fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Annapolis
One Park Place #7
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fadoirishpub.com/annapolis
- Phone: 4106260069
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11.30am - Midnight
Tuesday - Friday: 11.30am - 2am
Saturday: Early for sports - 2am
Sunday: Early for sports - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Comfort Food, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Please visit our website for details of music, sports and Wednesday night Pub Quiz.
A word from fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Annapolis
Fado is an excellent choice for pub favorites and fresh, from-scratch seasonal specials that will reset your expectations of food in an Irish pub. We're currently featuring new seasonal craft beers and housemade cocktails along with a new Snack menu designed for groups looking to share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Food Great! Service not so much!AnnieNonmussDined on 7/18/2014The food and drinks were awesome. We ordered the lamb sliders as an appetizer, they were great. The chicken bacon sandwich and shepherd's pie entrees did not disappoint. However, it was difficult to get the servers attention, the restaurant was not that busy, and so there was really no reason for the lackluster service.Special Features:
- Wonderful outside experienceBmoreFoodFiendDined on 7/4/2014We met friends (4 adults/4 kids) at fado for dinner before the July 4th fireworks. They nabbed an outdoor table near the fountain and we had good food and service. My husband has to be careful about what he can eat so his options were limited but the rest of us were fine with the bar food like burgers, fish & chips, and the lamb gyros (really yummy). We did order a bunch of fried food which was tasty if that's what you are into.Special Features:
- Classic Irish PubRayInBowieDined on 6/15/2014Went here to be able to reserve a table to watch England-Italy World Cup game. I had Reuben sandwich & Maryland crab soup. Both were very good. Service was so-so; looked like only 2-3 servers for the whole place. Dessert was very good but coffee was not so great (I'm on a five restaurant run of lousy coffee-?). Will be back sometime soon - prices were reasonable & food/ale were good.Special Features:
- Irish comfort foodadchotinVIPDined on 5/3/2014Interesting bar type menu. Fado burger was very good. Noisy but hey, it's a bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant - Annapolis reviews archive.
- Nothing specialForgtNamesIUsedVIPDined on 4/19/2014Went in the morning. Quiet. Food was nothing special.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014Everything was very good but I realized that if I ordered the same food from the regular menu it was actually cheaper than the restaurant week special menu. Still it was very inexpensive but not a deal for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not have our table ready-OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Did not have our table ready- had to ait forever for drinks and food- loud
- Not great if you want to talkamooreVIPDined on 2/28/2014Very loud, service was average, food was average. Was expecting more from the description. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Very disappointed. Had reservation and still waited 10 minutes for a noisy spot. Server was overloaded. Waited 15 minutes for drinks and order taking. Food was pretty good. What a shame because they have a great spot in Annapolis.
- Everything we hoped forGfitzDined on 2/23/2014My husband I chose Fados as the place to eat after our tiny wedding ceremony. I requested a secluded space, if possible, and when we arrived we were so pleased to find the most attentive staff and our own private space. Knowing it was our wedding day, the staff were congratulatory, friendly, excited, accommodating, attentive, and even brought us champagne on the house to celebrate. They went out of their way to ensure everything was special, without us asking! We were not expecting the VIP treatment, but we were given the utmost courtesy and respect. They did an amazing job and I would recommend this to anyone. Ive been several times before and have eaten outside while enjoying live music in the summer and inside to watch a game at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When Irish Eyes Are SmilingmichaelgallagherDined on 1/17/2014We really like Fado. We always try to visit here whenever possible. It has a nice, homey feel to it. Even when winter is blowing outside, this place seems so warm. The service is very good. You never have to wait long. I would give Fado Five Stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeBrunchfor3Dined on 12/30/2013It was a little confusing when we entered.. no Hostess for minutes... had to go to the bar to find out about getting a table. The bartender told us to seat ourselves. Food was really great. Server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCherylDined on 12/29/2013A warm cozy space for large and small groups. The food is great, something for everyone. I especially love the pulled lamb sandwich and the potato wedges with cheese sauce. Good selection of drinks. Service is always quick and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Football findWarriormomVIPDined on 12/27/2013Made a reservation while attending the military bowl. Their was 8 of us and a baby. Didn't wait long. It was packed with fans from the game. Service was great!Special Features:
- Went with a group of buddiesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/26/2013Went with a group of buddies to grab some dinner and watch the games on a Thursday night. The place was pretty empty, but we all had a good time and the food was excellent. I went in expecting just average bar food, but we were all very pleased. Great spot for a casual/good meal.Special Features:
- Interesting menu.adchotinVIPDined on 12/26/2013We'd never gone to Fado and wanted to give it a try so four of us went on a quiet evening. The menu had traditional Irish fare with modern twists. Soup was good. Appetizers were very interesting and sandwiches very tasty. The prices were fare and service friendly. A very positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skimpy On The CabbageYorkmanDined on 11/30/2013We both ordered Corned Beef And Cabbage. The corned beef was good and plentiful, as were the potatoes, but not so the cabbage. It was merely small strips of the inner white leafs, some of which were a bit undercooked. I'm used to a good chunky portion of cabbage with my corned beef, full, green and leafy. It was disappointing. When I asked the waitress about it, she merely shrugged it off with the standard comment "That's what it usually looks like". I will probably not go back to Fado's.Special Features:
- Busy sports bar scene, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2013We booked a party of 7 with the open table app while we were still at navy stadium for about two hours later. We arrived early for our reservation and they were not aware of our open table booking, even though I had received a confirmation email. However, even though it was extremely busy with lots of parties waiting, they did offer us a table that had a reserved sign on it. Maybe it was for us after all. Anyway, our server was excellent, friendly and very efficient. We ordered appetizers and entrees. We all ordered different entrees, from salads to soups, sandwiches, and hot meals and everyone was extremely pleased with the food. Would go here again! Had been there for brunch a few months earlier and had a great food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Watch The Sox WinSlatsVIPDined on 10/30/2013We were in town for a regatta and wanted to see the final game of the World Series. Our meals were great and they set up next to a TV. The service was excellent and we enjoyed our food.Special Features:
- OOBER BAD EXPERIENCEGSmithDined on 10/19/2013We had reservation for 830pm. We arrived at the restaurant and NO HOST/HOSTESS. The waitresses are passing by and NO ONE acknowledge our presence. We were standing by the hostess area for 10 mins. Finally, my husband asked one of the passing waitress and she told to sit anywhere. We stayed for another 5 mins and ended up at Gordon Biersch instead. We chose this restaurant because it had good reviews from other patrons and we were GREATLY DISAPPOINTED.
- Post Football Game DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2013Great place with great menu for a post-Navy game rehash. Great beers and desserts around some of the best "pub food" in Annapolis. This Irish Pub anchors the area, and is great to stop in for a complete meal, or whatever appeals to you on the lighter side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Navy GameMidMom2016Dined on 9/14/2013Perfect spot after a Navy game on a busy weekend. The table was ready, service was prompt and friendly, the drinks were cold, and the food was hearty and delicious. We'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true touch of IrishMacsterpatDined on 8/31/2013Everything about it was great. It is a Sport's type Pub on the inside and a great restaurant on the outside. The service was spectacular and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Fish and Chips FanasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2013Can't beat the Fish and Chips....especially on "Two for One" Monday. Huge pieces of beautiful Cod with perfect, crisp coating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!JAdeyDined on 8/4/2013Took members of our Board there for dinner before a meeting, very good choice.Special Features:
- Good food, and a nice darkwillieDined on 7/31/2013Good food, and a nice dark ambiance. I enjoyed the items on display. The Bar is gorgeous, and looks like its a 100 years old. Great Happy Hour prices on the chips which were delicious!Special Features:
- AwesomeMyfaultystarsDined on 7/1/2013This place was perfect for the surprise party I threw my boyfriend for his 21st birthday. Our waitress was amazing, always coming t just the right time. Bar selection was ample. Food was delicious! We had a wonderful experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Father's DaymissmarymDined on 6/15/2013We spend Father's Day lunch at Fado. My dad is in a wheelchair but they easily accommodated us. The food was really terrific (and abundant). In addition to the usual Irish bar offerings (not a bad thing), we were able to try some things we'd never had before. The Guiness cheddar bread was a standout, as was the fish and chips and the lamb French dip sandwich. Don't forget to save room for the Harvest bread pudding, either. Orla, our Irish waitress, was new on the job but handled us like a pro, giving us good recommendations on beer and food. We totally enjoyed ourselves. Even though this is a chain, the restaurant was beautiful and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- They did not have our reservation.SandyDined on 4/27/2013They did not have our reservation. They said they never received it! Luckily they were not busy and we easily got a table. I won't use Open Table again, for that reason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Everything was great would go back again and would recommend to all my friends.Special Features:
- We had breakfast at fado onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013We had breakfast at fado on Easter Sunday. The selections were all bood and service was quick and attentive.
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013We enjoyed our food and service very much. The drinks were excellent
- We arrived 10 minutes late,jlhpartyof2Dined on 2/15/2013We arrived 10 minutes late, and our reservation was given away and we were told the wait would be an hour. And I'm still giving the service a very good - That says a lot. We mentioned our open table reservation and management found us space quickly! Comped us and appetizer and seemed to make sure we had the friendliest waitress in Annapolis. The menu seems more lunch oriented than dinner- but every thing was good. Hearty stick to your ribs Irish good. They boxty with guinness sauce and the Irish breakfast both turned up to be solid choices. Nothing great or extravagant just good food. Heavy and probably not fit for foodies though. Bar seemed to be kicking and they had nice ads for that european football up. I'd go back. That says alotSpecial Features:
- Walking distance from theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Walking distance from the Westin Hotel. We asked for a highchair in the reservation and the staff had one waiting. They seemed to position all the patrons with small children together in one area -- great idea. My wife had the corned beef and cabbage - 6 of 10 for her on the food. I had the fish & chips - very good and generous portion. Of note, there isn't a children's menu, but many appetizers work very well for children (mac & cheese, mini-burgers, etc).Special Features:
- There were 4 in our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/24/2013There were 4 in our party and all were extremely pleased with their meals. I had the fish tacos - very yummy!Special Features:
- Our food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013Our food and service were excellent. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Second time at this restaurant.gamorriDined on 9/29/2012Second time at this restaurant. Good food. Service was slow because Fado was packed (Navy football game just ended.) We were able to get veggies instead of bread or potato boxey with the appetizer and they were fresh and crunchy. Everyone's meal was very good, but a gluten free menu could have been useful.Special Features:
- We ate at fado on a FridaygamorriDined on 9/7/2012We ate at fado on a Friday evening. We had reservations inside, but they allowed us to eat outside and hear the live music (Brian and Jason - talented duo). Happy hour beer selection was limited and not very good (Werewolf). So we ordered off the regular menu for the second round. Loved the appetizer, salad, and the great Guinness sauce on the Chicken sandwich. Too full to order dessert, but we'll definitely go back for another meal.Special Features:
- We had a great time and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2012We had a great time and our server was absolutely wonderful. We often go to the Fado in Philadelphia and we were delighted that this location was just as much fun!Special Features:
- Boxtys, shepherd's pie, fishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2012Boxtys, shepherd's pie, fish and chips, a wide selection of beers, and irish coffee..how can you go wrong? We had a wonderful family gathering and we'll be back.Special Features: