Our table had the pulled lamb french dip, the all-day Irish breakfast, the shepherd's pie, and the fish and chips. Everything was delicious and authentic... down to the vinegar on the table for the fish and chips. We ended the meal by sharing the chocolate brownie with Guinness ice cream. The friend, who is living in Chicago, plans on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As welcome as familyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2013We were there for a birthday. It was like they were part of our celebration. Attentiveness, courteous and just a pleasure to be there. The food was great but the atmosphere is what I would return for. Just a wonderful place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2013I really love this place. Great Irish fare, and really wonderful service every time. The servers are so friendly and happy to answer questions on the drink or food menu. I always look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Irish food yetFiberartDined on 7/19/2013Came to Chicago for a bachlorette party and was surprised by the food quality here. Seating alittle uncomfortable with 5 people around 2 2' circle tables. Would return for casual dinner or appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FadoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2013This is the nicest interior design of any Irish pub in Chicago and maybe America & Ireland too! Be sure to see the upper floors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish Food!stasiaVIPDined on 6/14/2013I really enjoy Irish food, so I'd been waiting to eat here for a while. Had the Sheppard Pie and it was awesome! One of the best I've had. Was pleasantly surprised by the 3-for-$10 app deal and reasonably priced drinks (would make a great place for happy hours). Bartenders were really friendly and helpful in picking a drink, but the poor table service from our waitress left us at odds on whether to come back or not. Maybe we'll just get carry-out next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Phenomenal!MsBaseballDined on 5/24/2013I took a group there after a graduation, and we couldn't have asked for better service, better food, and better ambiance. And extremely reasonable to boot!! Thank you fado for making our special occasion even more special. FYI - have the Shephard's Pie and the Bread Pudding. To DIE for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotDawnKDined on 5/4/2013A friend told me about this pub that was built in Ireland and reconstructed in Chicago. I love pubs and Fado's was terrific. Has great ambiance, I took lots of pictures. The exterior doesn't really announce that there's a neat pub inside. Glad I reserved for dinner, it was Derby Day -the place was pretty full, but it didn't affect the quality of the food or service. They perfectly poured the Black & Tan and the Blacksmith. Our server was very friendly & attentive. Food was great, served hot & quick; reasonable portions. Fish & chips were crispy & hot, not greasy. Shepard's Pie was terrific (fortunately she shared!) Another got the Reuben and was content. Couldn't pass up Guinness Ice Cream on brownie, or the delicious bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!! WantedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013What a great find!! Wanted to visit an Irish pub while in Chicago and this was the first one I found. While I will admit I did not know that Fado is a chain, it certainly did not feel like a chain restaurant! Having dined in Irish pubs in Ireland, we were pleasantly surprised by this place. The food was GREAT and the service was top notch. I don't remember our waitress's name but she was really great and fun. We also got a recommendation from one of the managers on the beet and hummus sandwich and it did not disappoint!! While not really traditional Irish fare, it was delicious. Now the fish and chips, ding ding ding ding!!! AMAZING!! The fish and chips were great and completed the evening! Will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- First time there for lunchNorgeVIPDined on 2/1/2013First time there for lunch and I absolutely loved it! Food was really good, service helpful but not overbearing, and the atmosphere was so warm and cozy. Definitely be back.
- As one would expect from anBeshertsDined on 1/18/2013As one would expect from an Irish Pub, a very good draft beer selection. Just shared a couple appetizers, the Mac & Cheese and Boxty Quesadillas, both of which were just unique enough and very tasty. Extremely warm on upper levels, but we found a nice booth downstairs and were very comfortable.Special Features:
- Went here for lunch duringOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/2/2013Went here for lunch during the week and it was pretty slow (seems to be a good bar scene for sports mainly) but didn't really enjoy the food or the ambiance. I had the soup and chicken fingers (pretty basic food at a bar) and wasn't that great... I think if you are offering bar food, you should be able to get it pretty close to perfect!
- Lively place for food & drinkLKetVIPDined on 12/28/2012Good Irish bar! Loud downstairs with the live music, but that's to be expected at an Irish bar. Staff was very friendly and attentive. We sat both upstairs and downstairs (first for dinner, then for a post-dinner drink and to listen to the live music) and had GREAT experiences with the servers in both locations. FUN!Special Features:
- Good honest Irish pubOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2012Fun Irish pub with very good food. Great energy and the staff is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Our reserved table was inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2012Our reserved table was in the upstairs bar area, which was quiet. It was fun to see a party in the St. Brendan room (maybe I'll have one there some day)--there was no problem with noise from the party room where we were sitting. Our dinner guest was a calligrapher/wood and metal worker/computer and history expert, and she greatly appreciated the Book of Kells illumination on the ceiling in the downstairs bar, the antique bars, the St. Brendan boat(s) and murals, and the use of ornamental wood and iron. "My kind of place" was her review! The food and drink were delicious--I had the Trinity steak boxty--but alas I forgot my carryout box. Glad you have Strongbow cider on tap. Our guest will be trying out the Washington DC location. Thanks!Special Features:
- I have been going to thisEscobarDined on 11/6/2012I have been going to this bar for years, back to when I lived in the neighborhood. I have been to other Fado locations in Philly and DC, but the staff at the Chicago location always make me feel at home. This place has skewed more towards a restaurant over the last few years, but still retains a great "pub" atmosphere. The menu has traditional Irish/British fare and all selections are presented HOT (not warm, like most restaurants) and quickly. The mezz section is nice for a small group and bands often play on the third floor. Guinness is always the perfect temperature!Special Features:
- Fun bar atmosphere, but musicbeanerDined on 10/19/2012Fun bar atmosphere, but music started early and very loud for any conversation. I would definitely go back, though.Special Features: