fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Atlanta
273 Buckhead Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fadoirishpub.com/atlanta
- Phone: 404 841 0066x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Saturday: Early - 3:00am
Sunday: Early - 12:00am
The Pub opens early on weekends for European sports and serves brunch until 3pm. Check the sports schedule for opening times.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Irish
- Executive Chef: Bryan McAllister
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Please visit our website for details of music, sports and Wednesday night Pub Quiz.
- Special Events: Fado Irish Pub presents the first annual Fado Big Brewhaha on Saturday, September 14th! We're having a huge outdoor beerfest with unlimited sampling of over 75 beers 5 delicious ounces at a time!
Not into the beer thing? The sampling ends at 6pm and we roll out fully stocked bars and more live music and games until 11pm!
Buy your tickets today! VIP packages are available.
Go here for all the details and to buy tickets: http://fadobigbrewhaha.com/
A word from fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Atlanta
Fado is an excellent choice for pub favorites and fresh, from-scratch seasonal specials that will reset your expectations of food in an Irish pub. We're currently featuring new seasonal craft beers and housemade cocktails along with a new Snack menu designed for groups looking to share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great experience at FadóJsan23Dined on 8/15/2014I made reservations to this Pub with anticipation of our visit to Atlanta. My wife and I had a fantastic experience overall. The food and superb service were the highlight of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding pre-partyScotdinerDined on 6/27/2014We had a fabulous dinner here on Friday evening. We had booked for 17 including two children for a family get together before my son's small family wedding the next day. The staff was incredibly accommodating, we had our own private area, and our waitress Bailey was excellent! It was just what we needed after a long drive from Jacksonville, Fl with the last couple of hours in Friday Atlanta rush hour traffic! We were all delighted with Fado and would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014It is strange to me that Fado is on Open Table. I have been here twice, both times through Open Table. The first time it was not crowded, but there is no hostess so it is difficult to find your table. They did have papers on the table, however, saying "Reserved for XX", which was nice. The second time I went was a Friday night. I'm not sure why they even allowed reservations. The World Cup game was on so the bar was completely packed. It took us forever to find the correct person to sit us. Both times we had great service, but I'm just wondering why a bar is open table. Both times I was worried I wasn't going to get my Open Table points, because I never encountered a hostess.Special Features:
- The following 47 reviews are from the fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Atlanta reviews archive.
- Fantastic Lunch at FadoLauren78Dined on 4/7/2014My husband and I had a great lunch at Fado. My chicken tacos were amazing and my husband loved the sliders. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Misleading wEb site infoSusMVIPDined on 4/5/2014You web site said free parking for lunch. I would have walked as I did not want to pay $5 for parking. Raised it to the manager and no response. Food portions too huge.
- An American Faux PubHimselfDined on 4/3/2014The best thing about fado' is certainly the Guiness. Also probably the most authentic. The service was under whelming. The food was under whelming, the volume of the sound system was over-whelming. If you think this is even close to authentic Irish, you have never been to Ireland, or Boston, of Chicago for that matter.Special Features:
- A little bit of Ireland plus morePTCBabeDined on 3/8/2014A small group celebrated St. Patrick's Day a little early. Bailey, our server, was outstanding!!! Very helpful, attentive without being obtrusive. Favorites that we ate were the Smoked Salmon Bites (do die for!), Warm Brownie with Guinness Ice Cream, Rhubarb Pie, and their made-on-site Blueberry Cheesecake (light wonderful texture.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European Pub FeelLESPOPDined on 2/26/2014Great place to hang out to tip a few pints. The food is what I call 'modern pub fare'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServicebirthdaygirlDined on 2/22/2014I went to this restaurant with a party of 10 for my birthday celebration on a Saturday night. The reserved table didn't have enough chairs and the tables were separated, so with no help from the staff, we found more chairs and moved the table together. It was so loud in there she could barely hear our orders and you had to scream across the table for anyone to hear you. The waitress seemed annoyed all night and was extremely rude. Maybe since gratuity is added to the bill with parties of 10, she didn't really care to give us good service. On the other hand, the food was great and the atmosphere was so fun! It was loud, but that was expected. Over all I would give the restaurant a 7 out of 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drink selection.ChicagoHooVIPDined on 2/19/2014Great food and drink selection. Fun trivia night too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for a partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I planned a surprise birthday party at Fado. Made reservations online and called to make sure they were aware it was a surprise. They were so accomadating of our large group and sat us in the perfect place for the surprise. All of the staff were great. The service, atmosphere, food and drinks were all amazing! I definitely will be back and would recommend to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta's Irish PubFoodMeDined on 2/15/2014I've been going to Fado's for many years and love everything about it. My husband and I always hit up the local Irish pub whenever we travel and always compare it to Fado's. the service is always accessional as is the food. I highly recommend Fado's to anyone visiting Atlanta and if you live here and have never been, shame on you! Get your but over there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ladies night outSprainedAngelDined on 2/14/2014I absolutely love love love Fado. Our waiter was Trey. He was super helpful, knew all the info about food and drinks and was very fun and personable. I even decided to talk to someone about having my birthday party here. The food came out hot, fresh and fast...what more can you ask for. Oh, and did I mention that during the weekdays they have $4 food specials from 4-7(those hours may not be exactly correct). This will definitely become a regular stop for me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fadosniknikDined on 1/26/2014Nice irish pub atmosphere. Good service, a little too loud. Food was decent, but their wings were killer!!!! I'll go back for Wings and beer and try a sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodaxisfadeDined on 11/30/2013The food was amazing. The wings are the best. Our server seemed a bit upset throughout the night. But other than that it was great!! The place is great for watching sports. Nice place if you've never been.Special Features:
- Fado was the venue of choiceuk2atlDined on 11/2/2013Fado was the venue of choice for me and my wife during a weekend getaway in Atlanta. Our needs were 1) Live coverage of the Arsenal vs Liverpool EPL match 2) Energetic yet comfortable environment 3) Decent pub grub. All of our needs were met beyond expectation! All of the food is prepared and presented with great care and pride - the proof really being in the pudding. An honest pint to go with the meal, from a large selection on tap. There's equal attention paid to the chairs, tables, bar, and surroundings in general - I really felt I was down for a pint in my local! Last, but certainly not least, our table reservation through opentable got us right in front of one of the many flat-screen TV's to watch the match!!! Cheers Fado!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fado was disappointingmurrayDined on 9/29/2013Food was at best average and the service was poor. We ordered wings. Our waitress did not bring us any plates, napkins and silverware. We had to go find our own. She was almost sullen !Special Features:
- Best Pint inAtlantaMagEllisDined on 9/7/2013Great place to down a pint with friends and family, Only outdone by a fine soft morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No issues-easy-in-out-notTKD7Dined on 8/17/2013No issues-easy-in-out-not thrilled about paying 5 bucks to parkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Happy HourMichaealsAssistantDined on 8/8/2013My Party of 11 really enjoyed our celebratory happy hour at Fado's. We were able to reserve the roof-top patio and take in the city view. Great drinks plus great service equals a successful happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what's the point of a reservation?bummedDined on 7/13/2013I made a reservation for 15 people 3 wks in advance for my husband's birthday. When I got to the pub, I eventually was told that there was a table reserved for me, but that the people before me were still there (I was about 20 mins early), which is fine, but she said they had told them what time they had to be up, but that she didn't expect them to be. This place doesn't have a solution for customers who won't get up for another reservation of 15 people? That's not good for business when you're spoiling plans for large groups! I was tasked with scrambling for my own table, which ended up on the 2nd floor - w/ no bar, and no servers taking our orders, so every time anyone wanted a drink they had to go to another floor! Not an ideal bday! :-(
- This was the perfect settingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2013This was the perfect setting for the event we had with very good service and a nice atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rugby and BrunchRugbywatcherDined on 7/6/2013Great Irish Pub, we went there to watch Rugby and gave brunch. It was great as always, good food and grossly service. The table was waiting for us and was in a great locality to watch the game. As always child friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genuine Food Genuine ServiceErikaDined on 6/29/2013The food was amazing, We had the Fish and chips which was a massive plate full of fresh, and hot seafood and cut potato wedges. Everything was first class pub food all the way. The service was stellar. Our bartender was there when we needed a drink or advise on ordering and left us to our evening otherwise. We went on a Saturday night so it got quite loud, but I would be suspicious of a pub that wasn't. The decor was tasteful and the woodwork impressive. We went for our anniversary date night, but can't wait to return with more friends. Well worth the venture off the main drag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite expensive for an Irish "pub"!terrDined on 6/23/2013Food was good, not great, servings small. Waitress was unfriendly and rude. Slow evening but slow service. And why would an Irish pub have fish tacos? Would try again, but it's expensive for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour SpotMichaelDined on 6/21/2013With $4 apps and drinks during happy hour, you can't beat it. Fado is great for a group and the atmosphere is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small bachelor party dinnerbachpartyDined on 6/1/2013We chose fado because the bride loved her trip to Ireland and thought she would enjoy the trip down memory lane on her night. We were there early about 7 and everything was nice and low key. They allowed us to move our reservation up the rooftop patio and it was great up there. I also loved the indoor decor though. Food was excellent and complimentary shots for the occasion. I wish I could remember the waitress's name. She was lovely and fun. Would go back again if I lived in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- college groupsoxeylynnDined on 5/24/2013I took at group of 12 college students, and we had a great experience. We were not famaliar with many of the items on the menu and had to Google them, but that was part of the experience...trying new things. Everyone was very pleased with the food we ordered and passed our plates around so everyone could try everything. We had a great waiter that was able to answer all of our questions, and he had a great personality! He made our meal even more fun. I would definitely recommend Fado's to anyone going to Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for everyone.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2013Great local pub - tasty burgers - fun place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blaring rock music in an IrishJamesVIPDined on 4/12/2013blaring rock music in an Irish theme pub? I don't think so! Food was unhealthy but tasted good, fish and chips and fish taco. Service was good but the music was just overpowering and not good Celtic!
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly. I will definitely be going again!Special Features:
- We were really looking forwardBunnyVIPDined on 3/21/2013We were really looking forward to an 'authentic' Irish Pub experience. Since it was the week of St. Patrick's Day, we decided to go for Corned Beef and Cabbage. The staff didn't seem to know who our server was, and when a server came to later group seated next to us, she said that she wasn't our server, and proceeded to take their order. When our meal was served the meat was tough and the cabbage more of a slaw. Very disappointing.
- came in from out of town forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2013came in from out of town for a quick light lunch. delighted by the pear salad and the bread pudding. surprised to find families dining in a pub; created a nice warm feeling. loved the soccer on the main tv.Special Features:
- I was in town for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013I was in town for business and enjoyed dining at the restaurant. Fabulous food and exceptional service. I will be traveling to D.C. In a few weeks and plan on visiting fado while there.Special Features:
- Bad all aroundEg1970Dined on 2/17/2013Poor service, food was not up to par. The service was so disappointing I made a reservation that had limited availability to walk in with a sign that said seat myself. We picked a table in the corner that had not been cleaned from earlier in the day still with Brunch menus. The server came over after 20 minutes to say she would be right back after 10 more minutes we asked her to please clean the table and then had to ask her to wipe it down. The whole experience was poor. Nothing like the one in Chicago. We will never go back. Not a way to impress clients. We could have had a better experience at a diner.
- The food was fantastic, myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was fantastic, my husband and I had the fish and chips and a friend had fish tacos. We were there for an early lunch, the restaurant was not crowded the waitress was polite but not impressive with service.Special Features:
- Noisy and overpriced appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013Noisy and overpriced appetizers and desserts. The food is mostly bland. Definitely a pick up place for young people. Could barely get out of the place due to the large crowds at theh bar blocking the pathway. Unless looking for a date, I would aviod.Special Features:
- nice evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2013Very nice place. Was noisy, but was trivia night and us soccer was on also. So noise level was understandable. Service was great, with a very understanding waiter who left us alone to visit.Special Features:
- Ireland re-visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Having had 13 days in Ireland last September with my daughter, her husband, and my wife, the four of us came to Fado's to re-experience the food. My Full Irish Brkfst and my wife's fish and chips were excellent. All four enjoyed. Thanks for great interior design and good Irish food.Special Features:
- The food here is great..weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013The food here is great..we got the house salad with chicken, fish and chips, and the chicken and bacon sandwich. All were scrumptious! Only bad part was our service--our waiter barely came to check on us all night and our fries we ordered never came.