Fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant- Austin
214 W 4th St
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant- Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fadoirishpub.com/austin
- Phone: 5124570172
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 2am
Saturday/Sunday: Open early (see sports schedule) - 2.15am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Irish
- Executive Chef: Kristina Vukela
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Please visit our website for details of live music, live European sports, Pub Quiz and other special events.
A word from Fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant- Austin
Fado is an excellent choice for pub favorites and fresh, from-scratch seasonal specials that will reset your expectations of food in an Irish pub. We're currently featuring new seasonal craft beers and housemade cocktails along with a new Snack menu designed for groups looking to shareContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant- Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Outstanding service and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Saturday pre-ACL dinner with the wife. Very nice location, great for a pre-show dinner or appetizers. Cold draft Harps, excellent Burger Sliders and the Wedges with Moxties was delicious. Nice take on the Queso. Star of the show were the cheese Puffs - delectable little fluffy and buttery puffs filled with a nice blend of creamy goodness. My wife left her glasses on the tabler, and our server chased us down on the street a half block from the pub to hand deliver them. Outstanding!Special Features:
- A Must if Irish, or Irish at Heart!DekeDined on 3/6/2014Authentic, made in Ireland, décor. There is nothing on the menu that isn't great, but the Lamb is the best of all!! Extensive beer and Irish Whiskey list, choices I didn't know existed. Great for gathering with friends, watching sports, St. Patrick's celebrations are second to none!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot gem of a pub in AustinDaveDined on 2/4/2014Great pub fare and outstanding service! Not to mention an awesom live trivia event hosted by an equally awesome host!Special Features:
- PandC DinnerPandCDined on 1/13/2014We went here for dinner on a Monday night. The food was good. The wings were tasty...and the corned beef sandwich and reuben that we had were both very filling. The ambience was nice and quiet. Our server was very polite, personable, and helpful. The restaurant/bar was also very clean overall. Recommended.Special Features:
- great atmosphere service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013If you don't have time for a flight to Dublin, this is fine and we will have to return and sample more of the menu in the relaxed settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish bar/foodHudjulVIPDined on 12/3/2013Service friendly, good food, traditional Irish pubSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Formula 1 dining experience 2013MarkeytalkDined on 11/14/2013Food was good. Drinks were good. Waiter was excellent. Unfortunately, the music was too loud for my blood and my group had a difficult time having a meaningful conversation over dinner. I had just come from a Formula 1 race where the cars are very loud, but the music was too much for me. It was our 2nd year in a row to visit Fado's. Next time, we'll be a bit more aware of the music level before we dine in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at FadóomurrayDined on 11/11/2013As someone who came to Austin from the North of Ireland at the end of the summer, I've been dying to try an Irish pub since I got here. Fadó is an excellent restaurant and it was great to take my new friends out for a meal and give them an authentic taste of what home is for me. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The best fish and chops andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013The best fish and chops and Shepards pie. You simply must get the brownie with Guiness ice cream for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fado's Rocks!JoyBDined on 10/5/2013The staff and the management are friendly and hands on! Great music from groups like Blaggards and great food keep us coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin TripPastagrlDined on 9/29/2013Great little Irish bar/pub in Austin. The service was really fantastic and the food was really good with big portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-timers...and we loved it!FoodaholicVIPDined on 8/16/2013Although we've heard of Fado before in other cities, have never ventured in until now...and boy were we impressed! The decor was incredible, transporting us back to the Shamrock Isle. The menu was invigorating, and the service was especially good and helpful, with plenty of suggestions, detailed descriptions, and more. We couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised, and plan to make this a "regular" place.Special Features:
- Absolutely love this place!EllewerdVIPDined on 8/10/2013From start to finish the service and food was exceptional! It's a nice cozy and welcoming feel to it when you enter, the nook and crannies are decorated perfectly giving you a real sense of the Irish culture. Not only was our waitress Megan phenomenal, but even the general manager stopped by our table to make sure we were enjoying ourselves, with helpful hints to whiskey choices and great recommendations on the best eats on the menu, these guys went above and beyond. I highly recommend this neighborhood gem to anyone traveling through Austin looking for a great meal, friendly faces and the "everybody knows your name" feel to it, they even show the English soccer tournaments and have a wonderful brunch, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell in love with Fado!JoyBDined on 7/6/2013This was our first time to visit this establishment. We went for the Blaggards and fell in love with Fado!!! We'll be back for all the Blaggard's performances and then some and we'll reserve our table again via Open Table. Great experience all-around!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fadoRachThaRedheadDined on 6/16/2013You really can't go wrong here. Went for Fathers Day Brunch. Server was knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. We all ordered something different and no one was disappointed. Every dish was delicious and the food arrived in a timely manner.. Can't speak to the entire menu, but I got a bite of everything we had (shepherds pie, corned beef, salad, fish and chips, and the cheese appetizer).Cant wait to go back and try more. We got the caramel apple pie for dessert because they were out of then strawberry rhubarb. It was very good- and i normally don't like apple pie. Waiting for the next excuse to go back and try the rhubarb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My craving for a full IrishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013My craving for a full Irish brunch led me to Fadó, and I was pleased. We arrived at noon, and were instructed to have a seat anywhere. The Irish coffee was the closest thing to what I have had in Ireland, and the brunch was fantastic. I'm coming back, for sure.Special Features:
- It was our first time at Fado's,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013It was our first time at Fado's, and my husband and I loved it!! The food was awesome! The service was fantastic! We would highly recommend Fado's, and can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Kind of dead as it was a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2013Kind of dead as it was a Sunday evening, but I'd go back.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We went to Fado for my husband's birthday. Great scene, fun environment, and delicious food. I love the ambiance! The staff are helpful and went to great lengths to correct a mistake they made. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- We have always enjoyed ourGrantimeDined on 2/14/2013We have always enjoyed our time at Fado's, rather for a meal or grab a drink and listen to music.
- Friday Night Fun for 7 Adults!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013We had so much fun and were thrilled to find reservations on a Friday night! The serving staff were energetic and friendly and we all enjoyed our food! This was our first time to visit Fado's and we'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always a good time!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013This is always a fun place to eat and have a few drinks. The food is great and the service is amazing. My husband and I really like this place a lot.Special Features:
- This is an Irish pub withOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/4/2013This is an Irish pub with good pub fare and beer selections. Expect large spirited crowds when there is a game (futbol, most notably English Premier or any significant futbol, american soccer or rugby match). We popped in for lunch during the week (no notable games were airing) and enjoyed the same good food and good service without the chaos. Of course, this is THE place to be when it comes to catching a great EPL match.Special Features:
- Great sports pub with authenticluv2eatoutDined on 9/29/2012Great sports pub with authentic Irish pub ambiance, several big screen TVs, great drink menu and delicious mixed menu with both American Food and Irish favorite dishes. I had the beef stew appetizer and fish & chips as an entree. My wife had the chicken boxty quesadillas.Special Features: