Faces Mears Park
373 Sibly Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55101Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Faces Mears Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.facesmearspark.com/
- Phone: 6512097776
- Hours of Operation:
Deli-10am-2pm Monday thru Friday
Restaurant-Monday thru Thursday 11am-11
Saturday 2pm - 2am*
Sunday 2pm - 11pm
*Full Menu until 10pm
*Happy Hour Sunday thru Thurs 3-6pm & 8pm-10pm
Friday and Saturday 3-6 & 10pm t 12 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Global, International, French
- Executive Chef: David Fhima
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On-Site event planner and off-site catering available. Large or small!
Full Service Bakery; cupcakes, wedding cakes, birthday celebrations!
- Entertainment: Daily Lunch Specials
Evening Dinner specials
Happy Hour Specials
Sunday Wood Oven Pizza Specials
Date night specials Monday
Fri/Sat DJ music!
- Special Events: You provide the occasion, we will do the rest! Choose from two versatile private spaces or our exclusive Wine Room. Atrium: Surrounded by windows and 10-story-high ceilings, the atrium features a customizable floor plan that can accommodate reception-style events for 250 or seated occasion for 150.
Set with a private wine and espresso bar catering exclusively to your group, Faces mears park’s lounge is perfect for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres for up to 75 guests.
A Chef’s Table is a celebration of food, wine and friends. Typically, this event occurs in the kitchen, but we have created an occasion to be enjoyed in the intimate setting of our wine room. You and your guests will be entertained with a specially-crafted, multi-course menu from our inspired Executive Chef David Fhima. Each course will be paired with a wine that compliments the unique flavors of each dish. Please inquire for pricing and availability.
A word from Faces Mears Park
Whether dining in or picking up a rotisserie chicken, baguette and bottle of wine to go, our guests enjoy an array of options made with the best local ingredients and without additives, preservatives or processing. FACES mears park has an extensive wine list featuring organic, biodynamic and sustainably farmed options. When weather permits, guests can be seated on our patio and enjoy scenic views of Mears Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Faces Mears Park - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Faces Mears Park reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)special occasion (22)scenic view (20)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Food & Even Better ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Celebrated our anniversary, food and service fantastic. Thank you!Special Features:
- gb5510Dined on 7/12/2014Always enjoy Faces. It's a beautiful location all year long and lovely inside. The food is delicious and it always feels nice to be there.Special Features:
- Third Time's a BustStaggerDined on 7/10/2014On our third visit, Faces disappointed us profoundly. There didn't' seem to be anyone in charge - there was no one manning the host/hostess station and we saw no one in a managerial capacity the whole evening. Our waiter was so slow and distracted that the waiter at the next table took it upon himself to step in and serve us. When waiter #1 brought our plates and food he had his fingers all over the plates. it was extremely aggravating to have to negotiate one's way through dinner, as in, "Can we please have that wine that we ordered 10 minutes ago?" and "Excuse me, I ordered this filet medium and it is raw in the middle. Can you cook it some more?" This was our wedding anniversary dinner. In retrospect, it was a poor choice.
- Wonderful foodKristinDined on 6/28/2014I found this place on a Living Social. The food is unbelievably flavorable. We had two tagines. Chicken with figs and a very sultry cinnamon flavoring. Seafood tagine was a red spicy sauce with some kick and fantastic flavor. Highly recommend this food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014The food was outstanding. The server was excellent and made two very good recommendations and was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list.Special Features:
- DEKEDined on 6/21/2014The food at Faces was great! Would definitely come back! But, why should I continue to book my reservations through Open table? You never give me any points on my reservations!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!GoaleveDined on 6/17/2014Great dining experience from start to finish, would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Lowertown DestinationJayLearyVIPDined on 6/9/2014With a great view of Mears Park, the location alone makes this worth trying. But with some of the most engaging staff in the area, interesting decor and a spicy Moroccan-influenced menu, it is much more than just a cool setting. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Very disappointed!!SWidenVIPDined on 6/6/2014This place was very disappointing. We made reservations and no nots to seat us so they placed in the bar which wasn't what we were looking for. Meals were wrong, manager did nothing to help and then the bill was wrong. Overall not impressed... Avoid there are plenty of other great places to go to in St. Paul for dinner.Special Features:
- Food Yay. Repairs needed. noDanceFoodYayDined on 6/6/2014The food was terrific. The restaurant bathroom and chairs in Bar/lounge are need repairs. Also, per website, Salsa dancing in this establishment. But the server said they were looking for a band so no entertainment is planned. Shouldn't the website be updated to say Salsa dancing suspended at this time?Special Features:
- New Tastes, great eveningHungritoVIPDined on 6/6/2014We had a voucher for a Moroccan Dinner, and enjoyed every bite! The starter was out of this world--the plumpest, freshest prawns I have ever tasted, and a preparation that "opened the palate" as the chef advised, tableside. The tangines were absolutely spectacular. The colors, scents, textures and flavors were unexpectedly unique. I will add that the chef told us that the ingredients are locally sourced, and based on the density and freshness of the multi-colored cauliflower, I must concur that these were the freshest ingredients available in the upper mid-west. The desserts are patisserie quality, and the coffee is outstanding. Did I mention we dined al fresco, overlooking Mears Park? Where am I...?Special Features:
- Finally, a restaurant that gets it!8itGudDined on 6/2/2014Faces Mears Park is 100% local, 100% non-GMO, and 98% organic, and they make their own food-based food coloring when needed for the menu and bakery items. And if that's not enough, the food AND bakery are awesome. The bar is very good (including their own infusion of lemon-rosemary vodka that's limoncello-esque), but we were there on a Monday so couldn't tell if there's really a vibrant bar scene there on weekends. There should be, in my opinion... the setup and ambiance supports it well. We got a private visit from the chef just to check in with us, and other tables did as well. He really cares about the food and the people, which is exceedingly rare these days. This was a great find on a Monday night. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood specialsBadgerMomDined on 5/25/2014I had a fried soft shell crab sandwich. It was amazing! Just like being back on the eastern shore of VA! Light crispy batter and a huge portion. The server said they had received the crab two days before and it did taste fresh. We also split a piece of coconut cake--good call since the piece was huge. Coconut was light and flaky and cake was delicious. Not too much frosting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressed, poor service, loudtheman1Dined on 5/23/2014Arrived at 9:45pm. No host. Had to signal the bartender to be seated. Got the impression she was annoyed I was there. Our server (who I will leave unnamed) came to our table 2 times to drop off water and light the candles before he ever introduced himself or said welcome to faces. Got the impression we shouldn't be dining this late by asking questions like "what brings you out so late for dinner." He was inappropriate and informal and made comments such as "wow you must have a rich husband to attend school where you did." Awkward. Seated next to bar, horribly loud. The bar patrons were making fog horn noises intermittently which was really a nice touch to the ambience. App was a letdown. Only 1 scallop. Tagines were unique and good.Special Features:
- Great Graduation DinnerWinners729Dined on 5/23/2014Amazing food and really great atmosphere. The service was less-than-professional at times but our server was attentive, available and knowledgeable (just lacked a bit of refinement is all). The reservation was at 830 and some party was there so it was really loud but nothing that ruined the evening. Fantastic drink list, and, again, INCREDIBLE food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedduster47Dined on 5/11/2014We noted in the reservation that there would be 5 of us and that we would need a highchair. When we arrived we were told there were no highchairs available. They only had 5 for the entire restaurant and we were told "there are a lot of kids today". Of course there will be a lot of kids it was Mother's Day! After waiting at least 10 minutes for a server we were finally greeted. One thing that drew us to this brunch was the option to get eggs cooked "to your liking". Our server informed us that we could have eggs done in only 3 ways, when questioned he told us doing eggs to order was too hard for the kitchen. The food on the buffet was uninspired and lacked flavor. The dessert table was good but not amazing. Truly disappointed.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation for mothers day brunch. It all looked really nice. The buffet was not so good. I was expecting much better. The prime rib was cold. The plates were the only thing hot. I had included a high chair in the reservation but there were non available for us. The bathroom had issues too. The toilets did not flush automatically and the sink was leaking and the floor was very wet. Very disappointed and cost way too much.
- Mother's Day BrunchhoneyhoneyDined on 5/11/2014I usually find brunch buffet's anywhere to be completely boring and uninspired. But Faces was a pleasant surprise! Prime rib, salmon, french toast, bacon, sausage, salad, etc and tiny bite sized desserts were all amazing. Our waiter was prompt and friendly. The only negative was the chaos at the hostess stand. The hostess didn't seem to know which end was up and many people had been waiting for quite some time despite many empty tables. Other than that, a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedSuziDined on 5/11/2014The brunch was extremely over priced for what was offered. The options on the buffet were scarce and not worth the price. Our server was not knowledgeable about the buffet or other buffet options that came straight from the kitchen.Special Features:
- Quiet pre Ordway meeting placeMarkBDined on 5/10/2014My party of 4 saw TU Dance at Ordway. I wanted a quiet place to eat and show off Lowertown. I choose Faces because the food is good, the noise level is very low. it is Skyway accessible from Faces to the St Paul Hotel, near Ordway, as rain was imminent. I wanted to avoid exposure as much as possible. I sat in the Banquette section so my guests could look into Mears Park as they ate. My own date ate a salad and I sandwich and and tea and our bill was moderate for the experience and park view ambience at $32. We seated at 6:00 and told the server we had to be at the Ordway at 7:30. We ate and had a brisk walk to the Ordway just getting seated at 7:25. For Faces for pre Ordway events, seat at 5:30 to have a leisurely 15 walk to Ordway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLikefoodDined on 5/7/2014Wonderful service and good. Great experience. We were seated by the window that looks over the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 494 reviews are from the Faces Mears Park reviews archive.
- great anniversary dinnerTHandLHDined on 4/29/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at Faces Mears Park. The food was wonderful and the staff was very friendly and attentive. My wife had Sweet Peas and Chilean Sea bass Saffron Risotto, and I had the Steak Au Poivre, both meals were wonderful.Special Features:
- ehhhSPAZVIPDined on 4/26/2014I read that it was affordable, but I would call it pricey and the food was good but not great. I probably wouldn't go back again.
- Great!foodieDined on 4/26/2014I chose this place on a whim as we planned a night out but didn't make solid reservations too far in advance. They happened to have a reservation available during the time frame I was looking for. It was a great choice. The food was amazing!Special Features:
- Leisurely DinnerSaintPaulGirlDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I had dinner at FACES before an SPCO concert last weekend. In additon to having great food and terrific service, we were not rushed in any way to get "in and out". We had given ourselves lots of time to have a relaxed dinner and we were so unrushed, we barely made it to the concert on time! Can't wait to return as we always enjoy FACES!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marge313Dined on 4/25/2014Great little gem in Mears Park area of Downtown St. Paul. Bistro-style food with an eclectic flare. I really enjoyed the food and wine.Special Features:
- World-Class Gem in St. PaulRubyDined on 4/23/2014Every time I eat here, I wonder why I don't come more often. The sad answer is I live in the SW 'burbs, so it's a bit of a trip to downtown St. Paul, but really it's not that far and it's well worth it to enjoy beautifully executed European cuisine (including incredible baked goods and desserts) plus exotic flavors with a Moroccan influence. Where else can you get an incredible steak frites that's right out of a Parisian bistro OR a tagine bursting with enticing aromas and perfectly stewed ingredients? And chef David is always around, coming to check on your dinner, answer questions, help you select a great wine..lovely setting with a great view of the park thru a wall of glass. Patio in the summer, underground parking for colder weather.Special Features:
- Fantastic Easter BrunchBarbaraDined on 4/20/2014We were a party of 8 (+twin babies) at Faces for Easter brunch. It was our first time for all of us. We made the reservations at 1:45 because of the babies and not wanting to disturb a busy brunch time. The restaurant was so accommodating and put us at a table with plenty of room for a large stroller. It was a perfect setting with the foyer area in case a baby got fussy. The food was fantastic, including the special order omelets and french toast. The staff was also wonderful, giving us all the attention we needed, and did not rush us at all. This restaurant created a wonderful atmosphere and a very memorable Easter buffet. I appreciated the call from Open Table confirming the reservation. Excellent experience & definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Feastout2lunchguyDined on 4/20/2014This is the second time that we have had Easter Sunday Brunch at Faces and it is absolutely lovely. The food is all wonderfully prepared, beautifully served and the restaurant personnel are all exceptional and ready to make your dining experience that absolute best possible! Thank you and well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Money grabLausbubDined on 4/20/2014No clue on how to serve a holiday brunch. Dirty place, awful service and very limited food selection. $32pp for frozen hash browns. really?
- DisappointedFoodluvDined on 4/20/2014We went to Faces Mears Park for Easter Brunch and sorry to say that we were disappointed in the scrawny selection of buffet food for the amount we had to pay per plate...$32. In our opinion, they should have charged a lot less for the food that was provided. We felt like we got ripped off. The service was great though.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014My family had the Easter brunch and it was very good. Based on past reviews I was concerned about the service however the service was excellent. The food was great although I thought it was a bit over priced. Overall it was a very enjoyable Easter brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchJerryDined on 4/20/2014We were disappointed in the Brunch, limited selection, and only scrambled or omelets with or without cheese was available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressiveBadBrunchDined on 4/20/2014We chose Faces because we had a good experience at last years Easter brunch. This year was very dissapointing. Our waiter didn't mention that we had to order eggs from him, so we had to find out from the buffet worker. When he FINALLY came over to ask if everything was OK, we ordered eggs and french toast. The french toast was good, but the eggs were so salty we couldn't eat them. Our whole family was dissapointed in the meal this year and we won't be returning to the restaurant.
- Nice Easter BrunchStPaulSuzDined on 4/20/2014I took my mom to their Easter Brunch. The meal is served buffet style, with wait staff bringing drinks and clearing dishes. The staff was terrific, and it is a pretty place. The food was good, but I was specifically looking forward to the prime rib and it was just okay. I do love Faces though, and go there often.Special Features:
- GREAT experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2014Fantastic service! Loved the natural organic menu! Our server was super knowledgeable and pleasant. Especially loved that it is locally owned and operated…including the husband/wife owners who were VERY present and involved…! Pretty views overlooking Mears Park. Dined there at the recommendation of others on Saturday evening to celebrate my husbands birthday…will DEFINATELY be back!Special Features:
- You Can Never Go Wrong with FacesDenaliWahineDined on 4/9/2014I have eaten here several times and always enjoyed it. My spouse and I especially enjoy chef's Moroccan tagines. The wine list is superb, and I've always enjoyed the cocktails I've ordered. With an on-site bakery, desserts are out of this world. I always mean to try chef's croque monsieur but wind up with another tagine. I will have to come back for lunch rather than dinner, sometime, for that delicious French style ham and cheese goodness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chorizo paella without chorizo?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We ordered the seafood chorizo paella for 2. I'm Hispanic, and paella is my favorite. The paella for 2 although it was enough, it was barely enough for two as I saved myself room for dessert. Also the chef 'forgot' to put chorizo in it. :/ They were understaffed and the bartender was our waiter. He did a decent job but he did not know what chorizo even was and he was not a waiter obviously. Overall I can't say I would recommend the place to a friend. But at least it wasn't horrible.Special Features:
- Wonderful service, professionalLJNordyDined on 3/29/2014Wonderful service, professional and very friendly and helpful. Our server was always at our table asking if we needed anything. We had the chefs special of the night, and he came out when we were almost through with our meal to see how we liked it. WONDERFUL experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2014superb, unique food. Best harira soup I have found. And service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.